ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+19
PinkSweetart
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
mina
Ninzae
Ethnog
TX_CO_Matt
Paulie079
Hadassah
Toro
Spunkn
OneHappyCookie
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
wannaberocker
Apricity
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

What's on your mind? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 7:21 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
I saw a headline that said "Prince pronounced dead after skiing accident." And I was like, "Oh no!"

But then I realized it was just some actual prince.
just some important person in another country, no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Spunkn wrote:
Been agonizing over what decision to make, and made a very late one at that.  I've decided to try and go to Moody Bible in Spokane for the fall semester.  I'll have to leave probably next Monday.  This is gonna be pretty crazy.  
Wow, this is so exciting! Congrats!! Good Job

OMM, I really want a new banner for this place. Something stylish and matching with the rest of the forum...

hmmmm *looking around now*
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Why does Netflix never have anything good to watch?
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Moar Deli Dramas!

Friday: Closing shift. I was working with Subtle Sociopath and Player. The night wasn't too bad, although it started out with Player taking his break an hour early (he claims he didn't realize it was only 6:30pm...I said 'you having trouble telling time?' Boy, did he shoot me a death glare!). Thankfully SS was there...he's been there the longest and was kinda the 'senior' to Player and I, so I was really relieved to have him there to direct things...or else I'd have had to follow Player (remember when he almost got me in trouble? Ha...I don't want that happening again...).

Saturday: 9-5:30 shift. I don't remember a lot that happened this day...expect for the fact that there was no Player to bother us. I do remember I was working with Miss Pattycake, Crochet Lady, Pooh Bear, SS, and Ducky. It was a nice day overall...erm...except for the fact that I was sick...had a cold and felt ready to go home by lunchtime, but I decided to stay.

Sunday: 11-7:30 shift. Last night I remember VERY clearly...because I seriously thought I was going to kill someone last night. That someone is probably one you can figure out.
The day itself was fantastic. I had fun with a fun crew (Bubblegum, Black Knight, SS, Manager, Ducky, T-man (a new worker who was hired a little before Ducky) and Miss Pattycake). During the day was a blast! We were joking and laughing and just having all kinds of fun as we were working.
Then 2:30pm rolled around...when Player and Mayhem came in. Now I will point out...Mayhem is NOT the problem. She's actually a nice girl when she wants to be...otherwise, she just keeps to herself (she used to be a sweet girl, but since dating/getting engaged to Player, she's become standoffish).
The first thing Player and Mayhem start doing is filling deli case. We all know they hate doing counter (filling customer's orders), but then Player had to start complaining that the deli case was empty. Manager snapped at him that not only did SS fill the case *3* times during the day, but we were being slammed something fierce (no surprise on a Sunday...it's the first day of new sales).
So now Player gets all grouchy...and nothing good comes of him being grouchy. He was actually ignoring the Manager until she snapped at him again to get on counter. He flips out...and when I mean 'flips out', I mean he actually throws down a case of cheese in protest. Can you believe that?! He threw food on the floor! Granted, it was still in boxes and wrapped in plastic...but still! That's food we're going to slice up for the people!
Ugh...great...he's gonna be a handful the rest of my shift....
Fast forward a while...all the day people have left and I am there with Player, Mayhem, and Greenman. I'm cleaning slicers while the others are working counter. Poor Mayhem became sick after eating her lunch and was now running to the bathroom almost every 10-15 minutes. I get done slicers and start sweeping the floor (the job of someone cleaning the slicers is to of course clean slicers, sweep the floor, and take out trash).
I was about half done the floor when Player snaps at me to get on counter. Now one of the first things we're told is that if there are too many customers at counter, we need to hold off our task and help them out. Well, I did keep my eye on counter and figured the 3 of them were ok with customers, but for some reason Player snapped for me to get on counter. I started to tell him that I needed to finish the floor, but he snaps again that 'the floor can wait...it'll just get dirty again anyway'.
Grrr...fine...I'll get on counter. So I'm washing my hands at the sink when one of our regulars comes near the counter. She suddenly asks Player what's wrong (I assume he looked ticked). He kinda mumbles something and she asks again. You know what he says next?
"Yeah, well...being around stupid people."
Customer: "Customers? ...or co-workers?"
Player: "Stupid co-workers."
AND he said it loud enough for all of us in the deli to hear....
Greenman shot me a look like 'whatever...don't listen to him', but I took it to heart. I know I shouldn't have, but 1- he said that to a customer and 2- HE'S calling US stupid for what reason?! We've been busting our arses all day long and he thinks he's got the right to call us stupid?! Oh I don't think so. :evil: 
RAWR...fine...whatever...I try to keep cool and go about helping a couple of customers when I suddenly notice Player gets OFF counter and started filling the deli case again! Now I'm about ready to blow a gasket. He told ME to get on counter so HE could get off?! And I wasn't even done my job?!?!
Oh, man...I was SO angry that I could feel my face turn red and I was starting to shake. Greenman saw it and said I should just ignore it and chill, but no...I was seriously ready to blow up. After another customer was done, I marched over to Player and said I needed to get the floor done. He replies back with something like 'I need to finish the deli case and get night stuff done'.
At 6:30pm?!?! You've got until ELEVEN.
You know what? Fine...I'll play your game.
I kept up counter until the wave of customers died down, then I calmly took up the broom again and had to re-sweep all of the floor I did before, plus what I didn't get done. I'm still boiling mad, but I'm keeping my cool as best I can. Greenman can feel the heat and so could Player (surprisingly), but I just ignore Player as much as I can and still converse/work with Greenman like there's nothing wrong.
The rest of my shift was pretty much like that; ignoring Player as best I could. Maybe after feeling the killer aura for a while, he suddenly wanted to play buddy-buddy, saying that I was mean to him and that I didn't need to holler at him.
1- I wasn't mean...I was trying to do my job.
2- I never once hollered at him. I very calmly tried to reason with him, but he blew me off.
Whatever...the last thing I need to do is make some sandwich spread and then I'm outta there. I tell Greenman I'm making the stuff and go into the back (right behind the deli in the produce area) with the sandwich spread ingredients and start mixing it. We mix the meat and stuff by hand (with gloves on, of course) and can get pretty messy. At one point, Player comes into the back and suddenly comes up behind me and starts rolling up my sleeves.
"You're gonna get stuff on your sleeves if your sleeves aren't rolled up."
Now I've got the heebie-jeebies...this jerk is now touching me and trying to be nice-nice after snapping and pissing me off. That was, like, icing on the cake...I was done for. I just wanted to go home....

I couldn't get outta there fast enough...seriously.

Another chapter of 'Deli Drama' coming up...tomorrow night, actually. Got a closing shift...dunno who I might be with. >.>

Last edited by Squeakers on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Creepy, Squeaks.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:06 pm

I finally took a long nap and then during that time I got a phone call. I thought I knew who the person was but I guess not. They knew me and now I can't remember what the conversation was about. I fell right back asleep after that. When I woke up I thought it was a dream I had but when I looked at my phone there was the number.

I wonder who it was and what they wanted. I wonder what I said, lol.
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Hadassah wrote:
So I was online today and realised...Thing 1 is going to college next year! Yikes! So I'm already looking at stuff for him to take to his dorm room. I figure if I buy a little here and a little there I won't be so overwhelmed next spring. Smile
Buy a surge protector/power strip for him!!! Seriously my dorm had like only three outlets so they were a life saver. Also, coordinate with his roommate if he's going to have one. Having two sets of microwaves/mini fridges, isn't really efficient lol.

On my mind: Thinking of going back to my natural hair color. Just need the funds, or the know-how to do it myself. :O

Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:24 pm

PinkSweetart wrote:
Hadassah wrote:
So I was online today and realised...Thing 1 is going to college next year! Yikes! So I'm already looking at stuff for him to take to his dorm room. I figure if I buy a little here and a little there I won't be so overwhelmed next spring. Smile
Buy a surge protector/power strip for him!!! Seriously my dorm had like only three outlets so they were a life saver. Also, coordinate with his roommate if he's going to have one. Having two sets of microwaves/mini fridges, isn't really efficient lol.
Good idea! I'll definitely add those to my list. I looked at the college he's looking at and one of the dorms is REALLY nice. He'd need a roommate but still...it's VERY nice. Clean, well managed and right in the middle of campus.

I am worried because he seems directionless right now but I'm just praying God opens his mind and shows him what he needs to do, whether it's college, military, both...whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:34 pm

I finally got my oil changed today. Always glad when that annoying stop is over.
Back to top Go down
http://lunarboulevard.blogspot.com/
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:40 pm

Hadassah wrote:
PinkSweetart wrote:
Hadassah wrote:
Good idea! I'll definitely add those to my list. I looked at the college he's looking at and one of the dorms is REALLY nice. He'd need a roommate but still...it's VERY nice. Clean, well managed and right in the middle of campus.

I am worried because he seems directionless right now but I'm just praying God opens his mind and shows him what he needs to do, whether it's college, military, both...whatnot.
I'm praying God gives him some direction. Smile It's hard growing up all of a sudden and having all these decisions thrown at you.
Some colleges have lists of things he can bring so you might want to look into that too if he decides to go. Oh, and even if the dorm seems clean, bring cleaning supplies. The last dorm I was in was icky! lol
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:03 am

Ethnog wrote:
I finally took a long nap and then during that time I got a phone call. I thought I knew who the person was but I guess not. They knew me and now I can't remember what the conversation was about. I fell right back asleep after that. When I woke up I thought it was a dream I had but when I looked at my phone there was the number.

I wonder who it was and what they wanted. I wonder what I said, lol.
So all those things you said to me, they mean nothing?

:scratch: 

:twisted: 

Razz 
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:46 am

Spunkn wrote:

So all those things you said to me, they mean nothing?

:scratch: 

:twisted: 

Razz 
Hahaha.

So you are the Armenian woman that called me.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 2:22 am

People who try to get their way by saying "I'm offended!" or "you hurt my feelings!" And how I have difficulty trusting them.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 2:54 am

Watching a movie made my headache temporarily go away... :shock: 
Maybe I should watch another... or go to bed very early...
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 4:49 am

Busy reading an article about how a Russian company is planning on opening a small hotel/commercial space station by 2016. Somehow it seems unlikely but I guess even astronauts need a getaway every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:25 am

"Upped" is not a verb. It's "increased". You don't need your medication "upped" you need it "increased". Say it with me. INCREASED. :scratch: 
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:51 am

I hate working till 8:00 Pm. Even though I don't go into work till 11:00 am today. I still feel the pressure of going to work. I much rather go in at 9:00 am and Leave at 5:30 pm and get home and relax for a few hrs.
Back to top Go down
Soldier<3

Soldier<3

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm so scared of rejection... Utter fear of it.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:45 pm

I'm trying to decide if I want pizza or a sandwich for dinner. These are the moments when life becomes unbearable.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Soldier<3 wrote:
I'm so scared of rejection... Utter fear of it.
Confront your fear. Get rejected. You'll be okay, I'm sure. You seem strong Smile

Thunder Peel wrote:
I'm trying to decide if I want pizza or a sandwich for dinner. These are the moments when life becomes unbearable.
Pizza sandwich?
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Strider1002 wrote:

Pizza sandwich?
Now that you mention it, Subway does have a pretty tasty pizza sub...
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:29 pm

Why my parents keep their house on 80 degrees I will never understand. I don't think this is worth the $5 it probably saves on the energy bill.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:48 pm

I keep mine at 81 and it's cold. We used to keep it at 79 and I froze. During the winter I try to keep it between 68-71. Smile
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:09 pm

He went with pizza and it smells sooo good.
I'm eating a slice mentally. Omnomnom

What's on your mind? - Page 24 Tumblr_mmenjjuAyM1qbih6so1_500

Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 7:32 pm

My stomache is in a knot after listening to a download of my hearing last week with the AF medical board. I don't like listening to myself and feel myself wanting to edit so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next