ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+17
Bristecom
Ninzae
Toro
PinkSweetart
Apricity
Miles
Jess9450
Paulie079
Thunder Peel
wannaberocker
Squeakers
Hadassah
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
TX_CO_Matt
Spunkn
Miss Spaulding
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

What's on your mind? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
With you, the coffee ending has the same chance as the oceans running dry... elephant 
This is true.

Spunkn wrote:
Average guess for my age when people meet me is about 22.  It's kind of funny.
Lol. Yes, I can see that. For me it's different every time. Some think I'm like 18, and others apparently think I look old enough to have a teenage daughter. Razz Razz It's funny.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Spunkn wrote:
Average guess for my age when people meet me is about 22.  It's kind of funny.
I like guessing peoples' ages. But yeah, some people have thought that I am around 16. Although when I wear glasses and keep my hair tied back, I don't get those comments as much anymore. lol I'm not sure what age I look anymore. Very Happy

On my mind: I want to get this homework all done today if I can, so that I don't have to work on any tomorrow and maybe can cleanup around home instead if I can.

Last edited by Apricity on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Only when they see you with your niece. She looks like she could be your daughter.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Actually, now that I think of it. I remember once when I was with my little sisters someone had thought I was their mother. I was surprised. haha Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:28 pm

You have that mature look about you. People in their 20's today are hard to place sometimes. Some are parents. My sister is only a few years older than me and is in her early 30's, but has a 16-year-old daughter. She got pregnant young in high school. Now she's married with three kids.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Yeah, I think that is true that people in their 20s are harder to place. I think it is probably hardest guessing ages from late teens to late 20s (or maybe not, I am not sure, it probably depends from person to person)! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Apricity wrote:
Actually, now that I think of it. I remember once when I was with my little sisters someone had thought I was their mother. I was surprised. haha Happy 
How much older than them are you?

I usually get around my age. Though when I went through training, the Asst. Manager training me thought I was a senior in high school.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:39 pm

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Apricity wrote:
How much older than them are you?

I usually get around my age. Though when I went through training, the Asst. Manager training me thought I was a senior in high school.
I am 8 years older than my one sister, and 10 years older than my youngest sister. They both look around the same age though.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Apricity wrote:
Yeah, I think that is true that people in their 20s are harder to place. I think it is probably hardest guessing ages from late teens to late 20s (or maybe not, I am not sure, it probably depends from person to person)! Very Happy
It is hard sometimes. My oldest niece, who is seventeen, looks like she's 20-21 and in college. But she's also very bright and mature, so that only makes people think she's older even more. Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:53 pm

I think you look young Apricity. Smile

People still ask me what grade I'm in or what college I go too. Maybe I should return to school so I can have a more interesting answer.

I have a Korean American friend who's been living in Korea recently and she said that there when you introduce yourself you say your name and your age at the first meeting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
I have taken Stephen King's advice and set my novel aside.  For how long, I don't know.  I have a friend reading it while it rests.  In the meantime, I've started on the next book, which has a different flow from what I usually write.  When you take your mind off what you have just written and then later go back to it, it will be easier to read it with an open mind and it will be easier to edit.  
It does help. I didn't plan on doing it with White Friday, but it just happened when I got a new idea and started on something else. It turned out to be about 4 months. And it helped.

Regarding the age thing... I've gotten 25 and 35. So, whatev. If I had a beard and a shaved head, I could probably get 40 Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:56 pm

like during the beginning of the internet popularity when you'd join chat rooms and forums people would automatically ask for: A/S/L (age, sex, location).
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Speaking of beards.... I saw someone i didnt know with a beard the other day and was thinking "beards = glancing twice at someone" :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:02 pm

I tried to grow my beard, but my mom said to shave it because it doesn't suit me like the goatee does Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
It is hard sometimes. My oldest niece, who is seventeen, looks like she's 20-21 and in college. But she's also very bright and mature, so that only makes people think she's older even more. Lol.
Yeah, I think that is good she is bright and mature for her age, too many people are immature for their age these days. Very Happy
Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I think you look young Apricity. Smile

People still ask me what grade I'm in or what college I go too. Maybe I should return to school so I can have a more interesting answer.

I have a Korean American friend who's been living in Korea recently and she said that there when you introduce yourself you say your name and your age at the first meeting.
haha, yeah, it doesn't hurt to keep taking college classes, and you do look young. Very Happy

Really? That sounds like an interesting culture there. Very Happy

Awesome Sauce wrote:
like during the beginning of the internet popularity when you'd join chat rooms and forums people would automatically ask for: A/S/L (age, sex, location).  

When I was younger (around 13-14), I used to go on yahoo games a lot and play with random people, and I remember they always seemed to ask that, lol.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:15 pm

I like when guys have beards. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Okay so I'll grow it out just for you Razz
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:21 pm

One of my roommates has the full beard, I don't think I could do that. Would drive me crazy, but I do like the goatee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:23 pm

yeah whenever I go without shaving for a few days, I think it's a nice look, but drives me crazy too. Itches like nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Whew. The other driver's insurance company is claiming liability for the accident, so the repairs will be paid for in full Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Apricity wrote:
Suspect Any beard or does the homeless guy look work for you as well? Sput!

I have to stay smoove- ish. Since I shave my head it just looks weird if I grow on my face but nothing up top.

Looks like God put my head on upside down. Very Happy 

Besides, people are scared of my look as it is with a smooth face. They would really be scared if I showed up looking like a crazed skin head lumberjack.

Not sure why but everyone says I look like an angry ex con, all I need is the outfit. I guess the saying "make a face long enough it sticks" is true. Of course when I smile everyone says its "disturbing" so I just cant win. Razz
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
Okay so I'll grow it out just for you Razz
You would do it just because of what some random internet person says? Confused  lol
Spunkn wrote:
One of my roommates has the full beard, I don't think I could do that.  Would drive me crazy, but I do like the goatee.  
Yeah, I can imagine how it would be uncomfortable.

Alrighty, I had better head off and get back to my homework! I hope everyone has a great day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Hmm. Are you some random internet person...or my friend??
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
Whew. The other driver's insurance company is claiming liability for the accident, so the repairs will be paid for in full Very Happy 
I just hope for your sake they have a GOOD ins. company, otherwise you may be tempted to pay yourself with how long it takes them.

Geico is THE worst. Both having it AND getting repairs done.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Toro wrote:
Apricity wrote:
Suspect Any beard or does the homeless guy look work for you as well? Sput!

I have to stay smoove- ish. Since I shave my head it just looks weird if I grow on my face but nothing up top.

Looks like God put my head on upside down. Very Happy 

Besides, people are scared of my look as it is with a smooth face. They would really be scared if I showed up looking like a crazed skin head lumberjack.

Not sure why but everyone says I look like an angry ex con, all I need is the outfit. I guess the saying "make a face long enough it sticks" is true. Of course when I smile everyone says its "disturbing" so I just cant win. Razz
Hahaha! Very Happy Well, I like when beards are taken care of at least. But I don't think you would look scary. Smile

Paulie079 wrote:
That is wonderful news! !! Cheer! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next