ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+15
Saucy
MrMoe
TX_CO_Matt
Miss Spaulding
scraparcs
Strider1002
Paulie079
Dandelions in the Rain
Toro
Squeakers
rykiel
PinkSweetart
Thunder Peel
Rayofsun
wannaberocker
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

What's on your mind? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 12:36 am

On my mind:

I have had my fill of social interaction for the day. Week. Year. lol...

I even quit eating in the middle of dinner because I don't feel like hearing Oma talk.

for some reason I still kinda-sorta feel like the internet, though.

I'm not sure why I feel this way.  It may be that I'm becoming an extreme introvert who just needs left alone more.

It may be that people are just really annoying today, telling me to do things, messing up my plans, and talking about things I don't remotely care about.

Or it could be that I'm a narcissist and the reason I don't want to talk to people is that I want to think about me instead of them.

although that's not fully true.... if someone had something interesting to say I think I'd listen.
Back to top Go down
TheDutch101

TheDutch101

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 3:35 pm

How to use the multi quote feature? Razz
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Toro wrote:

Awwww Joy Joy and Store guy sitting in a tree... S. M. I. L. I. N. G.

Lol. Razz

Squeakers wrote:
Heya, hiya, hoya! Squeaks is in da house!  Cool  Evil
Hi Squeakers! ! ! Very Happy

summerfly wrote:
On my mind:

I have had my fill of social interaction for the day. Week. Year. lol...

I even quit eating in the middle of dinner because I don't feel like hearing Oma talk.

for some reason I still kinda-sorta feel like the internet, though.

I'm not sure why I feel this way.  It may be that I'm becoming an extreme introvert who just needs left alone more.

It may be that people are just really annoying today, telling me to do things, messing up my plans, and talking about things I don't remotely care about.

Or it could be that I'm a narcissist and the reason I don't want to talk to people is that I want to think about me instead of them.

although that's not fully true.... if someone had something interesting to say I think I'd listen.
Aww. I can be that way when I am feeling stressed and have too much going on. I think we all need breaks from everyone sometimes to recuperate. Hug Hug Hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:01 pm

TheDutch101 wrote:
I'm not sure, last time I tried using it on here it didn't work for me for some reason, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:02 pm

TheDutch101 wrote:

I believe all you need to do is click the 'multi-quote' button on each post that you want to quote. Then go to 'Post Reply' and each post you wanted to quote should be quoted for you in the box where you write your post down.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
TheDutch101

TheDutch101

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Heeey! Welcome.  Cool

Hi! Cool

TX_CO_Matt wrote:

I'm going go guess you're Orange Crow back on CF?

yess!

Apricity wrote:
Hi!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hey! Very Happy

Toro wrote:
Saucy wrote:
Yes he's Orange Crow Smile

And of course orange is the best color Very Happy

Orange you gonna be sad when Payton Manning fails in the playoffs or chokes in the superbowl? Razz

I. I.. Don't even superbowl.

TX_CO_Matt wrote:

The Netherlands is my third favorite national soccer team behind the U.S. and Germany. My friends and I became fans of them during the 2010 World Cup Final against Spain. Our nickname for them is "Orange Crush", several of us have jerseys.

The sad thing is that we can play good at times but we often play bad too, see Hiddink now after van Gaal is gone Very Happy But different coaches bring different styles and such.

But I still love them although we often go Doh!  when they fail again.
Orange Crush? Interesting? never heard that one.

Miss Spaulding wrote:
TheDutch101 wrote:

I believe all you need to do is click the 'multi-quote' button on each post that you want to quote. Then go to 'Post Reply' and each post you wanted to quote should be quoted for you in the box where you write your post down.

It worked, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
TheDutch101

TheDutch101

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Is there an overseas website where I can watch american football? I need to know how it all works because I never watched a game either! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Saucy

Saucy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 6:09 pm

yes I have a site that I go to when I can't watch Bronco games at home.

http://nfl-live.com/

you gotta cut through the ads and stuff, but once you do it's alright..
Back to top Go down
TheDutch101

TheDutch101

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Saucy wrote:

I need to wait until they play Razz

Hmm... I know there's somebody supporting the Texans, should I watch them first? Very Happy

I have adblock on most websites Sorry so it should be no problem.
Back to top Go down
TheDutch101

TheDutch101

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Saucy wrote:

or what's your favourite? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saucy

Saucy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Denver Broncos. They're the best team in the NFL Very Happy Of course I'm biased. Packers might be the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 7:56 pm

Nah. The Broncos are the best Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:25 pm

Im gonna laugh so hard when Peyton chokes again.

Then I shall say......... I thought they were the best. Razz

My name in and of itself shows my colors. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saucy

Saucy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:29 pm

How many Super Bowls has your precious Texans won? Will they even make the playoffs this year? Yeah...didn't think so Razz I'd take Manning over Fitzpatrick any day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Saucy wrote:
How many Super Bowls has your precious Texans won?  Will they even make the playoffs this year?  Yeah...didn't think so Razz  I'd take Manning over Fitzpatrick any day Very Happy

Yes, I hate Fitz.

BUT, you give my Texans a competent QB and a healthy Foster and you KNOW you wouldn't give the win to your precious Col.... I mean Broncos. Razz

How many Superbowls has Manning won you since he became the Savior of your Broncos? Yeah, thats what I thought. Razz

How many times has he choked? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saucy

Saucy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:08 pm

You need a full team to win the Super Bowl. You make it sound like it's an easy task and a QB can win all by themselves. He took a 3-13 Broncos team to the playoffs and then to the Superbowl in two years! But our D sucked. We had almost entirely our whole D out with injuries except for two starters. Our O-line was banged up as well.

So it's not about always chocking. Why does the QB always get the blame? Manning had a good game yard-wise....even breaking a SB record. Now we finally have a good defense, running game and better O-line. So we'll see how it plays out.

The only time you say a QB chocked is if it's Manning, so I know you have a bias against him. When New York beat the Patriots twice, who says Brady chocked? No one.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:37 pm

But Peyton is the G.O.A.T. as people claim.

You want to pin the success of the team on him.

"He took a 3-13 team to the playoffs and to the Superbowl in two years".

So why not its failures?

He IS a great QB, my entire problem with him and his groupies (a HUGE majority of them anyway) refuse to even acknowledge that he might NOT be the G.O.A.T.

I dislike the guy and I can still acknowledge he has honors and a right to be in the conversation of "Some of the best QBs in the league" but I have seen nothing from the man that says G.O.A.T.

Unless of course you want to claim that the only thing that qualifies one to be G.O.A.T. is the ability to read a D. He IS probably the best every to read a D, but that alone is not enough. Superbowl rings to NOT mean G.O.A.T. either, but I would think the greatest ever would be able to amass more rings than his simple one as many times as he has been or as close as he has been.... IF he were the goat.

On his own, I have no issue with the man. Where I have a problem with him is the media/fan swarm that he is the second coming of Christ only in football form.

If Brady, Rogers...... *insert name here* were paraded around as "The great one, the football god." Then yes, I would EQUALLY want to see them fail. Because he is NOT a god among men. He is but a man.

My dislike of Manning, is based solely on the image that he is like some football deity the media sells.

Manning has been to numerous playoffs, probably 5 or 6 superbowls? His only ring, his opposing QB was Rex Grossman.

He is an AWESOME regular season QB, I give him that. But he has yet to show that a truly competent team will more than not, beat the team that "He carried" to the superbowl. When he drops the team and comes up short. HE gets the blame because HE gets the credit for their success. You can't have one without the other.

If the rumors are true, he felt the best way to get to the SB fastest was through Houston. Wink

If our QB hadn't self destructed last season and we had a competent QB this season. You KNOW we would be in it. So while my team isn't in it..... I can still speak out on Peyton Almighty. Razz
Back to top Go down
Saucy

Saucy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:01 pm

No he's only been to 3 SBs and won one. He's never had a team with an amazing defense to help out. If you have a 3-13 team and take them to the Superbowl without many adds, then yes, you are an amazing QB to be able to do that.

G.O.A.T.? He has all the records (if not all, he will have them all by the time he's finished). So all the records, a S.B. and many MVPs, I think you can call him at least in the same discussion as GOAT.

But you'd include other greats who don't have a ring. Marino is in that convo and he doesn't have a ring. Terry Bradshaw has what, 4 or 5 rings? But he's not even in the discussion. I don't think rings is the tell-all of greatness.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:54 pm

I didnt say rings were the sign of greatness necessarily. BUT it is part of it.

He didn't look impressive in ANY of his SB showings, but fine. I concede to that fact of 3. BUT he was in the playoffs for a great deal of his career.... so my point of him not having what it takes post season stands.

Rings are not the ONLY sign, but they ARE valid because it brings into the equation how many times has the QB seen post season/SB showings. IF the team they are on is good enough to make it to the playoffs. They should in theory be just as relevant a chance to win as their counter part. Correct?

Now say, an amazing QB has a terrible team all around him his entire career and he is never even able to see a post season game.... it does not go against him as bad as a QB that regularly saw the post season.  

I mean, Peyton faced, us in our horrible years, the Titans and Jaguars to win the division. He had practically a GIMME playoff appearance EVERY season. Where all he would have to do is beat two teams after that gimme to see the SB.

Yet he only saw it 3 times (2 considering one came with the Broncos)? The team around him was good enough to get him wins during the season but not after? I don't buy it. Yes, post season is harder... but, the QBs for other teams don't have it perfect either. The BEST rise to the top especially WHEN it gets harder.

I would think a QB that had seen that much post season would be able to rally his troops that got him the wins regular season and mixed with his own natural God given talent of being the greatest.... could push through those couple more games and see the SB more than 2 (3) times. I mean he would be the greatest of all time right? None have ever, nor ever could be greater than Manning is what "Greatest of ALL Time" is... its all encompassing. Past, present and future.

His teams fail more often than not when there is a competent QB opposing him and it is a BIG game.

For Manning to be the Pinnacle of QBs in the NFL..... I just don't see it. Unless he shows me something other wise, my opinion of him being the G.O.A.T. will not change. He is great, just not THE greatest of all time.

IMO, Peyton is a poster child for what dedication can do for someone. Talent wise, I think Peyton is good. His dedication to the sport, learning defenses... etc. THAT is what makes him great. I don't believe his "greatness" can't be duplicated.

When my Texans face Manning, I just don't have "the fear" that we are facing the greatest ever.... its just not there. Yes, I know that he can beat us any given Sunday, but..... we just as much say that we can beat him any given Sunday.. (Except in Indy, but we can never beat Any Colts team in Indy so Him being part of those wins is a non factor.)
Back to top Go down
Saucy

Saucy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:21 pm

I understand your points. I really do. I also think if you have a great QB and offensive pieces around him, you rarely have the talent to have a complete team. Manning never had a great defense to back-up his offense and on his very own, made the playoffs every season and to 3 Superbowls, winning one.

You also have to question: is the QB mediocre, but has the talent around him to make him look good? Or is the talent around him made better by the QB who is elite?

They say defense wins championships. As we saw last season, you can have the best offense in the history of the league, but still lose the Superbowl if you do not have any kind of defense. The Seahawks took advantage of our banged up O-line and lack of defense to score 43 on us and keep Manning down.

Back to top Go down
scraparcs

scraparcs

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 1:24 am

I'm just going to post again, not that I much care one way or the other about the Broncos or the Texans really. Razz
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 3:20 am

Saucy wrote:
I understand your points. I really do.  I also think if you have a great QB and offensive pieces around him, you rarely have the talent to have a complete team.  Manning never had a great defense to back-up his offense and on his very own, made the playoffs every season and to 3 Superbowls, winning one.  

You also have to question: is the QB mediocre, but has the talent around him to make him look good?  Or is the talent around him made better by the QB who is elite?

They say defense wins championships.  As we saw last season, you can have the best offense in the history of the league, but still lose the Superbowl if you do not have any kind of defense. The Seahawks took advantage of our banged up O-line and lack of defense to score 43 on us and keep Manning down.

Well, the BEST D I have probably EVER seen were the Bears in the SB that played the Colts (His one win) they had an inept QB in Grossman. They lost. If the Colts D was good enough to hold back the NFC champs and all comers up til the point of the SB (In that or any season), I just don't buy the "He hasn't had the team" "Defense" "supporting Offense" etc. (They only beat the Bears IMO because Rex didnt stay on the field long enough)

An NFL team is rarely IF ever ideal. All teams are missing at least ONE aspect on the field.

I could be the "greatest QB of all time" under perfectly ideal circumstances. Heck, Fitzpatrick could be too. But the NFL is not ideal. You take what you have.

When you have to have ideal circumstances at every level to win. That doesnt make him the greatest. IMO. It's about playing to your strengths and using what you have to minimize your weaknesses.

I understand you standing up for your team and all, I respect that.

As I said, I have nothing against Peyton Manning, the man (Or the Broncos in general, unless we are playing them). I DO have a huge problem with Peyton Manning the media icon and unless he lives up to the media hype, something that just "wow"s me. I just don't see my mind changing.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 6:05 am

It's nice to listen to music. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Saucy

Saucy

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 11:54 am

Hi Dandy! Very Happy

@Toro, I guess I don't understand those who say Manning is a choker. He has beaten great teams, in cold weather and big, high-profile games. He does have a ring (as many as Aaron Rodgers and no one calls him a choker when the Packers lose deep in the playoffs). He's won the big AFC championship games. He has good numbers in those games
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 3:49 pm

I don't know if I've ever heard Peyton Manning called the greatest of all time, but I think he's at least fairly in the discussion. I've heard some say it's Joe Montana and others say it's Dan Marino. I would argue that Peyton Manning might be the greatest regular season quarterback of all-time. After all, by the time he's retired, he'll have usurped most of Favre's career records. He has had his share of trouble in the playoffs, though, largely at the hands of Tom Brady and the Patriots. I'd like to think, though, that if Rodgers could get himself three or four more Super Bowl wins, perhaps he'll be in that greatest of all time discussion as well. He's no doubt at least the best all-time at protecting the football thus far in his career.

I watch Monday Night Football with some guys from church most weeks during football season, and I actually had a conversation with a couple of them about Peyton Manning this week. They were talking about how teams like the Packers have such a rich history and that's why there's such strong devotion to the team across the country. But for a team like the Colts, they don't have as much history in their franchise as an Indiana team because they were in Baltimore before, and really Peyton Manning is the one major franchise figure they have. Football fans in Indiana and devoted football fans outside of the state will remember guys like Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison too, but everyone will remember Peyton Manning. He singlehandedly transformed Indiana from a basketball state into a football state like so many others. He made the Colts a relevant team in the NFL and made football relevant in Indiana for over a decade. So I have to give him huge props for that. I'm not sure the Colts made the right decision by letting him go as they would've been able to draft Andrew Luck either way, but the Broncos are definitely benefiting from it right now.

Last edited by Paulie079 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next