ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+17
Bristecom
Ninzae
Toro
PinkSweetart
Apricity
Miles
Jess9450
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
wannaberocker
Squeakers
Hadassah
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
TX_CO_Matt
Spunkn
Miss Spaulding
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Apricity
Apricity

What's on your mind? - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:07 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Quite honestly, I think I'd break down and start crying if I had homework to do.
Yeah, I can understand! The past few semesters I have shed a good amount of tears, although this semester has been a lot easier since I like what I am learning now better than the last program I was in. I never have liked deadlines or feeling pressured, and I like to study things at will, rather than have assignments, so homework is not always easy, but I keep telling myself, "just a few more years!" lol. Although, I don't know what I will do once school is over, I have this sort of love hate for school. Whenever I am on break, I never know what to do with myself, since it becomes a habit and I kind of form a schedule around classes and homework. I think I will take music lessons when I am done, since that wouldn't be hard work, and I would enjoy it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:28 pm

It's a total fail when a pizza company promises fresh ingredients, but you can tell that the mushrooms are canned lol.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:55 pm

I seem to have developed a mild obsession for vintage keys.

What's on your mind? - Page 28 4c0a1f614058b0351fc8e797a3de4764

What's on your mind? - Page 28 Old-vintage-keys

What's on your mind? - Page 28 Vintage_keys-2417

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I WANT THEM ALL. FlashIn love

Last edited by Squeakers on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Spunkn wrote:

Why? I'm curious.
Frankly, I could end up spamming the rest of this thread with the 'why' I'd end up crying if I had to do homework right now. With everything in me I loathe it. I'm not much of a 'schooler' I guess you could say. Aaaand to quote MacFall from CF:

I don't consider my highschool graduation as much of an accomplishment. More like parole for a crime I did not commit.

*Though, I admire people (like you Spunk) who are in or returning to college. Y'all work hard and are able to accomplish something I could never do.

Strider1002 wrote:
I suppose if you're home-schooled, all your work is homework Very Happy
Lol. Razz Nice.
Nah I understand, certain people just don't do well in the school / academic type of setting that we have.  Doesn't mean they're less smart than anyone else, it just means they don't do well in that particular system.

I'm really good at taking tests and doing homework the majority of the time, which is the only reason I was able to get A's and B's while going through severe depression in previous years of schooling.  So it makes me look smarter than I actually am.  But I know plenty of people who are much smarter than I am, and yet they get horrible grades in school / college or whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:19 pm

yeah I was the opposite. I couldn't take tests for anything.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
It's a total fail when a pizza company promises fresh ingredients, but you can tell that the mushrooms are canned lol.  
If I recall, they don't ever explicitly state fresh from what
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:43 pm

yes. they must mean fresh from the can haha
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Apricity wrote:
Yeah, I can understand! The past few semesters I have shed a good amount of tears, although this semester has been a lot easier since I like what I am learning now better than the last program I was in. I never have liked deadlines or feeling pressured, and I like to study things at will, rather than have assignments, so homework is not always easy, but I keep telling myself, "just a few more years!" lol. Although, I don't know what I will do once school is over, I have this sort of love hate for school. Whenever I am on break, I never know what to do with myself, since it becomes a habit and I kind of form a schedule around classes and homework. I think I will take music lessons when I am done, since that wouldn't be hard work, and I would enjoy it. Very Happy[/color]
Feeling pressured and rushed is the absolute worst. If there is anything that will instantly put me in a sour mood, it's being rushed or pressured. ...You should definitely take music lessons when you're done! cat That's something I wish I could do right now. I plan to in the future though.

Squeakers wrote:
I seem to have developed a mild obsession for vintage keys.

What's on your mind? - Page 28 4c0a1f614058b0351fc8e797a3de4764

What's on your mind? - Page 28 Old-vintage-keys

What's on your mind? - Page 28 Vintage_keys-2417

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I WANT THEM ALL. FlashIn love
Ahhhh! You're seriously a girl after my own heart! I have a huge fetish for vintage keys! Flash Those keys are so beautiful!
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Spunkn wrote:
Nah I understand, certain people just don't do well in the school / academic type of setting that we have.  Doesn't mean they're less smart than anyone else, it just means they don't do well in that particular system.

I'm really good at taking tests and doing homework the majority of the time, which is the only reason I was able to get A's and B's while going through severe depression in previous years of schooling.  So it makes me look smarter than I actually am.  But I know plenty of people who are much smarter than I am, and yet they get horrible grades in school / college or whatever.
To me, that is a great thing to be good at taking tests! Good for you. I always thought I was 'okay' at taking tests...and then I took a writing class and found out I wasn't. That was a rude awakening. I suppose taking tests in the familiar setting of my own home with only my brother and cousin there with me really helped me to be relaxed. But put me in classroom surrounded by other people and knowing I'm being 'timed'...forget it.

I'm certainly not a dumb-dumb, but I am a very slow learner. And not only am I slow but I do best when I can be alone and teach myself. Unfortunately for me, that's not how our education system works. And another strike against me is the fact that, frankly, I have no enthusiasm for education (for myself that is). The only subject I ever did well in was English. Reading, spelling, grammar, ect...for whatever reason that was never a problem for me. (Aaaand, Tony is probably laughing at this because of the typos in my posts all the time Razz ) Pshht. Posts on forums is just casual. Don't worry, I get my 'English' on when I'm writing for realz. afro 
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Okay. Just watched the trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

:shock: :shock: :shock: 

Yeah. I'll be the weirdo camping out the day before it's released. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Okay. Just watched the trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

:shock: :shock: :shock: 

Yeah. I'll be the weirdo camping out the day before it's released. That is all.
Care for some company? afro 
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm not great at tests either. Like, if there's a practice session, I'll be like "Hey, this is easy!" Then when the actual test starts, I'm like "Um... what comes after 2?"
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Strider1002 wrote:

Care for some company? afro 
You. Me. Midnight showing. Let's do this. Cool 
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 9:21 pm

What's on your mind? - Page 28 Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:06 am

A few things that are on my mind:

- The craziness at work is finally winding down. Smile 
- House hunting is going fairly well, but I don't have anything definite yet.
- Old friends. It's nice to hear from them now and then, and learn what folks I knew back in the day are up to.
- I'm actually thinking about posting pics from my cat's birthday party. Laughing
- It's sad hear that Tom Clancy died. Didn't see that one coming, as he was only 66 and healthy as far as I knew.
- Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to locate my first car. Apparently, it's somewhere in Upstate New York.
- The Lambrecht Auto Auction in Nebraska. Lots of cars from the '50s and '60s with under 20 miles on the odometer!

That being said, here are a few replies to a couple old posts I had trouble finding:

Ninzae wondered what field the post docs I work with are in. They're engineers. My job is to configure, administer, provide support for, and occasionally design their networks and computer systems. That's how I have access to a 3D printer and other fun engineering tools.

Miss Spaulding mentioned Foyles War. Although I haven't followed a TV series in years, the bits and pieces I've seen look good. I'd consider watching it on DVD or maybe Netflix someday.

Also, Dandelions mentioned the Star Trek film with the whales. Very Happy That brings back memories. My older brother had it one on VHS years ago. I've probably watched that one the most. Although I don't necessarily have a favorite Trek film, however, my favorite series is probably Next Generation. The originals are good too, and I do like Voyager and Deep Space Nine. For whatever reason, I never got into Enterprise, but I'm open to it. Star Trek + Scott Bakula always struck me as a good fit, especially considering how I liked Quantum Leap.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:25 am

^ Yes. Check it out sometime. Personally, I think it's one Masterpiece Mystery's finest shows.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:30 am

Spent a night out again visiting with homeless people. Was my second time doing it. Chatted with a guy for a while, and he claims to be Christian, said he's been reading the Bible and talked a lot about God. Said he doesn't understand a lot of things and he would love a group to talk with, so I invited him over Saturday to discuss the Bible and maybe just hang out.

I dont know how serious he is about God, and maybe he was just trying to be spiritual I don't know. Hard to tell with some of them, but it should make for an interesting experience.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 1:11 am

Trying to find some other authors whose works are similar to mine. It's weird because I read a good bit, but I still don't know a lot of the authors out there...
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 1:46 am

Goodnight. cat 
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 2:26 am

Goodnight Sharon and to the rest.
Good morning to me. : )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:20 am

Im off to work! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Smile
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:21 am

Hope you stay safe and have a good day too!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:51 am

Ill try Smile thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:02 am

I was supposed to go to the elder's meeting at church tonight.
There is something about the word elder which makes me feel a bit...

older.

Anyhow, my pastor called that I should rest since I have not been
okey for a few days.

Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Ninzae wrote:
I was supposed to go to the elder's meeting at church tonight.
There is something about the word elder which makes me feel a bit...

older.
We're both old!

It's way too warm for October. Bring on the coldness!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next