ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hair care ^_^

Go down 
+4
Spunkn
Strider1002
Ninzae
Dandelions in the Rain
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Apricity
Apricity

Hair care ^_^ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair care ^_^   Hair care ^_^ - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:36 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:
^ :shock: Well, I certainly know who I'll be going to for hair care tips. Razz 
haha,I'm more into hair care than I probably should be, and I have wasted too much time on reading about stuff, and not enough on my own hair, but I do enjoy talking about it! Very Happy Most people have looked at me weirdly when I describe my hair care routine, so it's nice you think that, lol. Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Hair care ^_^   Hair care ^_^ - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:43 am

^ Oh no, I don't think you're weird at all! Or vain, if that's what you're worried about. Hair care and always fussing over having your hair styled perfectly all the time are two totally different things. I'm very much into what you're doing, but I just haven't gotten as far as you have.

It's very, very hard to keep my hair untangled and soft because we have hard well water. My hair is naturally very baby soft and fine, but because of the hard minerals in our water it just looks stringy and...bleh. :-/
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: Hair care ^_^   Hair care ^_^ - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:28 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:
^ Oh no, I don't think you're weird at all! Or vain, if that's what you're worried about. Hair care and always fussing over having your hair styled perfectly all the time are two totally different things. I'm very much into what you're doing, but I just haven't gotten as far as you have.

It's very, very hard to keep my hair untangled and soft because we have hard well water. My hair is naturally very baby soft and fine, but because of the hard minerals in our water it just looks stringy and...bleh. :-/
Ahem  That's good! lol Smile Yeah, I agree! It is interesting learning about all these things, and alternative methods. Very Happy

Oh, I have heard that hard water isn't very nice to hair. Hmm, that also reminds me of something I forgot to mention in my post. I use a diluted apple cider vinegar mix and put it in my hair while I'm showering and let it sit for a minute or so, and then rinse it, since it can help get rid of any mineral buildup from what I have heard, so it is great to use with hard water. I think we might have harder water too, although not too bad, and I think doing the rinses has helped my hair. I have also heard that buying a shower filter can really help with that as well. Some people will even use rain water, or distilled water to wash their hair separately, since that will not be hard water.

Here is some info on apple cider vinegar if you are interested:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here are some instructions on using it and benefits:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now you'll probably think this is weird, lol! Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Hair care ^_^   Hair care ^_^ - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:10 pm

^ Oh my word, I'm so going to try using apple cider vinegar!! Thank you for telling me about this! Very Happy I saved the link to my toolbar so that I can refer back to it if I need to.

It's funny, I've often wished I could use freshly caught rain water for my hair. My father said his grandmother (who was half Cherokee Indian) had the most beautiful long black hair and that she always washed it in rain water that she caught in some big drum she had. He said her hair was so shiny and gorgeous. I just bet the rain water played a huge part in that.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: Hair care ^_^   Hair care ^_^ - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
^ Oh my word, I'm so going to try using apple cider vinegar!! Thank you for telling me about this! Very Happy I saved the link to my toolbar so that I can refer back to it if I need to.

It's funny, I've often wished I could use freshly caught rain water for my hair. My father said his grandmother (who was half Cherokee Indian) had the most beautiful long black hair and that she always washed it in rain water that she caught in some big drum she had. He said her hair was so shiny and gorgeous. I just bet the rain water played a huge part in that.
You are welcome, I hope that it works for you! Very Happy

That is really neat! Her hair does sound like it was beautiful. I never have really thought of doing that before, but that likely helped her hair. I think I'd be too lazy to try, lol. Smile
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Hair care ^_^   Hair care ^_^ - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:47 pm

I have two razors to take care of my hair.  Nod 

I use this for the "precision" blade, I used to use it as the main shaver and my powered mach3 to do the gardening. (Get the majority of the hair out of the way so the 5 blades wouldn't get clogged)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then I found a cheaper set of blades which sent the Phantom fusion to precision duty, to get rid of the hair above my ears where my ears and head are attached, its just a small patch, so the single blade works great and fits in that small space. I also use the precision blade for the patch just under my nose that my nose blocks a normal razor.

I now use old blades to get the majority of the hair out of the way, then I go over it with a fresher blade to get a close shave with this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After the shave I wash my bald head with olive oil soap or I will get some oat flour and rub it over my head. Then my hair is taken care of and my head is shiny and smooth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hair care ^_^   Hair care ^_^ - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hair care ^_^
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2