ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have a Crush on Anyone?

Go down 
+22
Hadassah
Apricity
OneHappyCookie
Edwards1984
Rayofsun
Soldier<3
Dandelions in the Rain
Ninzae
Miles
Squeakers
Paulie079
Spunkn
Strider1002
Ethnog
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
TX_CO_Matt
Toro
Bristecom
PinkSweetart
Maka
wannaberocker
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage

Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:47 am

Miles wrote:
If I keep thinking about someone, when do I know if it's a crush? Does it have to be reasonable in order to qualify?

It doesn't have to be rational or based on logic (honestly, I don't see how its possible to be rational about crushes). Its just someone you find yourself thinking about alot and are attracted to.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:48 am

Ethnog wrote:
You guys are hilarious.

and what do you mean the hikes are paying off? LOOOL

Oh nothing......

Wink 
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:50 am

Spunkn wrote:
Ethnog wrote:
You guys are hilarious.

and what do you mean the hikes are paying off? LOOOL

Oh nothing......

Wink 
This time and this time I wont ask tell me tellll mee! loll
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:57 am

little_tigress wrote:
Miles wrote:
If I keep thinking about someone, when do I know if it's a crush? Does it have to be reasonable in order to qualify?

It doesn't have to be rational or based on logic (honestly, I don't see how its possible to be rational about crushes). Its just someone you find yourself thinking about alot and are attracted to.
I see potential. It isn't so much based on logic as logic seems to get in the way. I've even told others about how great she seems, but I should probably pray for more wisdom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:04 am

Prayer is good, but don't think about it too much. You won't know what kind of potential there is until you talk to her/ask her out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:12 am

little_tigress wrote:
Prayer is good, but don't think about it too much. You won't know what kind of potential there is until you talk to her/ask her out. Smile
Agreed. The internet complicates things, but that's no excuse to not at least talk with her. I wonder if she still uses Skype...
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:37 am

Paulie079 wrote:
Call #2 doesn't lie, Ethie. He's diggin' your chili Razz

This should be the theme of this topic

"Is someone digging your chili?"

Happy 
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:29 am

Ethnog wrote:
Spunkn wrote:
Why do you find it hard to believe that this guy was hitting on you? Because that's exactly what he was doing.  He may be a good salesman, but he was definately hitting on you.

Because in all honesty, I think he is a really nice guy who is doing his job, nothing more then that.

Ethie.

He likes you. No one calls twice to check on the car he sold. Plus the compliments he gave you. Really. He likes you.
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:29 am

Jess9450 wrote:
Paulie079 wrote:

Happy 

Hahah.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:46 am

Yeah seriously Ethie No car salespeople call 2 times to check up on you. Like your friend I have never gotten a call from any car salesmen that I bought a car from. The guy def trying to test the waters lol.

Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:10 pm

We all need to chip in and buy one of these for Ethie now

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Oh m G!!! Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:36 pm

That. Is. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:09 pm

LOL...hahah..
I can make the Danish/Filipino Version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Miles wrote:
little_tigress wrote:
Agreed. The internet complicates things, but that's no excuse to not at least talk with her. I wonder if she still uses Skype...

Missed this.

Ask her Razz
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Crushes don't have to make sense, they don't even have to be based on knowing the person. A crush to me is what most people call "Love at first sight" where, something about them, just draws you in, makes you want to get to know them so much more.

It can be based on more than looks, but when you get to know more about them, it moves past a crush because it is moving past the simple view of that person, but, is a crush with potential.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Jess9450 wrote:
Paulie079 wrote:

Happy 
Yes! Very Happy

Toro wrote:
Crushes don't have to make sense, they don't even have to be based on knowing the person. A crush to me is what most people call "Love at first sight" where, something about them, just draws you in, makes you want to get to know them so much more.

It can be based on more than looks, but when you get to know more about them, it moves past a crush because it is moving past the simple view of that person, but, is a crush with potential.
I guess I think of crushes as being more serious feelings for someone. Probably because I never admit to crushes until it is that way for me. So "love at first site" I wouldn't call a crush... but after getting to know someone for a while then it could become a crush.
But I'm just weird.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

I guess I think of crushes as being more serious feelings for someone. Probably because I never admit to crushes until it is that way for me. So "love at first site" I wouldn't call a crush... but after getting to know someone for a while then it could become a crush.
But I'm just weird.

Nah not weird, I'm the same way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:36 pm

for me I go from intrigue,

"hmm.. he seems pretty cool. And he's easy on the eyes. I wonder what his story is..."

to crush

"ohhh I have butterflies in my tummy when he talks to me! "

to slightly more than crush

"I wanna go out with him!!"

to love

"I wanna marry him <3"

Aaand then if marriage does not occur, a breakup does and I start the whole cycle all over again with someone else.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:36 pm

But I'm just weird.

Different people have different definitions of "crush." It can be serious... I don't think feelings should be minimized.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:40 pm

little_tigress wrote:
for me I go from intrigue,

"I wonder what's in his chili......"

to crush

"Wow, this chili is amazing.  I dig his chilli "

to slightly more than crush

"I want to eat his chili every day, he should cook for me"

to love

"Marry me and make lots of chili please"

Aaand then if he decides to stop making chili for me, a breakup does and I start the whole cycle all over again with someone else.

Fixed.  Sorry I couldn't help myself.  Laughing

Last edited by Spunkn on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:41 pm

after this thread I'll never be able to think of chili the same way again...
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:43 pm

little_tigress wrote:
after this thread I'll never be able to think of chili the same way again...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:44 pm

But I'm just weird.

To me crushes are meaningless/harmless, no actual feelings involved.

To me a crush is an attraction, when you get to know more about them it becomes a crush with potential without there being any pressure of a relationship.

I crushed on my teacher back in the day but it had no potential nor was it based on anything other than her being cute.

A crush with potential can form into a great relationship or it could remain a strong friendship because the crush was born without expectations.

To me a crush with potential, is that fork in the road between close friendship and a possible romantic relationship. Unlike simply liking someone (based on a crush) and asking them on a date for coffee or whatever to get to know them a bit better before you enter a relationship.

At least that is how I see it, as a natural flirt I can have many crushes while single, but that doesn't mean because I flirt I expect anything to come of it.

Crushes are just, fun.... relationships are hard work, worth it with the right person, but crushes are far less demanding as there are no REAL emotions involved. A crush to me is, if anything, a strong attraction without true feelings invested.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:54 pm

I guess, since I was in high school I've had the attitude that I won't have any pointless crushes, if there's nothing that can come of it, I don't bother having the crush or do my best to avoid having one.
I remember praying not to have a crush on an old friend (that I reconnected with online)... then I didn't talk to him for at least half a year... then we met and decided to start dating a few months later (A year after I prayed not to have a crush on him).

I know you said I'm not weird but I probably am.

Since I highly doubt most people would like me and I like them back (no hope with them); I just don't see the point in having crushes. (So they are very rare for me.) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have a Crush on Anyone?
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: Fun Topics-
Jump to: