ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are your goals?

Go down 
+12
Hadassah
Apricity
Strider1002
Miles
Jess9450
Ninzae
Amber.ly
Ethnog
Spunkn
Toro
wannaberocker
Dandelions in the Rain
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninzae

Ninzae

What are your goals? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:39 am

General
Get a fulltime job or get a full scholarship for a master's degree program.
Get settled - residency.
Go home to Philippines by December.
Go to Minneapolis by September.
Go to The Netherlands by August.
Go to Poland by October.
Be more active with the work in Madagascar.
Start up youth work in my hometown.

if I would still be in Denmark
Move in to a new apartment pref. near to church with my best friend.
Ministry growth - performance, relationship with leaders and the work for God.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:59 am

*Moved to the General Discussion Forum*
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:48 pm

For starters, I'd like to move closer to my day job. My commute alone involves driving about 50 miles every workday. Even when the traffic isn't bad, I spend over an hour in the car, and gas is expensive. Although my current location is idyllic, which is what's kept me here for so many years, it's arguably impractical. Freeing up some of that time and money should be good for my social life as well as for my little side business.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Get a job, get fit, start releasing my works, get my own place, meet the girl of my dreams... standard-issue stuff, really.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:07 pm

One goal is for school; I hope to get good grades and that I will enjoy the career I am going into. The last program that I tried just wasn't for me, so I hope this one will be better fitting and that I will be able to get a good job in a year.

What I hope for most of all though is that I will become the person who God has intended me to be. I know I still have a long journey to travel, Spiritually speaking, and there are so many things I yet need to learn. I try to take one step at a time, but sometimes I trip and don't walk as I should. It will likely take my whole life, however long that may be, but I keep hoping.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:48 pm

My only goal is to live a life where I can afford to buy REAL food: fresh veggies, ingredients for meals, yummies for the bunnies, stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:55 pm

Some of my goals for the coming months until this time next year:

Get a job here or move somewhere and get a job.
Ride my bike more and hike more.
Finish a project I started.
Get back to writing.
Read my bible more consistently.
Read more books in general.
Go on at least one adventure. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
Some of my goals for the coming months until this time next year:

Get a job here or move somewhere and get a job.
Ride my bike more and hike more.
Finish a project I started.
Get back to writing.
Read my bible more consistently.
Read more books in general.
Go on at least one adventure. Smile
These are excellent goals. Cool 
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:53 pm

You know, occasionally I would think about getting rich from my books... what kind of BMW I'd buy... how I'd have my new house designed... (not that I'm writing to get rich... I write because I can and because I believe God wants me to... but I thought I might get rich anyway.)

Tonight I realized something... at 31, about time, right? I'd rather live a humble family life, with a wonderful wife and lovable kids, and make just enough to get by. That's what I want. Screw the riches.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Most writers don't get rich from writing. But if most writers cared more about money then writing.. then they probably would do something else.

I've thought about the idea of being a writer for money.. but the idea never appealed to me. I feel like my creativity would suffer. Though my alternative is I write everything rather slow. Someday I would like to publish my book I started but I don't really care about if I made any money at all on it. I just want it to be written. I guess this would be a long term goal of mine that I should be working on with my short term goals.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
You know, occasionally I would think about getting rich from my books... what kind of BMW I'd buy... how I'd have my new house designed... (not that I'm writing to get rich... I write because I can and because I believe God wants me to... but I thought I might get rich anyway.)

Tonight I realized something... at 31, about time, right? I'd rather live a humble family life, with a wonderful wife and lovable kids, and make just enough to get by. That's what I want. Screw the riches.
Sometimes I see things like nice cars, boats, or cool toys that I would loooove to try out and I get a little jealous, but then I remind myself that some day in Heaven, it's going to be an eternal party with God and we'll probably get to try out even more amazing things that we never dreamed of.

I also remind myself a lot of the time, those people who do have those possessions often have broken families and are often miserable with their wealth even though they try to act happy all the time.

That's of course not always true, but I think as a general rule it's fairly safe to say.

The woman who stole all the Hospice patient's stuff I went to go see? She's miserable, because she wants more and more and more, and it'll eat away at her soul and her conscience while he is finally seeing some peace because he realizes that life isn't all about money. Ironic how that works out. He has nothing, and yet he has more than she does.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Family, that's fulfillment... money, not so much.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:44 am

Strider1002 wrote:
Family, that's fulfillment... money, not so much.
I so agree. I truly live by this...but I feel most people who hear of this kind of outlook on life think it's all fake. It's not though.

Is money important? Yes, it is. There's no denying that. But when you set your heart on it, or when you make it more a priority than it should be, then you're only going to promote worry and discontentment in your life. This is my personal opinion. I see my own sisters' struggle financially at times, and they'll joke with me (partly joking that is) that I better find myself someone who is 'well off' financially so that I don't have worry about money problems. I laugh, but I always disagree with them and say how money doesn't matter to me.

Family and your relationship with Christ is what brings true fulfillment. For me anyway. Money is indeed essential...naturally...but I am happy to have 'enough', not 'more than I know what to do with'. Believe it or not, it's having more than I know what to do with that makes me worry. Working hard at what you love and making enough to pay the bills and to put good food on the table is just fine to me. I don't need nor desire the bells and whistles in life...I never have.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:57 am

Curse you, forum, for only letting me give one rep per post! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:05 pm

I see myself becoming successful with my writing. I even believe God has told me as much. But He also has expectations of what He wants me to do with the success. I will never live above my means. I think being successful and rich can be a blessing or a curse, depending on what you let it do to you. I'd enjoy a quiet existence in the woods somewhere. Not a huge mansion, but a decent one where I can comfortably fit my kids, some land where I can ride 4-wheelers and go hiking. Travel the country/world.

If I never have a family, I could live in an apartment, even as a millionaire. But I'd set up my money into an account, set aside the little I need to take care of the bills, etc and the rest will go towards ministry and helping others in need. After going through what I have the past few months, I know there are people scraping the last little bit of peanut butter out of the jar and that's their dinner because they can't afford anything else, yet the ultra-rich spend half a million dollars on cars they'll never drive or clothes they'll wear once and throw them away. I couldn't live like that.

But these are my goals. Use my testimony to help others crawl out of their pits and build on their lives and spread the influence of Christ throughout the inner cities. I want to unite the churches for a common goal of helping those in need. Churches today are focused on building bigger buildings to bring in larger crowds to make more money. We need to be focused on the widows, orphans, homeless, jobless and help people on their feet. And God has already been working with me on the platform in which to do it. I'm still working on the plan and ways to raise money to get started...even if i never become a successful author...I write because I love to and if something becomes of it, that's amazing. I'll use the success responsibly.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Hadassah wrote:
My only goal is to live a life where I can afford to buy REAL food: fresh veggies, ingredients for meals, yummies for the bunnies, stuff like that.
Yes, feed the rabbits well..... they will make tasty cheezbunnyburgers.

Suspect 

What are your goals? - Page 2 HBBB5FBDF

Yummy Laughing Sput!

My goal is to take over the world.

What are your goals? - Page 2 33bgv12
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 8:27 pm

Toro wrote:

That's quite ambitious; especially since I agreed years ago to support someone else in that endeavor. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Most writers don't get rich from writing. But if most writers cared more about money then writing.. then they probably would do something else.

I've thought about the idea of being a writer for money.. but the idea never appealed to me. I feel like my creativity would suffer. Though my alternative is I write everything rather slow. Someday I would like to publish my book I started but I don't really care about if I made any money at all on it. I just want it to be written. I guess this would be a long term goal of mine that I should be working on with my short term goals.
This describes me pretty well. Smile 

My one goal right now: save money and get a car.

After that...who knows what kind of trouble I can get into. Evil ... Razz
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Squeakers wrote:

This describes me pretty well. Smile 

My one goal right now: save money and get a car.

After that...who knows what kind of trouble I can get into. Evil ... Razz
Ooooh I like that goal! When I get a job that will be my goal too! What kind of car do you want? A specific kind or any?
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:20 am

Toro wrote:

That's quite ambitious; especially since I agreed years ago to support someone else in that endeavor. Good luck!
You...... Suspect ...... JUDAS!!!

You didnt even give me a kiss to betray me.....

Its okay..... you can turn and be on my side with all things forgiven.

What are your goals? - Page 2 H15905852
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:08 am

Toro wrote:
Toro wrote:

You...... Suspect ...... JUDAS!!!

You didnt even give me a kiss to betray me.....

Its okay..... you can turn and be on my side with all things forgiven.

What are your goals? - Page 2 H15905852
I'm sorry but I will be loyal to my friend until the end. I don't join forces to take over the world with someone lightly. Razz She may have used bribery, but I already joined her. Cool guy 
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:33 am

Someday I hope to actually wear pants when I walk to the mailbox.
Back to top Go down
http://lunarboulevard.blogspot.com/
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 4:47 am

I'm sorry but I will be loyal to my friend until the end. I don't join forces to take over the world with someone lightly. :PShe may have used bribery, but I already joined her. Cool guy 
What are your goals? - Page 2 HF78D8774

If you are not with me.....................

Suspect You shall rue the day...... you shall rue the day..... indeed.

I will keep a spot in my servants list for you anyway..... as I like my Jedi flower friend..... but..... you shall clean my toilets when I conquer Earth.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:03 am

I will never surrender Mr Toro. You say "earth" like an alien would.... Suspicious 

Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:48 am

That's funny, someone offered to help me take over the world last night. I'm still considering it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your goals?   What are your goals? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are your goals?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next