ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2013 resolutions and goals

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sampa

sampa

2013 resolutions and goals Empty
PostSubject: 2013 resolutions and goals   2013 resolutions and goals EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Its almost midyear, I make 2 resolutions or goals for the year, how about you? I'm sure there's some of you that will say they never do but wanted to start this for anyone who needs encouragement.

One of mine was finances and another couple decided to be my accountability, I'm in a better direction than I was 6 months ago, but still not there yet.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: 2013 resolutions and goals   2013 resolutions and goals EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:28 am

In the beginning of the year I made a few goals. Run a 5K and a 10K (I mean I run those but I wanted to sign up for a run). I have signed up for a 5K but looking for a 10K.

I also made a 600 mile (walk/run goal) that was upped to 850 mostly because I was challenged to do it....I am at 450 + miles now. I will reach my original 600 miles but because I had a bad injury a few months ago I have slowed my miles down a lot.

I also made a goal this year of taking chances and I would say knowing how I talk myself out of everything, I have actually taken a lot of chances this year.
Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: 2013 resolutions and goals   2013 resolutions and goals EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Ethnog wrote:
In the beginning of the year I made a few goals. Run a 5K and a 10K (I mean I run those but I wanted to sign up for a run). I have signed up for a 5K but looking for a 10K.

I also made a 600 mile (walk/run goal) that was upped to 850 mostly because I was challenged to do it....I am at 450 + miles now. I will reach my original 600 miles but because I had a bad injury a few months ago I have slowed my miles down a lot.

I also made a goal this year of taking chances and I would say knowing how I talk myself out of everything, I have actually taken a lot of chances this year.
Those are some impressive goals. Awesome goals, I'm not sure I've ever tracked myself like that, maybe someday I will. And its wise to back off if your injured, things just get worse later if you don't. You'll have to tell me how the other one turns out at the end of the year:)
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: 2013 resolutions and goals   2013 resolutions and goals EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Focus on learning God's word and more about Him.  Due to being depressed the last couple years before this past Dec. my memory isn't so good often times.  So while I have a lot of knowledge about God, I often easily forget stuff, so it's good for me to go back and review things so that I can fill in all the gaps.  

I'm also going to try and start playing the drums again, if I can find a decent electronic one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Do the best I can at Moody and try to invest myself into it.

Also challenge myself to get out of my comfort zone, which can be hard to do at times.
Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: 2013 resolutions and goals   2013 resolutions and goals EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Spunkn wrote:
Focus on learning God's word and more about Him.  Due to being depressed the last couple years before this past Dec. my memory isn't so good often times.  So while I have a lot of knowledge about God, I often easily forget stuff, so it's good for me to go back and review things so that I can fill in all the gaps.  

I'm also going to try and start playing the drums again, if I can find a decent electronic one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Do the best I can at Moody and try to invest myself into it.

Also challenge myself to get out of my comfort zone, which can be hard to do at times.
I've been away longer from this forum than expected. I hope that school life at Moody is treating you well and you've been able to explore some of these options?
Back to top Go down
trentlogain

PostSubject: Re: 2013 resolutions and goals   2013 resolutions and goals EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:14 pm

1. safely biding my time at the current library im posting from without a rabid anti-dentite coming in while tripping out on LSD and shooting the place up.

#Proverbs 27:1
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: 2013 resolutions and goals   2013 resolutions and goals EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 1:34 am

I made this list....the in bold are ones I am still keeping or did

RESOLUTIONS
1) Start a journaling every day. Instead of ending my night doing something, I'll do this.
2) Gain muscle and strength. I'll probably work out in the mornings before my MWF classes because they don't start to 10.
3) Re-start and finish the c25k program, and then continue it.
4) Write a morning prayer and then post it on my door so I will say it every morning. I did this till about April
5) Start tithing again

GOALS
1) Go on 6 dates that are not to a fraternity function.
2) Drive to Midland and back since I've have never been to West Texas
3) Get involved in a casual dating relationship
4) Narrow down graduate schools
5) Do very well on the GRE (decided I'm taking it next year)
6) Post on CF less (technically)
7) Break an addiction
Cool Be able to have "average" strength for someone my size and age
9) Work at a summer camp
10) Hopefully not come back to Houston until November
11) Get a job
12) Do something unexpected
13) Stop making this list at number 13, but I can't because I have a thing about the number 13
14) Be less germaphobic

My resolutions I failed at, but did alright with my goals.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: 2013 resolutions and goals   2013 resolutions and goals EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:11 pm

sampa wrote:
I've been away longer from this forum than expected. I hope that school life at Moody is treating you well and you've been able to explore some of these options?
It's been good so far.  I haven't really been able to get back into playing the drums yet, but I haven't put a lot of effort into that one yet either.  I'm thinking of maybe trying to spend more time looking into buying a set during Christmas break.

As far as getting out of my comfort zone? Pretty much every week I've been challenged in some ways to get out of my comfort zone.  Sometimes I've declined, but I've done pretty well at doing stuff I'm not comfortable in.
Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: 2013 resolutions and goals   2013 resolutions and goals EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:47 pm

trentlogain wrote:
1. safely biding my time at the current library im posting from without a rabid anti-dentite coming in while tripping out on LSD and shooting the place up.

#Proverbs 27:1
Not sure what to say on this one.Emo 

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
I made this list....the in bold are ones I am still keeping or did

RESOLUTIONS
1) Start a journaling every day. Instead of ending my night doing something, I'll do this.
2) Gain muscle and strength. I'll probably work out in the mornings before my MWF classes because they don't start to 10.
3) Re-start and finish the c25k program, and then continue it.
4) Write a morning prayer and then post it on my door so I will say it every morning. I did this till about April
5) Start tithing again

GOALS
1) Go on 6 dates that are not to a fraternity function.
2) Drive to Midland and back since I've have never been to West Texas
3) Get involved in a casual dating relationship
4) Narrow down graduate schools
5) Do very well on the GRE (decided I'm taking it next year)
6) Post on CF less (technically)
7) Break an addiction
Cool Be able to have "average" strength for someone my size and age
9) Work at a summer camp
10) Hopefully not come back to Houston until November
11) Get a job
12) Do something unexpected
13) Stop making this list at number 13, but I can't because I have a thing about the number 13
14) Be less germaphobic

My resolutions I failed at, but did alright with my goals.
You've accomplished quite a bit TX, its a good feeling looking back isn't it. Some things take time also, it took me more than 10 years to accomplish my goal of cooking/preparing food on a regular basis.

Spunkn wrote:
sampa wrote:
It's been good so far.  I haven't really been able to get back into playing the drums yet, but I haven't put a lot of effort into that one yet either.  I'm thinking of maybe trying to spend more time looking into buying a set during Christmas break.

As far as getting out of my comfort zone? Pretty much every week I've been challenged in some ways to get out of my comfort zone.  Sometimes I've declined, but I've done pretty well at doing stuff I'm not comfortable in.
I'm glad spunkn you've been challanged to get out of your comfort zone, many times this is the way we grow:flower:  (yeah, I know the flower is cheezy) May the Lord continue to bless you as you seek HIm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 resolutions and goals   2013 resolutions and goals Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 resolutions and goals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: General Discussion-
Jump to: