ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Football... the real kind... American!

Go down 
+5
PinkSweetart
wannaberocker
Edwards1984
Toro
Strider1002
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Be honest, Toro. You were the one at Schaub's house yelling at him, weren't you? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Be honest, Toro. You were the one at Schaub's house yelling at him, weren't you? Very Happy
I refuse to answer this until I speak to my lawyer. Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Toro wrote:
Strider1002 wrote:
I refuse to answer this until I speak to my lawyer.  Razz
Smart move.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 5:42 pm

1/3 of suckage under Wade just about complete. Smile

If it were just a draft pick, id still root for a win, but if Wade looks just as bad as Kubiak..... we get first pick AND we keep from making a lateral coaching move( most important part).
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:45 pm

Wade is as bad as Kubiak... if not worse Razz

A baked potato could be a better head coach than him.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:24 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Wade is as bad as Kubiak... if not worse Razz

A baked potato could be a better head coach than him.

Exactly why I feared a single win out of him. Leave McNair to think that MAYBE Wade was our guy.  Suspect 

But the season was worth it. Sure we were 2-14 but, it rid of us Kubiak so I can't call this a losing season.

Suspect Bill O'Brien..... I got my eye on you..... my patience clock with you starts... now. Do me a favor and be the FIRST of those schooled under Belichick to be successful as a HC in the NFL.  Prayer

Now, the wait for next season begins......  Sigh This is gonna be a long wait.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:35 pm

So... anyone who thought the Super Bowl was going to turn out the way it did, raise your hands.

Yeah, me neither. I thought it would be a close game or a blowout the other way, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
So... anyone who thought the Super Bowl was going to turn out the way it did, raise your hands.

Yeah, me neither. I thought it would be a close game or a blowout the other way, perhaps.

I didn't expect it to be THAT bad, but yes. I did.

I KNEW Manning would lose in the SB.... he always does (with the exception of him winning by default because of Rex Grossman)

IF he ever beats a competent QB in the SB, I will stop saying "he can get you there, only to lose it." Til then....... I don't dislike the guy personally, but I DO dislike the way the media portrays him as the GOAT and like he is a demi god that no man shall be mentioned along side him. He is simply a great QB, NOT the GOAT.  Cool

Rings dont make GOAT, but, when they GET to the big show, they SHOULD have more W's than L's. (I know I am a broken record, but someone has to dispel the myth that he is "a god".)
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Strider1002 wrote:

worst. Super Bowl. ever.

Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 2:19 pm

I still think a lot of Peyton's success has come from tricking defenses. Joey Porter said it back in 2006 and it still seems true. He gets the better of a lot of teams that way, but occasionally there's one like the Seahawks who aren't fooled.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 2:45 am

Strider1002 wrote:
I still think a lot of Peyton's success has come from tricking defenses. Joey Porter said it back in 2006 and it still seems true. He gets the better of a lot of teams that way, but occasionally there's one like the Seahawks who aren't fooled.

Agreed, the man can read a defense like nobody else, but that doesn't make him the GOAT. Greatest at reading a D, I could get on board with that assessment, but talent wise, he is simply good.

It's his dedication and ability to read that makes him great. But that ability to read and his dedication isn't enough to give him the GOAT title IMO. Talent I believe has to be a HUGE factor in the GOAT title. (I dont see him as having a "one of a kind" QB talent.
I watch him play and I think, good QB. I don't see anything that makes me say "This guys natural talent REALLY stands out from the rest of the good QBs" outside of his reading the D ability. )
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 8:37 pm

So, what's everyone's college football playoff predictions?

Mine's: Oregon, Alabama, Ohio State, and TCU

What I want: Oregon, Baylor, Ohio State, and TCU
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 2:58 am

At least at this point, I'm thinking it will/should be Oregon, Alabama, Florida State, and Baylor. Don't really feel like Ohio State deserves to get in, but I'm a little biased because I hate the living daylights out of the Buckeyes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scraparcs

scraparcs

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 5:17 pm

I was hoping Arizona would administer yet another smackdown to Oregon...yeah, no. Actually, that might be for the best.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 5:43 pm

scraparcs wrote:
I was hoping Arizona would administer yet another smackdown to Oregon...yeah, no.  Actually, that might be for the best.  

Oregon is probably going to slaughter Florida State, and then hopefully slaughter Alabama.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 12:36 pm

I still don't think Ohio State should've gotten in, but I understand why they did. I do think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they are Ohio State and were the "sexier" choice of the three.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
I still don't think Ohio State should've gotten in, but I understand why they did. I do think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they are Ohio State and were the "sexier" choice of the three.

The Big 12 Commissioner is not happy with the decision either...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11993892/big-12-commissioner-bob-bowlsby-says-conference-reconsider-how-declare-champion
Back to top Go down
scraparcs

scraparcs

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 2:16 am

One touch down means going to the Fiesta Bowl or going to the Toilet Bowl. Geez, it was one touchdown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football... the real kind... American!
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11