ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+19
PinkSweetart
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
mina
Ninzae
Ethnog
TX_CO_Matt
Paulie079
Hadassah
Toro
Spunkn
OneHappyCookie
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
wannaberocker
Apricity
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ethnog

Ethnog

What's on your mind? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 12:52 am

My brother and sis in laws family are headed to Florida with make a wish foundation!
I wish I could be with them but I'm happy Arthur is going to have this... That little boy is a fighter!
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 12:55 am

Ethnog wrote:
My brother and sis in laws family are headed to Florida with make a wish foundation!
I wish I could be with them but I'm happy Arthur is going to have this... That little boy is a fighter!

That's awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:01 am

I want to do a color run! or a mud run!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:04 am

My goal is to do the warrior dash next summer, which is basically the same as a mud run I've been told.
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:09 am

I want to do the Jiggle Butt 5K but I already missed it for this year.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:31 am

The guy who's with me in training annoys me sometimes. Especially when he says stuff like "I like making money" or "I like making money to much to goof off".

Im sorry, but money is the last thing on my mind everyday.

Im not saying I don't like having money. Its just that when I made twice as much as I do right now, I still didn't care. Making more or less money has had little to no impact on my life.

I guess my mindset is down to not being married n having a family of my own. I guess if I was married and had responsibility, id care about money a little more. But considering im just a single man who dosnt waste his money, Making money is really not a huge motivational factor for me. As long as I have enough to meet some basic financial needs or recreational needs, im content.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:34 am

wannaberocker wrote:
The guy who's with me in training annoys me sometimes. Especially when he says stuff like "I like making money" or "I like making money to much to goof off".

Im sorry, but money is the last thing on my mind everyday.

Im not saying I don't like having money. Its just that when I made twice as much as I do right now, I still didn't care. Making more or less money has had little to no impact on my life.

I guess my mindset is down to not being married n having a family of my own. I guess if I was married and had responsibility, id care about money a little more. But considering im just a single man who dosnt waste his money, Making money is really not a huge motivational factor for me.

This reminds me of the Romanians I worked with at a grocery store in Jackson Hole, WY.  Of course all of them weren't this way, but quite a few were.  They come over to the US of for a period of time, work 2-3 jobs all day long for 6 months or so, then go back to Romania and spend it all.  

My manager was talking to me about hours once, and wondered if I'd rather have some time off, or work some extra hours.  I said I'd rather have some time off.  Two of the Romanians nearby just looked at me like I had committed the ultimate sin or something lol.  I just shrugged and said time is more valuable to me right now.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:51 am

Goin' to bed, boss!
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 2:48 am

Everywhere I turn at work someone is talking about me with someone else at work!
The other day the other closing teacher was talking to the supervisor about me.
I don't know if I should be flattered or tell them to find a new subject already!
But I find it amusing actually because I don't see what the big deal is but apparently they think I'm the "new fresh face."
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 2:55 am

We all need to get Ethie's autograph before she becomes a big celebrity and makes the millions.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:07 am

Ethnog wrote:
Everywhere I turn at work someone is talking about me with someone else at work!
I don't know if I should be flattered or tell them to find a new subject already!
But I find it amusing actually because I don't see what the big deal is but apparently they think I'm the "new fresh face."

I told you Ethie, you are just, that, darn, awesome.

Anyone spews hate bout you they are jealous. Anyone talking normal about you is wise and shows it by their draw to you.

Anyone not talking about you, simply doesnt know you. Smile

Ethie can keep her millions and her signature, but she better give me a hug......Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:25 am

Ethnog wrote:
This afternoon I registered for the color run in November! I'm excited!

Smile Great, what color will you be?

I will be Red, White and Blue...

What's on your mind? - Page 5 These-colors-dont-run
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:10 am

Ethnog wrote:

It sounds like you are making quite a positive impression on them. And I wouldn't expect anything different.
Even though them talking about you may make you feel a bit uneasy, from the sounds of things I bet they would be open to suggestions from you. Think of the difference you could make at this school in general. Smile

On my mind: What to wear to a bachlorette party tomorrow. Seriously, I went shopping twice and came up with too many outfit ideas. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I just ... don't know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amber.ly

Amber.ly

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:01 am

Rayofsun wrote:

On my mind: What to wear to a bachlorette party tomorrow. Seriously, I went shopping twice and came up with too many outfit ideas. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I just ... don't know Very Happy

Anything shiny, sassy and classy Wink
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:38 am

Toro wrote:
Ethnog wrote:

I told you Ethie, you are just, that, darn, awesome.

Anyone spews hate bout you they are jealous. Anyone talking normal about you is wise and shows it by their draw to you.

Anyone not talking about you, simply doesnt know you. Smile

Ethie can keep her millions and her signature, but she better give me a hug......Suspect 

They aren't saying anything bad.
The closing teacher was nagging the director that if he leaves the director should give me his position to me. He also wants me to do both opening and closing. The directors also wants me to do both as well! If it was close to home I would have jumped on the chance but It would be impossible and my health would suffer. So we are working on changing hours to opening.
This week I did their curriculum work and they were so excited they told me they would buy me lunch or do anything I wanted lol. I told them I loved doing the work! I really do. And now I will present the DRDP (developmental rating profile for assessment). I showed them a little yesterday but ill continue more in the coming week. They freaked out a little when I talked to them about being audited. They were all nervous but truly it can happen anytime and you have to be prepared always!
Plus I added that if you want people to take your work seriously and not see you as a babysitter then you need to show the level of work you do and the assessments to show/prove the child's development. It shows people your competency as a teacher  and most importantly the child gets the right kind of help or placed in the correct level bases on their stage of development.
We will see how it goes!
Each time I've hated being placed in a situation that made me feel like I'm going back then forward God has used me to get even better at my work. I feel valued at this school and I won't feel or experience that if I transfer! I know that for sure. I'm going on on another interview soon. If I get the job ill open there and close near home. If I don't, I can open there and take an afternoon shift near home. And then within a year ill be off of probation and can start applying for full time work!
God has been good to me. I don't know where this will lead me but at least I feel happy going to work. I haven't felt that excitement in a long while.

/endsoapbox
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:31 am

It's too hot out. Summer in the south is like winter in the north.
There are times when the weather just doesn't permit travel without extensive prep.
Instead of a fire, book, and soup it's watermelon juice and A/C.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 11:34 am

Spunkn wrote:

This reminds me of the Romanians I worked with at a grocery store in Jackson Hole, WY.  Of course all of them weren't this way, but quite a few were.  They come over to the US of for a period of time, work 2-3 jobs all day long for 6 months or so, then go back to Romania and spend it all.  

My manager was talking to me about hours once, and wondered if I'd rather have some time off, or work some extra hours.  I said I'd rather have some time off.  Two of the Romanians nearby just looked at me like I had committed the ultimate sin or something lol.  I just shrugged and said time is more valuable to me right now.

I guess circumstances make a difference. But even then I don't understand the hunger for money some people have.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Sometimes I want to give up going up the hill. I want it to end when its hard to breath and my feet can't take another step. And then we I'm at the top I can't believe how I even got up there. Going down I feel a sense of relief and then when I look up at the mountain I still can't believe I did all of that!

7 more miles down.

What's on your mind? - Page 5 11465210
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Yay! I'm glad work is going well, ethnog Smile

Also that sounds like an awesome hike Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Thank you!

It was. And now I'm so lazy to get things done.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:49 pm

That's understandable after a long hike. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:13 pm

That is an awesome picture, Ethie. That view is just breathtaking.
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:26 pm

I made the most delicious brownies from scratch. Who would have thought that an old recipe could be made better with one ingredient. Now time to make cupcakes for the baby shower. I should stop telling people I can bake lol. Too bad I enjoy it too much.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Ethnog wrote:
/endsoapbox

Seee? How many times has Toro told you how great you are?

But, NOOOOO, no one listens to the bull.... Disappointed 

Of course their first response to me talking is " affraid A talking bull!"

But sure after the novelty wears off.... no one listens.... oh sure if I had a TV show and told women what books to read and I were a big black woman (Wait is Oprah still big? I dont care enough to keep track Sput!) then people would listen.... but I am a bull a simple, simple bull.

It will lead to very great things for you Ethie.... I stake my horns on it.... if Im right you will owe me big time..... like..... tacos for life! Nod Yummy

Thats a great picture Ethie wish I could join you on a hike it looks so much more scenic than the flat landscape of Houston.
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Any ideas for things to do during a heat advisory?
I think I'm starting to come down with a case of summer "cabin fever"...

Bored, bored, bored...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next