ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+12
Jess9450
wannaberocker
Apricity
Paulie079
Rayofsun
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
Miss Spaulding
Thunder Peel
Toro
TX_CO_Matt
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Squeakers

Squeakers

What's on your mind? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Never fear, Squeakers is here!

*superhero fanfare*

Cool Superman 
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Actually, if all the regular and semi-regular posters here got together, we'd have a pretty awesome superhero team. All with different abilities   Evil 

I think Toro's superhero name should be The Mad Cow  Cool

Suspect Only if I get to turn green and smash things...... TORO SMASH!!  Cool

What's on your mind? - Page 38 Tumblr_mt96tjHubW1sgl0ajo1_500

On my mind, lady bull hasnt answered my text about if she wants me to come over today and she should be home... so.... what to do with the day. What to do? Guess I shall be going to bed early tonight instead of rolling in at Midnight and sleeping and going to work at 3am.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 6:19 pm

Toro wrote:

Suspect Only if I get to turn green and smash things...... TORO SMASH!!  Cool

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 8:28 pm

Wait, can I be spider bull? Oh no wait, wolverine bull? Bullverine.....blades come out of my hooves
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Bwahaha! I'm trying to imagine blades coming out of hooves...that just seems so silly!  Laugh 
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:00 am

Alright CC family I never comfortable asking, but I am at a point where I really need prayer.

Since I caught a flu bug last weekend, I have been battling a plethora (word of the day for ya Wink ) of flu and cold symptoms, ranging from the typical to the obscure and strange. My mom and I were joking a few days back that each day I add at least 2 new painful symptoms/problems to my life, and so far it has continued on that steak without fail. Note to everyone, definitely be careful what you say! lol.

While I won't list all the problems that have been plaguing me, the list is becoming freakishly long and I am completely worn out. I just really need prayer for healing right now.So if you could remember me, I would very much appreciate it Smile
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:54 am

Sad Praying
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:11 am

You have my prayers, Ray.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:09 pm

I'm pretty fed up with where I've been trying to get work for the past 2 and a half years, and been volunteering with for a year.  Suspect  I think I might try to shift my job hunt to something better.

There seem to be so few opportunities where I live, I wonder if it's any better anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:34 am

I sometimes wonder why I consider that college ministry to be to a borderline cult, then a member posts the status "Come out to field by the Library tomorrow at 6:30 for ice cream and to hear the best news ever."  

Considering the city library is in the heart of downtown, I'm assuming they mean the big field by ACU's library.

I really wanted to reply "you mean the news that 100% of people at ACU have heard and 99% of them believe?"
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 10:31 am

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
I sometimes wonder why I consider that college ministry to be to a borderline cult, then a member posts the status "Come out to field by the Library tomorrow at 6:30 for ice cream and to hear the best news ever."  

Considering the city library is in the heart of downtown, I'm assuming they mean the big field by ACU's library.

I really wanted to reply "you mean the news that 100% of people at ACU have heard and 99% of them believe?"

To me, everyone needs to be reminded of the gospel every day, and there's ice cream involved, so it can't be thaaaat bad lol.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
TX_CO_Matt wrote:

To me, everyone needs to be reminded of the gospel every day, and there's ice cream involved, so it can't be thaaaat bad lol.

I agree, but they aren't going just remind people of it. I've been apart of that group, their intentions are to get people to join them. It's their version of the gospel, which they truly believe is better even though it's no different than anyone else's. There's utterly no difference between what they believe and what an average church believes, expect they present in a way that implies theirs is better and more right than anyone else's, and thus people join. It's a really good "marketing" strategy for being a college ministry in a town with three Christian universities and thousands of churches.

Their other strategy, which is the one I have a problem with, is to find something that's not necessarily sinful but not necessarily good, then change the dynamics of it to be a sinful thing and say that they can take care of it. It's very manipulative, benevolent, but still manipulative. There's abnormally high number of them who's testimonies where after the joined either suddenly everything improved, even though the only difference I ever saw in their beliefs was that they believed they were either more right than everyone else or the only one who got it)
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Praying.

On my mind.... its odd how fast one can lose themselves. To anger, fear and paranoia and so many other negative things.

Im just glad I got tired of hearing myself being in that place and started to back track to get back on the path I was on, not continuing down that fork in the road that I know leads to a dead end. Ive walked it before, why I started walking it again however is beyond me. Guess its better to waste time turning around after a short walk dow nthat path than it is to continue down a bad path only to turn around at the end of it, if you are lucky enough and thats even an option.

I like the happier Toro, the stronger, rational, fun Toro. Very Happy

What's on your mind? - Page 38 Large
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:43 pm

Thank you guys for your prayers. It means so much to me.
It's amazing that after I posted here, I actually started to get better relatively quickly. Maybe it's the chicken soup and love from going home to my parents or the loopy fun of our medicine cupboard Wink But either way, I'm finally back and feeling somewhat like myself lol!
AAAND I have my voice back! The silence is over Muahaha! Very Happy

But yes, thank you so much again. *virtual hugs to you all* <-- the good ones too, non of this side hug funny business.

Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:00 pm

Yay, Ray! I'm glad you're all better! Hug
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Yay!
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:07 am

Smile That is all.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 2:25 pm

What's on your mind? - Page 38 HD399FE79

Soooo... much..... blood. *looks at hand faints. Wakes up, looks at hand again, faints.... repeats*

Why is it cheap razors cut through anything.... including and especially through flesh and meat? I shaved my head using a cheap razor and.... you guessed it. Took a chunk off my head..... I tried to make myself pretty (clean shaven) instead im left looking like Carrie.  Suspect  I even picked chunks of myself off the razor.... good thing I got a skull....  Laughing 

I need new blades for my Mach 3, Phantom Fusion or my Hydro.... these cheapies stink, even when new like this one was.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:44 pm

I seriously feel like:

What's on your mind? - Page 38 2rfxb34

And yet no one would tell if they hung around me, because I am constantly smiling/giggling/bouncy...but deep down, I am a serious mess.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 9:35 pm

I love having theoretical discussions at the beach about what is possible for benders in the last Airbender cartoons. And discussions about why which Harry Potter books or movies were better or worse than others.

Big Eye 
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 pm

lady bulls youngest son gets jealous if I talk to another kid. Think that means he likes me. I called a kid lady bull is watching "buddy" and her son said "why did you call him buddy? Im your buddy, im your bestsss buddy" Then when the other kid sat next to me on the couch, her son rushed over and stared at the kid like he was thinkin "thats my Toro"
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 11:58 pm

Toro wrote:
lady bulls youngest son gets jealous if I talk to another kid. Think that means he likes me. I called a kid lady bull is watching "buddy" and her son said "why did you call him buddy? Im your buddy, im your bestsss buddy" Then when the other kid sat next to me on the couch, her son rushed over and stared at the kid like he was thinkin "thats my Toro"

Nice!  High Five 
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:01 pm

I don't know what design my study is, and there's no way he will help me.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 am

I wish weekends were longer, paychecks were bigger and I could sleep more often.

Ohhhh.... but reality is so much crueler than that utopia.

Monday is nigh.....  Suspect 

What's on your mind? - Page 38 Monday5

What's on your mind? - Page 38 Tumblr_mmwl97qv8o1rtut36o1_1280

What's on your mind? - Page 38 Monday_Garfield-004
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Chapel today brought up an interesting thought. If you are prideful in the success of your ministry, but you still have the right intentions, is the pride justified? Yes, from what he described his ministry in Honduras is very successful.

If I've ever met a prideful missionary, it was the guy who spoke in chapel today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next