ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skin care

Go down 
+9
Amber.ly
PinkSweetart
mina
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
Toro
Jess9450
wannaberocker
Ethnog
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

Skin care  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:17 am

Hmm im thinking about buying a new cologne. Wonder which one I should get.

oh wrong thread. This post was meant for the fashion / style thread.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:15 pm

wannaberocker wrote:
Hmm im thinking about buying a new cologne. Wonder which one I should get.

oh wrong thread. This post was meant for the fashion / style thread.

I totally recommend D&G light blue for men. I don't like the one for women but the one for men is amazing.
And Gucci pour homme ii. Oh that is even more amazing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:59 pm

I know there was a cologne my ex would sometimes wear that I really liked, but darn if I can remember the name of it Sad

Just... please... for the love of all that is good and holy... stay away from Axe.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Axe is great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 1:07 pm

oh dear... ethie, don't go to the dark side!
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Normally I wear Drakkar Noir, Nautica Blue, Coolwater, Cuba Black, Cuba Gray, Stetson Sierra.

I have a few I never wear cause in searching for a new scent I bought a bunch of cheap ones. I have yet to smell Ethies suggestion of D&G however.

Ones I cant wear, Cruve Crush. ACK!!! I feel like a transvestite prostitute wearing that stuff. Its got tones of masculine and feminine in it and its really quite nauseating. Nautica Voyage (Smells like a musky watermelon..... so its up there with curve crush, except unlike crush, it doesnt smell bad, just not something I want to smell like. It would work as a car air freshener though.

Cant wear, regular stetson, stetson black, stetson clean,  I wear nomral nautica around the house cause its not bad, just flat. I cant wear Gray Flannel either, that stuff smells like soap laced baby oil.

I've worn Axe, but the Axe I wore was special edition (Yes, really rare stuff Razz) and the only time I would wear it is if I stink and its the only alternative. It doesn't last long so its a case of "I have to go talk to this lady for a second, I cant go in there smelling of sweat so.... quick spray (not all over either)

I think Axe has gained so much hate because of how people wear it, thinking they need to coat their body in a layer of axe.

Some of the smells aren't bad.... but again, even a good smell can turn bad if people over do it. I wouldnt want to use it as my go to, but axe is okay in a pinch IF used wisely.

Cologne and body sprays should ACCENT your personal natural scent.... NOT cover it up or allow you to be smelled 3 blocks away and an hour after you leave.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 4:34 pm

What's wrong with Axe?
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Early one beautiful morning I was about to leave my college after an early morning run/walk class; and I walked past a guy who was wearing so much cologne that it made me gag.. and I totally wished that it was BO instead.
Sigh

Toro wrote:
Cologne and body sprays should ACCENT your personal natural scent.... NOT cover it up or allow you to be smelled 3 blocks away and an hour after you leave.
I wish everyone knew this...
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:22 pm

And here I thought that my cologne was supposed to change global weather patterns...
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

I wish everyone knew this...

I simply put it on both sides of my neck below my ears so it will warm with my body and mix with my natural scent.

Its funny cause coolwater mixes well with it, its why I wore it since I was 17, but about a year or so ago I wanted something new so I bought a bunch of cheap alternatives (Coolwater is cheap, but it used to not be) I like to make cheap stuff look and smell good. Very Happy

I mean, after all, what good is getting a lady to notice you if you cant afford to take her to dinner after you talk to her.

Besides, I can be charming, I don't need my clothes and cologne to do ALL the talking. Cool Laughing 

What I thought was funny is a friend I used to work with had a man tell him he smelled good (Wasn't a gay man as far as I know, he just was unaware of the unspoken rule between men. One rule, NEVER tell another man he smells good. EVER! )

It lead to much Toro laughter and mocking of my friend....

"Boy...... you sure smell pretty!" lol! 

To be met with: "You wanna die today?"

and me saying "Oh, but you smell so heavenly.... can I just sniff you all day?"

Friend: "Shut up"

Me: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:56 pm

^if only it wasn't illegal in 9 countries lol.

I check out the Gucci and D&G ones Ethie.

Axe is alright. The only problem with Axe is that the smell goes away after 30 mins and it becomes useless after that point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Axe is the destroyer of noses. It should be illegal to wear it, but alas my attempts at getting the government to take it seriously have been met with much laughter. Le sigh.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Axe just seems cheap to me. It seems like exactly what every player in the world would wear when trying to pick up random women.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Axe just seems cheap to me. It seems like exactly what every player in the world would wear when trying to pick up random women.

its Cheap which is why the smell only last 30 mins.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:06 pm

little_tigress wrote:
Axe is the destroyer of noses. It should be illegal to wear it, but alas my attempts at getting the government to take it seriously have been met with much laughter. Le sigh.

Well, as you have noticed, I don't leave a scent as I stalk you, although. I HAVE peed on the bushes by your window so all the other stalkers know, thats MY spot. Razz

Strider1002 wrote:

Nah, players buy the expensive stuff because they have to use the same tired cologne that everyone else wears, the same tired lines everyone else uses AND they have to wear the same expensive clothes that everyone else uses (even if its the only pair of nice expensive clothes they have)

Axe is the go to for teens and guys that buy into commercials, the rest of us see it for what it is, an emergency, when its better to smell of whatever scent axe you have than the behind of a donkey.

wannaberocker wrote:

its Cheap which is why the smell only last 30 mins.

Exactly why its good to keep in your car for an emergency (again used sparingly) if you have to do something but stink.

Other than that, there is no real need for it. It's kinda like breath spray for the body. Its no substitute for actually having a clean mouth, its not substitute for actually being clean.... but if you have no alternative.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:12 am

I love D&G the one and Shakiras floral pink perfume. A parent gave me that last year and I thought it would be horrible but its amazing. I get compliments from both men and women when I wear them.
And I love bath and bodies Paris amour! It's my favorite body lotion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:15 am

I don't wear perfume about 99.99% of the time. I get migraines that are scent triggered so I usually play it safe.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:19 am

The teacher I used to work with would get sever allergies attacks. But the parents would still put stuff on the kids. The poor lady!
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:25 am

My standard beauty routine is sunscreen, lip balm, and mascara.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:26 am

My dad has allergies too. So I've never been allowed to wear perfume. The closest thing I have right now is body mist. Which is perfume, but not.

I'm almost nervous to try actual perfume when I get out on my own. Nearly 30 and I've never really tried it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:29 am

little_tigress wrote:
My dad has allergies too. So I've never been allowed to wear perfume. The closest thing I have right now is body mist. Which is perfume, but not.

I'm almost nervous to try actual perfume when I get out on my own. Nearly 30 and I've never really tried it Very Happy

Awww, dont worry. Your hair smells lovely. *deep sniff*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:32 am

little_tigress wrote:

It really is. It's horrible. Especially for people with chemical sensitivities.

BTW have you tried mixing your own scents using essential oils?
I had some lovely ones mixed by a friend of mine in college.
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Speaking of other health and beauty things...

Has anyone here tried biotin? My hairstylist told me it's fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 11:17 pm

Yes I used it for nails and skin but I think it's for hair too.
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 8:55 am

Ethnog wrote:
Yes I used it for nails and skin but I think it's for hair too.

Cool. So you liked it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Skin care
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next