ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+15
Saucy
MrMoe
TX_CO_Matt
Miss Spaulding
scraparcs
Strider1002
Paulie079
Dandelions in the Rain
Toro
Squeakers
rykiel
PinkSweetart
Thunder Peel
Rayofsun
wannaberocker
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

What's on your mind? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 4:20 pm

I guess it's good I'm on an indefinite break from CF still. Razz

Paulie.. sometimes people do need to be informed they are morons. That's what I think. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 4:37 pm

I made this post on CF, but the thread got deleted shortly afterwards, so I don't know who saw it. I might make the same post again, though, if more arguments flare up due to Nanopants' foolishness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Saucy and anyone else who is tempted to respond to Nanopants out of anger or frustration, please just let it go.

"Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him." - Proverbs 26:4

We've had threads derailed and closed because many of us have clearly observed the folly of Nanopants' words as he continues to rail on about a situation that he knows nothing about. It's not worth perpetuating an argument with someone who clearly lacks the willingness to understand. We would be fools to continue on this trend. Let Nanopants say what he will about you. You don't have to go far on the internet to find people who are simply wrong, and you have to be okay with that. You are never going to muscle someone into seeing things from a more accurate perspective. That has to be a choice they come to on their own apart from any argument. If you don't make an effort to do that, we're only going to have more conflict and disruption, and more threads will continue to be closed. CF has been a very toxic place over the last 36 hours, and we all need to take a step back, cool down, and move on. You can't make that decision for anyone else but yourself. We all play a part in shaping the atmosphere of this place, and the more of us that don't get bogged down with silly, fruitless arguments, the better.

"Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." - 2 Timothy 2:23-24
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:14 am

Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 11:14 am

Good post, Paulie. Not the blank one, the one before it Razz

OMM: I think willpower often gets overlooked, in regards to believing or trusting God. Sometimes it'll be harder to believe that everything's going to be okay. In those times, I think it's even more important for us to believe, and to do so willfully. If we only trust God when it's easy to do so... can we really say we trust Him?
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 4:49 pm

FYI for everyone: I did some research on the person who made the threatening videos that Strav posted on CF on Monday. It was not Strav who made those videos, so that's one thing to make clear. I actually pulled a bit of a Strav myself and used Google to find out some useful information about the guy who made the videos, although I still don't know anything about his history on CF besides the fact that he had an account under the username Mezdost. I did find out what his hometown is, though. Also he posted a youtube video of his car that plainly shows his license plate. Since I was able to get his license plate number, I submitted an online tip to the Crime Stoppers division of his hometown. They process tips that they receive and pass them on to be investigated by police if deemed necessary. It's out of our hands now, but just know that something has been done.

I would appreciate it if you would not discuss this at all on CF or with anyone who is not a member of this site. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Stuff like that is serious. Thanks for going through the effort to find all that information and do that Paulie. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 12:08 am

Paulie079 wrote:
FYI for everyone: I did some research on the person who made the threatening videos that Strav posted on CF on Monday. It was not Strav who made those videos, so that's one thing to make clear. I actually pulled a bit of a Strav myself and used Google to find out some useful information about the guy who made the videos, although I still don't know anything about his history on CF besides the fact that he had an account under the username Mezdost. I did find out what his hometown is, though. Also he posted a youtube video of his car that plainly shows his license plate. Since I was able to get his license plate number, I submitted an online tip to the Crime Stoppers division of his hometown. They process tips that they receive and pass them on to be investigated by police if deemed necessary. It's out of our hands now, but just know that something has been done.

Sounds good. I looked at his other videos too. Not impressed.
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 11:10 am

Apricity wrote:
Stuff like that is serious. Thanks for going through the effort to find all that information and do that Paulie. Smile 

As Apricity said, it is quite serious to make threats like that. I think it's more serious than the creator realizes. So, thanks for going through all that work Paul.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Finally done for the semester! Ahem 
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Apricity wrote:

Yay!!!  High Five Party 
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
Apricity wrote:

Yay!!!  High Five Party 

Hug Yahoo 
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:16 pm

^ Yay! Congrats, Joy! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm starting to think less like "God, how can I get out of this difficult situation?" and more like "how can I make sure this difficult situation helps me become the man you want me to be?"

I don't mean to boast... you guys are some of my best Christian friends and I wanted to share that.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 12:39 am

There is NOTHING that angers me more in this world than an ungrateful woman.

Mad 

Yes, I left and slammed that door hard. I deserve respect. If she wont give it, plenty of women out there who will.

I dont ask for a medal, but do NOT EVER imply that Im not good enough or I have done nothing for you. Especially when I have LITERALLY given you the shirt off my back and SOOOOOOOOOO many other things. Like going without so you dont have to.

What's on your mind? - Page 2 Anger-management
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 12:08 am

Toro wrote:
There is NOTHING that angers me more in this world than an ungrateful woman.

