ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+12
Jess9450
wannaberocker
Apricity
Paulie079
Rayofsun
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
Miss Spaulding
Thunder Peel
Toro
TX_CO_Matt
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Paulie079
Paulie079

What's on your mind? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Gosh, every mention of fatherhood or children makes me emotional. I need to get over this, at least for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Paulie...((bro hugs))
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:13 pm

(Not at anyone above)

Suspect

What's on your mind? - Page 3 I-see-what-you-did-there

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:55 pm

Secret Santa is on my mind!!

On one hand, I find it such a fun game and I looove playing it. The excitement, fun, and camaraderie that comes with the game.

But on the other hand, FREAKOUT because I have no idea what to get the person!!! Eee.

Do you go silly? Practical? Heartfelt? Standard? Play it safe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:47 pm

I always go silly, especially when it's a game.
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 12:02 am

Sauceman wrote:
I always go silly, especially when it's a game.  
Yes! this is what I tend to do as well!
But this time it's a bit different.

1. I picked a friend that I know I could buy something really great for. We have the same same same taste in clothes, decor, accessories, even pens. It's ridiculous actually lol.

2. The host of the secret santa game requested it be practical… and not something silly. I know other people will totally ignore that rule though, especially the group that i'm doing it with. Hmmm maybe a little of both?
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 12:05 am

Okay, so the district managers from our company visited our store the other day and handed out little holiday gift bags of candy to everyone. Now, there's a guy named Matt who's been there longer (currently) than the rest of us, and we generally look to him as the guy who knows everything.

So, we're half working, half checking out our gift bags and Matt says, "Hey, there's even a gobstopper in here."
Another guy: "There's no gobstoppers. There's a marble..."
Matt: "Oh." (Slips marble out of his mouth.)
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 12:14 am

Tonight is one of those nights I wish I had some pain meds lol. Went out and did some walking to strengthen my knee. I plan to hit the gym by Monday, but now it's throbbing like crazy. Back in the brace with ice thrown in. It will be strong again!
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 1:13 am

Sauceman wrote:
Tonight is one of those nights I wish I had some pain meds lol.  Went out and did some walking to strengthen my knee.  I plan to hit the gym by Monday, but now it's throbbing like crazy.  Back in the brace with ice thrown in.  It will be strong again!  
Just be careful. You can't strengthen an injured knee. You just injure it more. You have to let it heal, and then strengthen it again. It takes patience and some frustration, but it's the quickest way to heal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 1:15 am

Ugh yeah. It sucks. I HATE being immobile. I want to get back to running and working out.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:23 am

I hope everyone is doing well. Hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:23 am

Had more to add on the previous convo but I guess it's passed. That's what happens when you don't have an opportunity to get on until after midnight. Lol. Oh well.

In other news...my new workout routine just about killed my legs. I can barely walk. I hardly could climb up and down the stairs at work today. Hahahaha. Geez, I feel like I need a wheelchair. Lol.

Last edited by Miss Spaulding on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

Rayofsun wrote:
I survived my first set of parent teacher conferences yesterday. It is so different sitting on the other side of the table, and talking to the parents.

It's funny, no matter hoooow bad the child behaves in the classroom, there is always so many positives to tell the parents as well. I was happy that all the parents were really attentive and so proud of their kids. They should be.
That's really great to hear, Ray. Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:24 am

what workouts are you doing?  would they benefit me? You can PM me later if you want.

Last edited by Sauceman on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:27 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Had more to add on the previous convo but I guess it's passed. That's what happens when you don't have an opportunity to get on until after midnight. Lol. Oh well.
You could do what I do and accidentally add more a page later... Very Happy I didn't realize there was another page. Doh! 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:29 am

Sauceman wrote:
what workouts are you doing?  would they benefit me?
Complete and total randomness. That is my workout. Lol. Whatever seems like a good exercise at the moment...I do it. What I did recently was more what you would call 'boot camp' type of exercising. A lot of leg work, especially stuff like squatting. I don't think that would be a plan for you right now considering the condition your knee is in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:30 am

Wow. Good for you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:33 am

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

You could do what I do and accidentally add more a page later... :DI didn't realize there was another page. Doh! 
Hahaha. Yeah, I could. I guess I just kind of feel like I didn't get to finish saying my peace on the subject and that I left off in a very negative light.

I'm traditionally minded. And yes, I personally feel some things are better off staying 'traditional'. I just didn't want to come off as snooty or uptight.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:34 am

Sauceman wrote:
Wow.  Good for you!  Smile
Well, I'm basically a cripple right now, soooo...

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:35 am

you and me both Wink want to borrow my brace? you'll need it tomorrow probably Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:46 am

I wanted to add more too. So... I will!

Well, just let me ask a question. We know God has done A LOT for us that He didn't have to do. So... what are you willing to do for Him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 2:53 am

If you think dressing up does anything FOR HIM, then go ahead and do it.  I don't think it does.  Like most of us here believe, it's simply for human and self approval.  God probably doesn't look at you as being more respectful or reverent than anyone else there who isn't as dressed up as you are.  He is no respecter of persons.  

And as I've spoken about several times (and you're welcome to disagree), worship and reverence is in your heart.  Going to church...you're just going to an ordinary building.  There's nothing special about that building.  God doesn't reside in buildings...He resides in people and He's in our midst always.  It doesn't matter what building we're in.  

So to say it's like we don't care or aren't reverent when going to a building, then what about when you worship at your home?  When you read your bible in the morning?  When you're on your face in prayer?  Do you dress up then?  That's true worship, not in the view of others.  If you don't dress up to worship at home, then the point is really hypocritical and pointless. Then it's probably more for show and appear more 'religious'.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 3:09 am

You could make the argument that nothing we do really helps God out. He doesn't need us. But that's not the point. The point is, we do things for Him because He is worthy of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 3:13 am

But again, how does dressing up do anything for Him? He doesn't request or require it. There's nothing in the Word about it. It's just something we do out of tradition and approval from others. It's not a more Godly or reverent thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 3:26 am

And even more contrary, there are certain rules and laws in the bible that we do not follow. Like women wearing head coverings for modesty. I only know one Christian woman who does that. And the laws about make-up and gaudy jewelry, etc.

So why do we ignore what is in the bible, but enforce things that aren't?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next