ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Football... the real kind... American!

Go down 
+5
PinkSweetart
wannaberocker
Edwards1984
Toro
Strider1002
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

Football... the real kind... American! Empty
PostSubject: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:14 am

Hey, the preseason starts August 4th, so let's get ready! :bounce: 
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Two words.....

Cheer! GO TEXANS!!!!! Cheer! 

Football... the real kind... American! Go_texans_final_400

Football... the real kind... American! Keep-calm-and-go-texans-11
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:02 am

I once ranked all 32 NFL teams from Most to least favorite....

1) Texans
2) Broncos
3) Packers
4) Cowboys
5) Bears
6) Jets
7) Seahawks
8. Rams
9) Saints
10) Chargers
11) Falcons
12) Redskins
13) Bengals
14) Dolphins
15) Panthers
16) Vikings
17) Cardinals
18) Bills
19) Browns
20) 49ers
21) Giants
22) Eagles
23) Buccaneers
24) Steelers
25) Raiders
26) Cheifs
27) Jaguars
28) Titans
29) Colts
30) Ravens
31) Lions
32) Patriots
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:12 am

I'm looking forward to seeing Aaron Rodgers continue his run as best QB in the NFL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing Aaron Rodgers continue his run as best QB in the NFL Very Happy

I can't argue currently, but, I think the one that MIGHT surpass him is Kaepernick. That guy is impressive, admittedly, my sample size is rather small (Superbowl mostly) but I was impressed.

My list of favorites is simple.

1 Texans
2 Texans
3 Texans
4 Texans
5 Texans
6 Texans
7 Texans
8 Texans
9 Texans
10 Texans

32 Texans

Everyone else.

99 Cowboys BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
100 Titans (BOOOOOOOOOOO Sput! *Giving the universal symbol of disapproval*)
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Personally I have no respect for the NFL anymore, but I will watch the games as long as they're entertaining. Until they take defenses completely out of the game, at least.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Yes, but until there is a true alternative....... not this Area stuff or Canadian football league. Sput!
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Toro wrote:

I can't argue currently, but, I think the one that MIGHT surpass him is Kaepernick. That guy is impressive, admittedly, my sample size is rather small (Superbowl mostly) but I was impressed.

My list of favorites is simple.

1 Texans
2 Texans
3 Texans
4 Texans
5 Texans
6 Texans
7 Texans
8 Texans
9 Texans
10 Texans

32 Texans

Everyone else.

99 Cowboys BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
100 Titans (BOOOOOOOOOOO Sput!*Giving the universal symbol of disapproval*)

My list isn't evenly distributed. There is a big separation between 1 and 2. Not a very large seperation between 2 and 4, moderate gap to 5 - 14 don't have a large gap. 13-26 is a very small gap in distribution. significant jump from 26 to 27, small distribution from 27-31.

In summary, 1: favorite
2-4: teams I will always root for unless playing the Texans and I kind of keep up with and have more interest in thatn others (ranked in order of who I wold root for)
5-14: teams I like, but don't necessary keep up with
13-26: I don't care whether they win or lose
27 - 28: teams I don't like b/c they're divisional rivals
29-31: teams I don't like b/c of actual reasons (find dirty/always beat us)
32: Satan's team
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:08 pm

^ You're right about the Ravens being dirty...
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
^ You're right about the Ravens being dirty...

Well a lot of people say the Texans play dirty too.

Personally the Ravens don't bother me much... I dont care for them but I don't hate them.

The only teams I truly hate are the Cowboys and the Titans.

The Cowboys - They are arrogant, without reason. (Not that arrogance is ever okay, but, at the very least, BACK IT UP! )

It's why when TO was there it was a perfect fit, he matched the rest of the organization.

America's Team, my bull hiney. The ONLY reason people allowed them to get away with that is simple..... the cheerleaders. Short of one beautiful Asian that used to be a cheerleader for the Chargers and My all time favorite Texans Cheerleader..... Jana. In love 

They did have some of the best, but thats not shocking, Texas women..... Shy

The Titans, my hatred of them stems from the past, their time here in Houston, the owner being a...... clown they showed absolutely no loyalty to their fan base.... not because they left but the actions that lead to their departure.... so.... the love I had for my Oilers, did a 180 and as much as I cheered for them... is how much I currently love to see them fail.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Toro wrote:

The Cowboys - They are arrogant, without reason. (Not that arrogance is ever okay, but, at the very least, BACK IT UP! )

I don't blame the Cowboys for being that way at all. I think the entire reason the Cowboys are who they are right now is because of Jerry Jones.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:12 am

My friends and I have discussed this many times...could any play be worse than the "Butt Fumble"?
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:25 am

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
My friends and I have discussed this many times...could any play be worse than the "Butt Fumble"?

I think Mark Sanchez is a walkin', talkin' bad play.
Back to top Go down
Edwards1984

Edwards1984

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:50 am

Ah, another chance, here in Virginia, to see the Redskins get a lot of hype that goes nowhere :3
Back to top Go down
http://designofprovidence.blogspot.com
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 11:27 am

TX_CO_Matt wrote:

Nope, it's been Sportscenter's Worst of the Worst play as voted on by the fans for nearly a year now lol.

In other news, Von Miller is going to get canned for 4 weeks. Interesting turn of events there.

Also, Ron Jaworski rightfully ranked Aaron Rodgers as the #1 quarterback in the NFL. I was happy to see that. Some of his other rankings were a bit screwy, though. (He legit put Joe Flacco in the top 5 quarterbacks in the NFL ahead of Drew Brees--he's on crack with that one. Flacco made it through the playoffs by throwing jump balls to Anquan Boldin. They beat Denver on a prayer that in all luck went for a touchdown.)
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
TX_CO_Matt wrote:

Nope, it's been Sportscenter's Worst of the Worst play as voted on by the fans for nearly a year now lol.

In other news, Von Miller is going to get canned for 4 weeks. Interesting turn of events there.

Also, Ron Jaworski rightfully ranked Aaron Rodgers as the #1 quarterback in the NFL. I was happy to see that. Some of his other rankings were a bit screwy, though. (He legit put Joe Flacco in the top 5 quarterbacks in the NFL ahead of Drew Brees--he's on crack with that one. Flacco made it through the playoffs by throwing jump balls to Anquan Boldin. They beat Denver on a prayer that in all luck went for a touchdown.)

Anybody who says Schaub is a Top 10 QB is an idiot for doing so. I would personally rank him around 15. He puts up the numbers he does because of our receiving core.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 4:06 pm

ESPN has an opinion? Oh, that's nice, so does everyone.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 12:37 pm

I just ranked all 32 NFL quarterbacks myself:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Matt Ryan
6. Eli Manning
7. Colin Kaepernick
8. Russell Wilson
9. Alex Smith
10. Robert Griffin III
11. Joe Flacco
12. Matthew Stafford
13. Ben Roethlisberger
14. Andrew Luck
15. Jay Cutler
16. Cam Newton
17. Andy Dalton
18. Sam Bradford
19. Matt Schaub
20. Christian Ponder
21. Tony Romo
22. Matt Flynn
23. Philip Rivers
24. Josh Freeman
25. Michael Vick
26. Jake Locker
27. Chad Henne
28. Kevin Kolb
29. Ryan Tannehill
30. Carson Palmer
31. Brandon Weeden
32. Mark Sanchez

Last edited by Paulie079 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:59 pm

I think Brady's number 1, and I hate the Patriots Smile
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:00 pm

My top 3 is personally

1) Manning
2) Rogers
3) Brady
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Brady is the last QB in the league who I would want to face, because when time is running out and he needs to score, usually he does. Like, through force of will or something. It's kind of scary. Manning and Rogers and all the others can be foiled more easily.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:25 pm

The main reason Manning wasn't #2 on my list was that he has a tendency to make poor decisions moreso than Rodgers or Brady do. And I would put Rodgers ahead of Brady simply because
1) Rodgers is younger.
2) Rodgers has a little better arm strength and accuracy.
3) a lot more has been asked of Aaron Rodgers because of the lack of an effective running game or a great defense.
4) Rodgers is more mobile.

Also, Rodgers has proven to be pretty lethal when the game is on the line. This might turn out to be the biggest pass of his career.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Brady is the last QB in the league who I would want to face, because when time is running out and he needs to score, usually he does. Like, through force of will or something. It's kind of scary. Manning and Rogers and all the others can be foiled more easily.

This, IMO Brady is probably the best. I think CK is likely the future best, but Brady is the ONLY QB I truly feared with my Texans in the PO's. (Even before both losses to them)

I didn't see us surviving a PO game against Bill and Tom.... I watched, I cheered for my team.... But Kubiak and Schaub VS them two.... Doh! 

I don't fear Payton (I respect his ability to hurt you, I don't take him lightly, even with a comfortable lead) The only time I feared Manning is when he was playing at home in Indy. We still cant win there.

As for your list Paulie, I see it as fair, although I would rank Schaub a little bit higher (not much however) While some of the QBs above him seem better so far, they are still young and could downward spiral.... or they could improve drastically. Because of that Xfactor, I would have to put Schaub a few ticks higher (again not much, Id take Schaub over Dalton as well) because with him, you KNOW you are getting a good, but far from elite QB. He can control a game, just don't place him in a "Be a Brady/ Rodgers/ Manning" situation where he has to take the game back from a large margin often and you are good to go.

Of course I am one of the few home town crowd that still support him, I don't think the expectations placed on him are entirely fair. YES, there are better QBs, but Schaub isn't so bad you demolish the offense and bring in someone new for them to build something with, but if you put a coach in there that doesn't play from the fetal position constantly, you'd make a far bigger impact than a QB change.

Id rather see my team lose important games throwing all they have at the other team playing to WIN, not playing for a "moral victory".
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Any of you guys play fantasy football? If so does anyone wanna explain to me how to play.

SOme guys at work play and they were saying that I should join play with them too. So I was like "ok". But Iv never been into fantasy football and have no idea how to play.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:54 am

wannaberocker wrote:
Any of you guys play fantasy football? If so does anyone wanna explain to me how to play.

SOme guys at work play and they were saying that I should join play with them too. So I was like "ok". But Iv never been into fantasy football and have no idea how to play.

It's all about stats and which players consistently have good games. You're looking for guys likely to get at least one touchdown or around 100 yards a week. Or for a QB, at least 2 TDs and/or 300 yards Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Football... the real kind... American! Empty

Back to top Go down

Football... the real kind... American!
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next