ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+19
PinkSweetart
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
mina
Ninzae
Ethnog
TX_CO_Matt
Paulie079
Hadassah
Toro
Spunkn
OneHappyCookie
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
wannaberocker
Apricity
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

What's on your mind? - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
hiya Ray! Smile
⭐ Saucers! Hello Smile
Glad to see you posting here!

Hadassah wrote:
I just took an age test. Apparently physically I'm 40.3 years old. :/ Tres depressing.

So I look like I'm in my 20's but feel like I'm in my 40's. Soooo...nothing in my 30's? Razz
Okay, was that the wii fit age test? Because that thing is whack attack. Seriously, when I  was 18 and it judged me as 30 one day and 16 the next. I say you forget age and numbers. You're a hot mama and you just embrace that.

afro fo realz

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Every time Ray is here I feel like this guy...

...I don't know why. Probably because I feel we'd be really good friends if you were actually around more.
Oh my gosh! :shock: 

Matt!! You're so awesome! This video made me laugh so much because....
1. I love Everybody Loves Raymond
2. It describes my feelings when I see posters too! You definitely being one.
AND
3. That guy, Garvin is also Uncle Leo on Seinfeld I just figured that out now affraid  Mind. Blown. Razz
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Rayofsun wrote:

Matt!! You're so awesome! This video made me laugh so much because....
1. I love Everybody Loves Raymond
2. It describes my feelings when I see posters too! You definitely being one.
AND
3. That guy, Garvin is also Uncle Leo on Seinfeld I just figured that out now affraid  Mind. Blown. Razz
It fits you so perfectly cause you go by Ray on CF/CC

I'm pretty sure that I was first thing I noticed about Garvin.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Rayofsun wrote:
Awesome Sauce wrote:
hiya Ray! Smile
⭐ Saucers! Hello Smile
Glad to see you posting here!

Hadassah wrote:
I just took an age test. Apparently physically I'm 40.3 years old. :/ Tres depressing.

So I look like I'm in my 20's but feel like I'm in my 40's. Soooo...nothing in my 30's? Razz
Okay, was that the wii fit age test? Because that thing is whack attack. Seriously, when I  was 18 and it judged me as 30 one day and 16 the next. I say you forget age and numbers. You're a hot mama and you just embrace that.

afro fo realz
LOL! I love seeing you here! *huggles* It was some quiz made up by Dr. Oz. Should've known not to trust it. Cool  Rolling Eyes  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Holy cow...I feel like I haven't been on in ages...my life has been UBER busy lately. Just last week, something chewed through our main water pipe (the one that carries the water from the well to the house) and so during the day I've been helping to clean out the basement and haul water to the house from a local spring. Add in my work hours, which have been quite a few closing shifts, and I'm barely able to get on here, let alone on my laptop. >.>

But yeah...anyways...Deli Drama might've come to a close. For the few of you that have been reading them, if you hadn't noticed it already, there were practically two people I mentioned the most often; Diamond Stud and The Player.

DS kept calling off from work until finally he just didn't show up. So he's out and gone.

As for Player, I think I posted the one night that he went kinda crazy and threw food on the floor and was just a HUGE pain in the arse...well, it might've just bit him in the butt for that one. The other night when I went into work, the first thing I was told was 'you don't have to worry about Player anymore...' and I was all 'Say WHA?!' I was then told that he (Player) was called to the office a few days ago and actually argued with the managers (BIG no-no). After that, he came back to the deli, only to have one of the higher-ups come back and pretty much dismiss him right there.

Honestly...as much of a pain Player was...I feel bad for him. He just got fired and still has a wedding to plan and a baby to greet soon. Mayhem, of course, is not a happy camper. She's just kinda there at work now...it's kinda sad to see, especially since I really wouldn't have minded being friends with her. In the beginning when I first started working there, she seemed like a real fun, sweet girl. Only after she started dating/got engaged to Player did she change. So sad.... Sad

But yeah...I haven't completely disappeared! I still think about you guys often and hope y'all are doing well. ^__^

Gotta go to bed in a few minutes...thought I'd at least say hi...and I hope I can post again some more soon! Hug's to all!
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:27 pm

So this lady at work was like "that guy is so cool calm n collected. he reminds me of you"....... and im thinking 'Since when have I ever been cool"?
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:30 pm

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Every time Ray is here I feel like this guy...

