ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+17
Bristecom
Ninzae
Toro
PinkSweetart
Apricity
Miles
Jess9450
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
wannaberocker
Squeakers
Hadassah
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
TX_CO_Matt
Spunkn
Miss Spaulding
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

What's on your mind? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:29 pm

And my second novel is under way :bounce: 
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Saucy wrote:
It's a beautiful fall morning!  Fairly chilly and sunny Smile
I've had to wear a jacket the past few mornings and nights, it's been great!
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:46 pm

New apt. keys are in my hands. Very Happy

I will be moving in piece by piece til Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:52 pm

TX_CO_Matt wrote:

I've had to wear a jacket the past few mornings and nights, it's been great!
Exactly. It's finally chilly and I love it!

Toro wrote:

Pics?

Pics!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:56 pm

I sent the front your way since you were wanting fall weather Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Wow. Very interesting thing happened at the store just now. In the deli section, no doubt!

I was asking the lady behind the counter about the potato salad and which kind she would recommend and she got very flustered and talked very fast. Then out of the blue: "I think you're really hot and I get out in two hours. Would you like to come over and fool around?" My mouth hit the floor.

I said, "Um...uh...well, you're very beautiful, but I'm so sorry. I'm not that way." And she said, "Oh. That's too bad. We would've had a lot of fun." And I just walked away.

My first thought was...wow, now she probably thinks I'm gay or something...'not that way'. Then I was like: how can people be so bold like that? Ask someone they don't know to come over and fool around??? While she's at work?! I'm sure that's probably against company policy lol. But I definitely blushed the whole way home. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Strider1002 wrote:

Pics?

Pics!
I may get some tomorrow if I have time. Im not going over there again tonight cause I have to wake up at an ungodly hour tomorrow.

In some ways it's better than this place I am at currently.

Little, imperfection signs from previous tenants, but then I am ALWAYS picky when I move into a new place.

The little things drive me mad about a place until it officially becomes "home", then those imperfections that once drove me mad, add character. Laughing 

One thing I will miss, ceiling fans..... this will be the first house/apartment I have ever lived in without them. Every house I lived in as a child and apartment since I got older..... had them. I am so accustomed to seeing them..... it didnt even fully register they didnt have them til I thought "Im going to need more lighting"

I DO like that my bedroom closet has a little "stash" area... its too high and out of the way to make for convenient shoe/hat etc. storage so I shall designate that space for any car parts I can fit. Very Happy

It also looks as if, I will be hanging ALL my clothes as well.... since they are the thinner non walk in closets that I usually use for storage.

The down side is, no real storage space, no misc. closets without pre built shelves in them.... so I will have to find a place to store my cars future black interior consisting of Dashboard, center console.... front and rear seats and door panels.... or I will have to get off my butt and replace them all already. Crying or Very sad But I like procrastinating.... maybe I will have a garage soon with AC and it wont be such a big task to undertake as it would be in an apartment parking lot.

Suspect I wonder if I can wire up speakers through the entire apt. and in the bathrooms, without having to make holes..... Think I will have to look at access points tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Saucy wrote:
Wow.  Very interesting thing happened at the store just now.  In the deli section, no doubt!

I was asking the lady behind the counter about the potato salad and which kind she would recommend and she got very flustered and talked very fast.  Then out of the blue: "I think you're really hot and I get out in two hours.  Would you like to come over and fool around?"  My mouth hit the floor.

I said, "Um...uh...well, you're very beautiful, but I'm so sorry.  I'm not that way."  And she said, "Oh.  That's too bad.  We would've had a lot of fun."  And I just walked away.  

My first thought was...wow, now she probably thinks I'm gay or something...'not that way'.  Then I was like: how can people be so bold like that?  Ask someone they don't know to come over and fool around???  While she's at work?!  I'm sure that's probably against company policy lol.  But I definitely blushed the whole way home.  Wow.
Oh my word!! ...In my opinion, this is literally something that should be brought up to the manager about. The manager needs to know his employee did this, and probably has done it before. That is so unprofessional and utterly uncouth. I'm in awe.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Toro wrote:

Cheer! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Yeah I probably should've. I'll probably send an email or call up the manager.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Saucy wrote:
Yeah I probably should've.  I'll probably send an email or call up the manager.  
I think you should. Plus, a call or whatever will make it a little less awkward I think. But I do think you should say something, that woman cannot talk like that to customers.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Apparently my blog has earned my a whopping 16 cents through AdSense. The next stick of gum is on me, everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://lunarboulevard.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:55 pm

How would you react if the meat man did the same to you?
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:

Cheer! 
Suspect Not so loud, they said no loud parties...... oh wait I am still at the old place.

