ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+19
PinkSweetart
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
mina
Ninzae
Ethnog
TX_CO_Matt
Paulie079
Hadassah
Toro
Spunkn
OneHappyCookie
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
wannaberocker
Apricity
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

What's on your mind? - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:30 am

I love staring at the sky at night. It's so peaceful. There are scattered clouds around; stars shining through them; lightning lighting up the sky in the distance. Too beautiful to sleep.

I would post this on fb but I don't want everyone I know to know I stayed up all night. :p I wonder if its bad that I also intend to get up early to get things done. I'm so wide awake!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:57 am

*sniff*

Today is Thing 1's first day of his last year of high school and Thing 2's first day of his last year of middle school.
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:40 am

Day off. I haven't had a "real" day off in a long time.
Maybe I'll just relax and do nothing.
Or maybe I'll hit the thrift stores and see if I can find some fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:09 pm

I've never been one for thrift stores but my BFF can always find awesome deals at them. I guess she goes a lot and when she finds a great deal she snatches it up. She just bought a really big chest freezer for $50. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:35 pm

I'm the one most likely to be a serial killer Cool 
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
The second time I went to meet some friends from CF I called my mom an hour before I was going to meet them to tell her where I was going - then gave her background info on each that I was going to meet (what their names were, ages, jobs, family) then assured her that I would be okay. :DThen I called her before I drove home.
It's a good idea to let family and RL friends know who you'll be with, where you're going, when you'll be home etc. I even do it myself.

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Anyway. I'm the youngest of five kids...I am the baby of the family. Maybe it just hasn't dawned on my mom yet that I'm in my mid twenties. So I think the first time I decide to meet one of my online friends I'll just break it to her like this: "So, Mom, I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm old enough to be married and bear you grandchildren. Can I meet my online friends now?"
I'm the youngest of four, and I've lived far from home for a long time now, but my mom is still concerned about my internet friendships. She thinks I go to chat rooms and doesn't quite grasp the concept of forums, but she means well.

Thunder Peel wrote:
I didn't even realize other people on the Internet were real. When did this happen?
Last Thursday. jocolor 

I love staring at the sky at night. It's so peaceful. There are scattered clouds around; stars shining through them; lightning lighting up the sky in the distance. Too beautiful to sleep.

I would post this on fb but I don't want everyone I know to know I stayed up all night. :p I wonder if its bad that I also intend to get up early to get things done. I'm so wide awake!
Sounds nice. I like stargazing, with or without the astronomy element. The beauty of creation is awe inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:13 pm

bought a Wii for cheap - let the games begin!
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:21 pm

I guess I got lucky because my parents didn't bat an eye when I said I was meeting people in person from the internet. The first guy I ever met I was 19 and we met in a chat room. He lived in Kansas and I lived in Illinois so we met half way in Missouri. It was a nice visit but we just lost contact with each other.

Back in 2008 I went to Indiana and met about 12 people from a forum I was on. We stayed at one guys house for the weekend and it was really nice. I'm still friends with some of the people from there. My dad just bought the plane ticket and that was that.

I have had people stay at my house with me and the boys, or meet for a day trip...what not.

There have been a few I have almost met but had a bad feeling about it so I didn't. I lost touch with those people pretty much immediately after I declined the meeting so that tells me something.

There are a few more people I want to meet so hopefully I'll get the chance in the next year or so. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:25 pm

I've met a couple people from online chats - the first guy I stupidly invited him to meet me at my house. At the time I thought it was ok because we had skype'd a couple times, but looking back I realize it wasn't safe at all. The next guy I met at a coffee shop with lots of people - safety in numbers!

Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:57 pm

I have had some people stay a weekend with me the first time we met. I have also stayed with someone the first time we met. I just have to have "known" them for quite a while before I do so. I don't know...it's a person to person basis for me. There are some people I would let stay with me, some people I would visit and some I would keep as far away from me as possible. Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Well, my parents can be pretty overprotective sometimes (or try to, at least), but I don't recall them being too worried about me meeting people from online. Maybe they assumed, "He's a guy, he can take care of himself." The first online friend I ever met lived in New York City; I took a bus there. Some parents might have freaked out over that.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 4:22 pm

If I ever go to England, I'm seeing an EPL game.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:11 pm

The nightmares came back last night. The month I had without them was nice while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
http://lunarboulevard.blogspot.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Jess9450 wrote:
bought a Wii for cheap - let the games begin!
Yay! Did you get Mario Kart?
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:03 pm

I love stargazing! If I go outside at night for some reason, I always pause and watch the sky for a while.

Awesome Sauce wrote:
I'm the one most likely to be a serial killer Cool 
I knew it.

Miles wrote:

I'm the youngest of four, and I've lived far from home for a long time now, but my mom is still concerned about my internet friendships. She thinks I go to chat rooms and doesn't quite grasp the concept of forums, but she means well.
Interesting. Maybe my mom doesn't understand the difference between forums and chat rooms then. I suppose I've never actually explained the difference to her. But yeah, I know she (well, both of my parents) means well, that's why it doesn't make me 'mad', just a little irritated. Lol.

Strider1002 wrote:
Well, my parents can be pretty overprotective sometimes (or try to, at least), but I don't recall them being too worried about me meeting people from online. Maybe they assumed, "He's a guy, he can take care of himself." The first online friend I ever met lived in New York City; I took a bus there. Some parents might have freaked out over that.
My dad would have a coronary.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:25 pm

My mom has played Mario Kart with me and other CFers before. Very Happy One time with them talking over skype. Very Happy I muted my mic though so no one could hear us. ^_^
In the past I've also gotten my younger brother or sister to play Mario Kart with them too. Very Happy

I have no idea if she understands forums vs chat rooms or even knows about either. But I don't really see the need to explain unless she asks. She just knows that I talk to a lot of christians online, from a christian website. Very Happy

Skype was the weirdest thing to explain to her.. that it's not always video calls and that I just mostly use it for text talking. Very Happy
She finally got skype herself but is still a little slow at understanding how to use it. Very Happy
Someday hopefully she will get it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:

My dad would have a coronary.
I can understand either parental reaction. I suppose you have to find a balance between keeping your kids safe and allowing them to expand their horizons when they're ready and able. It's tough, I'm sure.

My mom has played Mario Kart with me and other CFers before. :DOne time with them talking over skype. :DI muted my mic though so no one could hear us. ^_^
In the past I've also gotten my younger brother or sister to play Mario Kart with them too. Very Happy
Mario Kart alone makes having a Wii worthwhile. Not that I have one No
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Thunder Peel wrote:
The nightmares came back last night. The month I had without them was nice while it lasted.
What are these nightmares about?
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:44 pm

I spent most of my weekend sleeping, spending time with my friends and family.

I thought I wasn't going to get my energy back, but thankfully I did.
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Back from a fun little day of shopping.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:01 pm

I know you stated that you would rather not discuss your online friends with your parents, but maybe it'll help?? Like, if they knew of a few of your closest friends and talked about them, it will kinda soften the blow a bit. Maybe sit down with both of them and try to explain it and tell them you have a few friends you've known for years and that you're responsible and smart and wouldn't do anything unsafe. Maybe if, at the very least, they got used to a few of your online friends being in your life, it would be easier for them. Maybe not. Older people can be stubborn and don't really grasp fully how the world has changed. As much as you respect and honor them, they should respect your judgment as an adult. Especially since, as far as I know, you're not known for wild rebellious shenanigans lol.

This is an important part of your life and they need a chance to understand and grasp it. Even if they don't like it or think it's stupid.
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:03 pm

She just knows that I talk to a lot of christians online, from a christian website. Very Happy

Skype was the weirdest thing to explain to her.. that it's not always video calls and that I just mostly use it for text talking. Very Happy
She finally got skype herself but is still a little slow at understanding how to use it. Very Happy
Someday hopefully she will get it. Very Happy
Dandelions your situation is very similar to mine. This is very similar to how my parents have come to understand things. At first they couldn't understand the difference between going on chat roulette, and talking to the Christians I've met online and on Skype. lol. But slowly they've understood things a little more and most importantly, learned to trust me and my judgement.

It took a long time though, and it was difficult. But in the end it was worth it to me to have them know.

OneHappyCookie wrote:
Back from a fun little day of shopping.

Ooo what'd you find? Anything good? =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:26 pm

hiya Ray! Smile
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 pm

I just took an age test. Apparently physically I'm 40.3 years old. :/ Tres depressing.

So I look like I'm in my 20's but feel like I'm in my 40's. Soooo...nothing in my 30's? Razz
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:47 pm

Every time Ray is here I feel like this guy...

...I don't know why. Probably because I feel we'd be really good friends if you were actually around more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next