ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+19
PinkSweetart
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
mina
Ninzae
Ethnog
TX_CO_Matt
Paulie079
Hadassah
Toro
Spunkn
OneHappyCookie
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
wannaberocker
Apricity
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

What's on your mind? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:49 pm

It looks like it might rain, I hope it's going to rain.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:08 pm

First off...I'm so freakin' happy right now!!! All my files from my netbook have FINALLY transferred to my new laptop! Squeeeeee!!! Cheer!... Yahoo 

And now for a Deli Drama update!

~~~~~

First off, I just so happened to arrive at the exact same time that Mayhem and Player came in. Remember the one time I said it was like death warmed over when those two were around...? Well, they gave off a happy-go-lucky, lovey-dovey aura now...no surprise since I heard from Player himself that he and Mayhem were gettin' hitched next Saturday (and she's preggo...due some time next year).
ANYWAYS...so I happen to come in just when they were coming in...in fact, I followed them back to the deli. Fine...no biggie...but once we got back into the deli and put our stuff into the walk-in cooler, Player suddenly looks all serious and kinda flicks his head in towards the cooler and says (rather softly to me), 'Hey Steph, I gotta talk to ya for a sec.'
Now with all the things that have happened between us and all...I heard HUGE alarm bells ringing in my head. So...I played dumb.
"Eh? What? You want me in there?!" I replied back kinda loudly. I guess that freaked him out (especially since not only his fiancee, but the Manager and Crochet Lady were all listening), because he didn't push it anymore and just shook his head.
Oooook...weird start to the day....
About a half hour later, a new worker shows up. Most likely to replace Tigger, who was fired for not even showing up to work for a week. My first thought...? 'Yay! I'm not a newbie anymore! Very Happy'
So yeah...this new worker and I got along pretty well today, methinks. I'll be calling her Ducky...I'll explain why in a few.
So...the morning progresses...and I'm totally noticing that Player is literally shadowing Ducky around the deli, drilling her with all sorts of questions (just like he did to me on my first day). You could tell Ducky didn't need to be told how annoying Player was...she pretty much acted just like I did and was all 'whatever...'. Very Happy
Around mid-morning, things get interesting. Player decided to try and figure out Ducky's last name, which the Manager knew. He figured it was a common name, and so he started listing off a couple. The Manager laughed at him and said he would never figure out her last name. Of course, he took this challenge seriously...and surprisingly, so did the Manager. She actually bet him $100 if he could solve the mystery in an hour. Well of course Player (and Mayhem) were all riled up and excited. A hundred bucks ain't nothin' to sneeze at...especially since they're getting married with a baby on the way. So Player is naming off a ton of different names starting with the letter D (that's what it said on her name tag). He's getting so worked up that he even got a few customers involved. One fellow actually pulled out his phone and started surfing the internet for names.
This goes on for about a half an hour...until Player decided to get sneaky. He suddenly disappeared from the deli, which instantly made the Manager suspicious. She dashed out and went towards the office up front...and sure enough, Player was about to beg the office ladies for the name. The Manager was all 'Oh no no no no no! That's cheating...deal's off!' The
Player gets all red in the face, but he knows he was about to cheat, so he takes it quietly (Mayhem is kinda ticked however...).
Since the deal was off, Player asked to finally know Ducky's last name. This is why I call her Ducky; it's some sort of foreign sounding name that kinda starts out sounding like 'duck'.
Mystery solved! Razz

Hmmm...oh yes! For some strange reason, Manager started calling me Jennifer...which I found ironic because that was the other name my parents had for me when I was born (it was a toss-up between Jennifer and Stephanie) and I told her so. She grinned and said 'Well, your parents should rename you.' I laughed and told her I liked being Stephanie, but I found it all amusing. She laughed as well.
Fast forward maybe an hour...Mother happened to come in to go shopping, just as Crochet Lady was going home. They instantly started to chat right in front of the deli, which brought my attention upon them (I was working right near where they were standing). I didn't hear a lot of what they were saying, but I did call over and said hi and wondered what she was doing here. The Manager noticed and asked who she was.
Me: She's my mother.
Manager: Oh, really?
Manager: *calls over to Mother* Hey, your daughter's name is now Jennifer 'cause that's what I keep calling her.
Me: O_O <-- can't believe she really DID tell Mother that.
Mother: *laughs* That was actually the second name we had picked for her! *proceeds to tells Crochet Lady and Manager how they decided on my name* (which is actually really cute/kinda embarrassing >.>)
CL and Manager: *laughs*
CL: *points to me* Oooo, I'm so telling Black Knight this one!
Me: Embarassed 

Daha...yeeeeeeah.... >.< ... XD

Mmmm...I think those are the highlights from today...nothing else too spectacular happened.
Until next time! Razz
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:23 am

I wonder how much rain we got.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:28 am

How did they decide on your name Squeakers? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:28 am

The green tea and ginger body wash I found is so lovely!
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:01 am

I love your deli stories. Smile
Though I guess I had always thought mayhem was a dude. ooops.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:14 am

I think Squeaks got the right name.

Hey, I was almost an Andrew. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I don't think I look like an Andrew.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:56 am

I picked up book 4 tonight. It's called Rejoice. So far it has been a really depressing book. I don't know if I will be able to finish it. I'm not even on page 50 yet. Sad
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:57 am

My sister may have her baby within the next few days!!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:11 am

^That is wonderful! !

It has been too busy for me the past few days with family. I was hoping things would start slowing down soon, although now school will be here in a little over a week, so I will be very busy then too! But I did order my books, and I have three of them now! Very big, heavy books, but they look interesting. I'm going to have to do lots of memorizing this coming semester!
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:55 am

Congrats PinkSweetart; that's really exciting! Smile Is it her first baby? Are you ready to be an aunt?

Apricity are you excited for school to start or not looking forward to it? What classes do you have?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 7:03 am

Okay, so I think I might be done with trying out Chatty Christians.
Not that the company wasn't good. I just don't like the layout or the colors.
It took me long enough to adapt to this place and I don't have the energy to forum hop.
I'm pretty sure I'll stick around on this one though.
Still lurking CF a bit but done with Chatty.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:56 am

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:23 am

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
How did they decide on your name Squeakers? Razz
Daha! I knew someone would ask. Razz

A few days after I was born, my mother was holding me while they were trying to figure out if I was a Jennifer or a Stephanie. Sometime during their decision making, Mother said I snuggled into her arm and puffed my cheeks...which kinda made it look like they were stuffed. That settled it...I was to be called Stephanie and my nickname from then on would be Stuffy. Embarassed... Razz 

OneHappyCookie wrote:
I love your deli stories. Smile
Though I guess I had always thought mayhem was a dude. ooops.

Yeah, I can see how you'd think Mayhem was a dude, but nope...she's a she. And I didn't even give her that nickname...she did. Razz

Strider1002 wrote:
I think Squeaks got the right name.

Hey, I was almost an Andrew. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I don't think I look like an Andrew.

D'aw...yeah, I can't imagine myself being anyone other than Stephanie...I mean, I guess it helps that I've been called that for 23 years, but I think you know what I mean. Razz

Ooooo, I like Andrew! I've always liked that name since I was a kid. Very Happy
I think you could be an Andrew, but yeah...RJ fits you better. *thumbsup*

PinkSweetart wrote:
My sister may have her baby within the next few days!!! ^_^

Wonderful! That's super-duper, Pinky! Congrats! Happy 

OneHappyCookie wrote:
Okay, so I think I might be done with trying out Chatty Christians.
Not that the company wasn't good. I just don't like the layout or the colors.
It took me long enough to adapt to this place and I don't have the energy to forum hop.
I'm pretty sure I'll stick around on this one though.
Still lurking CF a bit but done with Chatty.

Yay! I'm glad you're not leavin' us! I'd miss you. Hug 
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:54 am

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
Congrats PinkSweetart; that's really exciting! :)Is it her first baby? Are you ready to be an aunt?

Apricity are you excited for school to start or not looking forward to it? What classes do you have?
The summer has went by a bit too fast, but I do look forward to school. I usually always get a bit nervous when the semester begins. I will be taking medical classes. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:12 pm

A friend posted pics of her girls on Facebook. One is going to her first day of high school and the other her first day of middle school. I wanted to cry. Mine are going to their last year of high school and last year of middle school. *sigh*

I really need to find hobbies outside the boys. I tried rabbit jumping but Scotty looks at me like I'm retarded whenever I try to work with him. Razz I used to decorate cakes but that can be sooo expensive, and if I have no one to give them to, they sit at my house and I end up with either too much cake or I eat it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:32 pm

I feel very dizzy.

I should eat and rest before work. There will be a meeting and I have to find the right words to express my concerns on which yard to use for the safety of the kid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Apricity wrote:
^That is wonderful! !

It has been too busy for me the past few days with family. I was hoping things would start slowing down soon, although now school will be here in a little over a week, so I will be very busy then too! But I did order my books, and I have three of them now! Very big, heavy books, but they look interesting. I'm going to have to do lots of memorizing this coming semester!
You don't have them memorized yet? Better get cracka lackin!
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:50 pm

It's unfortunate to me that there is so much concern about not stepping on others' toes that one cannot speak of their own sincere beliefs as being undoubtedly true without having to qualify that the possibility remains that they could be wrong. People are put off simply by someone saying what they believe unless they somehow throw a tasty bone to those of the opposing viewpoint.

Last edited by Paulie079 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:07 pm

^ Otherwise known as "modern" society Doh! 
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:09 pm

My baby nephew has been born!!!!!!! ^_^ I don't know his name yet though haha. I'm back on campus, and I'm not sure if I should make the trip down to the hospital. I mean, I would in a heartbeat but after hearing about how my brother in law practically hates my guts, I don't know if I can go. Sad I'm sad!

Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Awesome, Pinky!

Why are your guts hated, though?
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Congrats on your new nephew! I really hope you can get to see him and hold him!
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Awesome, Pinky!

Why are your guts hated, though?
Well, basically my BIL doesn't like the fact that my niece has a close bond with me, and he thinks that I'm taking her away from his family. And he doesn't want me spending so much time with my niece and also my new nephew.

It's dumb because I've been away at school for so long and it was only this past month that I got to actually spend time with my niece. And it wasn't even often because he wont let my sister go and visit my parents, so the only time we ever get to see my sister is a brief time after church on Sundays. And then she goes over on Monday's too wash clothes (since they don't have a washer my sister used that to be allowed to come see us. Although since both my parents work, they don't get to see her) and now he doesn't want her coming over to wash either.

So my sister had to painfully ask me to ignore my niece when ever I see her. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:32 pm

mina wrote:
Congrats on your new nephew!  I really hope you can get to see him and hold him!
I really hope so too!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next