Never mind, be as loud as you want. It's not like my neighbors are ever quiet. Sput! 

They also want 200 if I get a kitty (I expected that) and 10 bucks more a month on rent for a kitty..... since when did animals become "tenants"?

Curse you PETA and your "Animals are people too" crap, now apartments want to charge as if they ARE people too..... you FREAKS! (Hey, I love animals too, I don't feel they should be mistreated, but most PETA members are fanatical wackos.)

Will my new kitty when I finally get her have to sign the lease as well? Sput!

I WANT A KITTY!!!

What's on your mind? - Page 38 Tumblr_m4h3gw3eWL1rwcc6bo1_500

Last edited by Toro on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm not really sure it's worth it to make a big deal out of it. It was a one time thing, and it's your word vs. hers. She'll probably claim that you starting hitting on her first. If she continually did it then that's a different story.

Just my opinion though. I guess I'm pretty laid back when it comes to that stuff, it would take quite a bit to actually get me to report someone or talk to a manager about them.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Saucy wrote:
Wow.  Very interesting thing happened at the store just now.  In the deli section, no doubt!

I was asking the lady behind the counter about the potato salad and which kind she would recommend and she got very flustered and talked very fast.  Then out of the blue: "I think you're really hot and I get out in two hours.  Would you like to come over and fool around?"  My mouth hit the floor.
Maybe she was just messing with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Strider1002 wrote:

Yeah. That's probably it.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Even so, it's a pretty objectionable way of messing with someone, especially if you don't know them.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Strider1002 wrote:

Nah, it happens more than you'd think.

I had a woman tell me she wanted to "jump over the counter and have her way with me" every time I came into the store.

I most definitely wasn't attracted to her so I felt like Garth Algar when he says "What's that?!" *points behind the camera, when the camera pans back he is running away.*

wasn't sure what to say at that moment.... it caught me way off guard.

She was full on serious, I know cause I could tell by body language and the "subtle" hints. I just never paid it any mind cause I wasn't attracted to her.... so, I picked up on it, just ignored it.

Last edited by Toro on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Saucy wrote:

If she was visibly flustered, and just sort of blurted it out, I'd guess probably not.

Either way, just count it as an interesting day and move on. Or even take it as a compliment.

I got hit on by a women at a singles / divorced camp during the summer once. It was a little inappropriate and more than a little awkward. But we had some good laughs about it and it made for an interesting story later.

Most of the time I'm not surprised by what people will do anymore.
Back to top Go down

Way to break out a joke in the middle of talking about potato salad lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Spunkn wrote:
If she was visibly flustered, and just sort of blurted it out, I'd guess probably not.

Either way, just count it as an interesting day and move on.  Or even take it as a compliment.  

I got hit on by a women at a singles / divorced camp during the summer once.  It was a little inappropriate and more than a little awkward.  But we had some good laughs about it and it made for an interesting story later.  

Most of the time I'm not surprised by what people will do anymore.  
Yeah this. I'll just take it as a compliment and leave it be. Part of me wants to say something, but I don't want to get the poor girl fired. Maybe if I see her again, I'll say something to her about it.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:21 pm

I simultaneously enjoy and loathe this class, it's weird.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm sure every guy here has been randomly hit on at some point Very Happy

Hopefully we're all smart and disciplined enough to stay away, like Saucy did.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Um, fellas. Take it from a woman who knows exactly how women think: It wasn't a one-time-thing.

I'm as laidback as laidback can get myself, but I recognize an issue that needs to be addressed when I see one. It has nothing to do with one who received the advances, but rather it's the principle of the matter. This woman is at work...you simply do not talk that way to customers. End of story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next