ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+17
Bristecom
Ninzae
Toro
PinkSweetart
Apricity
Miles
Jess9450
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
wannaberocker
Squeakers
Hadassah
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
TX_CO_Matt
Spunkn
Miss Spaulding
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Squeakers

Squeakers

What's on your mind? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:31 pm

My younger bro is going to move outta the house this weekend. I'm so happy and excited for him, but at the same time I'm so jealous...I don't even have a car yet.... -_-''

In other news...I was super happy to find out that I got a small raise at work! 'For doing a good job', said one of the office ladies when I called them up to ask about it. I wasn't sure if maybe it was a mistake and the last thing I wanted to do was get into trouble and have to pay it back, so yeah...I checked and they said it was all good. Yay for me! Very Happy

Also...I'm sad to say that I just have not had any motivation to write anything...I was reading some of my old stories the other day (while deleting a few that I'm sure I was never going to finish), and just...didn't feel it. So so sad...especially since I just thought of a new story line just yesterday. >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:37 pm

lalalalalalalalalalalala
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 11:54 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:

You and me both. I'm so ready for cold weather.
Does it get cold in Florida? Or do you migrate north for the winter?
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:19 am

Squeakers wrote:
My younger bro is going to move outta the house this weekend. I'm so happy and excited for him, but at the same time I'm so jealous...I don't even have a car yet.... -_-''

In other news...I was super happy to find out that I got a small raise at work! 'For doing a good job', said one of the office ladies when I called them up to ask about it. I wasn't sure if maybe it was a mistake and the last thing I wanted to do was get into trouble and have to pay it back, so yeah...I checked and they said it was all good. Yay for me! Very Happy

Also...I'm sad to say that I just have not had any motivation to write anything...I was reading some of my old stories the other day (while deleting a few that I'm sure I was never going to finish), and just...didn't feel it. So so sad...especially since I just thought of a new story line just yesterday. >.>
Congrats on your raise. Cool 

A new story line pertaining to an old story you had going already? Well, you're better off than me with your writing. I haven't written since...well, I don't remember. It's been that long. I've never gathered up enough confidence to write any stories I've concocted as an adult. It's a shame.

Strider1002 wrote:

Does it get cold in Florida? Or do you migrate north for the winter?
It can, yes. We always get very chilly weather, but it is hit or miss on just how cold it actually gets. Some Florida winters get bitterly cold, like bone-chilling cold. It's because of the humidity.

My absolutely favorite weather is when it gets about 40 degrees, dreary and overcast, windy, and dry. Singing 
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:26 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:

My absolutely favorite weather is when it gets about 40 degrees, dreary and overcast, windy, and dry. Singing 
Paradise!

Squeaks, I may have to pay you another visit, since I don't get to see you any other way Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:30 am

Also, confidence smonfidence! Just get the story onto paper, and if it's no good, you can lock it away forever. Unless they've finally found some way of destroying paper...
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:11 am

Jess9450 wrote:
wannaberocker wrote:
So I watched this thing about Liberia on Youtube. yikes that's one scary country.
There are some Liberian refugees at my parents' church, some of whom are friends with my mom. The stories they tell of having to flee and living in refugee camps are heartbreaking. But they are truly some of the kindest and most thankful people I have ever met.
its a tough place to be. The documentary guy described it as Hell on earth and I agree. It was extremely scary, it was like watching a video of a post apocalyptic world.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:17 am

Strider1002 wrote:
Also, confidence smonfidence! Just get the story onto paper, and if it's no good, you can lock it away forever. Unless they've finally found some way of destroying paper...
I actually paused a moment a tried saying that out loud. ...I was unsuccessful.

I knoooow. It's so dumb. But I know I'll do some day. Lol. It's a gut feeling I guess you could say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:39 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Strider1002 wrote:
I actually paused a moment a tried saying that out loud. ...I was unsuccessful.

I knoooow. It's so dumb. But I know I'll do some day. Lol. It's a gut feeling I guess you could say.
No I think most people get like that when they share something. It's almost an intimate thing. I felt that way about my latest book I wrote. I considered trashing the whole thing! But Dandelions refused to let me trash it Very Happy

Just write. That's the best advice any of us can give. You don't ever have to share it with anyone if you don't want to. And maybe you will want to. I really do hope at one point I get to read something you wrote, but just knowing you wrote something from the heart, even if I never get to see it, is pretty cool Smile So don't pressure yourself with the idea of having to share it. Just write it and go from there. And usually, once it's done, you'll feel immensely better. There's something about putting your thoughts and emotions on paper that is incredibly soothing.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:05 am

Ugh, I keep seeing couples having horrible breakups. I suppose it's not a coincidence that they chose to sleep together/live together without being married. Cart before the horse.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:

No I think most people get like that when they share something.  It's almost an intimate thing.  I felt that way about my latest book I wrote.  I considered trashing the whole thing!  But Dandelions refused to let me trash it Very Happy

Just write.  That's the best advice any of us can give.  You don't ever have to share it with anyone if you don't want to.  And maybe you will want to.  I really do hope at one point I get to read something you wrote, but just knowing you wrote something from the heart, even if I never get to see it, is pretty cool :)So don't pressure yourself with the idea of having to share it.  Just write it and go from there.  And usually, once it's done, you'll feel immensely better.  There's something about putting your thoughts and emotions on paper that is incredibly soothing.
That's very encouraging. Hug 

Strider1002 wrote:
Ugh, I keep seeing couples having horrible breakups. I suppose it's not a coincidence that they chose to sleep together/live together without being married. Cart before the horse.
I know. Me too. :-/ ...And now a few days I find out my cousin is getting a divorce. Not entirely surprised, but it's still so disheartening.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:17 pm

I am reading my old writings and I found a page I wrote last year. I think I will burn it.

I'm trying to brainstorm for my job hunt. Making a list of the places I regularly apply to; some that I occasionally apply to and I'm trying to think of any possible places to apply to or ask about jobs at that I've not thought of before. Anyone have any tips?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:

I know. Me too. :-/ ...And now a few days I find out my cousin is getting a divorce. Not entirely surprised, but it's still so disheartening.
I'm sorry :/

I used to be disheartened by relationship failures... but then, I never included God in my plans in the past.

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I am reading my old writings and I found a page I wrote last year. I think I will burn it.
Don't burn your old writings! You can use them in the future to judge how much you've improved. Or if you just need a laugh Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Eating a yogurt. It's the only thing in the house to eat...I'm convinced. I guess this means I need to make a trip to BJ's. Which reminds me...

I should resurrect my Meat Department Chronicles. Smirk I thought Meat Guy was long gone, but last time I went through the meat department I saw him (and he saw me - dun, dun, dun!).

A look here, a peek there. The suspicious need for seventeen blocks of cheese. Scouring for the distant reflection in the glass case to glance back. Constant, aimless pacing passes within the double doors are sighted.  AH! The anguish wrenching at their hearts. ...Forbidden love. Like Romeo and Juliet. Only instead of a balcony for this Juliet to croon for her Romeo, there's a crude display of bagel rounds to peer over so she can only so much as ogle her beloved. Oh well. An ogle is all she'll ever receive. Can love truly blossom in such an unseemly duo? The idea of a romance occurring between the freckled, cruciferous-oriented shopper and Mr. Bloody Apron working magic with his butcher knife is unthinkable. ...Or is it? Can the glass window between them forever separate their deep yearnings?

Stay tuned.

(*note: For those who don't know, the butcher I speak of is simply a friendly dude who works at my local BJ's. I have zero crush on this guy. A while back I started giving all-in-good-fun updates on my encounters with Meat Guy. That is all. Cool )
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:01 pm

I just went outside to pick flowers for my grandma and one of the flowers I put in her vase is a yellow dandelion. ^_^
Strider1002 wrote:

Don't burn your old writings! You can use them in the future to judge how much you've improved. Or if you just need a laugh Razz
Well that particular page I don't think I will use in my actual story. I wrote it out of my own feelings at the time using one of my characters who is very similar to me when it comes to things that I was feeling. It started out kind of sad but then I added a few lines at the end. That I just can't relate to now as I think they are so foolish. Even though I do think that character is a fool in some ways like me. Razz
The idea I can use.. but the actual writing I think I will burn as I'm not sure I really want to use it or will have need to use it. Especially since she is a side character I don't really intend to develop much. I just feel sorry for her. Razz She cares too much. Probabably the most emotional character I have. Though it's all internal emotions that no one else gets to see.

Miss Spaulding wrote:

I should resurrect my Meat Department Chronicles. Smirk I thought Meat Guy was long gone, but last time I went through the meat department I saw him (and he saw me - dun, dun, dun!).
Yay Meat Guy!

You should invite him to this site so he can read about himself. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:32 pm

See, I knew Sharon had writing talent Cool 
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Yay Meat Guy!

You should invite him to this site so he can read about himself. Razz
Lol. He'd probably be seriously weirded out. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:26 pm

It's time, y'all. Time for some coffee and X-Files. Cool Superman 
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Caffeine and a scary (sometimes) show. Good combination.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:00 pm

The best combination.
Back to top Go down
jaapottery

jaapottery

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:27 pm

I am feeling very selfish tonight. My dear friend who has really been helping me get back into my bible and has been a great comfort to me is working with his ex for the first time. He still cares for her and it makes me a bit jealous. I truly want to want the best for him, just feeling, as I said, selfish. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:53 am

jaapottery wrote:
I am feeling very selfish tonight. My dear friend who has really been helping me get back into my bible and has been a great comfort to me is working with his ex for the first time. He still cares for her and it makes me a bit jealous. I truly want to want the best for him, just feeling, as I said, selfish. Crying or Very sad   
Understandable. But I'm sure there's a good reason why they're no longer together.

Anyway, good night y'all.
Back to top Go down
jaapottery

jaapottery

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:59 am

[/quote]Understandable. But I'm sure there's a good reason why they're no longer together.

Anyway, good night y'all.[/quote]
Thanks, RJ, you're the best. Hug 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
LOL you didn't learn your lesson from last time? Razz
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Got in a car accident this morning. It was just me in the car and it was minor--just a broken headlight, a scratch, and a dent. But it was 100% their fault. They seriously tried to make a left turn in front of me from the right lane when I was in the left lane. Like seriously? That's a level of stupid that I didn't know a person could possess. There were two girls and a guy in the girl around my age and they really didn't want the police to be there. They tried to say their insurance would cover it and asked if we were good to just leave, but I said I wanted a police report filed and someone across the street saw it happen and called the police. They were all okay. I think the guy's head was a bit sore because he smacked his head on the window, but he said he was okay. They all acted a bit sketchy about it, though. And their car had a huge dent in the driver's door.
But anyways, that put kind of a damper on the morning. I never made it to church. I just came home after I was done there, but at least there's an evening service tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next