ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+18
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
Squeakers
Paulie079
Ninzae
Ethnog
jaapottery
Bristecom
pressingon22
Toro
PinkSweetart
TX_CO_Matt
wannaberocker
Miss Spaulding
Spunkn
Jess9450
Maka
Strider1002
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Paulie079
Paulie079

What's on your mind? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:58 am

I feel like every time I go to Walmart, I'm reminded why I don't like going to Walmart. lol
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:11 pm

I wonder if Nebraska's Walmarts just have a different type of crowd or if I'm just ignoring most of the idiots when I go there. I really can't think of that many things that stuck out to me besides number of people there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:17 pm

I didn't really see it here until I worked at a Walmart, I thought most of the Walmartian stories I'd heard were based out of USA weirdness.

But its all true. I've worked in customer service since I was 17. And I never saw half the weirdos or half the insanity/rudeness that I did in all that time until I got to Walmart. Razz
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Oh I have no doubt that it's true, or that there are tons of crazy people going through Walmart I've just never experienced it myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:21 pm

Go to the sporting goods section, and find a nice tent to setup and camp out in for a couple of days and watch as the people stroll by. You'll see it.

And then it'll dawn on you, that you're camping in Walmart and you're one of them.

...not that I've ever done this, of course...
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:23 pm

Spunkn wrote:
I wonder if Nebraska's Walmarts just have a different type of crowd or if I'm just ignoring most of the idiots when I go there.  I really can't think of that many things that stuck out to me besides number of people there.

Yeah, the biggest thing for me is the parking lots. Maybe once a month, we'll get a call from my great aunt saying that she needs a ride to Walmart, and we're happy to take her, so I did that yesterday. It's just that when you're with an older lady, dropping her off and then finding a reasonably close place to park are both concerns. Yesterday I was looking for at least a semi-close place to park and got up to the front of one parking lot lane up by the store with no luck, so I had to go over to the next one, but there was a truck looking to cross in front of me, and I thought he was going to go, but he was waiting for me. So while he was being polite, the chick in the car behind me decided to honk her horn because things weren't moving fast enough. It's probably just because of where I grew up, but I really don't like people unnecessarily honking their horns because that's not their purpose. The purpose of a car horn is to let other people know that you are there for safety reasons, not to get out of parking lots faster. But anyways, normally I get pretty mad when people honk at me because I take pride in being a good driver, but I was feeling pretty chill yesterday so it didn't bother me that much. I just thought to myself, "Oh yeah, this is why I don't like going to Walmart" Razz

Also, I had to make a run there this morning (and I seriously don't go there that often), and I found a calendar with comics in it that I really like and it was 50% off. When they rang it up, though, it apparently said that the sale was not allowed, and she told me that she couldn't sell it to me--that there must've been something wrong with it or whatever. So I walked away slightly sad haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 pm

seriously?? I would have talked to a manager about that. The only reason they wouldn't sell it if it was in decent condition and on the floor is if someone had brought it in from another store and left it on the shelf by mistake or as a joke. With a 50% off sticker, I kinda doubt thats the case. Although... it is Walmart. So who knows?

but even damaged merchandise (as long as its not a hazard, which it wouldn't be with a calendar Razz) is for sale, and you can often talk the managers into giving you a better deal on it if it is damaged.  They just want it off their floor.

But yeah... parking sucks. And people are rude and self-entitled. One of the things that annoyed me most is whenever I'd be wandering around the store with a cart loaded with boxes/merch or pulling a skid, everyone acted like they couldn't see me and refused to move out of the way.

Last edited by little_tigress on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:28 pm

little_tigress wrote:
Go to the sporting goods section, and find a nice tent to setup and camp out in for a couple of days and watch as the people stroll by. You'll see it.

And then it'll dawn on you, that you're camping in Walmart and you're one of them.

...not that I've ever done this, of course...

Whoa, you could totally do that and survive.

Now I know where my next vacation is going to be.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:29 pm

That's where the next CF meetup should be. In the middle of Walmart! Who's with me?!?!?

*crickets*
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:30 pm

little_tigress wrote:
seriously?? I would have talked to a manager about that. The only reason they wouldn't sell it if it was in decent condition and on the floor is if someone had brought it in from another store and left it on the shelf by mistake or as a joke. With a 50% off sticker, I kinda doubt thats the case. Although... it is Walmart. So who knows?

but even damaged merchandise (as long as its not a hazard, which it wouldn't be with a calendar Razz) is for sale, and you can often talk the managers into giving you a better deal on it if it is damaged.  They just want it off their floor.

But yeah... parking sucks. And people are rude and self-entitled. One of the things that annoyed me most is whenever I'd be wandering around the store with a cart loaded with boxes/merch or pulling a skid, everyone acted like they couldn't see me and refused to move out of the way.

Yeah, I figured it was a silly little calendar and I was being paid company time, so I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. I was a little bummed out though.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Spunkn wrote:
That's where the next CF meetup should be.  In the middle of Walmart! Who's with me?!?!?

*crickets*

Whoa whoa whoa, those crickets can speak for themselves Razz I'm game!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Spunkn wrote:
That's where the next CF meetup should be.  In the middle of Walmart! Who's with me?!?!?

*crickets*

I'll be in the toy section playing with the angry bird dolls =)
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 pm

It would be kind of fun to set up giant castles with pillows or something and then try and knock them over with stuff angry birds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Its more fun to do it with plates and glasses, but they tend to kick you out after the first angry bird toss. Sad
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Always gotta ruin your fun....
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Fun: hanging out with good friends.

Not fun: finding out in the morning you were charged for someone's else tab.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:10 pm

I just noticed that someone favourited my remix on twitter. which makes me more happy than it probably should =)

Also. I really need to go for a walk. But its cold outside, and I'm stubborn. I also just want to go someplace and just study but don't know where. hm.

I think I'll just pick up my book bag and start walking until I find a spot.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:45 pm

While y'all are playing with toys and tents, I'll be on a bicycle putting on my very own Tour de Walmart around the whole store.

Last edited by Miss Spaulding on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Amber.ly

Amber.ly

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:27 pm

I shouldn't be this happy about a piano lesson being cancelled. But I am. And I plan to capitalize on this freed up time by going to bed super early. Like before 8. Any maybe actually eating dinner AT HOME (where is an emoticon for praising Jesus, jumping up and down while yodeling?)

In other news- who all can believe it is now officially halfway through 2013? :mindblown:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Seriously. The year flew by. Yesterday it was March.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:50 pm

I can't wait to see what happens when we split this thing.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:55 pm

I really should go to the store and not put it off.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
I really should go to the store and not put it off.

Yeah. It's only going to get worse if you wait.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:56 pm

off to the store, and then gym time!
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Spunkn wrote:

*crickets*

My first date was in a walmart. glasses 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next