Mad 

Yes, I left and slammed that door hard. I deserve respect. If she wont give it, plenty of women out there who will.

I dont ask for a medal, but do NOT EVER imply that Im not good enough or I have done nothing for you. Especially when I have LITERALLY given you the shirt off my back and SOOOOOOOOOO many other things. Like going without so you dont have to.

What's on your mind? - Page 2 Anger-management

Man, I'm sorry she's not being kind or grateful for things you've done for her. It does suck to be treated like that for sure. I know it's been a day since you posted that so it could be that you've cooled down a lot already, but I would encourage you to take a step back and just remember a couple of things...

For one thing, if she has kids (I thought I remembered that maybe she did?), it's really not a good thing for them to be seeing you slamming doors. Also, it's just not a good thing to do anyways. I know it was in the heat of the moment, but slamming doors is how it starts, and it can very easily become throwing or hitting something the next time, you know? It's totally understandable that you are angry, but you just have to try not to get physical about it when that anger boils up.

The other thing is that it really only takes one person to break this cycle. When fights happen, she's going to say things that she'll wish she could take back. People just tend to say things that they know will really dig into the other person. Relationships are all about laying yourself down for the other person and not expecting anything in return, but I know that it does make you feel like trash when someone seems to take all that you've done for them and chew it up and spit it out in your face. My encouragement to you would be to get to a place where you're no longer fuming about this and you can talk about it in chill conversation. I would first apologize for slamming the door (and anything else you might have done out of anger), and then let her know how you felt when she said that. I would also be cautious about not letting another argument flare up. If she's still wanting to fight, then maybe it's not time to have a conversation yet. But hopefully you can both sit down and talk about it, exchange apologies, and grow a little bit closer.

I really think conflict is a healthy thing in a relationship to a point, but only if you're good at resolving it, and only if you're good at fighting well (aka arguing without throwing out insults). Sorry you've had to deal with this frustration, but I hope you two are able to work things out.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 3:09 am

If you are saying "thats where it starts" there is a huge difference between slamming a door to make a statement and "punching things".

Especially if that is implying it leads to hitting women. I havn't hit a woman/girl since I was a child and learned it was something boys/men don't do. Im sure as heck not going to start now, no matter how many doors I slam in life.

Her sons always slam doors, in anger and while they are "being boys" and just being rowdy. So it is neither new, nor is it something I taught them. They know it simply means "do not follow me, leave me be."

But yes, we have made up.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 11:30 pm

Toro wrote:
But yes, we have made up.

Nevermind, that was very short lived.  

Toro is now single, but I guess I have my answer on why she came back into my life. Closure.

The Lord is great at giving us what we need.... but, God, sometimes it hurts like hell. My heart wishes I had said nothing about her drinking problem, but I know saying nothing would be worse.

When the dust settles.... all the loose ends of my past will be tied I suppose. I thank you Lord, even though it can only be half heartedly meant.

I will find my peace again.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:25 am

Sorry to hear about that, Toro. You did the right thing by confronting her about the drinking problem, though. That really was putting her before yourself. Unfortunately oftentimes the depth that a person can go in a relationship is directly proportional to how healthy they are as a person.

I'll be praying for you, friend.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:25 am

Toro, I'm so sorry to hear that Sad I'll keep you in my prayers

OMM - Last weekend before I move into my apartment, and I'm super excited!! I have sooo much stuff left to pack though and not so much room for it all, so I'll probably spend a few hours going through my boxes and seeing what I should take and what I can give away.
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 2:17 pm

This is going to be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 4:24 pm

I have been working on getting the gardens ready to plant. My younger brother was helping rototill the gardens today, so hopefully I'll be able to start planting things in the garden this week when we get that finished. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 5:48 pm

What are you planning on planting? Smile
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Hiya, Guys! Sorry I haven't posted on here as often as I'd like...been busy and honestly forgot about this place. >.>

@ Toro: I'm so sorry things didn't work out with you and lady bull. Sad ... Hug

OMM; hoping to get full-time at my store...I've mentioned it twice to the higher-ups and now there's a fellow who's about to quit my department. Kinda hate to lose the guy (he's kind of a good friend of mine), but at the same time I reeeeally hope they give me the full-time since he's leaving.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:45 pm

Ahhh, I love the simple things in life. Slippers with warm fuzzy goodness in them, peace and quiet..... now to work on another of lifes simple pleasures.... a full belly without being a glutton. Very Happy

Thank you Squeaky and Jess, I will be fine. Smile

Also, I think my new smart phone is making my eyes worse. Now its blurry when I put on my reading glasses to sit at the computer...... my poor poor poor old eyes.... *sigh* I think I should have someone lazer my eyeballs and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 6:16 pm

I need corrective lenses because I played Game Boy too much as a kid. True story.

Also, someone may be interested in me for a video editing job, which is -gasp!- what I went to school for! Prayers would be appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next