ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+17
Bristecom
Ninzae
Toro
PinkSweetart
Apricity
Miles
Jess9450
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
wannaberocker
Squeakers
Hadassah
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
TX_CO_Matt
Spunkn
Miss Spaulding
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

What's on your mind? - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Anyhow.

I should go through clothes I don't need to give to the AmVets tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:14 pm

So you're saying... women know more about women than men do?

Inconceivable!
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
I'm sure every guy here has been randomly hit on at some point Very Happy

Hopefully we're all smart and disciplined enough to stay away, like Saucy did.
Well... Suspect Not all of us were born into Christianity, but Lord knows I try to resist now.

"Love" relationships based on the physical only go so far..... I've learned that much at least. Which is one reason why, "I want to wait" now, not just to obey. It's also one of the reasons I am looking, not for some random woman, but a "good  Godly" woman, "I want to wait" is such an odd concept these days. I don't care to explain "Why" every day, nor do I care to battle over beliefs. Not to mention a "good Christian" woman will be able to keep me "in check" in many areas if I backslide even a little bit in any area. (Hey, we ALL need correcting at times.)

I try to be good, but Lord knows. I am FAAAAAR from saintly. I wouldn't be with a wife, but she could certainly help to polish these rough edges of mine. Zorro

Last edited by Toro on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Strider1002 wrote:

Inconceivable!
I know. It's quite a new theory...but hey...there it is.

afro 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Yeah you're right Sharon. I emailed them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:24 pm

the real tragedy in all this is I didn't get any potato salad Sad
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Strider1002 wrote:

Inconceivable!
I know. It's quite a new theory...but hey...there it is.

afro 

Last edited by Toro on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:27 pm

I'm really tired today. I don't really feel like cooking or anything. I just want to drink tea. My tea makes me sleepy though so I don't know if I should. I haven't decided if I should go to practice tonight or not.

My brother just asked me if I want to go out and get pizza. I don't want to go anywhere though. I'm so lazy/tired.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Um, fellas. Take it from a woman who knows exactly how women think: It wasn't a one-time-thing.  

I'm as laidback as laidback can get myself, but I recognize an issue that needs to be addressed when I see one. It has nothing to do with one who received the advances, but rather it's the principle of the matter. This woman is at work...you simply do not talk that way to customers. End of story.
I guess I see it as choosing your battles. It is really worth filing a complaint, talking to a manager, just because someone at the deli made a pass at you?

You should go back, and say "No I won't come over to your place, but you're welcome to come to a Bible study with me" Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:29 pm

:shock:  you...you just turned down pizza?????
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:41 pm

Pizza? Yummy 

Yes please.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:41 pm

Saucy wrote:
haha yeah it's adorable. Our little Squeaky is growing up!  Razz
Well hey...I'm 23 going on 4. Gotta grow up sometime. Cool... Razz

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Squeaks, you're like one of these people who, when they start talking, everyone immediately shuts up and gives you their undivided attention like..."Ooh. The Squeaks is talking. Let's all listen."

You're just that cool. afro 
Funny you should say that...believe it or not, quite often I have people that cut me off and/or don't pay much attention to what I say. Or I start talking and they talk over me.... >.>

But it's good to know I'm part of the cool cats. Cool Superman 

Toro wrote:
New apt. keys are in my hands. Very Happy

I will be moving in piece by piece til Sunday.
Oooo, congrats, man! So exciting! Cheer! 

Saucy wrote:
the real tragedy in all this is I didn't get any potato salad Sad
Bwahahaha! Zomigosh...that totally made me laugh. Laugh

And I totally agree with Sharon...tell management about it! I know for a fact that if my manager heard about that and then told the owner, I'd be cut so fast it'd make my head spin. Wah 
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Squeakers wrote:
Suspect Okay, so if you are so excited.... when you coming to see me? meanie head. Sput!
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Saucy wrote:
:shock:  you...you just turned down pizza?????
I'm too poor for pizza. But I did stick a pot of rice on the stove. Hopefully it doesn't burn this time. Very Happy I added a little extra water just incase. Unfortunately we didn't have any broth to add flavoring. But if it doesn't burn maybe I can make fried rice tomorrow with the extra. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I'm too poor for pizza.
Aww, come over and I'll order one..... dang it, now I REALLY want a pizza. Unbelievable
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Toro wrote:
Squeakers wrote:
Suspect Okay, so if you are so excited.... when you coming to see me? meanie head. Sput!
Meanie head...you gotta come see me first! Sput!
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:07 pm

The rice turned out ^_^ I made way too much. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Squeakers wrote:
Toro wrote:
Squeakers wrote:
:suspect:Okay, so if you are so excited.... when you coming to see me? meanie head. Sput!
Meanie head...you gotta come see me first! Sput!
Hey, NO FAIR! you cant throw what I just said to you back at me. It's.... it's not fair! Sput!

The rice turned out ^_^ I made way too much. ^_^
Oh oh oh, if its red beans and rice can I come finish the bowl? Huh huh can I huh?

Well, it's not a pizza, but I was sitting here. Minding my own beeswax.... Suspect when suddenly I smelled cooking burritos for some reason. So I solved the "phantom" burrito smell by actually making some.... now.... to wait til they are cooked. Cool 

Last edited by Toro on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:15 pm

OOOHHHH I love to make fried rice! I'm not good with making the actual rice Very Happy but can make an awesome fried rice (as long as someone else boils it first Razz )
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Saucy, it's not that hard to boil rice. Razz Practice makes better. I did burn it a few times... but half the time or more than half the time I didn't burn it. Wink It still boiled over a little bit this time though.
Have you considered using a rice cooker? I've heard those are easier. Though I prefer the cheaper method of just cooking it on the stove. ^_^

Toro I didn't make any beans but we have some in the cupboard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Every time I cook it, it's usually not cooked long enough and still a tad crunchy or I add too much water or it's burned and sticky at the bottom of the pan. I don't think I've ever made a perfect batch of rice.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Wait, you...... has red beans and only made the rice?.... Suspect  I KNEW you Californians were crazy. Now there is evidence to prove it. Sput!
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Saucy wrote:
Every time I cook it, it's usually not cooked long enough and still a tad crunchy or I add too much water or it's burned and sticky at the bottom of the pan.  I don't think I've ever made a perfect batch of rice.  
Crunchy rice.... Suspect 
Try again! Perhaps follow some directions you can find. See if it says on the rice container any suggestions for time. And have the temperature on very low so it doesn't run out of water or boil over. Add a tiny bit extra water than called for so that it doesn't burn.

Toro wrote:

Wait, you...... has red beans and only made the rice?.... Suspect  I KNEW you Californians were crazy. Now there is evidence to prove it. Sput!
I don't like beans.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Spunkn wrote:
I guess I see it as choosing your battles.  It is really worth filing a complaint, talking to a manager, just because someone at the deli made a pass at you?

You should go back, and say "No I won't come over to your place, but you're welcome to come to a Bible study with me" Razz 
Oh, I would have absolutely said something like that to them in reply. And very calmly, too. But I still have to disagree about not talking to the manager. Flirting is one thing, but to boldly say 'I think you're really hot' and proceed to ask if they'd be interested in 'going home and fooling around'...Um, how 'bout no.

My 'filing a complaint' would simply be pulling the manager aside and simply letting he/she know what occurred as an FYI, afterall...the next customer who receives such a 'pass' may not take it as well as I am and might make a huge stink about it. I think a lot of managers would appreciate knowing if such antics towards the customers by their employees is going on. Sometimes giving a kind 'heads up' to a manager is doing them a favor.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Saucy wrote:
OOOHHHH I love to make fried rice!  I'm not good with making the actual rice :Dbut can make an awesome fried rice (as long as someone else boils it first Razz)
What exactly do you mean by fried rice? ...Do you mean like 'Spanish' rice? Like what you eat with Mexican.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next