ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+19
PinkSweetart
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
mina
Ninzae
Ethnog
TX_CO_Matt
Paulie079
Hadassah
Toro
Spunkn
OneHappyCookie
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
wannaberocker
Apricity
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

What's on your mind? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:35 pm

PinkSweetart wrote:

Well, basically my BIL doesn't like the fact that my niece has a close bond with me, and he thinks that I'm taking her away from his family. And he doesn't want me spending so much time with my niece and also my new nephew.

It's dumb because I've been away at school for so long and it was only this past month that I got to actually spend time with my niece. And it wasn't even often because he wont let my sister go and visit my parents, so the only time we ever get to see my sister is a brief time after church on Sundays. And then she goes over on Monday's too wash clothes (since they don't have a washer my sister used that to be allowed to come see us. Although since both my parents work, they don't get to see her) and now he doesn't want her coming over to wash either.

So my sister had to painfully ask me to ignore my niece when ever I see her. SadSad
Well, that's... ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Sounds like your sister needs to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with her husband about his insecurity, Pinky.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Wow...sounds like your BIL doesn't care one iota how this makes his daughter feel. How horrible for her. Sad
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:45 pm

I just sent a text message to one of my friends about stopping by her house to say goodbye tomorrow since I won't get a chance to do that after her graduation tomorrow. I can't believe that just happened.
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous. My sister has been talking to him about how it's not right. Hopefully he'll come to his senses and I'll get to see my niece, new nephew and my sister.

My niece is almost two, so she's at the age where she'll be close to anyone. So I don't know why he got so upset at me.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:51 pm

PinkSweetart wrote:
My baby nephew has been born!!!!!!! ^_^ I don't know his name yet though haha.
Yay, that's wonderful Pink!!! I can't wait for my niece to arrive next month!
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:55 pm

Jess9450 wrote:
PinkSweetart wrote:
My baby nephew has been born!!!!!!! ^_^ I don't know his name yet though haha.
Yay, that's wonderful Pink!!! I can't wait for my niece to arrive next month!
Aw, that's awesome! ^_^ Congrats! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:57 pm

PinkSweetart wrote:
My baby nephew has been born!!!!!!! ^_^ I don't know his name yet though haha. I'm back on campus, and I'm not sure if I should make the trip down to the hospital. I mean, I would in a heartbeat but after hearing about how my brother in law practically hates my guts, I don't know if I can go. :(I'm sad!

You need to go visit your sister and your new nephew at the hospital. Do not allow your BIL to run you off like that. Do not! He may be able to control your sister, but don't let him do it to you. This man has some distorted notion that he has the right and freedom to control women and demand they do his every bidding. I say 'women' because he's now moved on from your sister over to you, expecting you to abide by his control as well.

If you're afraid that by showing up at the hospital you might get your sister in trouble with her husband, then I can understand. However, that still should not stop you from visiting. I would show up totally unannounced, that way your sister is completely innocent in any knowledge of you coming to visit. If she still gets in trouble, then perhaps it's time your sister begins to learn the hard way that her husband has a serious problem and that she needs to not put up with it any longer.

If my own BIL tried to control my sister in that way and refusing me contact with my nieces, he'd have a real rude awakening. There's no way in hell I would stand for it.

Anyway. I'm very sorry you're dealing with this. No Hug What a mess. In any case though, I am happy you have a new little nephew. I bet he's absolutely precious.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Congrats Pink for your baby nephew. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Pink congrats!

My personal thoughts: with respect to your sister and her family you should go visit the baby. However, with that said you should also respect his wishes at the moment no matter how wrong he is. He is in a very high stress situation. He has a new family and if there are any financial situation going on he might be taking it out on others. He is not thinking clearly at all.
One of my closest friends had a baby a month and a half ago. She insisted continually that no one visit. I felt so sad because I couldn't and still cant but I respected her wishes. In the end it was about me it's about her fears, her stress and her family. Hopefully, I can soon.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 6:49 pm

I wish there were more dandelions today... I could only find two. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I just realized...I don't think I've seen any all summer.

That is so strange.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:10 pm

That is sad; if you find any let me know.

I'm so tired today. I don't feel like doing anything and I just realized that it's already 5:00.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Congrats on the new nephew, Pinky! Cheer!
That sucks that your BIL 'hates your guts', though.... Sad

OMM, my stomach's feeling funny. One minute it will be hurting and the next minute it's fine...rawr.

Also, been diggin' around my stories and stuff today. I was lazing around almost all day and couldn't even write a sentence in one of my stories. I'm very disheartened atm.... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:32 pm

To those who aren't on my Facebook and don't know...I passed my road test and am officially employed!! Yayyy!!
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:33 pm

^ Congrats, Sauceman! Cheer!
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Plus you, makes three!
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:08 pm

^ That was cute! Very Happy

No one on skype right now...I'm kinda bored...I should be going to bed soon anyways....

Also, still getting used to the bigger keyboard. Thankfully I proofread my posts, or else y'all would be finding missing letters or no spaces between words. >.> ... Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Steve keeps trying to get me to ask this girl out haha. He says she REALLY likes me. I still have doubts about his thinking on this LOL
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:14 pm

I'd Skype with you, Squeaks, but I have to go out and do a couple of things before it gets too late. Have a good night!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
I'd Skype with you, Squeaks, but I have to go out and do a couple of things before it gets too late. Have a good night!
Can you grab me a pizza while you're out? Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
Steve keeps trying to get me to ask this girl out haha.  He says she REALLY likes me.  I still have doubts about his thinking on this LOL
Well, do YOU really like her? If so, go for it!

Strider1002 wrote:
D'aw, m'kay...have a good night, Strider! Hug
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:26 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
Steve keeps trying to get me to ask this girl out haha.  He says she REALLY likes me.  I still have doubts about his thinking on this LOL
From all you have shared, it seems like she likes you.

Why not just invite her over one afternoon for a casual lunch date?
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Your post reminds me of an old comic strip called Bloom County. One of the main characters, Opus the penguin, has a fondness for dandelion patches.

What's on your mind? - Page 18 Tumblr_mc2iw9Ifrb1r8jgbfo1_500

Hopefully, you'll find more tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Miles wrote:
Your post reminds me of an old comic strip called Bloom County. One of the main characters, Opus the penguin, has a fondness for dandelion patches.

What's on your mind? - Page 18 Tumblr_mc2iw9Ifrb1r8jgbfo1_500

Hopefully, you'll find more tomorrow. Smile

A patch of dandelions sounds nice... I want a field of dandelions. I wonder if I can plant one.

I wanted them to feed the tortoises because they love them... so hopefully I will find more soon.

One time my friend found a dandelion while we were walking downtown somewhere; she brought it onto the elevator to an art museum; and didn't let anyone touch it.
She also found a mushroom.. and was wearing flared jeans (that she made flared herself).. and had long hair at the time.. so I was calling her a hippy all day.
The other friend we had with us I was telling him he should eat the dandelions we found.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next