ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+22
Hadassah
OneHappyCookie
Marycita
Edwards1984
Amber.ly
mina
Miles
Rayofsun
Paulie079
PinkSweetart
toastface_grillah
Soldier<3
Ninzae
Jess9450
Ethnog
TX_CO_Matt
Strider1002
Miss Spaulding
Squeakers
Toro
Dandelions in the Rain
wannaberocker
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

What's on your mind? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Pinky I'm praying for your back!

And I didn't get your text until I turned my phone off and back on to see if that would work this morning after the gym. I then got full bars, got your text, then went to my sister's to grab something, but then the bars went back down to one. It keeps doing that. I hope it's not a malfunction in the phone, but I've been trying to re-text you
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Sauceman wrote:
Pinky I'm praying for your back!

And I didn't get your text until I turned my phone off and back on to see if that would work this morning after the gym.  I then got full bars, got your text, then went to my sister's to grab something, but then the bars went back down to one.  It keeps doing that.  I hope it's not a malfunction in the phone, but I've been trying to re-text you

Thank you! Smile

Aw, I hope it's not your phone! I remember I had a phone that would do that to my texts. I'd end up getting them all when I rebooted my phone. It was annoying!
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:26 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Strider1002 wrote:

Eventually I'll see who I was thinking of and I'll think, "hey, he looks like Wannabe..."

Yes. His name is.....Adrian Pasdar. Cool 

Razz Razz 

I see the resemblance... I never watched Heroes, though.

Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:50 pm

^ Lol. The more you look, the more they really don't look like each other that much, it's just at first glance. Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:00 pm

How can I even have a family if I can't even take care of myself financially?
I get this overwhelming feeling rush into me and I can't shake it off!

Well I take care of myself fine financially I couldn't a family with it that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:44 pm

Ethnog wrote:
How can I even have a family if I can't even take care of myself financially?
I get this overwhelming feeling rush into me and I can't shake it off!

Well I take care of myself fine financially I couldn't a family with it that's for sure.

All things when He intends it to, you don't have the money to raise a family now, because you don't have kids.

I worry about the same thing some times, but then I remember. I will do whatever I have to, when ever I have to, to take care of my kids and wife, IF I ever have them.

Not only do I have that faith in me to do that, more so I have faith He will provide what I need, to do what I need.
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:53 pm

Almost done with my second Karen Kingsbury book. They are predictable but well written.
Maybe I'll curl up tonight and finish it.

Ethie Hug
It's rough thinking about finances like that.
I think everyone worries about that sort of stuff.
My old boss once told me "There is no financially right time to have a baby."

The older I get and the more I see people manage to fit a little one into their lives with such varied budgets...the more I tend to agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:10 pm

Ethie, I'm assuming you wouldn't be having a family all by yourself...that you'd have a husband to help out. The two of you together could do a lot more than just you by yourself.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:43 pm

Well, its time I go make another sammich and then shave my head and face, shower and then likely go to bed. Have a great night everyone. I get to stay up later tomorrow since I work Friday evening..... Yahoo well, at least until I have to be at work at 1pm..... then it will be Sigh I wanna be getting off work right now, NOT going to work.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:55 pm

goodbye  goodnight!
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:32 pm

*see below post*

Last edited by Guy Incognito on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://onecrossstreet.blogspot.ca/
Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:32 pm

How gorgeous this is

Back to top Go down
http://onecrossstreet.blogspot.ca/
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:03 pm

It still amazes me how fast we can go from doing well to shattered in a second.  

Words are so incredibly powerful, and I don't think people realize just how much.

1 damaging word / sentence can erase 20 encouragements.  Choosing how you say something is often more important than what you say.  

There's a fine line between teasing, and really damaging someone.  It's important to know where that line is.  

Disagreeing with people is to be expected.  But we need to remember not to automatically assume they think the same way we do.  People have their own reasons, life experiences, way of looking at things, and it's naive of us to think that they're going to see things the same way we do.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:08 pm

Is it bad that I kind of want to troll the Fantasy Football thread? ...Yeah. I guess it is.

In other news: The bear showed itself today. It was a baby. Big Eye 
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:17 pm

Along with my last post, I was listening to the radio a few days ago and they were talking about marriage communication and how important it is. They said one of the things it's really important for couples to do is make sure they're on the same page with one another.

So when the wife or husband says

I feel....
I want you to do this....
I need....

The other spouse repeats back to them what they heard and what they thought it meant

Then the first person either affirms that it is correct, or they restate the original intent until they are both understanding what is needed / wanted

I'm thinking about trying to apply that more to my every day communication with people, whether it be offline or online.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:18 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Is it bad that I kind of want to troll the Fantasy Football thread? ...Yeah. I guess it is.

You know what would really be bad? If you joined our league. Yes, that would totally ruin my day...
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:21 pm

Spunkn wrote:
Along with my last post, I was listening to the radio a few days ago and they were talking about marriage communication and how important it is.  They said one of the things it's really important for couples to do is make sure they're on the same page with one another.

It's true. Guys and girls communicate differently, so we need to be careful about that. And then there's internet communication, which can also get misinterpreted sometimes...
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 pm

What do I want to do this evening?
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 pm

I don't know why but it feels like a Friday to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:05 pm

It says there's a google bot online right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
You know what would really be bad? If you joined our league. Yes, that would totally ruin my day...

What's on your mind? - Page 38 Famous-characters-Troll-face-Challenge-accepted-140949

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I don't know why but it feels like a Friday to me.

I've been thinking all day that it's Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:12 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
It says there's a google bot online right now.

Yeah, that weirds me out a little. I've never heard of a Christian robot...
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:29 pm

Googlebot is Google's web crawling bot (sometimes also called a "spider"). Crawling is the process by which Googlebot discovers new and updated pages to be added to the Google index.

Source: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182072?hl=en
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: More Deli Drama and some life drama....   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:40 pm

So...yesterday I had to work one of the longer closing shifts (2:30pm-11pm). I go into work...and holy cow...I thought I just walked into a graveyard or something. Everyone was very somber and there was a tense, heavy aura around the deli. I asked what was up and was told that Player and Mayhem (who were both working at the time) had brought some of their 'couple' problems to the deli and pretty much made everyone else miserable. Thankfully after they left, it was a TON nicer...the night went well with Black Knight and Captain America (they made me laugh so much!) and  even got sent home early after the majority of work was done. *thumbsup*

Then comes today....

Ho-ly jump-ing crickets...today had to be THE worst day I've had in a while....

It started as soon as I woke up this morning. I woke up about an hour before my alarm was suppose to go off while having a really nice dream. Unfortunately, I can't remember that dream and that kinda upset me...but it wasn't too bad.
After a while, I heard my bro's alarm go off. I expected it, so that didn't bother me...until he forgot to turn it off before going downstairs. It went right to a berserk mode, which of course made me jump out of bed to turn it off. That right there made me angry.
I lay back down...just kinda driftin' off...then decide to check my clock. One glance and I seriously thought I over slept (and would eventually be late for work). I jump out of bed again...and then suddenly realize that it was still early. So...now I'm REALLY irritated and jump back into bed until my alarm finally goes off.
Ok...ready to go!
I go downstairs, as irritated as a bear and my head now pounding,and see that no one is actually up. Bro went back to bed (that little turkey...) and Mother went back for a nap too (she's been having some bad nights). Well, I was actually kinda bummed...I was hoping that perhaps Mother would've been up and could've made me some breakfast while I made my lunch for the day.
*sigh* ...fine, whatever...I'll make breakfast and do the morning dishes. Got done the dishes first, then went about making my breakfast.
Ya think that went over well? Nooooo...I splashed hot butter on my hand and burned myself. That was kinda the breaking point...I burst into tears and sobbed quietly while still making my breakfast.
So breakfast is done, get my lunch going, and NOW Mother comes down. Poor lady saw my tear-streaked face and tried her best to comfort me. She helped me finish my lunch and soon I was outta there (after scolding my bro, of course).

So! Finally get to work...I was actually pretty okay during the morning (although there were little incidents that made me irritated, but I kept my patience as best I could). I was working with Subtle Sociopath, Miss Pattycake, and Greenman. I was pretty bummed to hear that Crochet Lady called off last minute, but the crew I was with were pretty cool.
Then I heard that Player and Mayhem were coming in later. Honest to goodness, my stomach curled when I heard that. The LAST thing I wanted was to face something like what happened yesterday while I was having a bad day myself. As the time came closer for them to come in, I literally began to feel almost physically ill.
And so they finally come in...thankfully the aura around them today was a bit more pleasant, but nonetheless they still seem to have a bit of a 'do not touch' sorta air around them...so I could just feel the air slightly tense up.
Then the explosion happened...at least for me. I was waiting on a customer and happened to pass by the slicers when I noticed one of them was on and running with no one around. Now I always feel a tiny bit nervous and definitely cautious when it comes to the slicers being on, especially since quite a few of my co-workers keep them running while they weigh their meat/cheese at the scales...so I naturally turned it off to be safe (and it's the rules not to leave them on while you're not there).
"Hey, I was using that one!" I heard Player bark from across the deli. He was standing at one of the stand-up coolers, taking a fresh package out. He glares angrily at me.
"Well, isn't it against the rules to leave it on while you're not there?" I reply back with a little sting. Now he's giving me a death glare.
"I said I was using it! Don't go touching my slicer!" he snaps back vehemently.
"Well at least I follow the rules!" I shot right back with more warmth.
"Yeah? I follow rules too!" he barks again.
Riiiiight...says the guy that almost got my butt in trouble because I refused to wrap salads before 9pm...(and now we even have a sign on the cooler that states 'Do NOT close the salad case before 9PM!')
Haha...now I'm as irritated as I was this morning and can feel the tears come to my eyes. I could feel the air in the deli tense up even more and it was AWFUL.
The rest of the afternoon was spent trying not to burst into tears. I felt so bad...there was one point where someone tried to joke with me and I almost cried right there. I was literally |___| <-- that close to crying...and even some of the customers saw it. After Player snapped at me, the customer I was waiting on actually shot him a dirty look and waved her hand at him like 'whatever, dude'. A couple of other customers seemed to try and smile more after seeing me...one even said 'I hope you have a very good day' with some emotion.
Zomigosh...I just felt so bad because I know emotions in the workplace is frowned upon...I wanted to crawl into a hole and die, pretty much. My eyes were practically glued to the clock, waiting for my shift to end.
Once I got home, I finally let the tears go. Mother hugged me for a few minutes while I just cried on her shoulder.

Thank God I'm off for the next two days. Hopefully I'll be all better again come Saturday.

(Holy crap...this is a loooooong post...sorry guys! >.>)
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:47 pm

I totally just remembered the screen name of the person we were probably talking about earlier. Sonfest Rocker.

http://www.christianforums.com/users/93546/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next