...I don't know why. Probably because I feel we'd be really good friends if you were actually around more.

ROTFL.

Aaaaand I will never think of Ray the same again.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:44 pm

So, this past Saturday was move-in day for the Freshman. Last year, ResLife started a twitter hashtag called "things I wish I could say during move-in"....these were the best....

"No we don't have an elevator, but God gave you legs"

Me: "Alright, so what room am I taking all this to?" Parent: "3--" Me: "Welcome to ACU, have a nice day!"

"I actually know who you are because I stalked you on Facebook"

"Don't disguise your frantic quest for a wife as "just helping the freshman girls move in," buncha creeps. "

"Reslife is posting things about you on twitter"

"No, unfortunately, I can't prevent your daughter from talking to boys."

"No, you don't have to shower. Just realize that if you don't shower, you don't get friends."
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:26 am

Squeakers wrote:

Honestly...as much of a pain Player was...I feel bad for him. He just got fired and still has a wedding to plan and a baby to greet soon.
He earned it. He should have behaved better. I just feel bad for the girl who chose to be with him.

Anyway, I hope the deli is not totally devoid of drama Razz
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 am

Rayofsun wrote:
Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

She just knows that I talk to a lot of christians online, from a christian website. Very Happy

Skype was the weirdest thing to explain to her.. that it's not always video calls and that I just mostly use it for text talking. Very Happy
She finally got skype herself but is still a little slow at understanding how to use it. Very Happy
Someday hopefully she will get it. Very Happy
Dandelions your situation is very similar to mine.  This is very similar to how my parents have come to understand things. At first they couldn't understand the difference between going on chat roulette, and talking to the Christians I've met online and on Skype. lol. But slowly they've understood things a little more and most importantly, learned to trust me and my judgement.

It took a long time though, and it was difficult. But in the end it was worth it to me to have them know.
I'm glad you answered my question honestly when I asked if you were an axe murderer before we met... Razz

I could be remembering wrong but I think I asked you that directly. Razz

But yeah I think it makes things easier for parents to know about our friends we meet online, even if they don't fully understand.
Especially for those of us who still live with our parents. Razz
But I think what Miles said is wise. If you're gonna meet someone from online it's good to always tell friends or family where you will be and to check in with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:44 am

TX_CO_Matt wrote:

It fits you so perfectly cause you go by Ray on CF/CC

I'm pretty sure that I was first thing I noticed about Garvin.
Well that's because you're cool and observant like that. Seriously, you really are scarily observant of details...even if that one wasn't so hidden lol.

Hadassah wrote:

LOL! I love seeing you here! *huggles* It was some quiz made up by Dr. Oz. Should've known not to trust it. Cool  Rolling Eyes  Razz 
Nooooo not Dr. There is no person on this earth that is healthy enough for his standards.  I admit I take his quizzes, simply because I'm a quiz nut hehe.
But when I watch the show, there is always a certain process I go through.

At the beginning... I'm encouraged by all these healthy cool ideas. I'm motivated. Raw raw :cheers: 

But then... I start feeling seriously indadequte. How can I be leading such a bad life? He says I'm doing this to myself!

Sooo...I get overwhelmed realizing that my life is just... All. Wrong. LOL

And so I always conclude... I'm just too flawed to be helped. So I throw my burger up in the air and say aaayooo break out the mayo!  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:46 am

ACU is like a cult.
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:47 am

I'm glad you answered my question honestly when I asked if you were an axe murderer before we met... Razz

I could be remembering wrong but I think I asked you that directly. Razz
Haha, I don't even remember you asking me! I guess it doesn't stand out, because it seems like a legit question Laughing 

The morning I left to meet a few people last summer, my dad suddenly got visibly anxious and decided to give me some last minute advice.
"If you step off the plane and they're ... militia people, you just turn around get back on the plane, okay?"

