ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+22
Hadassah
OneHappyCookie
Marycita
Edwards1984
Amber.ly
mina
Miles
Rayofsun
Paulie079
PinkSweetart
toastface_grillah
Soldier<3
Ninzae
Jess9450
Ethnog
TX_CO_Matt
Strider1002
Miss Spaulding
Squeakers
Toro
Dandelions in the Rain
wannaberocker
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

What's on your mind? Empty
PostSubject: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:45 pm

I bet wannabe and I could shock you further, squeaks, with our Walmartian stories Very Happy

Although as hard as it was being on the floor, I can imagine being a manager came with its own headaches. Its why I resisted so much when they kept trying to encourage me about pursuing management positions. I just didn't want to deal with it from the other side of things.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:54 pm

little_tigress wrote:
I bet wannabe and I could shock you further, squeaks, with our Walmartian stories Very Happy

Although as hard as it was being on the floor, I can imagine being a manager came with its own headaches. Its why I resisted so much when they kept trying to encourage me about pursuing management positions. I just didn't want to deal with it from the other side of things.

yeah, I only survived 1 yr.

Here is 1 management story. Christmas Eve Walmart closed at 8:00 PM. As a member of management I was there when they closed. But At 3:00 AM I had to drive back to the store to check temperatures in the freezers (in an empty store) and check all security codes.

I was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" so basically walmart wants me to spend Christmas checking temps and checking an empty store. As a member of management walmart expects you to sign away your whole life to them.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:55 pm

I have a prayer request, but don't feel like making a new thread in the prayer section.

We found out early last month that a family member has cancer. A week from today if everything goes well, and it's not put off longer, there will be a surgery to try to remove all the cancer. I'm starting to get scared. If anyone reads this please pray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I have a prayer request, but don't feel like making a new thread in the prayer section.

We found out early last month that a family member has cancer. A week from today if everything goes well, and it's not put off longer, there will be a surgery to try to remove all the cancer. I'm starting to get scared. If anyone reads this please pray.

Don't be scared. Everything will be alright. Def keep your family in prayers.

Few years ago my dad found out that he had prostate Cancer. A week later he had surgery. Thankfully dad has been cancer free for a few years now. Thanks to modern medicine cancer is not the End story anymore. God is definitely in control.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 pm

wannaberocker wrote:
little_tigress wrote:

yeah, I only survived 1 yr.

Here is 1 management story. Christmas Eve Walmart closed at 8:00 PM. As a member of management I was there when they closed. But At 3:00 AM I had to drive back to the store to check temperatures in the freezers (in an empty store) and check all security codes.

I was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" so basically walmart wants me to spend Christmas checking temps and checking an empty store. As a member of management walmart expects you to sign away your whole life to them.

yeah, thats pretty much true on the floor too, although the one day off we were guaranteed was Christmas Day. And even then, there was pressure to give it up and help stock shelves for Boxing Day sales. I remember on Christmas eve being promised that I'd get out of there by 6:30. 10:00 rolled around and *finally* my manager called me aside and I thought, "Finally! He's going to send me home!"

But he really just wanted to tell me that he was going home and that I was expected to head over to another dept. and help them until that asst manager sent me home. I couldn't say a single word in response, I just walked away. I was almost in tears over that. I wound up just leaving anyway - the other manager didn't really need me after all. So I clocked out and basically went to bed.

And then my manager wanted me in at an ungodly hour the day after Christmas when I wasn't really needed. So that year I literally got to play out A Christmas Carol Razz

I would constantly get calls to come in on my days off because they were shortstaffed, I was denied breaks. I was pulled to cover positions that I had no training for. Complaints about a hostile work environment were ignored.

And thats not even covering the insane customers that I was expected to coddle. I vividly remember one who harassed me for 3 hours before she finally walked away of her own volition, not because the managers cared enough to do anything about it.

I'm so sorry. I can imagine how scary that is. I will be praying Hug
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:25 pm

wannaberocker wrote:

Don't be scared. Everything will be alright. Def keep your family in prayers.

Few years ago my dad found out that he had prostate Cancer. A week later he had surgery. Thankfully dad has been cancer free for a few years now. Thanks to modern medicine cancer is not the End story anymore. God is definitely in control.

Will pray.

Glad your dad is doing well wannabe.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:34 pm

little_tigress wrote:

yeah, thats pretty much true on the floor too, although the one day off we were guaranteed was Christmas Day. And even then, there was pressure to give it up and help stock shelves for Boxing Day sales. I remember on Christmas eve being promised that I'd get out of there by 6:30. 10:00 rolled around and *finally* my manager called me aside and I thought, "Finally! He's going to send me home!"

But he really just wanted to tell me that he was going home and that I was expected to head over to another dept. and help them until that asst manager sent me home. I couldn't say a single word in response, I just walked away. I was almost in tears over that. I wound up just leaving anyway - the other manager didn't really need me after all. So I clocked out and basically went to bed.

And then my manager wanted me in at an ungodly hour the day after Christmas when I wasn't really needed. So that year I literally got to play out A Christmas Carol Razz

I would constantly get calls to come in on my days off because they were shortstaffed, I was denied breaks. I was pulled to cover positions that I had no training for. Complaints about a hostile work environment were ignored.

And thats not even covering the insane customers that I was expected to coddle. I vividly remember one who harassed me for 3 hours before she finally walked away of her own volition, not because the managers cared enough to do anything about it.
:

yup pretty much, will never work there again ever.

^and thanks toro.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:45 pm

@ Tigress & Wannabe; Holy cow...I would hate to work at a store like that! :shock:

Aw...definitely keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:46 pm

I think I am going to bed..... that 3 hours is feeling it now.

Goodnight you wild and crazy peoples you.Sleep 
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Working 5 days a week. You realize why people love Fridays so much. When I was working part time, I didn't care. But now im sooooooo looking forward to Friday lol. Sad its only Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:14 pm

I will be praying!
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Ug. It's humid and my stomach is not happy with me.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:37 pm

How did I forget eating McDonald's makes me feel terrible.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Sad I am sorry. I will pray.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:51 pm

I love free food
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:04 am

this is getting easier and easier Good Job Cool guy 
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:05 am

Practice makes perfect!
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:07 am

Good job on moving all the threads Jess. Smile

Thanks everyone for prayers.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:08 am

Some Japanese dude hacked into my FB account. Nice. ...Probably was thinking he'd find something good. ...HA!
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:09 am

Thank you Jess!

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Some Japanese dude hacked into my FB account. Nice. ...Probably was thinking he'd find something good. ...HA!

Oh my!
How did this happen??!
Well I know how but howww???!!
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:10 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:

How random Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:10 am

How do you know? Did he post something?
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:11 am

He obviously guessed my password. I had to change it. ...Not that shocking as I use the same password for everything. I think that doesn't exactly help you safety/privacy wise when it comes to hackers who know what they're doing. I suppose it's best to have a different password for everything.
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:12 am

So, my bestfriend is leaving today for
Sweden. She goes back to Dk on Sunday.
I leave Dk for Sweden on Sunday. So not perfect
Timing... Argh.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 am

Strider1002 wrote:

How random Suspect 

Hmm...yeah...

You're the culprit, aren't you? ...Confess! No no 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next