ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+18
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
Squeakers
Paulie079
Ninzae
Ethnog
jaapottery
Bristecom
pressingon22
Toro
PinkSweetart
TX_CO_Matt
wannaberocker
Miss Spaulding
Spunkn
Jess9450
Maka
Strider1002
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
anewhope

anewhope

What's on your mind? - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Woke up feeling better today, and gonna work out soon Smile!
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Nothing in my life would feel right if not for God. The closer I get to Him, the happier I'll be.
What went through my mind as I read your post: God is always there, but we put up walls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:19 pm

very true ^^
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Amber.ly wrote:
I hope this doesn't offend you but that attitude is why so many of us are stretched thin trying to fill in the gaps for those who think since they can't do it all, they can't do anything. Even volunteering for 1 day, or part of the hours each day is a huge help! Don't keep yourself from serving because the circumstances are tough. I bet your VBS would be lucky to have you even as a part time worker Nod 

Lol. No, I'm not offended. Though I understand your point. Looking back over the times I helped in VBS I can remember many times when we needed one or two other people for assistance. So, you're right. ...Anyway, that's not the only reason I haven't volunteered for VBS in so long. I've grown so much more awkward and uncomfortable around children over the years that I sort of shudder at the thought of helping with a VBS. It's a horrible excuse. I know. I really should get over it.

Anyway. So, as resident of Sanford, I'm now getting spam texts, and all against Zimmerman (shocker). I was sick of this whole thing a year ago, thanks to the agitators in the media... The verdict is in, people, and the trial is over. Enough already. Let's move on, please.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Miles wrote:

Road bike + countryside with farms and rolling hills, but I like both.

How about you? What kind of bike do you have, and what kind of terrain etc. do you usually ride on?
Awesome Smile
I have a mountain bike and I really want a beach cruiser at some point. I usually just ride on the paved roads around here. But I really enjoy riding on dirt roads/paths.

Miles wrote:
Apparently, my old high school band director is a quarterfinalist for the Grammy national music teacher award. If anyone deserves it, he does. He knows how to inspire and bring out the best in his students. Great teacher, and all around good guy.
That's great Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Long day, but at least I got those 3 hours of sleep. Would have been incredibly brutal without them. Very Happy  Now to eat, shower, shave my face and head relax and then sleep, Think I will be hitting bed early tonight, but then I always say that.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Yesterday was the first day Taylor didn't get onto me! However, today he sent me a text about something that my thought was "No duh, Sherlock"
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:57 pm

little_tigress wrote:
wannaberocker wrote:
Back to work. I hope my login works today.

how do you feel about your job now that you`ve been there a couple of days?

Well in a way I haven't really started my job. Im in training for alike a month. Its basically sitting in a classroom and reading a lot and stuff. Feels like high school so far lol.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Amber.ly wrote:

I hope this doesn't offend you but that attitude is why so many of us are stretched thin trying to fill in the gaps for those who think since they can't do it all, they can't do anything. Even volunteering for 1 day, or part of the hours each day is a huge help! Don't keep yourself from serving because the circumstances are tough. I bet your VBS would be lucky to have you even as a part time worker Nod 

Its not everyone's cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Dad couldn't take it anymore...he got us a portable A/C.

Honestly, I'm thrilled...I'm finding I absolutely despise hot weather. I can tolerate it (dry heat, mostly)...but I want me some cold weather instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:25 pm

wannaberocker wrote:
little_tigress wrote:
wannaberocker wrote:

Well in a way I haven't really started my job. Im in training for alike a month. Its basically sitting in a classroom and reading a lot and stuff. Feels like high school so far lol.

oh yeah, when I first started with Walmart, I was in computer training for almost a week. most of it was a waste of time because I was never able to apply it to my job or because it was all commonsense stuff that I didn't need to be told like, "ohhh we're supposed to treat disabled coworkers/customers with respect now?? wow..."

Razz
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:30 pm

little_tigress wrote:
wannaberocker wrote:
little_tigress wrote:
wannaberocker wrote:

oh yeah, when I first started with Walmart, I was in computer training for almost a week. most of it was a waste of time because I was never able to apply it to my job or because it was all commonsense stuff that I didn't need to be told like, "ohhh we're supposed to treat disabled coworkers/customers with respect now?? wow..."

Razz
oh yeah I remember doing those when I was with walmart.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Sorry to break into the convo, but I've heard that Walmart is a bad place to work...at least around in this area. >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:51 pm

It is. Its a horrible place to work, between the horrid managers and horrid customers, and everything else in between... It'd have to pretty much be my last option before I'd ever consider working for that company again.

I did meet a few cool people there, they were the only things that kept me going a lot of the time.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:54 pm

little_tigress wrote:
It is. Its a horrible place to work, between the horrid managers and horrid customers, and everything else in between... It'd have to pretty much be my last option before I'd ever consider working for that company again.

I did meet a few cool people there, they were the only things that kept me going a lot of the time.

Yup, exactly...my bro's co-worker was telling him horror stories about when he (the co-worker) was working there. Some crazy, nasty stuff. >.>
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Squeakers wrote:
Sorry to break into the convo, but I've heard that Walmart is a bad place to work...at least around in this area. >.>

it is a horrible place to work and I say that as someone who was in management. And as someone who was not really doing the grunt work so to speak.

-------

https://cconnect.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=121
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40