ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+19
PinkSweetart
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
mina
Ninzae
Ethnog
TX_CO_Matt
Paulie079
Hadassah
Toro
Spunkn
OneHappyCookie
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
wannaberocker
Apricity
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Toro

Toro

What's on your mind? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:39 pm

OneHappyCookie wrote:
Any ideas for things to do during a heat advisory?
I think I'm starting to come down with a case of summer "cabin fever"...

Bored, bored, bored...

Careful, you may end up crazy like me.... then what would you do? :bounce:

You could. ummm..... pester people on the forum? Sput!
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Toro wrote:
OneHappyCookie wrote:
Any ideas for things to do during a heat advisory?
I think I'm starting to come down with a case of summer "cabin fever"...

Bored, bored, bored...

Careful, you may end up crazy like me.... then what would you do? :bounce:

You could. ummm..... pester people on the forum? Sput!

LOL I do enough of that without a heat advisory keeping me cooped up in here. Maybe I'll risk the heat and go out to Target or something. Somewhere with A/C.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:52 pm

OneHappyCookie wrote:

LOL I do enough of that without a heat advisory keeping me cooped up in here. Maybe I'll risk the heat and go out to Target or something. Somewhere with A/C.

Fine! Be that way Sput!

What's on your mind? - Page 6 Internet_surfing_bored_kittehs

Will you at least buy me some clothes while you are so bored? I hate clothes shopping.... theres not a boredom in the world that makes clothes shopping exciting to me. lol! 

It's why if I ever marry my wife will love me.... she can dress me however she wishes cause I am far to hateful of clothes shopping to go buy other clothes. Unless the clothes are fishnet, tight or pink, Id wear them. Suspect Laughing
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:11 pm

I am wondering if the group buy for a Stromung exhaust will go through. It will be expensive but it will be: Very rare indeed to have an exhaust specifically designed for my car, it will take my car back to the dual outlet tips as it should be instead of the single, it will last a LONG time so the cost will even out in the end, it will sound so.... :bigeye:good. Vrooooooooooom..... vroooooom.

Also, if the friend can track down and import the front end from Japan........ my car shall go from..
(not my actual car)

What's on your mind? - Page 6 Honda_legend_large

to

What's on your mind? - Page 6 Honda_legend_11885

Big Eye
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:33 pm

Toro wrote:

Seee? How many times has Toro told you how great you are?

But, NOOOOO, no one listens to the bull.... Disappointed 

Of course their first response to me talking is " affraid A talking bull!"

But sure after the novelty wears off.... no one listens.... oh sure if I had a TV show and told women what books to read and I were a big black woman (Wait is Oprah still big? I dont care enough to keep track Sput!) then people would listen.... but I am a bull a simple, simple bull.

It will lead to very great things for you Ethie.... I stake my horns on it.... if Im right you will owe me big time..... like..... tacos for life! Nod Yummy

Thats a great picture Ethie wish I could join you on a hike it looks so much more scenic than the flat landscape of Houston.

don't ya ever get tired of the whole "im toro the bull" thing?

I mean you are a man, I like talking to you as a man. Sure the whole "im a Bull" thing is funny sometimes.

But, its a little weird too cause iv never heard you calling yourself a Man. You always refer to yourself as a bull or something like that.

Its kinda like reading someone's comments who refers to themselves in the third person.

Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:38 pm

so tired....

Sleep 
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:10 pm

wannaberocker wrote:

don't ya ever get tired of the whole "im toro the bull" thing?

I mean you are a man, I like talking to you as a man. Sure the whole "im a Bull" thing is funny sometimes.

But, its a little weird too cause iv never heard you calling yourself a Man. You always refer to yourself as a bull or something like that.

Its kinda like reading someone's comments who refers to themselves in the third person.

Suspect  Nope, If I did, I wouldn't do it any more. I speak of myself in third person as well because I feel like it. Both are a passing joke (passing meaning not intended to be funny but keep it light hearted). I dont talk about myself in third person while having a face to face conversation, I also don't call myself a bull in person either.

Meaning can EASILY be assigned by the readers mood and not the actual intent in written form because they put their own meaning behind it, it is one reason why there are so many arguments between posters on CF and here (when it is between two regulars that normally are respectful of each other, not the trolls) but if I say:

"You never listen to me." That COULD be taken as an actual offense and someone think I am truly upset, when in written form, without tone or facial expressions to convey it as playful.

However the same thing said with something so ridiculous added to it as "I am a bull typing this message" its pretty clear the person typing it is being stupid (playful) or is a psychopath that needs serious psychiatric evaluation.

IF the person reading it is in a good playful mood they will come back with a playful comment. IF they are in a bad mood, they will see its intent, but because they had a bad day, they will simply ignore it and move on.... without an argument breaking out.

Last edited by Toro on Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:15 pm

I think it would be strange if someone kept posting "I am a man"....

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

Yes, especially if you did, seeing as we all know you are actually a Dandelion Jedi. Sput!
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Yeah, it's okay if I say I'm a Jedi though. But I'm really only an apprentice still. *Uses jedi mind trick* "you think I'm a jedi master"
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Yeah, it's okay if I say I'm a Jedi though. But I'm really only an apprentice still. *Uses jedi mind trick* "you think I'm a jedi master"

Yes, you are a Jedi master...... but....... I know Chuck Norris..... memes.

What's on your mind? - Page 6 366ae0
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:04 pm

I'm amused by those AT&T commercials where they ask kids questions. Stuff like that makes me look forward to fatherhood Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Toro wrote:
OneHappyCookie wrote:

Fine! Be that way Sput!

What's on your mind? - Page 6 Internet_surfing_bored_kittehs

Will you at least buy me some clothes while you are so bored? I hate clothes shopping.... theres not a boredom in the world that makes clothes shopping exciting to me. lol! 

It's why if I ever marry my wife will love me.... she can dress me however she wishes cause I am far to hateful of clothes shopping to go buy other clothes. Unless the clothes are fishnet, tight or pink, Id wear them. Suspect Laughing

I went window shopping, which was nice.

OH and I got cornered by a Pentacostal who was talking to me about the Bible. He was interesting, his name is Roy. He was trying to get me to attend a Pentacostal church...seemed to think they were the only true church. I'm guessing this guy gets rejected by people all the time because he seemed really excited that I was actually talking to him. After a while though he started getting really clingy as I continued to browse the section of the store he met me in. Saying that I wasn't rejecting him by ignoring him, that I was rejecting the one in him.

Dude, I'm just window shopping. Not allowed to talk to you and look at books at the same time?
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
I'm amused by those AT&T commercials where they ask kids questions. Stuff like that makes me look forward to fatherhood Smile

Lol. Yes, I like those ones too. It makes me laugh even more because the dude talking to the kids is so me. Razz I swear, that's so how I act with kids. I love being 'serious' with them.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:40 pm

OneHappyCookie wrote:
I went window shopping, which was nice.

OH and I got cornered by a Pentacostal who was talking to me about the Bible. He was interesting, his name is Roy. He was trying to get me to attend a Pentacostal church...seemed to think they were the only true church.  I'm guessing this guy gets rejected by people all the time because he seemed really excited that I was actually talking to him. After a while though he started getting really clingy as I continued to browse the section of the store he met me in. Saying that I wasn't rejecting him by ignoring him, that I was rejecting the one in him.

Dude, I'm just window shopping. Not allowed to talk to you and look at books at the same time?

I've been approached by similar dudes before. It's always an interesting experience.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:13 pm

There was a little ginger kid at the grocery store, sitting in his mom's cart as she checked out... he had such a big, goofy smile on his face that I couldn't help but break out into an equally goofy smile as I passed.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Lol! Aw. I love the young, overly sociable ones that wave and greet every passerby in stores. My niece Sydney was like this. It was so cute.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:25 pm

What should I do?

Night Gallery on Hulu? Or Mission Impossible (the show) on Netflix?
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Toro wrote:

Suspect  Nope, If I did, I wouldn't do it any more. I speak of myself in third person as well because I feel like it. Both are a passing joke (passing meaning not intended to be funny but keep it light hearted). I dont talk about myself in third person while having a face to face conversation, I also don't call myself a bull in person either.

Meaning can EASILY be assigned by the readers mood and not the actual intent in written form because they put their own meaning behind it, it is one reason why there are so many arguments between posters on CF and here (when it is between two regulars that normally are respectful of each other, not the trolls) but if I say:

"You never listen to me." That COULD be taken as an actual offense and someone think I am truly upset, when in written form, without tone or facial expressions to convey it as playful.

However the same thing said with something so ridiculous added to it as "I am a bull typing this message" its pretty clear the person typing it is being stupid (playful) or is a psychopath that needs serious psychiatric evaluation.

IF the person reading it is in a good playful mood they will come back with a playful comment. IF they are in a bad mood, they will see its intent, but because they had a bad day, they will simply ignore it and move on.... without an argument breaking out.

I do ignore it most of the times. But, there are times when I do get annoyed by it.

Its really not out of dislike or anything for you personally on my behalf. Its simply annoyance and partially based on my world view of normality.

I understand people make jokes and say silly things. Its just iv never meet anyone like you, so you sort of don't fit that mold of normality that I hold.

It's just hard for me to sometimes believe how a grown man can continue to make the same joke for months and still find it entertaining.

But, yeah I understand my annoyance is my problem and not yours.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:27 pm

seriously, Ok.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
What should I do?

Night Gallery on Hulu? Or Mission Impossible (the show) on Netflix?

:scratch: Depends on your mood.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:43 pm

I was at the dollar section at Target and they have so many classic books for a dollar.
So I got Anne of Green Gables. I'm excited to read it again!
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:50 pm

Dollar books, you say? Smirk 
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:56 pm

I love Anne of Green Gables; I want to go to PEI!
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Yes! I love cheap books.

I need to take a shower and relax to read. I am exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next