A Place for Fellowship and Fun
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What's on your mind?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Paulie079
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 527
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 28
Location : Indiana

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:18 pm

^Heaven forbid you actually use your degree Razz I sometimes lament that I'm not really using mine.

I hope you get the job!
Back to top Go down
Toro

avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 38
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
I need corrective lenses because I played Game Boy too much as a kid. True story.

Also, someone may be interested in me for a video editing job, which is -gasp!- what I went to school for! Prayers would be appreciated Smile

Prayers done RJ.

I didnt even finish my degree so, least you finished it. Razz


I need to stop starving myself..... waiting til I am hungry hungry to cook.... or should I say heat something up..... *sigh* when will I learn?
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel

avatar

Posts : 146
Join date : 2013-08-09
Age : 32
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:17 pm

Someone moved my cheese and I'm cool with it.
Back to top Go down
http://lunarboulevard.blogspot.com/
Strider1002

avatar

Posts : 2048
Join date : 2013-06-30
Age : 36
Location : Penn's Woods

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Paulie079 wrote:

I hope you get the job!

Toro wrote:

Prayers done RJ.

Thanks, guys!

Thunder Peel wrote:
Someone moved my cheese and I'm cool with it.

Well, you're a more tolerant man than I.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Squeakers

avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2013-07-09
Location : Way in the back, off to the left

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:20 pm

So...there's this guy at work that asked me out on a date before...and I rejected him.

Well...his feelings haven't changed and he playfully asked me when we were going out on a date. I didn't answer immediately, but he quickly said to think about it and that he'd like an answer by the end of the week.

Honestly...I give the guy some credit. He's got some balls to ask me again, even though I said no the first time....and it's not like I don't like him. He seems like a nice guy. I guess now I'm just trying to figure out why I wouldn't go out with him....
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 527
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 28
Location : Indiana

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Squeakers wrote:
So...there's this guy at work that asked me out on a date before...and I rejected him.

Well...his feelings haven't changed and he playfully asked me when we were going out on a date. I didn't answer immediately, but he quickly said to think about it and that he'd like an answer by the end of the week.

Honestly...I give the guy some credit. He's got some balls to ask me again, even though I said no the first time....and it's not like I don't like him. He seems like a nice guy. I guess now I'm just trying to figure out why I wouldn't go out with him....

What was your reason for saying no the first time?
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2013-07-09
Location : Way in the back, off to the left

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
What was your reason for saying no the first time?

I kind of wonder if it was fear. I had only worked with the guy a few times before he asked the first time, so he was a complete stranger to me. Now that I've worked with him a bit more, he does seem like an ok guy.

Possibly another reason is because he's a bit older than me. Haven't had much experience with older guys, especially since most of the time I'm being hit on by younger ones.  Doh! 
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 527
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 28
Location : Indiana

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:43 pm

Squeakers wrote:
Paulie079 wrote:
What was your reason for saying no the first time?

I kind of wonder if it was fear. I had only worked with the guy a few times before he asked the first time, so he was a complete stranger to me. Now that I've worked with him a bit more, he does seem like an ok guy.

Possibly another reason is because he's a bit older than me. Haven't had much experience with older guys, especially since most of the time I'm being hit on by younger ones.  Doh! 

Ohh ok, that's definitely understandable if you didn't know him that well before. If he treats you well and everything, it may be worth a shot Smile To take some of the pressure off, you could even tell him that you will go on one date with him, and see how things go from there. It could be fun though, especially if you feel like you might possibly feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2013-07-09
Location : Way in the back, off to the left

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
Ohh ok, that's definitely understandable if you didn't know him that well before. If he treats you well and everything, it may be worth a shot Smile To take some of the pressure off, you could even tell him that you will go on one date with him, and see how things go from there. It could be fun though, especially if you feel like you might possibly feel the same way.

Daha...yeah....

Well...I've got til the end of this week to think it over some. Smile
Back to top Go down
Toro

avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 38
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:55 pm

Squeakers wrote:

Daha...yeah....

Well...I've got til the end of this week to think it over some. Smile

Tell him he has to be approved by the Toro first.

 Suspect  Standing on the porch with a shotgun in one hand and a sharp sword in the other.

"What are yur intenshunz with muh Squeaky? Boy!" Suspect
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

avatar

Posts : 2048
Join date : 2013-06-30
Age : 36
Location : Penn's Woods

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:18 pm

My job just feels like the most pointless job ever. I wish I never had to go back.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Rayofsun

avatar

Posts : 232
Join date : 2013-07-09
Age : 103
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Toro wrote:
Squeakers wrote:

Daha...yeah....

Well...I've got til the end of this week to think it over some. Smile

Tell him he has to be approved by the Toro first.

 Suspect  Standing on the porch with a shotgun in one hand and a sharp sword in the other.

"What are yur intenshunz with muh Squeaky? Boy!" Suspect

I feel like you would do the greatest "Intimidating meet the dad" routine ever! You were made for this role Very Happy

Strider1002 wrote:
My job just feels like the most pointless job ever. I wish I never had to go back.

I'm sorry Strider. It sounds very disheartening.
Is there any way that this time, things could be different or change for the better?
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2013-07-09
Location : Way in the back, off to the left

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Toro wrote:
Tell him he has to be approved by the Toro first.

 Suspect  Standing on the porch with a shotgun in one hand and a sharp sword in the other.

"What are yur intenshunz with muh Squeaky? Boy!" Suspect

Daha! Sorry to burst your bubble, Bully, but I answered him...and I went with my gut on this one. I rejected him.

I felt so bad doing so, especially since this is the second time I've done so....  Sigh 


Strider1002 wrote:
My job just feels like the most pointless job ever. I wish I never had to go back.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that, RJ.... Hug
Back to top Go down
Toro

avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 38
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 pm

Rayofsun wrote:


I feel like you would do the greatest "Intimidating meet the dad" routine ever! You were made for this role Very Happy

Like in bad boys 2 the dating scene.......  Sorry Thats gonna be me and my friend when his daughter is old enough to date.  Very Happy

Squeakers wrote:


Daha! Sorry to burst your bubble, Bully, but I answered him...and I went with my gut on this one. I rejected him.

I felt so bad doing so, especially since this is the second time I've done so.... Sigh

Awww its okay.... just keep that info in mind for the next one that asks you. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

avatar

Posts : 2048
Join date : 2013-06-30
Age : 36
Location : Penn's Woods

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Rayofsun wrote:

I'm sorry Strider. It sounds very disheartening.
Is there any way that this time, things could be different or change for the better?

Maybe. I want to use the skills and talents God gave me, and right now I'm not. I need a good job, and with God's help, I'm sure I can get one. Just depends on where He wants me to be.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Jess9450
Admin
avatar

Posts : 499
Join date : 2013-06-30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:22 am

Such a busy month already! I've been supplying nearly every day for the last two weeks, which is awesome since as of right now I don't have any kind of summer job lined up  Sad 
Back to top Go down
http://cconnect.forumotion.com
wannaberocker

avatar

Posts : 757
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 32
Location : DE

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:24 pm

summer is here and my AC is broke Sad
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
avatar

Posts : 499
Join date : 2013-06-30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:51 am

Got a summer job yesterday on the spot! It's just part-time, but the hours are scheduled so I could take an evening and weekend job if I want. I'll be working with preschoolers at a summer camp for a few weeks. So excited Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cconnect.forumotion.com
Apricity
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 490
Join date : 2013-07-29

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:28 pm

That's wonderful Jess! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
PinkSweetart

avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-07-06
Location : TX

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:07 pm

It's SOOOOO hot at work. I'm so stressed. Summer school sucks. lol
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

avatar

Posts : 1495
Join date : 2013-07-11
Location : in a field of yellow flowers, underneath the sun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:34 pm

I should probably clean the house today. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Jess9450
Admin
avatar

Posts : 499
Join date : 2013-06-30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:17 pm

OMG Almost a month since I've been on here!!

Last month I was super busy with work, though that has slowed down considerably since it is the summer holidays. My younger cousin from France and her friend came to stay with my parents for the past 2 and a half weeks so I was doing stuff with them pretty much every day. Now that they're back home, it feels so weird to have all this free time!

I have a small, mini job in the next couple of weeks, but other than that, no plans!
Back to top Go down
http://cconnect.forumotion.com
Thunder Peel

avatar

Posts : 146
Join date : 2013-08-09
Age : 32
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Kind of bored. We're moving from Texas to Missouri in a few weeks, which is awesome, but until my job begins there I have a few weeks of waiting in-between. My male hormones demand to be doing productive during that time.

Oh well, back to video games.
Back to top Go down
http://lunarboulevard.blogspot.com/
Rayofsun

avatar

Posts : 232
Join date : 2013-07-09
Age : 103
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:19 pm

LOL finishing a video game could be deemed productive by some.
I hope you were/are able to enjoy the downtime in between though!

Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

avatar

Posts : 1495
Join date : 2013-07-11
Location : in a field of yellow flowers, underneath the sun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:27 pm

Rayofsun wrote:
LOL finishing a video game could be deemed productive by some.
I hope you were/are able to enjoy the downtime in between though!


A friend thought it was odd when I was informing him of all the video game's I had on my list of goals. I just told my sister today to make a list of all the video games she wants to finish and to get started on them.
She started making a list. ^_^

I have a tendency to forget to play my games. I have also learned the importance of balance in life.. or keep learning it. So can't have all work and no play. Can't have all play and no work. Gotta balance things in life to stay sane. If I don't have goals to do things including playing games.. then I will end up doing nothing "productive" or enjoyable.

Too much of something is bad though. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   

Back to top Go down
 
What's on your mind?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» "I Don't Mind Spending Every Day...Out On the Corner in the Pouring Rain..."
» First Person That Comes To Your Mind When You Hear A Love SONG!
» {RP}State Of Mind
» Warped Mind Games, LLC is on Facebook!
» Challenges and Mind scarabs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: General Discussion-
Jump to: