ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+17
Bristecom
Ninzae
Toro
PinkSweetart
Apricity
Miles
Jess9450
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
wannaberocker
Squeakers
Hadassah
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
TX_CO_Matt
Spunkn
Miss Spaulding
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

What's on your mind? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Yeah. I'm just unbelievably frustrated right now.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Aw, I hope you are able to get rid of those things, doesn't sound fun at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
My roommate's pets brought fleas into my room, and I can't get rid of them.
I'm sorry. :-/ Yes, fleas are such a drag to get rid of, but it is possible to do it. Honestly, the very best way to get rid of fleas is simply vacuuming every single day. Ask anyone, and as a cat owner myself, I know it works. You can 'flea bomb' your house (or room) all you like, but that doesn't always work...plus, the poison that'll now be seeped into the carpet, floating in the air, and sticking to everything in the room is definitely not cool. And your roommate would have to temporarily house his pets whilst the 'flea bombing' is going on.

Your roommate needs to invest in a flea comb and to be diligent to comb his pets every day if they're currently suffering from fleas. That, too, is excellent in keeping fleas under control. As soon as I began combing my cats regularly, I saw a huge difference. So in my opinion, vacuuming and a flea comb...a pet owner's best friends. Razz 

Anyway. If you're considering having to flea bomb or do anything else that will require money, then you need to have a serious chat with your roommate. That expense is his responsibility, afterall, they are his pets, not yours.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:35 am

Yeah. We'll have to talk about this month's rent, too, because I haven't been staying there since I found out about the fleas. I don't like anyone taking my blood without my permission.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:58 am

Oh well. I have a feeling that all the "bad" things that happen to me are just preparing me for something. So it's never the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:23 am

We had fleas when I shared an off-campus house with other students during my senior year. An exterminator sprayed once, and that was it. The process didn't take very long. They sprayed in the morning and the fleas were gone by the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Oh well. I have a feeling that all the "bad" things that happen to me are just preparing me for something. So it's never the end of the world.
That's exactly the reason for all the 'bad' things in our lives. And many of these 'bad' things aren't even bad at all, we just think they're bad because, well, we're simply mere mortals. Razz God always sees the bigger picture, afterall He is the 'author and finisher of our faith'. Personally, I think one of the main things that all the bad things and inconveniences in our lives do is to work 'patience' in us.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:37 pm

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not longer Republican but rather a Revolutionist. That is the very term I would be labeled if I lived prior to the twentieth century, so...why shouldn't I be labeled a Revolutionist now? It's perfectly accurate.

And no, I'm not joking.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:

That's exactly the reason for all the 'bad' things in our lives. And many of these 'bad' things aren't even bad at all, we just think they're bad because, well, we're simply mere mortals. Razz God always sees the bigger picture, afterall He is the 'author and finisher of our faith'. Personally, I think one of the main things that all the bad things and inconveniences in our lives do is to work 'patience' in us.
Yes. Probably my favorite Bible passage is in Romans 8 where it talks about us being conformed to the image of Christ. If that doesn't inspire hope, I don't know what will.

And... what exactly are the beliefs of a Revolutionist?
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:46 pm

I should rephrase. What I mean is, what exactly are the beliefs of this Revolutionist?

Unless it's too personal.
Back to top Go down
Bristecom

Bristecom

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:16 pm

I saw this super cute girl at lunch today. She was by herself and I noticed she kept glancing up and looking at me and if I looked back over at her she'd quickly look back down all embarrassed like. Sigh... if only a situation like that could actually work out.

I had a waitress a few times that was pretty cute that asked for my number once but she never called me back. But to be fair, I don't think I ever saw her again after that and I didn't go out of my way to try and hook up with her.

But of course, as a Christian, I have to make sure they are Christian too, which limits the chances even more... But sometimes with people like that, I can almost tell that they are from the start. I am not attracted to the artificially pretty girls or bad girls that most guys are attracted to. Show me a modestly dressed, kind and gentle girl, and my heart skips a beat!

Shy
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Miles wrote:

Speaking of which, I just picked up a book called Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, as there are a couple others ahead of it in my queue, but I'll let you guys know what I think when I do.
My sister read that book and said it's really good. I want to read it someday but it's on her kindle and I don't know if she can send it to me to read. I did watch the author speak on the topic and it was interesting. Brought up some things I hadn't really considered I guess.
Here's one of the videos I watched.

Miles wrote:

I haven't seen Into Darkness yet, but I'd definitely like to at some point. In my opinion, the first reboot was pretty good, and they could have done a lot worse than casting Zachary Quinto for the role of Spock.
I really like Zachary Quinto. Very Happy I think they made a good choice.

Miles wrote:

Speaking of which, do you have a favorite Star Trek series? I was thinking about this the other day, and how well The Next Generation has held up.
I don't believe I watched the show much.. but the one I remember being on tv was the Next generation- I liked some of the characters in that. I also saw some of the older once possibly.. but I think I was more likely to watch some of the movies than the show. My favorite old movie had whales in it. Very Happy

Miss Spaulding wrote:

I've only read one book like that, it's called 'The Introvert Advantage: How to Thrive in an Extrovert World' by Marti Laney. It's excellent in my opinion. She purposely wrote in such a way that it can even be used as a sort of guidebook. I don't know, it just really helped me personally...it really helped me understand that I'm not just totally weird. It was encouraging for me.
I guess I should read that book too. I really don't feel like I fit in. Trying to get a job is difficult - and I believe that I'm expected to be an extravert. Maybe I'm wrong.. but everything I'm seeing and hearing it seems like that to me.

Miss Spaulding wrote:

I totally understand and can appreciate where your dad is coming from here. However, I do like the Star Trek, and I also think Zachary Quinto was an excellent choice to play Spock. No, he'll never be as good as the original played by Leonard Nimoy, but he's still good.[/color]
Leonard Nimoy is awesome. Very Happy I don't think anyone could really fill his shoes. But Zachary Quinto is awesome.. so I'm glad they picked him. ^_^
This was probably my favorite ad this year. Hope it's okay to post here.

Awesome Sauce wrote:
I finished my book this morning before church :)Now I gotta comb through it and re-write some parts.  I have realized that there is a certain phrase or phrases that I use when I write, but don't catch it AS I'm writing it.  I hate editing. It's the worst part of writing.  But it's gotta be done Very Happy 
Yay! High Five 

Bristecom wrote:
I saw this super cute girl at lunch today. She was by herself and I noticed she kept glancing up and looking at me and if I looked back over at her she'd quickly look back down all embarrassed like. Sigh... if only a situation like that could actually work out.
Thanks for sharing. ^_^
Situations like that are interesting. Very Happy
Indy you could just go up to her and ask if she's a Christian. Although she might think that's strange. Razz

Last edited by Dandelions in the Rain on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Bristecom

Bristecom

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
Bristecom wrote:
Thanks for sharing. ^_^
Indy you could just go up to her and ask if she's a Christian. Although she might think that's strange. Razz
Heh, I think I'd have to be more discreet than that. But in this situation it almost seemed obvious that she was interested in me so I so badly wanted to just go talk to her but it would have been way too awkward. Ahhh, oh well... LOL

How have you been Dandy?
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Bristecom wrote:
Bristecom wrote:
Thanks for sharing. ^_^
Heh, I think I'd have to be more discreet than that. But in this situation it almost seemed obvious that she was interested in me so I so badly wanted to just go talk to her but it would have been way too awkward. Ahhh, oh well... LOL

How have you been Dandy?
True it would be kind of awkward to do that. Very Happy

I've been alright, how about you? Did your broken bone heal?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:30 pm

A good friend defended her PHD thesis on genetics. It went very well. I am so happy to see her finish after 5 years of extensive research. Her findings are really excellent and will open many doors in her field. God has really been faithful in her life. I've seen His grace carry her through. I am so proud of her.

And the Armenian party she hosted for us was simply awesome.

Off to bed now. Nitey night from here. : )

Back to top Go down
Bristecom

Bristecom

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:38 pm

True it would be kind of awkward to do that. Very Happy

I've been alright, how about you? Did your broken bone heal?
Yes, it mostly has. Although it kind of sticks out now and I don't have full strength in that arm yet. But it should be alright. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:39 am

My friend's fiancee, I don't think he knows what he's getting himself into.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:04 am

Bristecom wrote:

I had a waitress a few times that was pretty cute that asked for my number once but she never called me back. But to be fair, I don't think I ever saw her again after that and I didn't go out of my way to try and hook up with her.

But of course, as a Christian, I have to make sure they are Christian too, which limits the chances even more... But sometimes with people like that, I can almost tell that they are from the start. I am not attracted to the artificially pretty girls or bad girls that most guys are attracted to. Show me a modestly dressed, kind and gentle girl, and my heart skips a beat!

Shy
whoa, Bristecom! Where you been dude??
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Bristecom

Bristecom

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:45 am

Jess9450 wrote:
whoa, Bristecom! Where you been dude??
Partially dead. Mostly working. 👅
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:52 am

It is 6:50 in the morning.
To the airport to send off
my bestfriend.
She will be gone for
five weeks.
It will be very weird
not to have her around.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:39 am

Ninzae wrote:
It is 6:50 in the morning.
To the airport to send off
my bestfriend.
She will be gone for
five weeks.
It will be very weird
not to have her around.
Ninzae's a good friend Smile

My roommate is being very reasonable about the rent, thankfully. Together, we can win the War of the Fleas.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
I should rephrase. What I mean is, what exactly are the beliefs of this Revolutionist?

Unless it's too personal.
America has now come full circle. We're under a borderline tyrannical dictatorship now (in my opinion), and anyone who refuses to 'drink the Kool-Aid' is considered a 'radical'. Okay then, if I'm going to be looked at as a radical, then I'd very much like to be labeled a Revolutionist. My beliefs are planted on our Constitution and a higher, moral law given to us by Christ. In the eyes of the pilled-up public and the government, that makes me not only radical but a fool as well.

One isn't a Revolutionist simply because of their political and moral views, but because they're unafraid and willing to stand up and do something about it. They enlighten others to what they believe to be the truth. This is what got Revolutionists imprisoned and even executed back in the day. Why? Because they dared to challenge the government by pulling peoples' heads out of the sand and opening their eyes to the agenda at work. And there is an agenda.

The only difference with me is.....I don't wear one of those powdered wigs. afro 

Strider1002 wrote:

My roommate is being very reasonable about the rent, thankfully. Together, we can win the War of the Fleas.
"Let's rock 'n roll." Cool 

What's on your mind? - Page 11 John-goodman_05

What's on your mind? - Page 11 Arachnophobia-4
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:02 pm

You're right, Sharon.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Good golly...I feel like I haven't been on in AGES.

Anyways...nothin' special going on in life...besides work and home life.

A couple things I should mention...some deli stuffs for some on here...in no particular order:

~ I made Subtle Sociopath blush the other day. Him and Mayhem were trying to con me into staying with them during night shift. I was all 'ah haha...no', but they kept teasing me and stuff about it. Well...I finally fought back...and targeted SS. I smirked and said to him 'So! I bet you want me to stay because you liiiiike me!'
Oh lordy...he turned as red as his uniform shirt! In all honesty, I was NOT expecting that kinda response, but gosh darn, that was hilarious! Even Mayhem started laughing. XD

~ One day, Bubblegum and I were going back and forth with a sort of little 'game'. She started it, actually...I came up behind her while she was slicing away and suddenly she looks at me with a sort of playful grumpy face and said 'no!'. Well...I smiled and said 'yes!'. And so, we'd be going back and forth every so often, going 'yes!', 'no!' and stuff. Sometimes we'd even mix it up.
Me: No!
BG: Yes!
BG: Yes!
BG: Maybe!
BG: Geez, girl...you're so stubborn!
Me: Laugh
And then there were times where I'd catch her off guard and suddenly say 'Yes, ma'am!' all humble-like. She loved that and would start laughing. XD
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:36 am

Training went excellent. I think I'm going to like this job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next