ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have a Crush on Anyone?

Go down 
+22
Hadassah
Apricity
OneHappyCookie
Edwards1984
Rayofsun
Soldier<3
Dandelions in the Rain
Ninzae
Miles
Squeakers
Paulie079
Spunkn
Strider1002
Ethnog
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
TX_CO_Matt
Toro
Bristecom
PinkSweetart
Maka
wannaberocker
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Spunkn

Spunkn

Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:57 pm

little_tigress wrote:
Non reveal, non juicy story. just something to share. because even though I do have lots to do, I just can't be bothered to do them.

I've learned this year that working with kids is actually a good way to meet men. Single dads, random passersby, joggers with dogs, etc... that one's *extremely* outgoing charge must stop and talk to simply because they're there.

I met a guy this afternoon, that I assume was a single dad due to his lack of a wedding ring, at a stay and play event at a nearby park that I took the little girl I watch to. And there was a dad there about my age that I kept catching looking over and smiling at me alot. We eventually did have a nice conversation while the kids were playing some game, but it was cut short when his daughter decided she was tired and just frustrated with everything and went into tantrum mode.

Nice guy. Wouldn't date him (again assuming he is in fact single. The cynic in me questions that a bit), but it was nice in that most guys who try to chat me up offline have a major creep vibe to them. Nice to know that I can attract seemingly normal men too Razz

You just need an Oakley. Cute lady + handsome dog. You'd have more guy's phone numbers than you know what to do with.

Although I suppose that'd bring out the creepers even more maybe....

sometimes you just can't win Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:02 pm

I will take an Oakley though! Seriously!

If we ever meet, you should know that there's a good chance I'll steal him from you Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:09 pm

On a side note, how many of you automatically look for a ring when you meet someone attractive?

(slowly raises hand)
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Sometimes I feel like it would be fun to have a crush, but then I think about the future and how it probably would never go anywhere and that it would be silly to desire something that's just going to toy with my emotions for awhile.

I listened to a sermon last night about when a man is ready to be a husband, and it was a good gut check for me to consider where I am now and where I need to be in order to be ready.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
Sometimes I feel like it would be fun to have a crush, but then I think about the future and how it probably would never go anywhere and that it would be silly to desire something that's just going to toy with my emotions for awhile.

I listened to a sermon last night about when a man is ready to be a husband, and it was a good gut check for me to consider where I am now and where I need to be in order to be ready.

Yeah I like having someone to be interested in, and yet at the same time if you realize that they are not interested back, then it just becomes mind torture.  In that case, I'd rather not have the crush.  

I don't tend to check for a ring, mostly because I never really develope that much interest in someone unless it's someone I've had a chance to really spend some time with. By that time hopefully I would know if they were married Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Paulie079 wrote:

I'd like to hear that. Can you link me to it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:26 pm

I think I just look... just because. Checking for a wedding ring doesn't really mean I'm attracted (though it might), it just tells me a little bit more about this person that I just met to get a better idea of who they are.

Also, Paul... you are an amazing man. Don't sell yourself short. Any woman would be lucky to end up with you.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Spunkn wrote:

Yeah I like having someone to be interested in, and yet at the same time if you realize that they are not interested back, then it just becomes mind torture.  In that case, I'd rather not have the crush.  

Yeah, that was definitely my thought process.

Strider1002 wrote:

I'd like to hear that. Can you link me to it?

Yeah, here's the link to it:

little_tigress wrote:

Also, Paul... you are an amazing man. Don't sell yourself short. Any woman would be lucky to end up with you.

Bah...I don't like coming across like I'm constantly depressed about myself because I'm not, but I feel like I need to be honest about what my actual thoughts are at times too. So while I definitely wasn't fishing for compliments, I do appreciate this. Thanks, Shari.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Cool... but do they have one for old men? Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Strider1002 wrote:

Old? Pshht. You're just a tot. ...I should know. Preach 
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:37 pm

I don't give compliments. I just tell the truth Razz
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Strider1002 wrote:

haha, actually as you listen you'll find out that it applies to you as well (even though you're not old).
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:41 pm

No crush....
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Paulie079 wrote:

I get what you are saying. But sometimes i get sick of the logical mindset all the time. Sometimes i just wanna entertain the ideas of silly crushes and day dreams.

Considering you are still in your early 20s, dont get all hung up in the logic of crushes. Sometimes you just need to let lose and let your imagination wonder and day dream a little.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 pm

wannaberocker wrote:
Paulie079 wrote:

I get what you are saying. But sometimes i get sick of the logical mindset all the time. Sometimes i just wanna entertain the ideas of silly crushes and day dreams.

Considering you are still in your early 20s, dont get all hung up in the logic of crushes. Sometimes you just need to let lose and let your imagination wonder and day dream a little.

Well it can be fun in the beginning, when things are still a mystery and you don't know too much about the other person. But if you find out that person isn't interested or isn't responding at all, that's when I think it becomes not so fun.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 pm

PinkSweetart wrote:

I have had the same experience! I'm so untrusting of other guys because I feel they are all going to play with my emotions. Its a hard habit to break, to just let yourself feel again.

I personally don't distrust them, I just have a hard time expressing my emotions to them.
I've learned when a guy (or anyone else) plays with my emotions I see the signs much earlier then I did when I was younger. So, I just stop communicating or talking to them altogether.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:20 am

Paulie079 wrote:
Strider1002 wrote:

haha, actually as you listen you'll find out that it applies to you as well (even though you're not old).

I've heard the first ten minutes, and it definitely confirms some of the things I already had in my head. He makes some good points.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Spunkn wrote:

Well it can be fun in the beginning, when things are still a mystery and you don't know too much about the other person.  But if you find out that person isn't interested or isn't responding at all, that's when I think it becomes not so fun.  

yeah, I know what you mean.

Though, on the same note. I sometimes get so sick of the "Calculated" outlook I have most of the time. Its not to say that I allow myself to fall hard for someone I know I have no chance with. Its just that I allow myself to dream sometimes, which even I know is just a dream.

I don't know, I hope this made sense lol.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Nah I know what you mean. Sometimes we get so caught up in having everything go "just perfectly" or just the right "setting" or "time" that I think we miss a lot of opportunities. That goes along with things other than relationships / crushes as well.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Spunkn wrote:
Nah I know what you mean.  Sometimes we get so caught up in having everything go "just perfectly" or just the right "setting" or "time" that I think we miss a lot of opportunities.  That goes along with things other than relationships / crushes as well.  

What's funny is, sometimes things don't go according to our plans or expectations and they turn out better. So, sometimes you just have to go with the flow Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:56 pm

I always fall for the guys it'd never work out with. But aside from one, who treated me horribly when he found out I liked him, I can't really regret it looking back. One was a serious relationship, it didn't work out but I'm glad I took a chance with him. And two of them became really good friends after. I can still go to either of them and talk to them about anything. Everyone else... I got resolution one way or another that let me move on. I have no bad feelings towards them. Not everyone I like will be interested, and thats OK.

It sucks big time when you realize its not going anywhere and can really hurt, but once you move past it, there's a chance for something good coming out of it, and you can learn from it and move on with your life. Its just getting through that moment thats hard.
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:06 pm

wannaberocker wrote:
Though, on the same note. I sometimes get so sick of the "Calculated" outlook I have most of the time. Its not to say that I allow myself to fall hard for someone I know I have no chance with. Its just that I allow myself to dream sometimes, which even I know is just a dream.

I don't know, I hope this made sense lol.
I do that too. It's like "objectively, this won't work because a, b, and c" but I might think about it anyway. They're not really crushes, as far as I'm concerned, but that doesn't necessarily mean I won't daydream. Maybe if circumstances, personalities etc. were different, then she'd be right for me... when I know she isn't... but what if? Then again, if I've thought it over and it turns out that the relationship has real potential, I'll go for it. Relationships aren't something I pursue without putting much thought into. I'm not exactly impulsive when it comes to love, which may explain my singleness, but that's just how I am.
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:44 pm

JAY HERNANDEZ Embarassed I love you Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:55 pm

I avoid having crushes.

I saw a Crush truck on the freeway the other day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I avoid having crushes.

I saw a Crush truck on the freeway the other day.

Hey its DITR. Lol you got an invite before I could invite you lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have a Crush on Anyone?
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: Fun Topics-
Jump to: