ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+18
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
Squeakers
Paulie079
Ninzae
Ethnog
jaapottery
Bristecom
pressingon22
Toro
PinkSweetart
TX_CO_Matt
wannaberocker
Miss Spaulding
Spunkn
Jess9450
Maka
Strider1002
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Miles

Miles

What's on your mind? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:28 am

You know that was meant for me. Sorry for coming between you two. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:30 am

Miles wrote:
You know that was meant for me. Sorry for coming between you two. jocolor

If you're going to bed, then you may get a "good night." If you're lucky Cool 
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:34 am

Miles wrote:
Talk about a speedy answer to prayer, followed something hilariously funny. Very Happy

elaborate, please =)
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:35 am

little_tigress wrote:
Miles wrote:
Talk about a speedy answer to prayer, followed something hilariously funny. Very Happy

elaborate, please =)

The wood chuck chucked too much wood that he couldn't chuck wood anymore and he went and upchucked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:36 am

oh that poor woodchuck...
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:40 am

Come back, Miles!
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:53 am

Strider1002 wrote:
If you're going to bed, then you may get a "good night." If you're lucky Cool 
Never mind, I'm good. Laughing 

little_tigress wrote:

elaborate, please =)

It seemed funnier at the time. Someone on another forum I frequent (not CF) misplaced a few words and this wound up as a thread title:

"Why does my squeak bag walk when I gig?"

I didn't notice it at first, assuming the question was about a squeaky gig bag. Then, a few minutes later, as if a light was switched on, I quickly changed from a serious mindset about relationships and theology to wondering what a "squeak bag" is and why it would walk. For a moment there, I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe. :o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:59 am

Oh randomness. Life would be so boring without it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:30 am

Just because I love you all:

Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:36 am

Strider1002 wrote:
Just because I love you all:

awww...thanks Strider❤ 

this is my official Friday song. I love you 
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:44 am

Strider1002 wrote:
Miss Spaulding wrote:

Anyway. I don't believe I've ever heard of Virgil's soda. Lol. Must be exceptional.

Yep. And all-natural. Just about the only sodas I'll drink nowadays.

Wow. All - natural soda? Nice...Well, I don't really drink soda on a daily basis. I only do when I get value meals with drinks on it like in McDs.

Spunkn wrote:
Miss Spaulding wrote:

Ikea...

Hmmmm......

NINZAE! Did I mention how awesome you are......

:bounce: 

I know I am. Thanks for reminding me. hahah. Smile Thanks Spunkn. This.
and then you fixed my marriage to Jay Hernandez. Razz Cool :bounce: 
You are equally awesome. Smile

Strider1002 wrote:
Goooood night!

(To Sharon. No one else.)

Sweet of you, Stride.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:49 am

PinkSweetart wrote:
My back locked today, suddenly. Now I'm in so much pain and can barely move. I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

have ya tried going to a chiropractor?
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 am

PinkSweet. Praying for your recuperation. Blessings.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:56 am

Sometimes I wonder if everyone gets my humor. If it sounds like I'm being rude, 95% of the time that means I'm kidding.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:00 am

I woke up at 5 in the morning and can't sleep.
I have to accept the job today and every part of me hates it and is scared.
I hope I can at least get the director to change my hours from closing to opening.
I should sleep for at least another hour. It's going to be such a long day!
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:03 am

Ugh, it sucks when stress interrupts your sleep :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:10 am

Ethnog wrote:
I woke up at 5 in the morning and can't sleep.
I have to accept the job today and every part of me hates it and is scared.
I hope I can at least get the director to change my hours from closing to opening.
I should sleep for at least another hour. It's going to be such a long day!

*hug*

Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:24 am

Ethnog wrote:
Pink I am so sorry!

I finally got home.
When I was done with the first interview I felt such a relief. I know I made the right choice to go because if I had said, "no" I would never get my job back.
The second one was a great interview. Honestly, they were both wonderful and the best I have had in years. The second one told me she would take me on the spot but she said she wont so that it does not hurt me because if I deny it because of the distance I would lose my place again and not get hired back years later.
As I was driving home from the second place I got a call from downtown and was told that I got the position at the first school. She asked me if I wanted it or not and I told her I would think about it and call her back tomorrow. She said it was okay.

If I take this position I can be there for a month and transfer to a school near my house when it opens in a month. However, if the district does not allow it for some reason I will end up staying there for months or even years. So I told myself if I don't get transferred back within 6 months I will get out of the list and go back into the sub pool. Which means again I loose everything.

I can't stay in that school for so long. It is only for half a day and it is closing. I don't know what kind of things will happen there and it scares me to work there, honestly.

I hope all things work out as they are suppose too.

That is a really tough spot to be in Ethie. But I am glad you went to both interviews. I remember one time I got a call for an interview and because it was about an hr drive, I didn't go to the interview and regretted not going later on.

At the end of the day, I personally as a friend wouldn't want you to work in a district that was rough and scary for you. But, on the other hand I am not in your shoes and don't know what the "right choices" is.

But, my hope and prayer is that even if you decide to take this inner city job. That God help you to transfer and help you get closer to your home.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:30 am

Thank you for the comforting words!
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:33 am

PinkSweetart wrote:
Ethnog wrote:
Stop saying those things Pink.

I will pray.

You need to go to the hospital because it might be something very serious. Is the pain going down your leg?

Thank you!

Well the thing is I have already gone a few weeks ago. I had x-rays and an mri taken of my back and spine. They said I have a very minimal herniated disk in my lumber region and beginning ddd. But its giving me major sciatic nerve pain. So yeah, it hurts down my leg too.

I was proscribed Vicodin, but I've been taking ibuprofen because I am afraid of getting hooked to the painkillers

And thanks for the prayers guys! I will wait a bit on going to the er. I'd imagine the only thing they can do Is give me a shot to make the pain medicine move faster into my body.

Rest, relax and you are in my prayers. Also like others said, would you stop with the whole "I don't wanna be a burden and I don't want to ask for prayer etc". That is total nonsense, the whole purpose of a fellowship community is to be able to pray for each other and encourage each other in Christ. There is no "big or Small" problems. God does not say "oh your problem is small, Go Away".

When you ask for help and prayers. You include us into your life and that's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:40 am

Ethnog wrote:
Thank you for the comforting words!

Your welcome. Everything will work out Ethie, don't ya worry. Let God be your Guide and whatever decision you make. Know that it is part of the long term plan God Has for ya. (hug)
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:51 am

Thank you. I feel better now! I will think positive and give it to The Lord!
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:17 am

Ethnog wrote:
Thank you. I feel better now! I will think positive and give it to The Lord!

Good. I think the past year or so Iv realized that life is never a straight line. Its always has so many twist and turns to it.

Last year as you know I got a good job and got paid decent amount of money. But then as time went on, I hate the job and dreaded going to work everyday. So I quit and now God has helped me get another job. Now in a sense im making little money and starting at the bottom. Now some might think it is a step in the wrong direction. But, I have faith that it is a step in the right direction because 1 money isn't everything and 2. God knows what is best for me in the long run.

So keep positive and trust God.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:49 am

Ninzae wrote:

I know I am. Thanks for reminding me. hahah. :)Thanks Spunkn. This.
and then you fixed my marriage to Jay Hernandez. Razz Cool :bounce: 
You are equally awesome. Smile

Does this mean I get free Izze drinks from Ikea? :bounce:

Last edited by Spunkn on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:51 am

Sometimes in the worst of situations Ethie, God will show up the most. He will never leave or forsake you and He will always give you the tools you need to accomplish His purposes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next