ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.

Go down 
+9
anewhope
Rayofsun
Strider1002
Miss Spaulding
Toro
Bristecom
Dandelions in the Rain
Spunkn
Ethnog
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Toro

Toro

Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Ethnog wrote:
Oh I know that, I am just changing the routine, completely.

I figured you did, but I figured I would throw it out there anyway. Smile

I tried the adding pounds, but I already max myself and the lowest I have are 2.5, so adding 5 pounds when I am already maxed.... is just... Sigh 

By the way, phase8 is an alright whey although, you probably consider it to be a "mans" whey. Razz It's not as good as ON, but its a decent substitute as far as taste goes.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:54 pm

I understand why you would increase it by 2.5, because you definitely lift heavier then I do.

LOL, I am just going to stay with what I know.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Ethnog wrote:
I understand why you would increase it by 2.5, because you definitely lift heavier then I do.

LOL, I am just going to stay with what I know.

I have been adjusting my routine as well,  as I seemed to have reached the peak of what I could do with what I had been doing. Then I saw an exhaustion method that says work a set of muscles and then immediately after hit that muscle set again. So I am trying that one now. Its harder and I hurt more afterwards so, will see if it does any better.

Also I have been using "Fatgripz" I think I am the only human being on the planet that doesn't think they are all that special..:scratch: .. I guess its cause I have always squeezed the crud out of the bars already. (They are supposed to work your forearms while you lift, instead of using those grip squeezer things)

I dont blame you, ON is better, but some times stores run out of stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:46 pm

I understand!
I feel like at this point it's so much harder to lose body fat. If I lose weight ill lose muscle mass. But if I work on weights and decrease cardio I can decrease my body fat.
I have to work on my mid section. My arms and legs are doing well but my mid-section I've ignored for so long.  I don't take the strength class anymore so that stopped it completely! Last week I saw a pic of myself and I went "ugh!"
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:02 am

Ethnog wrote:
I understand!
I feel like at this point it's so much harder to lose body fat. If I lose weight ill lose muscle mass. But if I work on weights and decrease cardio I can decrease my body fat.
I have to work on my mid section. My arms and legs are doing well but my mid-section I've ignored for so long.  I don't take the strength class anymore so that stopped it completely! Last week I saw a pic of myself and I went "ugh!"

You shouldn't be "Ugh" you are a beautiful woman Ethie, everyone here agrees with me. Except you of course.

Laughing can be a good exercise for the midsection same with pushups and plank workouts for your core. Although most everyone has the abs they desire, its just about burning the body fat with diet and general exercise to burn it off so they show. You probably already know that, but I like just throwing stuff out there.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:07 am

My goal... just to be in the best shape of my life. Nothin' special.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:43 am

Strider1002 wrote:
My goal... just to be in the best shape of my life. Nothin' special.

Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 Phil-heath-mr-olympia01

Stop being so vein.......y? Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:55 am

^ Totally wrong. My medal looks nothing like that.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:59 am

I know, right? Mine is more like this however.

Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 RockHardAbs
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Oh I laughed! Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Woooo Hooo, I made Ethie laugh.

Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 41KDZVOIgBL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:36 pm

today was cardio day

• Cycling (stationary):

• 0:30:10 || 10.1 mi || 5 mph || 165 BPM || 4 % (+393 pts)

• Walking (treadmill):

• 0:25:03 || 1.3 mi || 3 mph || 155 BPM || 5 % (+142 pts)

Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 7:48 pm

I love this thread. I find it really motivating, and I love reading how you all are doing. Shari, you are always one of the people I look forward to hearing about. Not in a creepy way! But just because you are always pushing yourself, and ... basically, great job! And nice work out today! Cycling is so much fun! Okay I'll stop now LOL

I find it rather hard to talk about my fitness goals, as I've become really uncomdortable talking about them with others. I know it's silly, but I guess I'm shy about it. And I found this response difficult because my goals change so often. Well the specific ones anyway.  But to sum it up, in the past year and a half I have just really started to work towards being average.
I know I know, I'm really going for gold here. :DBut I've always been the un-athletic chubby girl, so I couldn't handle thinking any further without getting discouraged. Try to be the healthiest I can be while staying sane and happy.

At first, my goal was to be able to breath during prolonged high activity, get my asthma to a manageable/normal (oo there's that word again) stage,... and a hundred goals later I can say I actually do workouts, and have a decent level of health. I'm sure I don't hold a candle to all you gym rats =P
But I am happy with what I've attained. However, I think my next goals need to include toning. The beach goers will thank me Razz
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:30 pm

That's great Rayofsun. Smile I had similar goals... while mine aren't really amazing goals like some people.. I wanted to be able to ride a bike and not pass out; and other similar things. I made my goals something that I knew I could manage but would still have to push myself to actually do it (i'm lazy). I still want to be able to hike up one of the steep hills around here without feeling like my lungs are going to explode... I guess maybe that should be my next goal once I'm satisfied with my progress on bike ridding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Rayofsun wrote:
I love this thread. I find it really motivating, and I love reading how you all are doing. Shari, you are always one of the people I look forward to hearing about. Not in a creepy way! But just because you are always pushing yourself, and ... basically, great job! And nice work out today! Cycling is so much fun! Okay I'll stop now LOL

I find it rather hard to talk about my fitness goals, as I've become really uncomdortable talking about them with others. I know it's silly, but I guess I'm shy about it. And I found this response difficult because my goals change so often. Well the specific ones anyway.  But to sum it up, in the past year and a half I have just really started to work towards being average.
I know I know, I'm really going for gold here. :DBut I've always been the un-athletic chubby girl, so I couldn't handle thinking any further without getting discouraged. Try to be the healthiest I can be while staying sane and happy.

At first, my goal was to be able to breath during prolonged high activity, get my asthma to a manageable/normal (oo there's that word again) stage,... and a hundred goals later I can say I actually do workouts, and have a decent level of health. I'm sure I don't hold a candle to all you gym rats =P
But I am happy with what I've attained. However, I think my next goals need to include toning. The beach goers will thank me Razz

aw thank you - you are so sweet!

Honestly.. my main goals are simply to have more energy, feel less pain, and be active.

I'd *like* to lose some body fat so I can have actual abs for the first time in my life but thats as much about diet as it is exercise, and sometimes I'm just lazy about diet Razz And thats more of a secondary thing too. I think I could be there by the end of the year or early 2014 if I keep going and commit to my diet but I won't stress if I don't.

My main goal is simply to get moving and stay moving.

One thing I will suggest: take a body shot of yourself now. Push yourself for the next 6 months with exercise and diet and take another body shot, you'll start to notice little changes in your body for the better that will be a huge encouragement to you to keep going.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:37 pm

I had a hard time sleeping last night but I got up early morning for a workout.
I did lower body weights. Heard two women talk about the school district, became even more distressed, then went down and walked 2 miles on treadmill. 5% incline for .5 miles (3 speed), 7% (3.2 speed)  incline for .5 miles, 10% incline I think it was .6 or .7 I cant remember now (3.5 speed), then cool down for 10 miles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:52 pm

cool down for 10 miles? wow..

Also. *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Minutes*
I don't know why I typed miles. LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:01 pm

haha and here I thought that was an amazing cooldown Wink
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Amazingly crazy!
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:45 pm

Ethnog wrote:
Amazingly crazy!

Not to mention how lazy you would make me feel, your cool down being further than I walk in..... well.... a year maybe? Laughing

Good work Ethie and Tigress.

Soon you'll only be stalked by me when you want to be if you keep cycling and walking that much LT Razz
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:50 am

little_tigress wrote:

aw thank you - you are so sweet!

Honestly.. my main goals are simply to have more energy, feel less pain, and be active.

I'd *like* to lose some body fat so I can have actual abs for the first time in my life but thats as much about diet as it is exercise, and sometimes I'm just lazy about diet :PAnd thats more of a secondary thing too. I think I could be there by the end of the year or early 2014 if I keep going and commit to my diet but I won't stress if I don't.

My main goal is simply to get moving and stay moving.

One thing I will suggest: take a body shot of yourself now. Push yourself for the next 6 months with exercise and diet and take another body shot, you'll start to notice little changes in your body for the better that will be a huge encouragement to you to keep going.

That's actually a really good idea. I'm somewhat sad I didn't do body shots a year ago when I started. But I think that with my *attempt* LOL to tone up a bit, it will be even more helpful to have pictures. Thanks for the advice Smile
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 1:48 pm

The best thing about not working in the morning is going to the gym.
I did most of the weights on the machines because the other weight room was SO PACKED!!! Geez. I gave up and went upstairs.

Elliptical Trainer:
0:10:00 || Easy

Machine Bicep Curls:
10 lb x 12 reps
10 lb x 12 reps
20 lb x 18 reps
20 lb x 19 reps
20 lb x 17 reps

Triceps Pushdown:
10 lb x 12 reps
10 lb x 12 reps
15 lb x 15 reps
15 lb x 15 reps
15 lb x 12 reps

Ab Crunch Machine:
10 lb x 12 reps
10 lb x 12 reps
20 lb x 8 reps
20 lb x 8 reps

Machine Seated Row:
25 lb x 12 reps
40 lb x 12 reps
40 lb x 12 reps

Running (treadmill):
0:08:00 || 0.6 mi || 5 mph || 161 BPM || 3 %

Walking (treadmill):
0:11:00 || 0.5 mi || 3 mph || 125 BPM || 2 %
Back to top Go down
anewhope

anewhope

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 pm

I've been trying to lose weight. I don't like what I had been seeing on the scale and I really don't like the clothing sizes I have to wear now. Its nice that when the convo is brought up, everyone says I look nice, even strong, but I still have some work to do. I am very close to my first goal weight though. I eat all the time, but I try to eat smaller portions and of course healthier foods. I try to work out as much as I can. So far this week I worked out in the pool last night and I'm going to head to the gym soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:12 am

Today was long day #1 this week:

Rowing (machine):
       0:15:07 || 2531 m || 3:00 split (+188 pts)

Dip Station Straight Leg Raise:
       5 reps (+5 pts)
       5 reps (+5 pts)
       5 reps (+5 pts)
       5 reps (+5 pts)

Rear Delt Fly:
       25 lb x 10 reps (+24 pts)

Machine Shoulder (Military) Press:
       10 lb x 5 reps (+16 pts)
       10 lb x 5 reps (+16 pts)
       10 lb x 5 reps (+16 pts)
       10 lb x 5 reps (+16 pts)
       10 lb x 5 reps (+16 pts)

Machine Back Extension:
       55 lb x 15 reps (+15 pts)
       60 lb x 8 reps (+14 pts)
       60 lb x 8 reps (+14 pts)

Leg Extensions:
       30 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)
       30 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)
       30 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)
       30 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)
       30 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)
       30 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)
       30 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)
       30 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)

Seated Leg Curl:
       45 lb x 8 reps (+13 pts)
       45 lb x 8 reps (+13 pts)
       45 lb x 8 reps (+13 pts)
       45 lb x 8 reps (+13 pts)
       45 lb x 8 reps (+13 pts)
       45 lb x 8 reps (+13 pts)

Seated Cable Row:
       25 lb x 12 reps (+26 pts)

Machine Chest Fly (Pec Deck):
       25 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)
       25 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)
       25 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)
       25 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)
       25 lb x 5 reps (+10 pts)

Machine Bicep Curls:
       20 lb x 10 reps (+11 pts)

Triceps Pushdown:
       20 lb x 5 reps (+9 pts)
       20 lb x 5 reps (+9 pts)
       20 lb x 5 reps (+9 pts)
       20 lb x 5 reps (+9 pts)
       20 lb x 5 reps (+9 pts)
       20 lb x 5 reps (+9 pts)
       20 lb x 5 reps (+9 pts)
       20 lb x 5 reps (+9 pts)

Ab Crunch Machine:
       60 lb x 10 reps (+15 pts)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next