ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Football... the real kind... American!

Go down 
+5
PinkSweetart
wannaberocker
Edwards1984
Toro
Strider1002
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:27 pm

How about that Matt McGloin? He's from my alma mater, ya know...
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:29 pm

With the Lions loss, I really hope the Packers get a win today. That would be so huge for them.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:24 pm

I think Kubiak lost the team today, officially. By putting Schaub in there. Sure, Case wasn't doing a whole lot. But its not like Schaub never stalled out, he wasn't ever pulled so quickly. I don't think Case was deserving of the Bench.

Schaub however, after all this time away from the game. He didn't get rusty at ALL, he looked like the same QB he was before warming the bench. Very Happy

If the Raiders D didn't have a case of the drops, it would have been something like 3 interceptions and all Schaub played was the fourth quarter. Very Happy ( Yes, Very Happy is me laughing.... if I DON'T laugh at the train wreck this team has become Id lose my mind.)
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:16 pm

Let's go Panthers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Great win by Denver last night. I was impressed. Not a single sack on Manning Smile
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 3:52 am

Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:53 pm

First pick in the draft, here we come.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Yesss! The Chiefs lost! With a win tonight, the Broncos are securely in first place! (they probably will be anyway if they lose). But going to Arrowhead next weekend, it would be nice to have a two game lead.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Sauceman wrote:
Yesss!  The Chiefs lost!  With a win tonight, the Broncos are securely in first place!  (they probably will be anyway if they lose).  But going to Arrowhead next weekend, it would be nice to have a two game lead.
Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 Horsememe

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Toro wrote:
motto of our season: "tanking for teddy"
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:17 am

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Toro wrote:
motto of our season: "tanking for teddy"
Honestly, I HATE the whole tanking of a season. I can NEVER root for a loss. BUT, my biggest hope is that after all this... Kubiak will be gone.

I don't know for sure he will be, but all things adding up. I seriously don't see how McNair could spin it and keep Kubiak around WITHOUT reliant being set on fire and riots taking place.

Kubiak has LOST this team, he even pulls Hopkins when Case is in the game. Yet he puts him back out there when Schaub is. Showing he wants to see Case fail but give Schaub every weapon he can to make him succeed.

Kubiak is showing now what I have been saying for so long now. We CAN'T make it with him.(I even wanted to see him go when we made the playoffs. I just knew it wouldn't happen.)

While I HATE that this season has looked so bad, at this point, I just don't really care now. I am looking beyond the season to the bright side that this darkness will inevitably lead to. I STILL root for a W in ever game we play, because a #1 pick isn't guaranteed to pay off. (Just look at our first EVER number one pick in David Carr)

I simply said first pick here we come, cause if we AREN'T the worst team in the league, I would be amazed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:28 am

I'd still say Jacksonville is worse.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Sauceman wrote:
I'd still say Jacksonville is worse.
That's not saying much. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Yet again my dumb job causes me to miss an exciting ending. I should just quit. That'll show 'em.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Wow. That's all I can say, wow.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 1:35 am

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Wow. That's all I can say, wow.
Couldn't have said it better myself haha.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 6:31 am

I will be wearing my Texans mandatory gear today even while at home. Razz

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 Houston-texans
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Well maybe you'll get a new coach in the off season. It always surprises me when a very talented team (like Houston and Detroit) has a bad season. That's gotta be a coaching (or the lack of) issue.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Yes, I have been screaming it from the rooftops that we need a new HC for what feels like forever. Kubiak is and always will be predictable. Not to mention he doesn't have the guts it takes to make the type of calls that win a SB.

Kubiak is the poster child for predictable conservatism.

There better be no "maybe" about it, if Kubiak returns it will show me this organization has no desire to be anything more than the joke of the NFL. It will show there is ZERO accountability and that the organization is perfectly fine with mediocrity and being a losing franchise and serving up nothing more than the same craptastic football we had with the Oilers.

Dom Capers lost the team, had a 2-14 season and he was fired.

Gary Kubiak has lost the team, has now lost 10 straight games, something Dom Capers didn't even manage to do and well on his way to a 2-14 season. If he is here next year. I will probably lose it.

As a man I have no ill will towards the man. As a head coach..... I say you can't get lost fast enough.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 9:14 pm

The Chiefs are going to drop this game just like they're dropping all their passes.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 1:18 am

I'm really impressed by the Seahawks' secondary. I wouldn't be upset at all if they went all the way.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Texans play tonight.

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 Jim-Carey_Excited

My fandom demands I watch, I will back my team. Sadly, my give a crap meter is busted if they lose however. Sigh I hate long seasons like this. Smash
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 HD6B24D86

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

I AM RENEWED WITH HOPE FOR THE FUTURE (as long as Wade simply fills in and doesn't take over) Roar!  Circle Run Dance dance Dance 

Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 5:53 pm

I heard the news when I was at lunch. It makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
I heard the news when I was at lunch. It makes sense.
I got a text from a friend a few mins after it happened. I couldn't wait til I could get to a computer and fact check before I got happy. (Make sure it wasn't just rumor)

When I saw it I was so happy. In truth I feel bad for Kubiak and Schaub, they seem like good guys. But this is football.... no room for "good guys" when they can't get it done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football... the real kind... American!
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next