ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+16
wannaberocker
Jess9450
Miles
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
Spunkn
mina
Ethnog
Squeakers
Toro
TX_CO_Matt
Dandelions in the Rain
Ninzae
Miss Spaulding
Apricity
Strider1002
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

What's on your mind? - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:36 pm

I have lost my library card. That's my excuse for buying books all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:38 pm

That's an expensive excuse. One I'd never use. With the exception of buying books from the friends of library book sales. Those books are inexpensive and you can find really good stuff at them.

Just get a new card. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:40 pm

I usually get them used on Amazon, so they're not too expensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Haha I had another encounter at the store. but this one was sweet.

There was this cute little girl who just watched me the moment I entered the isle and finally when I got close enough she said, "Mister, you're really tall!" (yes, she called me mister haha)

And I said, "No I'm not. I'm very short. Shorter than you!"
"Nuh uh! You're taller than me! And you're taller than my mommy and my daddy!"
"Oh really? I stand corrected! I must be really tall!"
"Yeah." then she just stopped talking lol.

It kinda made me feel good because I'd always have kids ask me why I'm so fat and now that I've been losing this weight, I get told I'm tall!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 12:31 am

I hope that everyone is doing well. Smile

This week was super busy, so I am glad that I can finally rest some this weekend. I'm pretty worn out. I have been very low on energy and motivation lately, not sure why. Maybe I just need more sleep, but I think I have been getting enough, otherwise I had a bit of a cold, but I'm feeling a lot better, perhaps that is why too. Does anyone know of any good healthy energy foods?
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 12:34 am

Yeah I totally noticed your lack of presence on the forum lately, but knew you were busy. Good to see you back on and I hope you get some good sleep and rest Hug 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 12:57 am

I'm wondering if I should sleep with a knife in my room tonight. When I got back from the store, there was a car parked in my driveway and the door was open. When the guy saw me, he said, "I was just turning around! I mean you no harm!" Umm, if that was the case, why was your door open? Why does someone park in another person's driveway? Part of me has been a tad freaked out about it...especially in this neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 12:58 am

Apricity wrote:

This week was super busy, so I am glad that I can finally rest some this weekend. I'm pretty worn out. I have been very low on energy and motivation lately, not sure why. Maybe I just need more sleep, but I think I have been getting enough, otherwise I had a bit of a cold, but I'm feeling a lot better, perhaps that is why too. Does anyone know of any good healthy energy foods?
I believe vitamin C gives energy, and protein, and iron. So eat some fruits, and meat or beans or nuts or something. Make sure to eat breakfast and not procrastinate on eating.. like I am inclined to do. Drink water.
I don't know much else. Very Happy Google may help.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:05 am

There is a certain satisfaction in being tired and sweaty at the end of the day. I missed that for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:09 am

Strider1002 wrote:
There is a certain satisfaction in being tired and sweaty at the end of the day. I missed that for a while.
I hope that means you were working...
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:10 am

Sauceman wrote:
Yeah I totally noticed your lack of presence on the forum lately, but knew you were busy.  Good to see you back on and I hope you get some good sleep and rest Hug 
Thank you! Smile
Sauceman wrote:
I'm wondering if I should sleep with a knife in my room tonight.  When I got back from the store, there was a car parked in my driveway and the door was open.  When the guy saw me, he said, "I was just turning around!  I mean you no harm!"  Umm, if that was the case, why was your door open?  Why does someone park in another person's driveway?  Part of me has been a tad freaked out about it...especially in this neighborhood.
I keep a few items of self defense in my room just in case anything ever happened. It might be a good idea for you to do that.

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I believe vitamin C gives energy, and protein, and iron. So eat some fruits, and meat or beans or nuts or something. Make sure to eat breakfast and not procrastinate on eating.. like I am inclined to do. Drink water.
I don't know much else. :DGoogle may help.
Thank you very much Dandy for the advice! Smile I need to remember to take my vitamins and eat more fruits than I do. I can't remember the last time I ate breakfast! :/ I'm really bad about having regular meals, I usually skip breakfast because I am not usually hungry during mornings, so I'm guilty of that! It's really easy to forget meals it seems, haha! Very Happy Meal habits didn't really occur to me, I will have to see if that works.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:18 am

Apricity wrote:

Thank you very much Dandy for the advice! Smile I need to remember to take my vitamins and eat more fruits than I do. I can't remember the last time I ate breakfast! :/ I'm really bad about having regular meals, I usually skip breakfast because I am not usually hungry during mornings, so I'm guilty of that! It's really easy to forget meals it seems, haha! Very Happy
I usually don't have regular meals either, and am rarely hungry. So sometimes if I don't eat it will get to afternoon and I'll be exhausted and start getting emotional. So then I'd eat just to avoid that. And a few years ago I'd get dizzy. And figured it was related to 2 things - not eating enough and not exercising enough. But since I've moved I have to make 3 meals a day since I'm not just responsible for my own meals. Very Happy So it's gonna take getting used to. I just have to remember to try to exercise too.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:19 am

Sauceman wrote:
Strider1002 wrote:
I hope that means you were working...
Well, I'm not married, so I see no other possibility...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:21 am

you could've been raking the yard. I hate raking.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:40 am

Apricity wrote:

And sleep you must. It's so important, so I'm very glad to hear you'll be able to get some sleep/relaxation this weekend. As for foods...just be sure that you are eating. For all that I do know about nutrition, I can't seem to remember which foods are best for giving energy, except for nuts. Dandelion is correct about eating nuts. Nuts do give good energy, they're so healthy for you, and they're high in protein. cat 

Strider1002 wrote:

Well, I'm not married, so I see no other possibility...

O_O

*ahem* ...Let's keep it PG now.

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:55 am

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

I usually don't have regular meals either, and am rarely hungry. So sometimes if I don't eat it will get to afternoon and I'll be exhausted and start getting emotional. So then I'd eat just to avoid that. And a few years ago I'd get dizzy. And figured it was related to 2 things - not eating enough and not exercising enough. But since I've moved I have to make 3 meals a day since I'm not just responsible for my own meals. Very Happy So it's gonna take getting used to. I just have to remember to try to exercise too.
I'm like that too! Very Happy It's good you have them as a reminder! High Five  Oh yeah....exercise is another thing, I really need to motivate myself and exercise some this weekend. I have to lift a lot, since we have farm animals to care for, but I don't do enough aerobic exercise.
Miss Spaulding wrote:

And sleep you must. It's so important, so I'm very glad to hear you'll be able to get some sleep/relaxation this weekend. As for foods...just be sure that you are eating. For all that I do know about nutrition, I can't seem to remember which foods are best for giving energy, except for nuts. Dandelion is correct about eating nuts. Nuts do give good energy, they're so healthy for you, and they're high in protein. cat 
Thank you very much for the advice. Smile I have very odd sleeping habits, I tend to sleep when I'm sleepy, and stay awake when I'm not, although I can't always do it with school, but I really am on no routine,which I really need to implement one into my life. haha, yeah, I was trying to think over what would be good for nutrition, but I couldn't think of anything and I'm too lazy to research at the moment, so I appreciate it. My mom buys almonds sometimes, I'll have to eat more of those and buy myself a variety, that is good advice. Thanks again! Smile
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 8:30 am

Sauceman wrote:
you could've been raking the yard.  I hate raking.
Aww, its fun though.

I remember when I was a kid, my cousins and I raked my grandmothers yard. We put them in front of the swing set and swung then bailed out into the pile. As well as climbed on to of the swings and dove into them.

Of course, this being Texas and living in apartments...... that was the last time I raked leaves I think.

Suspect I have loaded bails of hay though..... not fun. Not to mention the blood when you don't have gloves.

I'd rather rake leaves.

On my mind, I need a clothes hamper. If I am going to get organized I can't just throw my clothes in the corner anymore... Suspect unless thats where I put the hamper.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:17 am

Horrible night's sleep last night. But on the other hand, I made considerable headway on a new blog post last night. It's nothing special though.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:24 am

Oooohh a new blog!  I await the magic! Sorry you couldn't sleep though :/

Speaking of writing, I've been trying to get this short story finished, but it's just not happening.  It's a good story, but I'm writing it all wrong.  Not to mention the past week or so, a new novel idea has been pounding on my neocortex and thalamus.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:57 am

Didn't sleep particularly well last night either. Better than no sleep, though.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Toro wrote:
I think my new apartment is haunted.

It gets VERY cold "for no reason" then hot just as suddenly.

I keep smelling strange smells. ( For instance, just now I was walking up the stairs and smelled Jack Daniels...... I mean so strong it was like I had a bottle under my nose. Thing is, I don't drink that often and I certainly don't reach for JD. I used to, but not any more and there is NONE here. Im certain of that.

I walked down the stairs again to get a Dr Pepper from the fridge, on the way down, smelled it again. On the way back up it was gone.

Add in odd sounds like the sound of the front door opening..... go down to look and nothing. Doors "opening" by themselves. (The twice it happened I might not have closed it all the way and the AC may have kicked on "jarring" it lose and swinging open slowly by the change of the AC blowing.)

Some times the door swings open by itself, other times, it doesnt. When its not shut all the way.

Also the fact that there were "orbs" in some of the pictures I took of my guitar. Those orbs could simply be dust as the camera flashes..... but the ONLY time I have seen "orbs" in pictures I have taken are when I was at a house that convinced me there is SOMETHING after life and got me to seek God. It was also the house that changed my views on being a VERY skeptic mocking of ghosts and ghost believers to one myself.

Not sure if this place is "haunted" or not, but I may have to do some digging into its past.

Also, I had a strange dream last night..... didn't really make sense to me. It's also strange that I remember it, I didn't think I was capable of dreaming anymore.

I was in a restaurant with two lovely ladies we all know on the forum..... it was a nice restaurant. They told me to try a dish.. (of a weird name)... Turned out, it was.... a frog.... thing is, it was still breathing on my plate. Suspect 

It was on its "back" with something that looked like a big chex square hanging outside its mouth and on its belly with some kind of brown and yellowish orange stuff splatter all over the plate and the chex square.

I said.... Suspect I cant eat this....

The frog then proceeded to pull the chex square into its mouth "spit" it back out again over and over.... while breathing.

Suspect  I said "This frog is about to die though, for really creeping me out."

The waiter came over to me and said "is everything alright sir?"

I pointed at the plate.

He said "Whats wrong with it?"

Me: Suspect Really?!

Then I woke up.

I guess my dream was telling me not to order anything with frog in it... in which I reply, DUH Dream, I already knew that rule.

Wow, I guess I got a lot on my mind for once. Razz
My church back home in Houston is rumored to be haunted.One of my good friends lived across the street and would take his dog for walks late at night, he would see lights turn on. My youth minster lived in the same apartments and got several calls about the motion detector setting off the alarm at night, but all the doors were locked with no signs of a break in. The children's minister walked into the preschool area, shut the gate, walked into a classroom, walked out and the gate was open. My friend was up there on an afternoon, the door to the youth group open was shut, he walked into the kitchen next door, walked out, the door was open, the light above the door (which is never on) was on, and he heard a noise from the room, but no one was in there when he looked. They actually did research into the property and found out that someone had killed themselves on the property in which the church was built.

I believe in "ghosts" where it's actual spirits of dead people, demons, or some weird natural phenomenon we don't understand, I think there is something that causes activity like this. Granted, I think a lot of "hauntings" are fake, but I think there are some legitimate hauntings out there.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:21 pm

At my high school the alarm would go off every night and the police would come but there was no break in. My Spanish teacher figured it out though. The airconditioning was making the paper decorations hanging from the ceiling move and that set off the motion sensing alarm. Very Happy

What's on my mind- Someone told me they thought I looked 18-20 years old. Doesn't surprise me. I kinda hate it when people ask my age sometimes because I look younger than I am to a lot of people and then prove their guess wrong.

Also.. I find extraverted people interesting. Or at least people who seem extraverted to me: Energetically talkative and louder. I never really noticed if people were more seemingly extraverted or introverted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:53 pm

If anyone is willing to help me spread the word about my novel, please check out the prelude of my novel I posted here: http://www.webook.com/submission.aspx?p=f272aba290ad40b385ff8b3d0c4b4491&st=cb0414dd95094203922b93016a4bf721

Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 pm

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
I believe in "ghosts" where it's actual spirits of dead people, demons, or some weird natural phenomenon we don't understand, I think there is something that causes activity like this. Granted, I think a lot of "hauntings" are fake, but I think there are some legitimate hauntings out there.
Agreed, just cause I am now a believer in "ghosts" whatever they are..... doesn't mean I blindly believe in all the stories. I am just not so quick to discount them all together.

I maintain my skepticism, especially when it is "Hollywood" level
"hauntings", my experience wasn't all that dramatic compared to a Hollywood movie.

I was sleeping on the couch at a womans house I was dating. Her house was "haunted" as she told me when we first started dating, but since I wasn't a believer in an afterlife. I just said "Yeah, yeah."

My head was on a side of the couch I could look at the area directly in front of her bedroom, I could see the bathroom and the doorway to her kids door, I couldn't see in her bedroom, but her bedroom was opposite side of the bathroom.

I was laying there thinking nothing of "ghosts" or anything even remotely close. I was watching TV waiting to fall asleep. I turned off the TV but there was enough light in the room to see the "hallway" (it was less a hallway being that one person standing there took up the "hallway", but it was the section of her house that led to her kids bedroom, her bedroom and the bathroom.)

I started drifting off to sleep (that in between being asleep and awake, where if you hear something, you aren't sure if it was in your head or actually happened) and I heard her bathroom door. (It stuck a little bit so it made a "thud" type noise when it opened or closed)

I sat there watching the "hallway" cause if it were her I would kiss her goodnight again, if it were one of her kids I wanted to make sure they went back to bed and not get into trouble. After sitting there watching the nothingness of her "hallway" for a few minutes and no one exiting the bathroom.... I got up, checked her bedroom (door was open as she had left it when she went to sleep) and her kids laying next to her (as they were doing when she laid down).

I shrugged it off and laid back down on the couch and rolled over to try and go to sleep. A few seconds after (still wide awake) I heard it again. At this point I got up and quickly went and peeked in her room, both her and her kids still in bed. (even though her bed had a wooden base and it creaked like crazy if you moved even slightly. So I knew she couldn't have been messing with me then jumped in bed quickly, even IF it wouldn't have woken her kids, without me hearing it.)

Still being a skeptic, after checking her room again I laid on the couch determined to catch her in the act of messing with me. So I sat up leaning against the arm of the couch staring into the "hallway".

After sitting there for about a minute or two, I saw this BRIGHT flash, like a camera flash. With one exception, instead of spreading out as light does naturally. It was "contained" in a sphere. It stayed there for a few seconds, I started to get up and take a closer look, at which point it vanished.(It freaked me out, but I was also intrigued)

I sat there.... Suspect I started to get a bit freaked out to be honest, but I wasn't about to wake her up and say I was scared or go home. (Young male pride) So I tried to ignore it all and went to sleep.

There was a time after this where her and I were on her couch and she said "the ghost is over there watching us". Me being a young aggressive male (and wanting it to "show itself" to me.) I jumped up and challenged the "ghost". To which, shortly after that (the amount of time it took for me to turn around to walk back to her) . I heard a voice in my head... It was like someone speaking normally, but I was the only one that heard it and it WASN'T her voice.

I don't even know what all was said (as if someone says something and you aren't paying attention. Like when you think you are in a room alone and someone says something when you werent expecting it) I just remember the tone and the last part of what was said.

"..... as if you could do anything to me."

followed by what sounded like children laughter. ( it was about 3am or so. Her kids were at their fathers I think or they were asleep I can't remember exactly, I just KNEW it wasn't couldn't be them at the time.)

She had never heard the "child laughter" before until AFTER that night.... a week later she heard it as well. I guess I angered "it".

Add in the times that her radio would come on at random times (boom box without a remote and a broken volume knob I could barely reach, so it wasn't her kids) and other "oddities".

I never saw this "apparition" in a human body form, but I saw enough, heard enough and generally all round experienced enough weirdness to turn a mocking skeptic into a believer.

I don't expect people to believe me, Lord knows I would have mocked and laughed at me if I were them. But those who knew me before all of that, knew that I would mock and laugh.... for me to do a complete 180, they may not believe in ghosts. They do however believe that something happened. Otherwise I wouldn't have changed.

I'm not the smartest man alive, but momma didn't raise no fool either. I looked for the prank at every angle I could think of and found nothing but unexplainable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:34 pm

I'm feeling sad for the people in the Philippines. Yesterday I thought they reported that only 1,200 people died. I thought it was a remarkably low number considering it was one of the strongest and worst typhoons in history. But now they're saying over 10,000 people died. That's rough Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next