Bahaha love my dad.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:50 am

Good advice! haha Very Happy

Now I'm gonna have "hey! Ray's here!" stuck in my head from watching that video Matt. ^_^
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:51 am

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
ACU is like a cult.
If you stumbled upon campus tomorrow night, you'd think we were having an initiation ceremony.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:51 am

If anyone reads this, I would appreciate some prayer for guidance about some big decisions that I need to make. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 am

Rayofsun wrote:
Hadassah wrote:

Nooooo not Dr. There is no person on this earth that is healthy enough for his standards.  I admit I take his quizzes, simply because I'm a quiz nut hehe.
But when I watch the show, there is always a certain process I go through.

At the beginning... I'm encouraged by all these healthy cool ideas. I'm motivated. Raw raw :cheers: 

But then... I start feeling seriously indadequte. How can I be leading such a bad life? He says I'm doing this to myself!

Sooo...I get overwhelmed realizing that my life is just... All. Wrong. LOL

And so I always conclude... I'm just too flawed to be helped. So I throw my burger up in the air and say aaayooo break out the mayo!  Embarassed
Bwahahaha!!! That's exactly how I felt! So I grabbed a Snickers and got over it.

So I had some drama this morning. I was going to work and sitting at the light in the left lane. I didn't think too much of something moving in the corner of my eye because there are always spiders or lizards crawling around the outside of the car and they usually blow away.

Oh no. Not this. There was a FROG on the INSIDE OF MY WINDOW! Allow the hilarity to commence. Have you ever seen a person slam their face against a car window and just scream? Well, the person in the right lane saw it this morning and barely batted an eyelash. I literally jumped into the passenger seat, squishing my lunch and slammed up against the door. Then of course the light changes so I'm driving like the mail man with my feet barely touching the pedals so I can get out of the way. I end up pulling over into an empty bank parking lot and jumped out screaming the whole time. So the stupid frog is just hanging around on the door of my car so I get my light saber umbrella (don't judge, it worked for this purpose) and poked it. So the dumb frog jumped in the back seat! Now, I meant to clean out my car this weekend but didn't so there's no telling where he ended up. So I'm running around the car poking inside with my umbrella and I can feel eyes on me. I look over at the McDonald's drive thru and there are two guys standing by the door watching me. Laughing. Pointing.

By this time 10 minutes have passed and I know if I don't leave I'm going to be late for work. So as I'm driving to work I keep feeling something on my neck. Logic would tell me it's my hair falling out of my bun but my mind is not logical by this point so I'm imagining this frog doing cartwheels on the back of my neck. Not a very fun drive to work.

Needless to say I made it here in one piece and parked in the sun so hopefully the frog will be roasty toasty by the time I get off this afternoon.

And kudos if you finished this story. ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:32 am

If anyone reads this, I would appreciate some prayer for guidance about some big decisions that I need to make. Smile
Praying! Hug
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:30 pm

I'm thinking about 3D printers, food, and what it might be like to combine the two.
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Miles wrote:
I'm thinking about 3D printers, food, and what it might be like to combine the two.
Apparently, NASA is still working on it. The greatest news on 3D is that chocolate 3D printer is out!! Craaazzzy!!! hahah

Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Ninzae wrote:
Apparently, NASA is still working on it. The greatest news on 3D is that chocolate 3D printer is out!! Craaazzzy!!! hahah
Yum... tasty prototypes! I've been using 3D printers recently, but that one takes the cake. If you could print something out of chocolate, what kind of designs would you make?
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Blue moon tonight! Or perhaps I should say "blue" moon. But still... :bounce: 

Tonight's blue moon is a rare variety
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Blue moon tonight! Or perhaps I should say "blue" moon. But still... :bounce: 

Tonight's blue moon is a rare variety
That's really interesting! Smile
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Rayofsun wrote:
The morning I left to meet a few people last summer, my dad suddenly got visibly anxious and decided to give me some last minute advice.
"If you step off the plane and they're ... militia people, you just turn around get back on the plane, okay?"

Bahaha love my dad.
LOL. That is SO something my dad would say!!! Razz Razz Too funny.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:26 pm

LOL about the blue moon. My sister just posted a picture from her sailing race tonight:

What's on your mind? - Page 32 1175230_10201273775379093_98309963_n

I said: "Hmm, it's confused. A blue moon that's red..." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Squeakers wrote:
...Deli Drama might've come to a close. ......
Good to hear, let us know if there needs to be any more prayer but it sounds like the Lord is protecting you:)

Sure will Dandelions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next