ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Football... the real kind... American!

Go down 
+5
PinkSweetart
wannaberocker
Edwards1984
Toro
Strider1002
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 17632_10151870730595561_2136385005_n
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:02 pm

Sauceman wrote:
Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 17632_10151870730595561_2136385005_n

Meh, he knows how to get there, he just always gets lost in the parking lot.

Peyton Manning still wishes he were a bull and I have proof.

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 Peyton-Manning-2

Many imposters but only one...... Toro.  Sput!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:05 pm

LOL.

I may be biased, but I think Denver has the overall most talented team in the NFL. It's Superbowl or bust at this point.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:10 pm

I like it when people admit that they're biased Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:10 pm

My top 5 would be

1) P. Manning
2) Rogers
3) Brady
4) Brees
5) E. Mannning

I rank Brady as 3 for one reason: I have ZERO respect for Tom Brady as a NFL player. I think he has a great skill set and good team leader, but Brady is a baby about getting it. The reason you can't hit QB in the NFL: goes back to Tom Brady.

I'd probably rank Schaub around 15. I saw a instagram video of Texas arriving for their first practice, you could hear crickets when Schaub walked in compared to when Watt walked in.

Bottom 5
28) Romo
29) Weeden
30) Locker
31) Tannehill
32) Kolb

Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Sauceman wrote:
LOL.  

I may be biased, but I think Denver has the overall most talented team in the NFL.  It's Superbowl or bust at this point.  

We shall see when I am sitting at the game watching your Broncos play in Reliant on Dec. 22.

I sure wont make it easy for Peytons ears....I will bring change and drink a few beers and drop the coins into the bottles for added noise.

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 Img20360772
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
I like it when people admit that they're biased Smile

Im not biased. I just KNOW I already root for the best team. Sput!

Haters just be hatin my wisdom is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:19 pm

At least my QB still has both of his ears Cool 

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 Th?id=H.4611232602784050&pid=15
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:25 pm

Sauceman wrote:
At least my QB still has both of his ears Cool 

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 Th?id=H.4611232602784050&pid=15

Yeah, well when your QB can do this without needing another neck surgery, then you can talk. Razz

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 Tumblr_m4unae4mZJ1qilzu8o1_400
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:26 pm

His neck is just fine. He's only gotten better since last season.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:38 am

Sauceman wrote:
His neck is just fine.  He's only gotten better since last season.  

Good, it's gotta be hard making pizzas with a sore neck.

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 Peyton-Manning-Can-Make-You-A-Pizza
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:21 am

JJ Watt, the exception to the "White man can't jump" rule. Laughing 

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 Iw6yZORo1y32j
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:10 pm

I don't really have a team anymore. It's nice, I can just enjoy whatever game is on.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
I don't really have a team anymore. It's nice, I can just enjoy whatever game is on.

See, I can't do that. I LOVE football, but I have to care about the outcome. Otherwise.... I could just catch highlights on a sports show and save all those hours of my day.

When the Oilers left Houston, I stopped watching football completely. When the Texans were born, I came back.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:54 pm

At a certain point, the corruption in the sport and the media just became too much. And the fact that players will abandon a team for more money. Well, why should I show any loyalty to one team? What's in it for me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Well I just read a report that Von Miller didn't fail any drug test, neither PEDs or recreational drugs. So I'm still hopeful that his suspension will be lifted. Not sure exactly what he was suspended for then. He's staying quiet about it until after the appeal.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
At a certain point, the corruption in the sport and the media just became too much. And the fact that players will abandon a team for more money. Well, why should I show any loyalty to one team? What's in it for me?

That is one of the good things about the Texans, the way the team is built, the man who owns the team wants "good ole boys" people with heart, not just talent. Men that stay out of trouble, unlike people like Suh and others.

Is it perfect? No, but its clear Mcnair wants to build a team of character AND talent, not just talent without looking at their character as well, where you end up with a team full of arrogant jerks and wanna be thugs.

It's a business, so I dont have misconceptions that money and a TON of it is changing hands.... but.... it's a nice change to the typical touted thugs of the NFL.

Sure, some times its a bit Mickey Mouse club. Like when the Texans unveiled "letterman jackets" and makes me say Doh! but, its different than the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 8:36 am

I thought this was funny. Fans even stretching with the team during training camp.

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 1009806_602349979786663_1823691471_n
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:08 am

*Pokes head in*
Cowboys, cowboys, COWBOYS! Woot, woot, woot!

Razz
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:12 am

PinkSweetart wrote:
*Pokes head in*
Cowboys, cowboys, COWBOYS!  Boo, who, who!

Razz

Fixed for you, Razz
Back to top Go down
Marycita

Marycita

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:36 am

Completely random thought without reading the thread...I would beg to differ that the real kind of football is American, seeing as how what countries like Spain consider to be "football" is our soccer...It always confuses me why we switched that, seeing as soccer is actually played completely with feet..Odd Americans Razz

Anywhoo - if I wasn't a Browns fan, I would be disowned. So, yeah Wink
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Maryyyyyy, here's an article you might enjoy Razz
Man Wants Browns Pallbearers

Also, the Broncos' starting center is out for the year now. Not a good sign...
Back to top Go down
Marycita

Marycita

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Bahahaa! I half expected it to be from the future, and one of my brothers Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Marycita wrote:
Completely random thought without reading the thread...I would beg to differ that the real kind of football is American, seeing as how what countries like Spain consider to be "football" is our soccer...It always confuses me why we switched that, seeing as soccer is actually played completely with feet..Odd Americans Razz

I believe the reasoning is that it's played "on foot." But then, given the way they've changed the game in recent years, maybe we should start calling it passball.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 6:05 pm

Personally, I still find football to be extremely entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football... the real kind... American!
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next