ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+17
Bristecom
Ninzae
Toro
PinkSweetart
Apricity
Miles
Jess9450
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
wannaberocker
Squeakers
Hadassah
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
TX_CO_Matt
Spunkn
Miss Spaulding
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Apricity
Apricity

What's on your mind? - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:25 pm

I don't know if I have ever eaten anything like that Saucy, does that taste good?

Miss Spaulding, that's great! I like having long naps when I can! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:27 pm

Lol. I have been tired because I definitely wasn't expecting to sleep so long and o soundly.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:28 pm

The noodles are a little bland. I reckon I will have to wait for that personal lesson from Sharon on how to properly cook noodles/rice Very Happy the chimichangas are okay, but were frozen. A decent meal on the run. I went to the store earlier to get lunch stuff for work, but forgot about dinners Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:30 pm

Ramen noodles are better than these. Yuck.

Last edited by Saucy on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Lol. I have been tired because I definitely wasn't expecting to sleep so long and o soundly.
Well, it's good you got some good rest then! Very Happy

Saucy wrote:
The noodles are a little bland.  I reckon I will have to wait for that personal lesson from Sharon on how to properly cook noodles/rice Very Happy the chimichangas are okay, but were frozen.  A decent meal on the run.  I went to the store earlier to get lunch stuff for work, but forgot about dinners Very Happy
Oh, alright! Noodles and rice aren't too hard to cook once you get some practice! Wink

Reminds me that I need to start cooking more than I do. Lately I have just been making myself sandwiches. Although I did make soup a few days ago, but I really want to start cooking more than I have been. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:35 pm

yeah I'm in the beginning phase of teaching myself how to cook. My dad was an amazing chef and managed big restaurant chains like Red Lobster, Olive Garden and even owned his own pizza shop. But my sister got the cooking gene haha. I'm just a writer Razz But she's always cooking all this awesome stuff I didn't know she could cook!!
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Saucy wrote:
yeah I'm in the beginning phase of teaching myself how to cook.  My dad was an amazing chef and managed big restaurant chains like Red Lobster, Olive Garden and even owned his own pizza shop.  But my sister got the cooking gene haha.  I'm just a writer :PBut she's always cooking all this awesome stuff I didn't know she could cook!!  
He did? That is great! Yeah, it does take a lot of work to learn to cook I think. My mom let me start when I was a little girl, and I loved it, especially making messes. I have dropped things, burned things, made all sorts of mistakes in the process, so it does take time. If mom hadn't let me start young, I think I would have had more trouble now. Even now I mess up a lot (mostly because I forget to set a timer or mix up ingredients). It is almost like an art. But I am certain it has nothing to do with genetics! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Yeah I guess you just have to be good at measurements and maths and everything has to be done perfectly. That's totally not my way lol. The few things I can cook, I can do it well, but I'm getting better. Other things I just can't seem to grasp, but maybe it'll come to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:01 pm

So what's everyone up to tonight?? Smile
Back to top Go down
jaapottery

jaapottery

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Sleepy Hollow is on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:04 pm

that's a cool show Smile
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:06 pm

My family amuses me. We just had a bbq. Also I pointed out a black widow spider to my mom before we started cooking and she killed it. Very Happy I probably would have just left it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Mmm BBQ *drools*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm watching Geneology Roadshow. Very fascinating stuff. I'm still trying to get a handle on my family beyond some great-grandparents. Sharon and I have a bet on if I'm Scottish or Irish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Sooo. It's only 19 more days until I'm officially a 'spinster'. All my siblings will be married off...leaving me the last one standing.

I should throw myself a Spinster Party.
May I join this party? Cool 

Random things on my mind:

~ I had two dreams last night...both included Subtle Sociopath from work. >.>
In the one, he actually asked me out on a date. This shocked me to no end, because I get the idea he's not even remotely interested in real girls (he's a serious gamer and loves his Justice League comics). Not only that, but honestly, I am in no wise interested in him. I mean, I kinda like him and we do get along, but bf/gf...? NO.
In the second dream, he and I were walking down an alleyway and happened upon this very strange factory outlet shop that sold 'liquid meat'. I have no clue how they made it, but it was GROSS and so SS and I tried to put a stop to the factory. I have no clue how we did it, but my dream ended with the both of us walking away from the now closed shop, satisfied that we put that place out of business.

~ I think I told you guys how Manager at work would call me Jennifer, right? Well...just in case I didn't, yeah...she's been calling me Jennifer instead of Stephanie because, as she put it, I 'look like a Jennifer'. So...there's that...but now Ducky (one of the recent new girls) is being called Stephanie. Miss Pattycake mistook her for me and kept calling her Stephanie instead of Ducky one night and from there it just sorta stuck. Now the big joke in the deli is that I have a 'twin' and SS is trying to get everyone to call me Steph 1 and Ducky Steph 2.
Well...Manager heard about it and grinned.
"No, she's not 1...she's Jennifer," she commented, then pointed to Ducky. "And she's Stephanie." Doh! 

~ I'm kinda nervous about tomorrow. I've been put on the early morning 'sandwich' shift...which means I'll be making sandwiches and salads to put on the shelf. It doesn't sound so bad...except for the fact that I'm doing it for the first time during our biggest sale of the year. A couple of my co-workers even mentioned that it seemed like 'feeding a lamb to the wolves' the way our upper managment decided to stick me on that shift during the anniversary sale. I get it three times this week...joy.

~ This is a bit more joyful news than the above...I've been interacting a bit more with my crush. Very Happy
The other day, I just so happened to be walking down the aisle he was stocking (ahem), and decided to trick him. I had just sliced some tomatoes in the deli and so my gloves were still a bit damp from tomato juice. As I was quickly walking down the aisle to go up front to the office, I held up a gloved hand and said 'high-five!' on my way by. He did so without even thinking about it...and next thing I heard while walking away was 'aw...ew...thanks!'. I giggled and told him that it was only tomato juice before disappearing around the corner. I was smiley for a while after that.
Another instance was during my lunch break. I was able to sit with him for about 10 minutes before I had to go inside again. We lightly chatted (about what, I forget...), but it was very pleasant.
And did I ever mention that my crush has beautiful blue-grey eyes? Zomigosh...I love looking into his eyes. In love 

...I just realized almost every time I post now, it's like I'm writing a book....
Kudos to the peoples that actually read all of my posts. >.> ... Razz

ETA: My 200th post! w00t w00t! :face: 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:34 pm

that's too cute Squeaky Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Squeakers wrote:

...I just realized almost every time I post now, it's like I'm writing a book....
It makes sense, because you post less, but your posts are longer. One post for you is like five for everyone else Razz
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:11 pm

Saucy wrote:
that's too cute Squeaky Very Happy
I bet you're talkin' about the crush stuff, eh? Razz

Strider1002 wrote:
Squeakers wrote:

It makes sense, because you post less, but your posts are longer. One post for you is like five for everyone else Razz
More than likely, that's the reason why. I like to keep y'all in the loop a bit, even when I'm not here. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:19 pm

haha yeah it's adorable. Our little Squeaky is growing up! Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:27 am

Squeaks, you're like one of these people who, when they start talking, everyone immediately shuts up and gives you their undivided attention like..."Ooh. The Squeaks is talking. Let's all listen."

You're just that cool. afro 
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:34 am

Some days I really feel the age / maturity gap here....

Granted it could be much worse at a secular college, so for that I'm thankful.
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:18 am

It is my bestfriend's birthday.
He is a sweet South Indian guy.
So blessed to have him in my life.
Another proof that it is actually
possible to be really good friends with the
opposite sex.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:51 am

My neighbors are quite loud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:41 am

This day is a mixed of happiness and sadness.
A friend's birthday.
A beloved family from the church leaving for China.
*sigh*

...and in 4 hrs I have to be in church for
the volunteer's day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:49 am

It's a beautiful fall morning! Fairly chilly and sunny Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next