ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have a Crush on Anyone?

Go down 
+22
Hadassah
Apricity
OneHappyCookie
Edwards1984
Rayofsun
Soldier<3
Dandelions in the Rain
Ninzae
Miles
Squeakers
Paulie079
Spunkn
Strider1002
Ethnog
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
TX_CO_Matt
Toro
Bristecom
PinkSweetart
Maka
wannaberocker
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I think you should share. ^_^
Nah, it's too long of a story! Razz

Hadassah wrote:
PinkSweetart wrote:
Hadassah wrote:
I did but I realise guys don't look at me like that. I'm the "cool chick" they can just talk to.

Oh well. Four more years and I'm outie! Very Happy
Aw, I'm sorry! Maybe one day you'll find someone who will think you're a cool chick he can talk to for a whole different reason. ^_^

Where are you headed?
Right? Very Happy

Don't know where I'd go...both boys will be out of school so I can do pretty much whatever. The sky is the limit. ^_^
Cool! You should go stay at a cabin in the woods. But not like in the movie. A nice, peaceful cabin with nice people living not too far off in a small town. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:08 pm

PinkSweetart wrote:
Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I think you should share. ^_^
Nah, it's too long of a story! Razz
I like long stories. Big Eye 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Ugh I'm so undecided about this girl. I mean, it's the first girl who likes me that I've met in real life and not online. I'm much more shy in real life, especially in the beginning, but once I get to know you, I open up a bit. I don't know why she likes me, but Steve is convinced she does. He keeps telling me to ask her out once I start making some money and can afford such things.

Being 30 and having never really spend personal time with someone, it's like my first awkward date or something, when I should have some kind of experience lol.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Go for it, Saucy. And don't worry about impressing her or anything, just be 100% Saucy, try to have fun and make it fun for her. If you're compatible, it'll work. If you're not, it won't, and you'll lose nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 10:29 am

Awesome Sauce wrote:
Ugh I'm so undecided about this girl.  I mean, it's the first girl who likes me that I've met in real life and not online.  I'm much more shy in real life, especially in the beginning, but once I get to know you, I open up a bit.  I don't know why she likes me, but Steve is convinced she does.  He keeps telling me to ask her out once I start making some money and can afford such things.  

Being 30 and having never really spend personal time with someone, it's like my first awkward date or something, when I should have some kind of experience lol.  
The fact that the girl likes you to begin with should bring you some comfort and ease the situation. Don't let your shyness get the best of you and let some other dude come in and take your place with this girl. While id say take your time, id also say don't take so long that the girl comes up to you one day and say "oh hi id like to introduce my new BF".

This girl aint gonna wait around forever. So come on man, keep her interested at least with messages n such things. Before you actually ask her out on a date.
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 11:51 pm

I agree with these fine gents, saucy Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:26 am

Thank you all for the advice. I've decide not to pursue her.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:31 am

Awesome Sauce wrote:
Thank you all for the advice.  I've decide not to pursue her.  
And why is that?
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:10 am

Awesome Sauce wrote:
I'm sorry you've decided this. If you want to talk about it, you know how to reach me. Okay?
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:30 am

Awesome Sauce wrote:
Is it one of those "I only want what I can't have" scenarios?

I hope not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Awesome Sauce wrote:
Is it one of those "I only want what I can't have" scenarios?

I hope not.
What do you mean? If you're implying what I think you are, that's kind of a mean thing to say.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Some people only want relationships they can't have. For them, the unattainable person is more attractive than the one who is available and interested. It's a legitimate problem, and I hope you don't suffer from that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:45 pm

in my case it's a coincidence that the majority of women I'm interested in aren't interested back. It's a clash of personality types. She's cute, but not the personality type that attracts me. But I don't just go after women who aren't interested back and I feel bad for those who are stuck in that if it's a real problem. If any of the women I've been interested in were interested back, then I would be in a relationship right now. I wouldn't suddenly stop liking them because they were interested. I desire to be in a relationship. Maybe one day I'll find a lady whom I find attractive who doesn't think I'm a bad match for her because of my personality. Usually the strong, independent type don't like men who are sensitive. And that one thing, I have found, is what causes most of the women I like to not think we would be a good match.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
Usually the strong, independent type don't like men who are sensitive.  And that one thing, I have found, is what causes most of the women I like to not think we would be a good match.
That's unfortunate. One can be sensitive and strong at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:55 pm

That's what I say. It usually doesn't matter. There will be one girl who comes along and likes me either because I'm sensitive, or they will see all the other great attributes I have and one little thing like that (which I'm working on) won't be that big of a deciding factor because they see me for who I truly am.

I'm not saying I'm closing the door with this girl. I rarely ever close the door. Right now I'm just doing my thing and holding onto faith that God will bring the right person into my life if she isn't already in my life. I'd rather have an already decent friendship with a girl before I court them anyway, so maybe with one of my friends it will just one day click and they will see me differently, especially as I continue to change and grow.
Back to top Go down
Soldier<3

Soldier<3

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 7:20 pm

"You have my approval from day 1...I don't judge by appearance.......your fruit and your heart is wat matters to me."

Crush worthinesss...

Yes I'm crushing, but I will slowly let it go where it wants to go.

Met him in church few months back. Very nice, quiet guy. Serious and seems mature for his age. He is handsome very very handsome. Ergo... I looked, but never even attempted. Well... I was surprised when one day he friend requests me on FB. Then we pmed a few times, but lately we've spoken a lot more. Saturday he said hi and out of the blue gave me his number and said, "Text me whenever" So I sent him a hello and said it was me. Smile He asked me if I was going to the church. I said I may not and he said dam no doubt. I was like Hu? no dobt? Not sure. He was like ok. But in truth... I did want to go to the service. I did end up showing up late. (I say better late then never)
When he saw me he nodded his head and smiled. After church of course... I didn't think it could be possible for the guy to hug and kiss me 3 times, but he did. That was a first.

Yesterday... same thing. Smile. But... I'm trying to maintain one outlook and that is that he is just a sweet heart. That is all it is.
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Soldier, that's cute. I hope things work out. Smile

Some advice that was given to me that I shall give to y'all out there. Don't be afraid of love.

Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 12:59 am

Awesome Sauce wrote:
in my case it's a coincidence that the majority of women I'm interested in aren't interested back.  It's a clash of personality types.  She's cute, but not the personality type that attracts me.  But I don't just go after women who aren't interested back and I feel bad for those who are stuck in that if it's a real problem.  If any of the women I've been interested in were interested back, then I would be in a relationship right now. I wouldn't suddenly stop liking them because they were interested.  I desire to be in a relationship.  Maybe one day I'll find a lady whom I find attractive who doesn't think I'm a bad match for her because of my personality.  Usually the strong, independent type don't like men who are sensitive.  And that one thing, I have found, is what causes most of the women I like to not think we would be a good match.
What makes you say that she isn't attracted to you if that is the problem?

Also what about her personality doesn't attract you?

I just hate to see you give up on something because you perceive there to be a problem where none exists. It's possible you're correct, and she's not attracted to you. But it's also possible that you're convincing yourself she's not attacted to you as well. Just make sure it's the first, and not the second.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 8:33 am

But saucy according to you, you guys were getting along so well at parties. She likes you, you seemed to like her. You guys had effortless conversations.............. Now all of a sudden you say her personality doesn't attract you.

Like Spounkn asked what in her personality don't you like? If she gets drunk and sleeps with the first guy she sees (I can understand you not pursuing her). But, if its something small, Then id hate for you to quit before something even begins.

Independent types who may treat you like a nobody is not a personality type. Don't get stuck on that, so you cant see a good thing when its in front of your face.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:28 am

Awesome Sauce wrote:
in my case it's a coincidence that the majority of women I'm interested in aren't interested back.  It's a clash of personality types.  She's cute, but not the personality type that attracts me.  But I don't just go after women who aren't interested back and I feel bad for those who are stuck in that if it's a real problem.  If any of the women I've been interested in were interested back, then I would be in a relationship right now. I wouldn't suddenly stop liking them because they were interested.  I desire to be in a relationship.  Maybe one day I'll find a lady whom I find attractive who doesn't think I'm a bad match for her because of my personality.  Usually the strong, independent type don't like men who are sensitive.  And that one thing, I have found, is what causes most of the women I like to not think we would be a good match.
Can I touch on this for a second? As a strong, independent woman I would like to say this isn't exactly true. I don't have a problem with men who are sensitive. I have a problem with men who rely on their sensitivity to whimp out on life. I think of my best friend's husband when I think of a sensitive man. He's more emtional than she and I are, more apt to cry, very attached to her and their son, but he also has that presense that commands respect. He works hard, takes care of his family and balances her strong personality. My boys love him because he takes them fishing and to Bass Pro Shop, but he's also more genteel than his wife or I am. They say he's "the nice one" and she and I are the "crazy ones". Razz

But please don't assume that strong women don't like sensitive men. We actually probably prefer them over the real machismo men because they balance us out. Don't forget, nothing ventured nothing gained. If you like this girl and she likes you, you're already there. Smile
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:36 am

Hadassah wrote:

Can I touch on this for a second? As a strong, independent woman I would like to say this isn't exactly true. I don't have a problem with men who are sensitive. I have a problem with men who rely on their sensitivity to whimp out on life. I think of my best friend's husband when I think of a sensitive man. He's more emtional than she and I are, more apt to cry, very attached to her and their son, but he also has that presense that commands respect. He works hard, takes care of his family and balances her strong personality. My boys love him because he takes them fishing and to Bass Pro Shop, but he's also more genteel than his wife or I am. They say he's "the nice one" and she and I are the "crazy ones". Razz

But please don't assume that strong women don't like sensitive men. We actually probably prefer them over the real machismo men because they balance us out. Don't forget, nothing ventured nothing gained. If you like this girl and she likes you, you're already there. Smile
Exactly, I take it back to my dad. My dad has always been the manly man tough guy type. Yet, he is so sensitive with my mom and even with me and my brother when we were younger. When me and my brother were kids all of our friends were scared of our dad cause he was so tough lookin. Sure he was prone to yell at ya if ya did something wrong or smack us upside the head if we did something wrong.

But he was always a kind father also.

My point is that being sensitive does not mean you cant also have that manly mindset. There is sensitive and there is the wimps and pushovers who allow women to walk all over them. Women don't like Wimps, they like sensitive.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:30 am

wannaberocker wrote:
My point is that being sensitive does not mean you cant also have that manly mindset. There is sensitive and there is the wimps and pushovers who allow women to walk all over them. Women don't like Wimps, they like sensitive.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.
Back to top Go down
Soldier<3

Soldier<3

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:48 am

PinkSweetart wrote:
Soldier, that's cute. I hope things work out. Smile

Some advice that was given to me that I shall give to y'all out there. Don't be afraid of love.

Love isn't the problem... lol It's the feeling we get when we get hurt. lol Razz

Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being tough and tender. I know men who command respect simply by the way they carry themselves, but who will also dance with their little daughters and watch kid shows with them. I think that's the type of man the Bible calls us to be. Tough and tender. Now, I do think some guys really are just wimps who say they are tender, but it's obvious that when the rubber hits the road they are not tough.

As for what Saucy was saying before, I used to think that I wanted to become good friends with a woman before I decided to date her, but I've come to the conclusion that it's not good to limit yourself to that scenario. The reality is that there are many couples who started dating before they knew each other well, and things worked out great for them. I could be quite wrong about this, but I think when you choose to wait until a friendship is established, it's more likely than not that if she did ever like you at one point before a good, solid friendship existed, she would eventually move on because she would come to the conclusion that you only ever want to be friends. I think more often than not, waiting for a good friendship to develop with a woman is going to end up meaning you don't find anyone at all.

If you find a godly woman that you click well with, go after her. I think men, including myself, can be passive but mask it as "patience" or "waiting on God." But really, what's the worst that could happen? She says no? You go on a date and things don't work out?
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:39 pm

I know some who met on a blind date and eventually married. I think that's really sweet. ^_^

Myself I still have no crush, Smirk except for Mexican Soda.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have a Crush on Anyone?
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: Fun Topics-
Jump to: