ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Football... the real kind... American!

Go down 
+5
PinkSweetart
wannaberocker
Edwards1984
Toro
Strider1002
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
Personally, I still find football to be extremely entertaining.

Yeah, sure. There's nothing quite like it. I just feel like the integrity of the game has been compromised.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Marycita

Marycita

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:20 pm

Strider1002 wrote:

I believe the reasoning is that it's played "on foot." But then, given the way they've changed the game in recent years, maybe we should start calling it passball.
Well that makes sense...but so are many other sports Razz

I was just being a turkey anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Hey. American football has been around for thousands of years before soccer. It's in the bible.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Sauceman wrote:
Hey.  American football has been around for thousands of years before soccer.  It's in the bible.  

Yup, the rules are described in Hezekiah 5
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:36 pm

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Sauceman wrote:
Hey.  American football has been around for thousands of years before soccer.  It's in the bible.  

Yup, the rules are described in Hezekiah 5

It was also foretold that the greatest team to EVER exist would be created as an expansion team and be located in Houston, Texas.

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 Houston-texans-let
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:23 pm

with the Hall of Fame game last night, it's officially preseason!
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:30 pm

aaaaaand the Packers lost their left tackle for the season. And they have issues with their kicker, which is the most annoying problem to have.

*goes to kick something*
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 And_its_gone_original
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Injuries suck.

(But not so much that we need more safety rules.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:24 pm

I admit, the Texas are the only team that scare me right now. It's been going back and forth on NFL.com on which team will win the AFC, Houston or Denver. They're both great, talented teams that had a good record and improved in the off-season.

But, with an unbiased (though ya'll will say it is) opinion, I'd still go with Denver as Schaub is a decent QB at best vs. Manning who is in the top three. I think that alone (and our coaching staff) makes Denver a slightly better team.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:40 pm

I would say Denver, Indy, and Houston are my top three choices to win the AFC. The AFC championship game is probably going to be Denver versus the winner of the AFC South. The North has nobody. The East has Tom Brady, but he has nobody to throw it to. Yes, he's Tom Brady...but name a TE or WR that will play this season.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 pm

The North has nobody? Not even the Super Bowl champions? I'm not a Ravens fan, but... I don't see how you can disregard that little fact.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
The North has nobody? Not even the Super Bowl champions? I'm not a Ravens fan, but... I don't see how you can disregard that little fact.

Super Bowl titles mean nothing in terms of success next year. Look at the Giants, won the Super Bowl in 2012 and didn't even make it to the playoffs last year. I'm not saying the Ravens aren't a good team, I'm saying I don't see them as contenders for the AFC title this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Normally once a team wins the Superbowl, they drop off. Rarely does a team stay in the playoff picture. I know there are teams that disregard my point, like the Patriots who have always seemed to stay in the hunt for the last decade lol. But the Ravens lost most of their talent, especially what made them good...their D. I don't even think the Ravens will make it to the playoffs and if they do, they'll be a wildcarder because the rest of the division isn't too good. Apparently, though, Cincinnati has really revamped and the Steelers could be good, but they're an old team (as was the Ravens). Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 pm

I'd like to see predictions of who's going to be the worst team this year. Who's got the best chance of matching the 2008 Lions? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:19 pm

The Lions hahaha
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:47 am

Wes Welker on Bill Belichick: "It was just kind of hard," Welker said. "One of those deals where you have to endure him, put up with him. ... But he does it to everybody, it's the way he is."

I'll bet many players would love to put up with him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:50 am

Strider1002 wrote:
Wes Welker on Bill Belichick: "It was just kind of hard," Welker said. "One of those deals where you have to endure him, put up with him. ... But he does it to everybody, it's the way he is."

I'll bet many players would love to put up with him Very Happy

If I was ever drafted by the Patriots, I wouldn't sign. I have ZERO respect for Bill Belichick, he is a cheater with absolutely no class.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:52 am

In terms of worst teams in the league, I think the Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Arizona Cardinals, and New York Jets will be among them.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:53 am

Also, this year will be the year that Joe Flacco demonstrates exactly how not worth his current contract he actually is.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:10 am

Paulie079 wrote:
Also, this year will be the year that Joe Flacco demonstrates exactly how not worth his current contract he actually is.

He's always been very mediocre in the regular season, but no one seems to notice...
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:30 am

I just realized today that Greg Jennings is no longer a Packer.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:38 pm

I think the worst team in the league is the Cardinals, Jaguars, or Titans.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 7:10 pm

I've been playing FIFA all day and thus, I need to post this....

GO BLUES!!!

Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 Wallpapaer-Chelsea-Flag1-e1368657987617

back to American football.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
I just realized today that Greg Jennings is no longer a Packer.
Yep...and ever since that became the case he hasn't been able to shut up. He's become a serious diva since he started putting on purple jerseys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football... the real kind... American!
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next