ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+19
PinkSweetart
Amber.ly
Rayofsun
mina
Ninzae
Ethnog
TX_CO_Matt
Paulie079
Hadassah
Toro
Spunkn
OneHappyCookie
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
wannaberocker
Apricity
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

What's on your mind? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Hadassah wrote:
There's like 12 of us. It's not like we can overwhelm the place. Very Happy
That's true
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Soldier<3 wrote:

I've been there and I've been hurt.... over and over and over again.  I guess I just have to hurt my heart more often till I become immune to the pain?  lol Maybe...
I wouldn't go that far. But after so many times, you learn that rejection isn't the end of the world. And it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, just that don't feel the same way you do. Sad, but not necessarily devastating.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:48 pm

The lady said maybe I should see a therapist. Maybe she's right. For once I want to live like the world. Maybe start dating again. I just want a guy who can treat me right not sitting here wishing for a loser who doesn't really like me in the first place. This sucks.

I feel spiritually ill. Don't know what to do and I'm angry.

Keep listening to John Piper and John MacArthur on depression. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:21 pm

RaiyuuDarling wrote:
The lady said maybe I should see a therapist. Maybe she's right. For once I want to live like the world. Maybe start dating again. I just want a guy who can treat me right not sitting here wishing for a loser who doesn't really like me in the first place. This sucks.

Keep listening to John Piper and John MacArthur on depression. I hope this helps.
Thank you for sharing, Raiyuu. I hope you continue to do so. We're here to support you Smile
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Two of my best friends....

One is a die-hard Texas Longhorn fan, and the other is a die-hard Oklahoma fan. They agreed back in high school that they do no speak on the day of the Red River Rivalry (the day the two football teams play each other). Now they live together.

I wonder how that's going to work.
Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Today a call came asking me if I was aware my hairdresser was in an accident and passed away last week (at 24years old). I balled as the receptionist asked me if I wanted to keep the appointment but another hairdresser:( Something like this has never happened before and I think back and wonder if I ever took the opportunity to share Christ with her:( 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
RaiyuuDarling wrote:

Thank you for sharing, Raiyuu. I hope you continue to do so. We're here to support you Smile
Continue to share? I can go on :twisted: 
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:42 pm

sampa wrote:
Today a call came asking me if I was aware my hairdresser was in an accident and passed away last week (at 24years old).  I balled as the receptionist asked me if I wanted to keep the appointment but another hairdresser:( Something like this has never happened before and I think back and wonder if I ever took the opportunity to share Christ with her:( 
Wow. Sad Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
sampa wrote:
Today a call came asking me if I was aware my hairdresser was in an accident and passed away last week (at 24years old).  I balled as the receptionist asked me if I wanted to keep the appointment but another hairdresser:( Something like this has never happened before and I think back and wonder if I ever took the opportunity to share Christ with her:( 
Wow. Sad Crying or Very sad 
Thanks strider. Its a very strange feeling and I can't imagine all the calls the salon has to make and the people affected in such a small town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:52 pm

I agree with Strider. That is very sad Sad

I hope she was saved at least.
Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:59 pm

RaiyuuDarling wrote:

Thanks Raiyuu, unfortunately I'm not so sure, I would love to be sure but only in heaven will I know.
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:06 pm

sampa wrote:
RaiyuuDarling wrote:

Thanks Raiyuu, unfortunately I'm not so sure, I would love to be sure but only in heaven will I know.
Sampa, I'm so sorry to hear this. I live in a small town, and so I've seen how a loss can affect so many people.
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
^ I think it worked because it's subsiding now. cat 
^ I just realized that emoticon is "cat". afro cat <- *wishes he could combine these into a catfro*

Miss Spaulding wrote:
And whoa. Have I missed something while I've been gone? ...Don't answer that. I really don't want to know. For a little while longer I'd like to pretend this place is free of conflict. Don't burst my bubble just yet. Lol.
Same here. Maybe the trend will turn around.

Jess9450 wrote:
This place is quiet......too quiet...Suspicious
WOULD IT HELP IF I TYPE IN CAPS? Laughing 

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Two of my best friends....

One is a die-hard Texas Longhorn fan, and the other is a die-hard Oklahoma fan. They agreed back in high school that they do no speak on the day of the Red River Rivalry (the day the two football teams play each other). Now they live together.

I wonder how that's going to work.
Hmmm... that's a tough one.

Go out and party at friends who has the same loyalties' homes, or invite said friends over to rub it in the other guy's face when their team wins? Wink 

sampa wrote:
Wow, how sad. It goes to show that life can be a fragile gift, and we never know when our time will come. I pray that her family and all who knew her find comfort in this difficult time.
Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Rayofsun wrote:
sampa wrote:
RaiyuuDarling wrote:

Sampa, I'm so sorry to hear this. I live in a small town, and so I've seen how a loss can affect so many people.

Miles wrote:

sampa wrote:
Wow, how sad. It goes to show that life can be a fragile gift, and we never know when our time will come. I pray that her family and all who knew her find comfort in this difficult time.
Thanks Rayof sun, yes I've read through most of the comments after the obituary they go on and on. Think about how many lives you could affect if your in the service industry.

Yes indeed Miles, I feel the same. Yes I pray also. Better get sleep, I'm up way later than I should be.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:43 pm

I'm so angry right now. No, that's not the right word...well I'm a little angry...actually no, I'm angry at them.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:03 am

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
I'm so angry right now. No, that's not the right word...well I'm a little angry...actually no, I'm angry at them.
Why, Matt?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:12 am

fluid
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:31 am

Strider1002 wrote:
TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Why, Matt?
Well, most of my friends went down to Galveston this week. I mean, they know I hate the beach and such, plus I never really expressed interest in going. Still, they could've asked.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:17 am

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Strider1002 wrote:
TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Why, Matt?
Well, most of my friends went down to Galveston this week. I mean, they know I hate the beach and such, plus I never really expressed interest in going. Still, they could've asked.
I would be mad, too.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:29 am

To play devil's advocate for a second. I understand the frustration / hurt feelings by not being asked to do something.

However, I think most people tend to assume that if you hate something, then it's not worth asking if you want to do said activity, because you'll just say no.

Perhaps you could tell them "Hey I don't like the beach much, but I still like spending time with you guys and would like to be invited / involved in things"

So I think you have two choices. You can let them know that you'd like to be included in future activities, even if they think you might not like it, or you just have to choose to let it go. If you choose to let it go, and not talk to them about it, then any anger you have towards them after that fact will be on you, not on them. It could be completely innocent what they did, or maybe like I said they assumed you wouldn't want to go. But until you tell them that, they may not know. Or even if they did know, you still have to tell them in my opinion. Which is never fun, but it still has to be done. If you passively-aggressively get mad at them, but don't speak to them about it. That doesn't solve anything either.

Just food for thought.

I've been in that situation before, and yes it does suck. However, if a person is willing to look at the reasons why certain actions occured, or take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future it can make a difference.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:40 am

Spunkn wrote:
To play devil's advocate for a second.  I understand the frustration / hurt feelings by not being asked to do something.

However, I think most people tend to assume that if you hate something, then it's not worth asking if you want to do said activity, because you'll just say no.  

Perhaps you could tell them "Hey I don't like the beach much, but I still like spending time with you guys and would like to be invited / involved in things"

So I think you have two choices.  You can let them know that you'd like to be included in future activities, even if they think you might not like it, or you just have to choose to let it go.  If you choose to let it go, and not talk to them about it, then any anger you have towards them after that fact will be on you, not on them.  It could be completely innocent what they did, or maybe like I said they assumed you wouldn't want to go.  But until you tell them that, they may not know.  Or even if they did know, you still have to tell them in my opinion.  Which is never fun, but it still has to be done.  If you passively-aggressively get mad at them, but don't speak to them about it.  That doesn't solve anything either.

Just food for thought.  

I've been in that situation before, and yes it does suck.  However, if a person is willing to look at the reasons why certain actions occured, or take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future it can make a difference.  
Not to steal your thunder, but that is something that I have thought about, and hinted about when I mentioned about how my friends know how I don't enjoy going to the beach. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have gone, and if I did it would be I'd go down for the night or something. I think you are right though, they probably knew I wouldn't have gone because of how much I don't like the beach or being outside during summer in general.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Chilly today. It feels like fall is coming early...

Also, it's Gregory Peck day on TCM :bounce: 
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:37 pm

TX_CO_Matt wrote:

Not to steal your thunder, but that is something that I have thought about, and hinted about when I mentioned about how my friends know how I don't enjoy going to the beach. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have gone, and if I did it would be I'd go down for the night or something. I think you are right though, they probably knew I wouldn't have gone because of how much I don't like the beach or being outside during summer in general.
Nah I didn't feel like you were stealing my thunder or anything. It's good that it was something you have thought about.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:15 pm

My friend and I are having a writing contest and my story is going well, I just can't think of a decent name for my female character. I want something trendy but not too trendy, pretty, and not too common but common enough that people can pronounce it. I was using Sydney but it just doesn't feel right. *sigh* Back to the baby name site. Razz
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Hadassah wrote:
My friend and I are having a writing contest and my story is going well, I just can't think of a decent name for my female character. I want something trendy but not too trendy, pretty, and not too common but common enough that people can pronounce it. I was using Sydney but it just doesn't feel right. *sigh* Back to the baby name site. Razz
Alexis? Maybe that's too common though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next