ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+17
Bristecom
Ninzae
Toro
PinkSweetart
Apricity
Miles
Jess9450
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
wannaberocker
Squeakers
Hadassah
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
TX_CO_Matt
Spunkn
Miss Spaulding
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

What's on your mind? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:44 am

Glad you're having fun, Squeaks, even if it's not with us...

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Training went excellent. I think I'm going to like this job.
What are your duties, exactly?
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:50 am

Strider1002 wrote:

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Training went excellent. I think I'm going to like this job.
What are your duties, exactly?
If I work where I was trained tonight (arcade/laser tag), pretty much exchange tickets for prizes, refill tickets, run laser tag (consists of playing a video and pressing a couple of buttons on a remote). It's very chill, with the exception of two managers.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 4:36 am

Why is it considered a bad thing to be a shy (quiet) person?

That's what's on my mind.

I know not everyone thinks its a bad thing but I've come across people more times than I can remember who do think it is bad.
I have come across a few people who have said otherwise though.
Most people I don't hear one opinion or another from them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 am

Most of my favorite people are introverted, and I wouldn't change them for anything. As long as I hear from them on a regular basis Smile

I'm kind of a hybrid, myself. The upside is, I get good gas mileage.
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:50 am

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

I know not everyone thinks its a bad thing but I've come across people more times than I can remember who do think it is bad.
I come across that attitude a lot too. It's very frustrating. I hate getting asked why I'm so quiet like there is something wrong with that or that people can only be one way. study 
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

I don't think anyone actually considers a quiet personality to be 'bad', they just don't understand it, and sometimes people view something that they don't understand as bad or weird. As an extremely quiet person myself, it is difficult for me to comprehend how and why anyone can be or would desire to be talkative, very sociable, and out-going. So, I believe it's correct to assume that reserved, laidback, private-like people are just as puzzling. ...Anyway, I know how you feel. Unfortunately, the majority of mankind is extroverted, and naturally extroversion is 'the best way to be' in their minds, sooo...yeah. Neutral 

mina wrote:

I come across that attitude a lot too.  It's very frustrating.  I hate getting asked why I'm so quiet like there is something wrong with that or that people can only be one way.    study 
"Why are you so quiet?"

"Gee, Sharon. Do you ever shut-up?"

"Sharon! Stop talking already."

Doh! :evil: Doh! :evil: Doh! 

I hate it when people do that.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:03 pm

That moment when you realize just how much of a wimp you really are because you endured a restless night's sleep due to an X-Files episode.
Back to top Go down
Soldier<3

Soldier<3

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 2:16 pm

To Miss Spaulding. LMBO!!

On my mind? Something good has to happen soon. It can't be stormy forever.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:22 pm

I saw a mountainside covered with green trees... except one, in the middle, that was red. It made me think of this:

What's on your mind? - Page 12 I-gott11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:51 pm

God's will is normally what I don't expect it to be or necessarily what I really want it to be. I guess I have no choice either way. *hums doxology*
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 5:06 pm

RaiyuuDarling wrote:
God's will is normally what I don't expect it to be or necessarily what I really want it to be. I guess I have no choice either way. *hums doxology*
Hug

Strider1002 wrote:
Most of my favorite people are introverted, and I wouldn't change them for anything. As long as I hear from them on a regular basis Smile

I'm kind of a hybrid, myself. The upside is, I get good gas mileage.
Most of my close friends and most of my family are also introverted.

mina wrote:

I come across that attitude a lot too.  It's very frustrating.  I hate getting asked why I'm so quiet like there is something wrong with that or that people can only be one way.    study 
It is something that frustrates me a lot.
If a child isn't very talkative doctors even prescribe medication for that. Doh!

Miss Spaulding wrote:

I don't think anyone actually considers a quiet personality to be 'bad', they just don't understand it, and sometimes people view something that they don't understand as bad or weird. As an extremely quiet person myself, it is difficult for me to comprehend how and why anyone can be or would desire to be talkative, very sociable, and out-going. So, I believe it's correct to assume that reserved, laidback, private-like people are just as puzzling. ...Anyway, I know how you feel. Unfortunately, the majority of mankind is extroverted, and naturally extroversion is 'the best way to be' in their minds, sooo...yeah. Neutral 

mina wrote:

"Why are you so quiet?"

"Gee, Sharon. Do you ever shut-up?"

"Sharon! Stop talking already."

Doh! :evil: Doh! :evil: Doh! 

I hate it when people do that.
One time a young pastor said in his sermon that basically being an introvert was a sin. Basically saying that being an introvert = selfishness. It could very well be that he meant something other than what he said, or who knows what. Maybe someone else told him that and he believed it enough to repeat it.

Anyway.. when people notice I'm quiet and tell me of their observation I normally don't mind. It depends on with what apparent attitude they say it with. Most often people are nice about it or I really don't care because it's just a true observation they've made. I usually laugh if someone walks up to me : "You're quiet."

One time another quiet co-worker walked up to me. (I'll make up a name for him)
"You're a bashful one?" -Joe
"What?" - me
"What?" - Joe
"What?" - me
"Well it takes one to know one." - Joe

Anyway.. I'm happy with the way I am. It just confuses me when others think it's a horrible thing vs just being curious about our differences.

I don't mean to sound so negative though it was just something on my mind. There are also a lot of people who appreciate me and my quietness. One of my good friends when he first met me loved that I was so quiet. And we often have witty conversations. Smile He is also an introvert though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 5:52 pm

I remember someone asking a classmate of mine:

"Why are you so quiet?"
"Because I don't have anything to say."

I thought that was a great answer. I use it all the time now lol.
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 6:25 pm

I've never asked anyone why they are so loud or why they talk a lot......I like to let people be who they are.....
Usually when I'm asked why I'm so quiet I say that I'm thinking; which is true.....
I like being quiet. I think it's a great way to be! I share my thoughts with people that I know will listen and I'm not going to prattle just to have something to say. But, I don't think everyone should follow or ascribe to that personality. Variety is a beautiful thing. But, I do think that being quiet is vastly misunderstood. It seems to make people uncomfortable or ascribe "stuck- up" to a quiet person; which is usually not true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 10:09 pm

I really want that John MacArthur Study Bible so I can get used to it and be able to find everything in the Bible again. I left my main one (with all my notes and stuff) back in Maryland and reading from this small, pocket Bible is so boring!
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:48 am

I'M AN AUNT!!!
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:14 am

iOS update is really weird looking. The best
Thing is it is faster and the camera
Is better and instragramish. I have to
Get used to this new look.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:47 am

Fall is here. Oh yes, fall is here.

Also, congrats, Aunt Jess!
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Jess9450 wrote:
I'M AN AUNT!!!
YAY!! Congratulations!! Being an aunt is fun. :DI can't remember if you told us whether it's a boy or girl though...?

Last edited by Miss Spaulding on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:38 pm

You introverts are sinners. It's in the bible.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
You introverts are sinners.  It's in the bible.
Extrovert Chapter 3, Verse 1? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:56 pm

@Spunkn Lol hahah
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Going home now after spending hours cleaning
My bestfriend's apartment.
I'll get home and dinner will be ready. My
Other bestfriend and his gf are cooking
Dinner for me. I made some fruit salad
to go with the coffee/tea after dinner.

Friendship is a blessing. : )

Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
You introverts are sinners.  It's in the bible.
It's true then. I'm going to hell.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:09 pm

This makes me so happy!

Phil Wickham's new album is streaming online--http://www.relevantmagazine.com/the-drop/ascension
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Jess9450 wrote:
I'M AN AUNT!!!
YAY!! Congratulations!! Being an aunt is fun. :DI can't remember if you told us whether it's a boy or girl though...?
A baby girl named Sophie. Sophie Elizabeth. Ahh the feels, I went to see her today and got to snuggle with her for a while. She's soo cute! In love 
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next