ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Football... the real kind... American!

Go down 
+5
PinkSweetart
wannaberocker
Edwards1984
Toro
Strider1002
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Yeah I'm only a few hours away and considered getting tickets, but things have been slow at work. I think the Broncos come to Detroit next season. But by then, Manning would've won a Super Bowl and retired haha.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:18 am

Wow... I can't remember the last time I saw Peyton under so much pressure. The Colts earned that win.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 8:40 pm

I'm actually not too upset by the loss. I think it was good for Denver to take some pressure off them. Being labeled the best in the league really puts a target on your back.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 1:39 am

Paulie079 wrote:
Texans fans in general have saddened me lately.
How so? I am and always will be a Texans fan. However my anger at this season is NOT solely based on one season. Not even all the seasons since Texans inception.

My anger is based on a long following of the Oilers, then the addition of becoming a Texans fan day 1. The Oilers - Texans have amassed a LOT of failure (about 30 years on my watch).

FINALLY they look as if they will be able to DO something and they catastrophically fail. While I am not surprised (I still suffer from Oilerfanitus, so Murphys law is my acceptance of Houston football.)

I am angry, but I have and always will root for my Texans. From their first Cowboys Vs Texans game (First game EVER played), to their 2-14 season and even still. Make no mistake where my loyalties lie. I was never angry when they just flat out stunk, it was disappointing, but the fall was never that far down.

When they are supposed to be legit contenders however (Some feel are over rated, but still, they were in the conversation for a reason) only to fail so miserably.

I am so angry BECAUSE I am a loyal fan.

Does that mean I am done with them? NEVER!

I AM however done with Schaub (I was a Schaub supporter since day one, even with all his injuries to start his Texans career) and Kubiak. (In truth, I was never really convinced he was "our guy" but I gave him a chance, much longer than most in this league get.)

Sauceman wrote:
Is he better than Schaub?
Time will tell, YES he IS better in some ways (Still a rookie)

But he shows FAAAAAAR more potential than Schaub or Yates.

It isn't that we Texans fans think he is Rogers, Brady or Manning. We simply want to see what it is we have in this kid. For our future, IF we can't get lucky enough to draft a top notch QB soon. Some light at the end of the tunnel.

Most of us (at least in my circle) don't expect Case to save our season (if he does, great.) I root for the win always, but if we don't win I am not as angry as if we played Schaub or Yates, it gives us more to hope for more than simply keeping the status quo.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:46 pm

That was quite a comeback last night. Too bad I didn't get to see the second half.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
That was quite a comeback last night. Too bad I didn't get to see the second half.
Suspect

If it weren't for Case I would lose my mind.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:59 am

I don't fully blame the Texans for the loss Sunday night. If something happens to the coach like that, there's a good chance it's going to throw the team off, we have a new guy calling the plays, Wade can't give his full attention on the defense. They had 20 minutes to make an adjustment and to prepare, and it's not like loosing their quarterback.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:31 pm

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
I don't fully blame the Texans for the loss Sunday night. If something happens to the coach like that, there's a good chance it's going to throw the team off, we have a new guy calling the plays, Wade can't give his full attention on the defense. They had 20 minutes to make an adjustment and to prepare, and it's not like loosing their quarterback.
IF it were the first time they ever sat on a lead and lost it, I wouldn't be so mad.

Being I have seen them lead sit time and time again. I can't put it on the health of Kubiak.

I CAN believe the offense coming out flat and doing nothing in the second half IS on Kubiak not being there.... the other failures.... I can't. Because I have seen it happen way to many times with a healthy Kubiak on the sideline for me to write it off as Kubiaks absence. I can't exactly say I wouldn't expect the same thing to have happened even if Kubiak hadn't collapsed on the field.

In this case however while I am angry that once again we are handed a loss, in a game that should have been a W. I am happy that Kubiak is okay. (As I said, Im not to happy he is our HC, but I don't wish the guy ANY ill will.)
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Well, Dallas fans probably could've told you what would happen when Wade Phillips took over Razz
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Well, Dallas fans probably could've told you what would happen when Wade Phillips took over Razz
I expected it when Wade took over, why do you think I am terrified of them firing Kubiak and we take on Wade as HC?

It is why I have mixed emotions about being rid of Kubaik as HC. I want him gone, but I REALLY don't want Wade to take the spot as I believe is what would most likely happen.

Wade is an upgrade from Kubiak, but not enough so that I want to wait another 8 years before we fired him (Wade) and move on to a coach that is far more competent than Wade and Kubiak combined..... Id be 42 years old before I could have hope of the Texans doing anything of real value.

Kubiak and Wade both do what they do well, but NEITHER of them are cut out to LEAD a team. They have both shown what they can do as HCs and neither of them are all that impressive when they hold the reigns.

I was perfectly okay with Wade coming here for position at DC, but NOT if that meant he would slip into the HC spot when Kubiak left.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Wade should stay where he is and mind the D.

Maybe they can drive a dump truck full of money up to Jon Gruden's house...
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:32 am

Well, from what I read years back (about the time Wade came here) Cowher expressed interest in the job. Not sure how much truth there was to it.... but....

I don't care so much who they bring in, I just don't want someone like Kubiak or Wade.

I want someone that will bring a new attitude to the franchise. I want someone with guts, someone who calls plays for the win. Not a "nice guy" complex like Kubiak or Wade that play not to lose, they don't play to win by going for the throat.

THAT is what has lacked sorely in Houston teams. I don't want them to become a dirty/thug like franchise like the Titans. But you don't have to become a thug to win football games and expect nothing less than a win.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 1:00 am

Yeah, one of those tough guys would be good.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:24 am

Texans losing streak better end tomorrow. Suspect 

Raiders- Im just glad they aren't the Raiders of old. Very Happy

Then we face the Jags..... so that SHOULD be another win right there. Although I expect it to be close even if they are 0-8... Being division rivals, they always seem to play us harder.

Then the Patriots....... I'll guess another loss right there.

Then Jags again, I will guess a win here. Although I wouldn't be shocked to split with the Jags this season.

Then Colts..... thats a loss almost guaranteed. Until we can win in Indy, every @ Indy is a loss.

Broncos...... I will be at that game, but...... I expected that game to matter so much more than it will. Sad

Then the Titans again. IF the Titans are in a hunt for a wild card.......... Oh how I hope we ruin it for them. Nod
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 8:41 pm

The Jags are so bad.

Maybe the NFL should institute a relegation system like the English Soccer.

Where the last team is demoted to a lower level league and the best team in the lower level league is promoted to the top league.

I hate the fact that crap teams and organization's like Jags can go 0-16 and just hold out for a first pick. There is no incentive for them to perform because their goal is to lose all games so they can get the top picks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 8:43 pm

I'm so jealous you'll get to see a Broncos game before me Toro haha. Hope you take some pictures!
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:23 pm

wannaberocker wrote:
The Jags are so bad.

Maybe the NFL should institute a relegation system like the English Soccer.

Where the last team is demoted to a lower level league and the best team in the lower level league is promoted to the top league.

I hate the fact that crap teams and organization's like Jags can go 0-16 and just hold out for a first pick. There is no incentive for them to perform because their goal is to lose all games so they can get the top picks.
Yes, the Jags ARE bad, but for some reason. They seem to find a spark when playing my team. (Even when we didn't look as horrible as we have this season) So either, my team plays down to their opponent of the Jags find some fight against us.

I like how they do it. IF you are the worst team, you need the most help. First pick of the draft can be a start. True, it stinks for ticket holders IF a team is intentionally losing, but that points to horrible team management.

Players are paid to play their best, regardless of a playoff. They make a ton of money in doing so. IF a teams front office allows for such things as intentionally throwing games. IF they do to much of it, the fan base will fall off and they will be hurting.

Jags can't even fill their stadium they are that bad. I don't see what incentive they would have even if they weren't the bottom of the pile.

Colts fans disagree because they now have Luck.

Sauceman wrote:
I'm so jealous you'll get to see a Broncos game before me Toro haha.  Hope you take some pictures!
I'd invite you, but you'd be rooting for the wrong team. Suspect 

I plan on it. They will all be cell phone pics like the last game I was at.

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 Photo0236_zps58c09b51
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Haha yeah. I gotta wait two years for them to come to Detroit. By then Manning will probably be out of the league. Maybe next season they'll visit Indy again or even Cleveland or Cincinnati.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Toro wrote:
Texans losing streak better end tomorrow. Suspect 
Suspect 

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 H35CA4FEF
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:22 am

Will the losing streak end tomorrow?

I'm not sure I want it to. It seems that the Texans front office are frustrated with both Wade and Kubiak.... does this mean that I don't have to fear us getting rid of Kubiak only to take on a Kubiak clone?

I will be cheering for the win, but a loss at this point is neither anger inducing nor is it a surprise.

I do feel the Jaguars games may be the only thing saving us from another 2-14 season. The last time we saw that was when Dom Capers was given the boot.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:26 am

Don't forget, you guys did beat San Diego too!
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:47 am

Yes, but that was our second to last win this season. (So far)

We are beat up and looked that bad at the beginning of the season. I don't expect it to improve much.

Even if it does and they win out from here.... that means another 9-7 season... woopie.... be just enough to keep Kubiak and his mediocrity around another season if not more.

I want a new head coach, one that isn't going to waste so much talent.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Suspect

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 Tumblr_ma59enuM7o1r50qq4o1_400

Really?

Im glad this season is a wash already or that fumble would make me angry.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Oh, yay. Schaub is in there now..... Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football... the real kind... American!
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next