ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+16
wannaberocker
Jess9450
Miles
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
Spunkn
mina
Ethnog
Squeakers
Toro
TX_CO_Matt
Dandelions in the Rain
Ninzae
Miss Spaulding
Apricity
Strider1002
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

What's on your mind? - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 1:38 pm

It's hump day.

Not for me, though. I'm off today.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Subway..... why you rip me off and not give me ton of Turkey, or bacon, or cheese or jalapenos?

10 dollars and all I got is this joke of a samich. Id eat your food more if you would realize, not all of us want a sandwich loaded with lettuce and stuff..... you know, the crud you pile on a sandwich to make it look so much bigger than it is?

Oh well at least I didn't have one of my hypoglycemic attacks.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Toro wrote:
Subway..... why you rip me off and not give me ton of Turkey, or bacon, or cheese or jalapenos?

10 dollars and all I got is this joke of a samich. Id eat your food more if you would realize, not all of us want a sandwich loaded with lettuce and stuff..... you know, the crud you pile on a sandwich to make it look so much bigger than it is?

I hear ya...that's why whenever I make sandwiches at work, I try to fill up the roll.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Toro wrote:

I always feel that subway is a rip off. Maybe because I also don't want lettuce and stuff on mine. I just don't understand the prices there. I was on my way to mexico this summer and we stopped at a subway.. I had $7 to last me the week in mexico. Which seemed reasonable for me, since most of our meals were already paid for. We stopped at subway and my tiny sandwich with just meat and cheese was $4... and I was starving after.. and sad that I only had $3 left for the week. I had to borrow money from someone. That sandwich was maybe worth $1... Sad

Next time I go with friends or people from church I should probably protest going. I just tend to go along with whatever people want when it comes to food.. except sometimes I request to my friends that wherever we go be cheap. Very Happy
I don't have money to throw around.

I was tempted to stop at a starbucks today though.. and that would have been about $4 for a drink... which is not as nutritious as a sandwich from subway. Very Happy So I guess if people really love subway then it's worth it to them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Squeakers wrote:

I hear ya...that's why whenever I make sandwiches at work, I try to fill up the roll.
Well thats it, next time I go to work Im eating where Squeaky is. Very Happy

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I always feel that subway is a rip off. Maybe because I also don't want lettuce and stuff on mine. I just don't understand the prices there. I was on my way to mexico this summer and we stopped at a subway.. I had $7 to last me the week in mexico. Which seemed reasonable for me, since most of our meals were already paid for. We stopped at subway and my tiny sandwich with just meat and cheese was $4... and I was starving after.. and sad that I only had $3 left for the week. I had to borrow money from someone. That sandwich was maybe worth $1... Sad

Next time I go with friends or people from church I should probably protest going. I just tend to go along with whatever people want when it comes to food.. except sometimes I request to my friends that wherever we go be cheap. Very Happy
I don't have money to throw around.

I was tempted to stop at a starbucks today though.. and that would have been about $4 for a drink... which is not as nutritious as a sandwich from subway. :DSo I guess if people really love subway then it's worth it to them.
Problem is, I LOVE Subway but I only eat it at desperate times (like today) because of the fact they don't fill me up. I need 2 foot longs to be okay. Today I only had one. They taste really good, but.... I don't like taking out a loan to be full from subway.

I had 30 mins to eat and Subway was the only thing there. Suspect They could have at least put more jalapenos on there. I like how theirs crunch..(freshness? cold?)... mmmmm crunchy jalapenos.... I hate squishy ones. But subways are like pickles, just the right amount of squishy and just the right amount of crunch.

I also like how their microwave bacon is so much more bacon than a normal fast food place. Most places its rubbery.... subways isn't crisp, but at least it chomps off where it should instead of sliding out, refusing to be chomped to pieces like a burger places bacon.

Oh and the turkey...... cheers 

If only they would pay me to be a spokes person and free subs..... Party 

Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:47 pm

I usually get Subway when I have a lunch at work, cause it's the healthiest thing nearby. And they have a 6-inch of the day for $2.50.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:48 pm

My friend used to work at Subway. They have videos that all employees are required to watch so the know how exactly to cut the bread and the right amount of portions they are supposed to have. The one she worked at was really dirty and cheap. For example you're supposed to get 8 meatballs if you order a meatball footlong, but her boss told her to give them only six unless they say anything. He scammed a lot of ppl out of what they were required to get (not just with meatballs either). Then she told me one time she had dropped a piece of bread by accident and left it there since she was dealing with customers. Later on she went back to toss it but her boss told her to put it back in the oven and no one had to know. That's gross. I only ate at her subway once and made sure she was the only one making my sandwich so I wouldn't be swindled. Don't even get me started about the rat turds on the counter...

Overall, I really like Subway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:59 pm

RaiyuuDarling wrote:
My friend used to work at Subway. They have videos that all employees are required to watch so the know how exactly to cut the bread and the right amount of portions they are supposed to have. The one she worked at was really dirty and cheap. For example you're supposed to get 8 meatballs if you order a meatball footlong, but her boss told her to give them only six unless they say anything. He scammed a lot of ppl out of what they were required to get (not just with meatballs either). Then she told me one time she had dropped a piece of bread by accident and left it there since she was dealing with customers. Later on she went back to toss it but her boss told her to put it back in the oven and no one had to know. That's gross. I only ate at her subway once and made sure she was the only one making my sandwich so I wouldn't be swindled. Don't even get me started about the rat turds on the counter...

Overall, I really like Subway Very Happy
That's gross.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:01 pm

Squeakers wrote:

That's gross.... Neutral
Suspect Just like with hotdogs..... if all the Subways I have ate had rat poop in them....... I won't stop eating them. Very Happy 

Not very appetizing, but, I liked them before, why should that stop me now? Razz
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:03 pm

On my mind, I have way to many clothes I don't/can't wear.

I should wash these and give them away.

Think I have a weeks worth of clothes I actually DO wear.

Yet after emptying out the trash bags full of clothes (its how I pack them to move)

I have 3 mountains of them.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Raiyuu your story made me laugh. =)

One time, when I was a teen, I ate at a restaurant in Maryland called the cozy inn; and the buffet and dishes were so filthy and some other things were done wrong so me and another girl decided to fill out a comment/rating card and we wrote out all our complaints then we made up a fake address because we didn't want them to know we're from California.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:55 pm

Went and saw 'Ender's Game'. It was actually really good. I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Went and saw 'Ender's Game'. It was actually really good. I enjoyed it.
And here I thought you spent all your time.... I don't know. Hugging trees and writing haikus to carrots. Razz

Glad you had fun hippie. Smile
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:15 am

Toro wrote:
And here I thought you spent all your time.... I don't know. Hugging trees and writing haikus to carrots. Razz
That's only every other Tuesday Wink
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:20 am

Toro wrote:

Glad you had fun hippie. Smile
But...I hate carrots. Neutral Though, I just ate some. Lol. Go fig. ...Yeah, I'm weird like that. I make myself eat certain things that I hate, except for meat of course. Cool 
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:39 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:

But...I hate carrots. Neutral Though, I just ate some. Lol. Go fig. ...Yeah, I'm weird like that. I make myself eat certain things that I hate, except for meat of course. Cool 
Of course you did, after all, hippies have a strict diet of rabbit food. You have 2 choices, carrots and lettuce. Razz

Do not fear the cow my hippie friend. I shall cull their population. If they rise up, just bring me more of teh BBQ sauce. It shall be a warning to the chicken and the pig as well. Although I HATE ham, bacon goes well on a burger.

That will only strengthen our cause if the pigs rise, as it will take more cows for me to take down the pigs. The cows will side with us in keeping the pigs down to avoid their own demise. They already protest for me to "Eat mor Chikin".

What's on your mind? - Page 30 Full

Strider1002 wrote:

That's only every other Tuesday Wink
Suspect Don't tell me she has converted you.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:43 pm

I love raw carrots. I should buy some.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Carrots are good. All veggies are good.

Get away from me with that torch, Toro...
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Strider I think you are safe if you eat all the veggies and leave the meat for Toro. =)

While you are at it leave the cheese, bread, pasta, pie, potatoes, candy, rice, and cheesecake for me.

Thanks.

Oh and don't forget the 100% fruit juice, I'll take that too.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Some of the guys I work with would've been happy to just stand around for a while if I hadn't gotten them going. Some people...
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:16 pm

I hate when my body goes hormonally wonky...I ended up crying twice today for stupid reasons....

ETA: I have this insane craving for chocolate...like, really bad...like, 'if-I-don't-get-some-now-I'mma-tear-someone's-head-off' bad....
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:07 pm

Fortunately, chocolate is now available at many fine retail establishments! Very Happy

(Don't tear my head off.)
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Squeakers wrote:
I hate when my body goes hormonally wonky...I ended up crying twice today for stupid reasons....

ETA: I have this insane craving for chocolate...like, really bad...like, 'if-I-don't-get-some-now-I'mma-tear-someone's-head-off' bad....
Somebody get this girl some chocolate!!! Wide Eye 
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Lol. I just find craving chocolate like that to be so odd. I've never in my life craved chocolate. It's just okay. I'd rather have hot, fresh-from-the-oven homemade bread with my coffee instead of chocolate (that actually goes for most all desserts as well).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:26 pm

other people's chocolate is your coffee lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next