ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have a Crush on Anyone?

Go down 
+22
Hadassah
Apricity
OneHappyCookie
Edwards1984
Rayofsun
Soldier<3
Dandelions in the Rain
Ninzae
Miles
Squeakers
Paulie079
Spunkn
Strider1002
Ethnog
Miss Spaulding
Jess9450
TX_CO_Matt
Toro
Bristecom
PinkSweetart
Maka
wannaberocker
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:22 am

Strider1002 wrote:
I'd define "laying down" as any time a guy subverts his own needs or desires for the sake of making a girl like him, or to avoid any possible relationship conflicts. I did that in the past. Then I grew up Smile
Girls or guys can do that. Pretending to be different than we are to be liked and to avoid conflict. It's not a good thing to do, and it's dishonest. Eventually it may effect the relationship.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:42 am

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

Girls or guys can do that. Pretending to be different than we are to be liked and to avoid conflict. It's not a good thing to do, and it's dishonest. Eventually it may effect the relationship.
not "May" it definitely effect the relationship. People who put up a front cant keep it up forever. Eventually the front falls.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:46 am

Soldier<3 wrote:
Guys I need your help.  What do I do?

So... a nice young man... seems interested.  I can be very mistaken, but it seems like he is.  

He's been concerned.  He's pmed me.  After a nice conversation.  He states...
1. By the way.  By what I've seen your personality makes you."
2. "  just know you have my approval since day 1..." (Why didn't I jump at that moment and ask what you mean? I don't know... I was shocked by it and I was left speechless.)
3. I Said hi hope your doing well.  He said he was... then he said... (xxx) xxx-xxxx Text me whenever.

In all honesty I was going to give him my number, but I held off.

We've texted little things, but I don't really know cause... well He's not much of a talker... He said he was shy and for him to take the initiative I'm just presuming that he is interested, but I'm not sure.  

So guys... I should play it cool right? Just relax and take it smooth.  He really may only just want to be a friend thats all right?

I was going to respond to this earlier but I forgot. Oops.

If you're at all interested in him, I'd give him your number and see where it goes. For him to do those things, and admit he's shy, I'd say he's interested. But that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:11 am

wannaberocker wrote:
Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

not "May" it definitely effect the relationship. People who put up a front cant keep it up forever. Eventually the front falls.
I kept editing it back and forth between "it will effect the relationship negatively" or "it may effect the relationship negatively" Razz
I'm not decisive with my editing. (Which is why I edit my posts like 10 times sometimes.)

But yeah.. keeping up a front, especially to avoid conflict, can be really hurtful in the end; because it will come up eventually.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 am

Soldier<3 wrote:
Strider... That's also been a first for me.  A guy willingly giving me his number is not truly done often.  Last time it was done was a cfer, but they only did it to help and out of the kindness of their heart.  So... yeah... it's a first for me.  

The only thing I wonder about is what he means by "You have my approval since day 1." That was a blunder on my end. I should of asked him.  I just didn't know how to.  I guess I was kind of scared to put him on the spot, since he said he was shy.  

I've been quiet, but so far he seems to be responsive, but he stated he was shy.  Who knows... only time will tell.  I'll just leave it alone.  Until... I am sure.
I don't know you very well (but you're very sweet!), is it possible that you're overthinking this? I agree with those who say most people don't give someone their number unless their interested. I say just relax and play it by ear. If you do get in touch with him just chat casually and see what happens. Smile

Strider1002 wrote:
I'd define "laying down" as any time a guy subverts his own needs or desires for the sake of making a girl like him, or to avoid any possible relationship conflicts. I did that in the past. Then I grew up Smile
I dated a guy like this. Conversations became very frustrating. I got to where I would contradict myself just to see what he would do and more often than not he would agree with me no matter what I said. Drove me nuts.

Roger Ebert said something interesting about that. It is an interesting law of romance that a truly strong woman will choose a strong man who disagrees with her over a weak one who goes along. Strength demands intelligence, intelligence demands stimulation, and weakness is boring. It is better to find a partner you can contend with for a lifetime than one who accommodates you because he doesn’t really care.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:25 pm

Well, there was a crush developing, but it got crushed. Ah well....
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:29 pm

sorry to hear that squeakers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:46 pm

She messaged me out of the blue last night, asking how my weekend was, how work was going and stuff. It was a shock, since no one ever sends me random messages. I shouldn't have told my friend Steve, because now he's totally convinced of her interest in me lol.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:50 pm

random messages are always a good sign
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:24 am

Cinnamon Hazelnut coffee.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:35 am

Squeakers wrote:
Well, there was a crush developing, but it got crushed. Ah well....
Aww. That's too bad. Neutral 
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:02 am

Awesome Sauce wrote:
She messaged me out of the blue last night, asking how my weekend was, how work was going and stuff.  It was a shock, since no one ever sends me random messages.  I shouldn't have told my friend Steve, because now he's totally convinced of her interest in me lol.  
I think everyone and their grandmother can now figure out that she has some interest in you. But convincing you is a tough task. I sometimes think if she came up and stood naked in front of you, your response still might be "I don't know if she likes me or not"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:29 am

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 11:33 am

watching old episodes of Gilmore Girls has reawakened a celebrity crush I had on Matt Czuchry Blush 
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 12:22 pm

three cheers for Gilmore Girls! Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
three cheers for Gilmore Girls!  Razz
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:45 pm

hey now, nothing wrong with enjoying GG.
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Jess9450 wrote:
Not if you don't value your man cards, no...
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:44 pm

I watched Gilmore girls a few times when I was younger. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:48 pm

I think I've seen maybe 3 episodes of Gilmore Girls. Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:59 pm

I love Gilmore girls.
: )
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 5:28 pm

I saw Haley last night at the devo. That's really all.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Jess9450 wrote:
Not if you don't value your man cards, no...
Yes Gilmore girls is super lame.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Never saw Gilmore Girls before....

On a different note, is it kinda sorta like crushy-feelings if I suddenly feel hyper/giddy/silly when a certain guy is nearby...?
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:03 am

Squeaks!! YES! lol! Tell us more... *excitedly waits*

Oh! And if you're wondering what classifies as a crush, I just remembered Rose of Eden's Crush levels. Ooh that girl. So awesome!

Rose of Eden wrote:
The Levels of Crushes (According to Rose, Queen of the World):

"Piques My Interest" - The lowest and most basic level of a crush. Basically someone who sort of "catches your eye" for any reason when you first meet them. You notice something about them right away that you like, but since you barely know them and have just met them, you don't really think about them much when you're not around them.

"Kindergarten Crush" - Derived from the type of crushes one experiences in kindergarten. In this kind of crush, you essentially admire someone, you enjoy being around them, and you enjoy talking to them. This person excites you just a little bit and you do think about them sometimes.
**Note: I would consider TallPeppermintMocha's definition of a crush to fall under this category.

"Full-Blown Crush" - At this point, you have gotten to know your special person at least somewhat well. You admire them greatly and think highly of their character. You feel that you really click with this person. Just the thought of them makes you squeee and sigh and swoon. You enjoy talking to them...A LOT. Whenever you talk to them or are even around them, you get that nervous/exciting feeling, complete with crazy butterflies and all. You think about this person. A LOT.

"Hopelessly Ridiculous Infatuation" - In this stage, you have now gotten to know your special person very well (as one cannot legitimately attain this level of a crush without doing so) and you really, really, REALLY like them. You click very well with them, you are compatible with them, and you think VERY highly of their character. They are the type of person you would hope to marry one day. This person excites you...A LOT. Sometimes you can't breathe when you talk to them. Thinking about them makes you feel lightheaded...in a good way! And seeing their smile makes you swoon and faint. You glow when you're around them and you practically beam when you talk to them. You absolutely cannot stop thinking about this person and have had many a sleepless night talking to them and thinking about them. Essentially, you're INSANE about this person. You honestly believe that you will go CRAZY if you don't "give something a chance" with them, or at least know how they feel about you. It is at this level of a crush when you really have a serious and legitimate desire to date and start a relationship with your special person.

"Love" - The final stage of romance and crushes. This level is only attainable once someone has already passed through the "Hopelessly Ridiculous Infatuation" phase, dated their special person for a period of time, and made the conscious choice to love said person. This is a beautiful, selfless, sacrificial, and mature evolution from the previous stage between two mature people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a Crush on Anyone?   Do you have a Crush on Anyone? - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have a Crush on Anyone?
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: Fun Topics-
Jump to: