ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+16
wannaberocker
Jess9450
Miles
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
Spunkn
mina
Ethnog
Squeakers
Toro
TX_CO_Matt
Dandelions in the Rain
Ninzae
Miss Spaulding
Apricity
Strider1002
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

What's on your mind? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Sauceman wrote:
The song drives your cat crazy?  
Apricity wrote:
Your cat doesn't like the music?
No.. think of it this way. A furry beast with claws dwelling in the hall; he hears a sound and realizes that there is someone behind the door. The door is closed so he tears and rips with his claws at the ground pulling the carpet and carpet padding out from under the door hoping to somehow find a way through that door.

Ninzae wrote:
Unless I get married from now until August 2014 and *willingly move out of the Nordic, I am definitely pursuing a master's degree on Sept 2014. Lol

Top two choices: University of Roskilde for Social Entrepreneurship
and Lund University for Strategy.

Will start to apply next week. Yay!

You could do both. Get married and get your masters. Wink

Sauceman wrote:
does garlic really ward off sickness?  ive heard of honey but not garlic
Vampires don't like garlic because it's good for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:33 pm

^LOL

Dull headache GO AWAY!
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Ninzae wrote:

Get well, Miss S.
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Yay I got a job interview! Party  I can't remember when my last one was.

I thought I wouldn't get called back.. but apparently I got a phone call this afternoon when my phone was in the other room. Cool
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
Woo! Party music notes Pizza 

Sharon, I expect you'll do whatever it takes to be healthy for that wedding. :)Enjoy it.

I just got myself some raw honey from the Amish folks. And strawberry jam. And, of course, apple cider Relaxed
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Sharon, I expect you'll do whatever it takes to be healthy for that wedding. :)Enjoy it.

I just got myself some raw honey from the Amish folks. And strawberry jam. And, of course, apple cider Relaxed
You bet! Cool 

And that's great about the honey and stuff. We got our honey from an organic co-op. Same co-op where we get our raw milk, eggs, and other produce.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:13 am

I thought I wouldn't get called back.. but apparently I got a phone call this afternoon when my phone was in the other room. Cool
That is awesome. When is the interview?
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:18 am

Tuesday Smile
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:43 am

I am somewhat close to being a new homeowner and I'm getting excited! Now just to save up some cash for that down payment...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:46 am

did you save a room for me? Razz

congrats bud! that's a huge step!
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:07 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:

And that's great about the honey and stuff. We got our honey from an organic co-op. Same co-op where we get our raw milk, eggs, and other produce.
Too bad there aren't any co-ops nearby, as far as I can tell. Oh well, we have a secret weapon: the Amish! Cool No technology means no processed food...
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:15 am

Sauceman wrote:
did you save a room for me?  Razz

congrats bud!  that's a huge step!
Well, if I get the house I want, it'll have two bedrooms so I can have visitors anytime Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 3:30 am

Paulie079 wrote:
I am somewhat close to being a new homeowner and I'm getting excited! Now just to save up some cash for that down payment...
What's on your mind? - Page 18 Thumbs10
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:02 am

No.. think of it this way. A furry beast with claws dwelling in the hall; he hears a sound and realizes that there is someone behind the door. The door is closed so he tears and rips with his claws at the ground pulling the carpet and carpet padding out from under the door hoping to somehow find a way through that door.
Oh, I see! Haha! Our cats do that sometimes too! Razz

That is great! High Five 

Paulie079 wrote:
That must be exciting, nice! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:14 am

On my mind: I have a good amount of homework to get done by Friday. I could have had a lot done if I had worked harder earlier in the week, but I procrastinated some, and I'm unhappy with myself for doing that. I guess I have lost that time now, so I need to work harder to make up for that. If only I worked hard at the beginning of the week, then there would be so much time left and I could get some extra things done around here. I keep thinking that next week I'll make sure and do better, but I suppose that is a bad thing since I keep putting it off [procrastination at it's finest!] hmm. Suspect Thinking  Doh! 
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 9:13 am

One of my co workers (26 age) recently announced that he was moving in with his GF. Everyone, cheered and congratulated him for this big step in growing up.

Though, that moment made me feel weird and alone. One the one hand I didn't know what to say to him. Should I say "Congratulation" ...... I just said "Good luck".

Additionally, the moment made me feel like a weird creature, who was all alone. Moving in with his GF was being looked at as the normal part of growing up. Yet, here I was the only person who prob dosnt believe in moving in before marriage. It was strange to be in a world where I was the one who had never lived with a woman and prob never will (before marriage).

Yup, it was strange.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:57 pm

wannaberocker wrote:
One of my co workers (26 age) recently announced that he was moving in with his GF. Everyone, cheered and congratulated him for this big step in growing up.

Though, that moment made me feel weird and alone. One the one hand I didn't know what to say to him. Should I say "Congratulation" ...... I just said "Good luck".

Additionally, the moment made me feel like a weird creature, who was all alone. Moving in with his GF was being looked at as the normal part of growing up. Yet, here I was the only person who prob dosnt believe in moving in before marriage. It was strange to be in a world where I was the one who had never lived with a woman and prob never will (before marriage).

Yup, it was strange.
I do think it sounds odd that your coworker announced and people cheered. I never would have thought that would be something people celebrated Suspect 
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:59 pm

wannaberocker wrote:

Yup, it was strange.
I wouldn't say anything nor congratulate him. If asked why you aren't happy for him, just state you don't believe in living together before marriage.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:03 pm

wannaberocker wrote:
Everything is backward these days. Avoiding responsibility and commitment is seen as "growing up."
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Apricity - I hate when that happens. I will keep you in my prayers this week so you can get through things and maybe have motivation to not procrastinate as much later. It's hard for sure. Procrastination is one of my "skills" as well.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
wannaberocker wrote:
Everything is backward these days. Avoiding responsibility and commitment is seen as "growing up."
Good will become evil and evil will become good
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:42 pm

My cousin moved in with her boyfriend not too long ago; families just aren't family anymore. It's really sad how things have changed so much in our culture. But I think that the foundation was swept away some time ago. It seems that when people learn things more out of tradition rather than the reasons and purpose behind it, sooner or later, the values will be lost.

Apricity - I hate when that happens. I will keep you in my prayers this week so you can get through things and maybe have motivation to not procrastinate as much later. It's hard for sure. Procrastination is one of my "skills" as well.
Thank you very much Dandelions! I really appreciate that! Hug 
Haha! I like how you call it a skill! xD
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 2:07 pm

But if you think about it, being "weird" makes you stand out. Not that you should try and be weird just to stand out, but if people are think you are weird as a Christian, it does make you stand out more. They become curious, and wonder why you don't believe in living together before marriage. Then you have a chance to explain why, and maybe even an opportunity to share the Gospel with them.

So being weird, while it seems to feel like an outcast at times, can be a blessing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Finally my landlord is coming over in the next hour or so to bring me a space heater for my room.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:07 pm

Just got meds in the mail, so I'm assuming that financial thing I applied for went through. That'll save me $200 a month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next