ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+17
Bristecom
Ninzae
Toro
PinkSweetart
Apricity
Miles
Jess9450
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
wannaberocker
Squeakers
Hadassah
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
TX_CO_Matt
Spunkn
Miss Spaulding
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Toro

Toro

What's on your mind? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:51 pm

What's on your mind? - Page 10 Th_101_ Lilo and Stitch 2  is on Netflix (among other Stitch movies, including the first one), I've been thinking of renting it but I put it off.

Score one more for procrastination. What's on your mind? - Page 10 Th_099_

AND I dont have to wake up insanely early in the morning. Yahoo

I love Stitch. What's on your mind? - Page 10 Baa60776

To think my love for Stitch started with something as simple as posting gifs.

What's on your mind? - Page 10 Tumblr_mq55ztIElG1saze6xo1_500

Now to sit back with a nice cold glass of water, drink and enjoy the show.

What's on your mind? - Page 10 Tumblr_mbaomkZUoU1rtpez7o1_500
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Chillin' out in a motel right now. Went shopping all day with Mother...had some fun, but for the most part, I'm glad it's done and over with. It's only fun to a point....
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Squeakers wrote:
Chillin' out in a motel right now. Went shopping all day with Mother...had some fun, but for the most part, I'm glad it's done and over with. It's only fun to a point....
Heh, understandable. Whatcha doin' in a motel?
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 am

I just want to sleep all day tomorrow and have time to myself; or pray. Maybe I just need to pray for an extremely long time.

Or maybe even both :twisted: 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 12:41 am

Strider1002 wrote:
The text of my book is ready. Now I just have to format it and make a cover :bounce: 
Ooh I wanna read. What is it going to be about? Smile
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 12:53 am

RaiyuuDarling wrote:
Strider1002 wrote:
The text of my book is ready. Now I just have to format it and make a cover :bounce: 
It's about... college students, a blizzard, and a mysterious death. It's about people making mistakes... and some of them living long enough to learn from them.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 12:54 am

People are always stunned to find I don't particularly enjoy playing football. I love watching football, playing football video games, talk about football, and know a lot about the sport. So, I guess they're like "he must love playing it".
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:50 am

Strider1002 wrote:

It's about... college students, a blizzard, and a mysterious death. It's about people making mistakes... and some of them living long enough to learn from them.[/quote]

Texas Chainsaw Massacre. ...Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:06 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre. ...Gotcha.
Is that title taken? Crap.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 pm

My kitty is so cute! Big Eye 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:40 pm

At dinner my brother and mother were talking about renting Star Trek Into Darkness. But I bought the movie this week and planned to watch it today. (My dad doesn't like the new ones because he doesn't like the new spock)
I asked my brother if he wanted to watch it, he said yes, I asked my mother, she said yes. Then I asked my father - "Do you want to watch it?"
Dad: "What movie?"
Me (knowing of his dislike of new star trek): "...Into Darkness"
Dad with a look on his face showing he saw through my plan: "Is Spock in it?"
Me: "You can close your eyes for those scenes"
Mom: "Hahahahahaaha that's funny"

I like making people laugh. Razz
Also I like making my dad watch movies. Evil 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:44 pm

ya'll are too funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:08 am

I'm not looking forward to formatting my book... BUT, I'm lucky that self-publishing is so viable these days, and I don't have to wait for an agent or a publisher to accept me.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 1:20 am

As inappropriate as it may be.........

I do believe that I just had the Michael Jackson of bathroom trips.....

"The king of poop" is alive and well my friends.

I think I even let out a "Ah He He" to accompany it.

It would of course explain why I ran to the bathroom like I was in a "Thriller" video.

What's on your mind? - Page 10 HD513C5A5

It even left me asking.........

Fanny are you okay, are you okay fanny? You been hit by, you been struck by a not so smooth number two. Sorry 

What's on your mind? - Page 10 Tumblr_moylw3tdgp1qje4xjo1_400
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Waiting for my new Kindle Fire HD to be delivered today! I'm like a kid at Christmas haha. I decided to go for it, since it was on sale. People, for whatever reason, tend to get upset at me when I spend my own money, but I've been working hard and deserve a little something for myself, especially since all my bills are paid. it would also be a good thing to have on the road so I can watch movies and read if I'm stuck someplace.
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Very cool. Congrats!

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
People are always stunned to find I don't particularly enjoy playing football. I love watching football, playing football video games, talk about football, and know a lot about the sport. So, I guess they're like "he must love playing it".
I'd rather play than watch. Not that I play football very often, but watching sports on TV isn't my thing.

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Squeakers wrote:
OMM; I've been a loner pretty much all my life...I've gotten to a point where I'm used to it, but sometimes...I absolutely hate it.
Um, hello...same here. Neutral

I looove being a private person, I enjoy my solitude, and yes...I am a loner. But to other people that automatically defines me as someone who utterly hates people and sits in a dark corner all day plotting to murder her neighbor for no apparent reason. Doh!...And to think that I 'hate' people is so not true. I was just telling my mom a few days ago that I wish we had company over more often. As anti-social (I hate this term by the way because it sounds weird and harsh when it really isn't) as I am, I do need and enjoy small social 'fixes'. Preferably at my own home. I very much enjoy entertaining, and I think doing it in your own home makes it easier and less stressful because, well, you're in your own home, which is a sort of 'comfort zone' for many people.  
I'm also a private person, although I don't think of myself as a loner. This may be a matter semantics, as I probably am in some ways, but that isn't how it feels from my perspective. It's just that the world pushes so many agendas and attitudes that I'd rather leave behind at the end of the day. Sometimes, I need to be alone with my thoughts, focus on the people and things that are more meaningful to me, work on projects etc. I'm not antisocial. I like people, but acting like an extravert drains my energy.

Speaking of which, I just picked up a book called Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, as there are a couple others ahead of it in my queue, but I'll let you guys know what I think when I do.

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
At dinner my brother and mother were talking about renting Star Trek Into Darkness. But I bought the movie this week and planned to watch it today. (My dad doesn't like the new ones because he doesn't like the new spock)
I asked my brother if he wanted to watch it, he said yes, I asked my mother, she said yes. Then I asked my father - "Do you want to watch it?"

Lol... that's awesome. Laughing

I haven't seen Into Darkness yet, but I'd definitely like to at some point. In my opinion, the first reboot was pretty good, and they could have done a lot worse than casting Zachary Quinto for the role of Spock.

Speaking of which, do you have a favorite Star Trek series? I was thinking about this the other day, and how well The Next Generation has held up.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Miles wrote:

I'm also a private person, although I don't think of myself as a loner. This may be a matter semantics, as I probably am in some ways, but that isn't how it feels from my perspective. It's just that the world pushes so many agendas and attitudes that I'd rather leave behind at the end of the day. Sometimes, I need to be alone with my thoughts, focus on the people and things that are more meaningful to me, work on projects etc. I'm not antisocial. I like people, but acting like an extrovert drains my energy.

Speaking of which, I just picked up a book called Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, as there are a couple others ahead of it in my queue, but I'll let you guys know what I think when I do.
Yes, I'd love to know your thoughts on it once you've read it! I've only read one book like that, it's called 'The Introvert Advantage: How to Thrive in an Extrovert World' by Marti Laney. It's excellent in my opinion. She purposely wrote in such a way that it can even be used as a sort of guidebook. I don't know, it just really helped me personally...it really helped me understand that I'm not just totally weird. It was encouraging for me.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

Hahaha. I love moments like these. Razz 

I totally understand and can appreciate where your dad is coming from here. However, I do like the Star Trek, and I also think Zachary Quinto was an excellent choice to play Spock. No, he'll never be as good as the original played by Leonard Nimoy, but he's still good.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 12:18 am

Formatting for an e-book is a good deal of work... but it's tolerable. I just get the feeling that writing and publishing is my thing.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:17 am

^Sounds interesting.

Lot of things on my mind, some scripture passages, some history things I read about this evening, thinking about Hebrew again and trying to practice it some, then I was also considering whether I should do some of my homework tomorrow or not, and so on...
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:47 pm

I finished my book this morning before church Smile Now I gotta comb through it and re-write some parts. I have realized that there is a certain phrase or phrases that I use when I write, but don't catch it AS I'm writing it. I hate editing. It's the worst part of writing. But it's gotta be done Very Happy

But for now, getting ready for some football!!
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:25 pm

New episodes of 'Foyle's War' premiers tonight on PBS! Gonna get my Masterpiece Mystery on later...Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Been working to plan a surprise birthday party for my friend Steve Smile
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:18 pm

My roommate's pets brought fleas into my room, and I can't get rid of them.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
My roommate's pets brought fleas into my room, and I can't get rid of them.
man that sucks big time. Those are impossible to get ride of. You might need professional help to totally ride of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next