ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+19
PinkSweetart
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
mina
Ninzae
Ethnog
TX_CO_Matt
Paulie079
Hadassah
Toro
Spunkn
OneHappyCookie
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
wannaberocker
Apricity
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

What's on your mind? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Speaking of books. Totally just finished the 2nd book in the Baxter family series by Karen Kingsbury.
Looking forward to picking up #3 tomorrow in the library.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Watching Les Miserables for the first time. So far I'm not impressed.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Ethnog wrote:
I was at the dollar section at Target and they have so many classic books for a dollar.
So I got Anne of Green Gables. I'm excited to read it again!
Yay!!

mina wrote:
I love Anne of Green Gables; I want to go to PEI!
Me too. Someday I hope I can. ^_^

OneHappyCookie wrote:
Speaking of books. Totally just finished the 2nd book in the Baxter family series by Karen Kingsbury.
Looking forward to picking up #3 tomorrow in the library.

I read those I think. Smile I met Karen Kingsbury once. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:10 pm

I just woke up from a nap, but I accidentally slept longer than I intended. I fell asleep around 5:00 PM, so it was a four hour nap, but I do feel better at least, just hope I'm not up all night now. Very Happy 

On the subject of books, I need to get back to reading more. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Hadassah wrote:

I haven't seen it yet. It's kind of nice to hear someone say they aren't too impressed after all the hype.

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

I read those I think. :)I met Karen Kingsbury once. Very Happy

That's cool! I started reading it on vacation because everyone was telling me how good her books are. Yeah. I'm hooked.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:38 pm

OneHappyCookie wrote:
Hadassah wrote:

I haven't seen it yet. It's kind of nice to hear someone say they aren't too impressed after the hype.
There's a lack of connection to characters that I felt the audience should connect to. And I love musicals a lot but to sing every line? Not my favourite way of communicating.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:41 pm

Ethnog wrote:
I was at the dollar section at Target and they have so many classic books for a dollar.
So I got Anne of Green Gables. I'm excited to read it again!

I have that book. Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Hadassah wrote:

Yeah. It was just alright to me. Neutral I was pretty disappointed because I was so looking forward to enjoying it.

I love the original black and white classic though. It's wonderful. Though, it's not a musical.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:17 am

I don't recommend Bengay cold therapy. For the price I paired I thought it would do a better job!
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:21 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Hadassah wrote:

Yeah. It was just alright to me. Neutral I was pretty disappointed because I was so looking forward to enjoying it.

I love the original black and white classic though. It's wonderful. Though, it's not a musical.
A few years ago, I had a chance to see Les Miserables live. If you ever have the opportunity, I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:24 am

^ I saw it live in January of this year. So far, the best I've ever seen. I loved every second of it.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:15 am

Time for bed. Got church in the morning.

Nighty night. Cool 
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:22 am

Good night, Sharon.

Me too...
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:32 am

wannaberocker wrote:

I do ignore it most of the times. But, there are times when I do get annoyed by it.

Its really not out of dislike or anything for you personally on my behalf. Its simply annoyance and partially based on my world view of normality.

I understand people make jokes and say silly things. Its just iv never meet anyone like you, so you sort of don't fit that mold of normality that I hold.

It's just hard for me to sometimes believe how a grown man can continue to make the same joke for months and still find it entertaining.

But, yeah I understand my annoyance is my problem and not yours.

Well, Ive never met someone that takes life so seriously they cant understand how a grown man would like to act goofy on his free time.

Life isn't a game and it does matter, but it also should NOT be taken far to serious. Life is after all a journey, not a destination.

Taking yourself, the world and everything in it far to seriously is part of the problem with the world. Everyone is to self important and has forgotten how to laugh at themselves.

I would much rather have fun with my journey. (I get things done, this isn't a life of simply having fun ALL the time, after all. But when it is my free time, which any time I am on here it is, I choose to enjoy it.) We all face an ugly world, I choose laughter over stress. It beats allowing this world to steal my joy.

God doesnt have a mold in His creation, we ALL serve a different purpose, so we are ALL different, even IF we all have similarities. He may have created you to be "far to serious" as I would put it because THAT is a tool for you to complete the path He has planned for you. While an over active sense of humor is a tool he bestowed on me for my path, or to simply keep me sane while I walk it. (Sane enough to at least remain cognitive )

God made us ALL a little "weird", its the world that wants us to all fit in a nice, convenient little box of "normal".

I for one am claustrophobic, so I don't fit in boxes to well.

You dont ask a lung to be a kidney, nor should you expect it to be. It is as God made it, to fulfill its purpose and His will.

OneHappyCookie wrote:

OH and I got cornered by a Pentacostal who was talking to me about the Bible. He was interesting, his name is Roy. He was trying to get me to attend a Pentacostal church...seemed to think they were the only true church.  I'm guessing this guy gets rejected by people all the time because he seemed really excited that I was actually talking to him. After a while though he started getting really clingy as I continued to browse the section of the store he met me in. Saying that I wasn't rejecting him by ignoring him, that I was rejecting the one in him.

Dude, I'm just window shopping. Not allowed to talk to you and look at books at the same time?

I like to weird those people out. I think I must be on their news letter cause I don't get approached very often any more.
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:15 am

Ethnog wrote:
I don't recommend Bengay cold therapy. For the price I paired I thought it would do a better job!

My dad usually makes me wrap my joints with mustard. It's pretty odd, but it actually does work. lol
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:16 am

I'm super tired after this long baby shower. I'm so glad it's over. Now I have to make a list and get ready to pack tomorrow. BAAAAH!
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:19 am

PinkSweetart wrote:
My dad usually makes me wrap my joints with mustard. It's pretty odd, but it actually does work. lol

Suspect *walks up to Pinky's elbow with a slice of bread..... scrapes bread over her elbow.* Thanks Pinky, I needed a bit more for my sammich, I was to lazy to walk all the way to the kitchen though. Razz
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:39 am

Toro wrote:

Well, Ive never met someone that takes life so seriously they cant understand how a grown man would like to act goofy on his free time.

Life isn't a game and it does matter, but it also should NOT be taken far to serious. Life is after all a journey, not a destination.

Taking yourself, the world and everything in it far to seriously is part of the problem with the world. Everyone is to self important and has forgotten how to laugh at themselves.

I would much rather have fun with my journey. (I get things done, this isn't a life of simply having fun ALL the time, after all. But when it is my free time, which any time I am on here it is, I choose to enjoy it.) We all face an ugly world, I choose laughter over stress. It beats allowing this world to steal my joy.

God doesnt have a mold in His creation, we ALL serve a different purpose, so we are ALL different, even IF we all have similarities. He may have created you to be "far to serious" as I would put it because THAT is a tool for you to complete the path He has planned for you. While an over active sense of humor is a tool he bestowed on me for my path, or to simply keep me sane while I walk it. (Sane enough to at least remain cognitive )

God made us ALL a little "weird", its the world that wants us to all fit in a nice, convenient little box of "normal".

I for one am claustrophobic, so I don't fit in boxes to well.

You dont ask a lung to be a kidney, nor should you expect it to be. It is as God made it, to fulfill its purpose and His will.

I think the Key to what you said was that "when you are on Here". The weird thing for me is that, I don't know you in the real world. All I know about you comes from "when you are here". So in a way all I see is the goofy.

And while it is funny at times, other times it just annoys the heck out of me. Cause It never stops, its such a constant part of who you are on here.

I look at It like eating apple pie, Yes apple pie is delicious, I can eat apple pie for a full day. But, after eating it 4 or 5 times for a couple of days. I would like to eat something salty.

Am I too serious? maybe. But, even then my moods change. Yet, when you post, you moods seems to go from Goofy, very goofy or extremely goofy. As you said it could just be that when you post here you are just having fun.
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:27 am

PinkSweetart wrote:
Ethnog wrote:

The whole mustard thing just made me think of this.

What's on your mind? - Page 7 Tumblr_lssg6lsWYl1r3daxpo1_400
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:27 am

I think ill go make myself an egg n sausage breakfast.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:06 am

Oh man I ate 5 scrambled eggs all by myself lol. Good breakfast though.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Toro what wannabe is trying to say is that he really likes the side of you when you have discussion or talk about things without always having to be funny! I like that side of you too! Smile
But I also like when you have the ability to make someone laugh at just the right time! I say that's a gift! You have the strength of humor in times of need*!

Also I don't listen to you because I don't fully believe in myself when I really should. But it's hard to believe in myself when so many things keep pulling me down!
Just like for the first time someone at work told me I was a good teacher! I couldn't believe it! That because for years and years others in the school I worked for always put me down, always told me I would do things wrong, and would even make fun of me or laugh at me during meetings. I never stood up for myself. I was foolish then but when you are told the negative for a long time you don't know how to shine your light anymore and you start believing them!
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Ethnog wrote:

Also I don't listen to you because I don't fully believe in myself when I really should. But it's hard to believe in myself when so many things keep pulling me down!
Just like for the first time someone at work told me I was a good teacher! I couldn't believe it! That because for years and years others in the school I worked for always put me down, always told me I would do things wrong, and would even make fun of me or laugh at me during meetings. I never stood up for myself. I was foolish then but when you are told the negative for a long time you don't know how to shine your light anymore and you start believing them!

it is indeed tough to believe in yourself sometimes because of past experiences. But, not believing in ourselves can create despair and increased anxiety. After a certain point we just have to go "the heck with it, im gonna believe in myself".

But again as you know already, its a process and we get to the point of believing in ourselves one step at a time.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Oh yes!
I believe in myself fully!
Though I'm a bit worried I will get back into that old environment again. It's stressful working there for the sake of being close to home!
Things will fall into place. In the past few weeks I've let go a lot of things even when they creep up once in a while!
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:29 pm

Ethnog wrote:
Oh yes!
I believe in myself fully!
Though I'm a bit worried I will get back into that old environment again. It's stressful working there for the sake of being close to home!
Things will fall into place. In the past few weeks I've let go a lot of things even when they creep up once in a while!

yeah its good to be mindful of the old environment. Just got to take it one day at a time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next