ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fashion is fade, style is eternal.

Go down 
+10
Rayofsun
Amber.ly
Ninzae
Strider1002
Spunkn
Toro
Miss Spaulding
wannaberocker
PinkSweetart
Ethnog
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:42 pm

So yesterday I went to this store for sunglasses. They had Ray Ban Aviator's for $140 and above. Yet the same shades are on Amazon for about $125. I think ill just get them from amazon.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:46 pm

The last pair of sunglasses I had, broke in half, 10 minutes after someone said "Oh I like those" Doh! I wasn't mad because I never spend a fortune on sunglasses, unlike friends of mine, spending 200+ only to lose them 2 weeks later.

I like knowing, if they are lost/broken or stolen, I got my moneys worth by that time.

It may have been worth it back in the day when things were made to last.

But most stuff made these days are all made in China, in the very same sweat shop. Why pay $200 for the same quality, without the name? I dont care to impress anyone. I make cheap stuff look good.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:23 pm

I like Ray Ban because it really helps with my eyes.
I honestly see a very big difference when wearing that compared to my cheap ones. But I like my cheap ones that I've had for ever 5 years. Haha, they are so bad now but I love them too much to throw them out.

Btw, wannabe, you know that if you keep your receipt and can buy another pair for half off if you decide to get new ones much later on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm terrible for losing sunglasses. I can easily go through 3 or 4 pairs of glasses a year because I keep losing them

by necessity I can only buy the $20 ones Razz
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Ethnog wrote:
I like Ray Ban because it really helps with my eyes.
I honestly see a very big difference when wearing that compared to my cheap ones. But I like my cheap ones that I've had for ever 5 years. Haha, they are so bad now but I love them too much to throw them out.

Btw, wannabe, you know that if you keep your receipt and can buy another pair for half off if you decide to get new ones much later on.

My brother has Ray ban's and I have the 10 $ pair of glasses. And you are right, you can notice the difference in the lens quality and being able to see better.

The 10$ pairs I have I break easy cause I weak them whenever im outside working in the yard. Though the ray ban's I order, I don't plan on wearing them when im doing grunt work.

I think when you spend your own hard earned money on something. You protect it and take care of it a lot more. So I do plan on making the ray bans last.

Oh thanks about the receipt tip. I didn't know about that.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Toro wrote:
The last pair of sunglasses I had, broke in half, 10 minutes after someone said "Oh I like those" Doh! I wasn't mad because I never spend a fortune on sunglasses, unlike friends of mine, spending 200+ only to lose them 2 weeks later.

I like knowing, if they are lost/broken or stolen, I got my moneys worth by that time.

It may have been worth it back in the day when things were made to last.

But most stuff made these days are all made in China, in the very same sweat shop. Why pay $200 for the same quality, without the name? I dont care to impress anyone. I make cheap stuff look good.

I don't know, I think a person should have some nice things. If im going somewhere dressed nice. Why kill the whole look by wearing 10$ shades?

To me there is a time and a place for the 10$ shades and a time and place to wear the more fancy shades.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:20 am

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

My favorite pair of sunglasses were $10 bucks. Lol. ...They served me well. The most expensive I'll go is $20.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:22 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

My favorite pair of sunglasses were $10 bucks. Lol. ...They served me well. The most expensive I'll go is $20.
Ill admit those rare gems, those 10$ sunglasses that make ya look like a million bucks exist. But, they are rare.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:24 am

Lol. I suppose so.

There are certain things in life that I will always go expensive on because it's so much more worth it. But sunglasses don't fall under the 'worth it' category for me. ...Besides, I'm rough on my sunglasses.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:28 am

I looked everywhere for cheaper aviators that fit me well and nothing. =/ so I have to deal with the 140 from Ray Bans.

But I still look around all the time, and if I do find ones that I like I'll buy two of them.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:31 am

Ethnog wrote:
I looked everywhere for cheaper aviators that fit me well and nothing. =/ so I have to deal with the 140 from Ray Bans.

But I still look around all the time, and if I do find ones that I like I'll buy two of them.

Iv owned Fake Aviators and they didn't fit well to begin with. The frame was crocked and then they lens kept falling out. They were just horrible and actually looked Fake too lol.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:33 am

wannaberocker wrote:
Iv owned Fake Aviators and they didn't fit well to begin with. The frame was crocked and then they lens kept falling out. They were just horrible and actually looked Fake too lol.

Dude. I would have gotten my money back.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:34 am

I just can't find ones that are bigger and rounder. The one you posted is so nice but it doesn't fit me at all, you know? Thats usually what I see in stores. Though I have to say I love Target sunglasses and thats where I got my cheap one I've had for years. I just can't find aviators there that fit me good too.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:36 am

Yeah, Target's aviators aren't that great. They never fit me. But for me, I need the smaller ones (though I agree on 'rounded' and not squared). I've gotten couple of my pairs from Kohls and they've fit me well.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:40 am

Ethnog wrote:
I just can't find ones that are bigger and rounder. The one you posted is so nice but it doesn't fit me at all, you know? Thats usually what I see in stores. Though I have to say I love Target sunglasses and thats where I got my cheap one I've had for years. I just can't find aviators there that fit me good too.

Yeah, I think the max size for aviators is 64 or 62. Have you tried that size?
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:41 am

I don't really have much of a style at all. I really like boots but haven't had any since I can't afford them. I like shoes. Smile

I noticed everyone is talking about aviators. We (my siblings) used to have bbqs at my house with lots of friends over and someone left some aviator sunglasses. Very Happy They never came back for them and it's been maybe a year. If anyone wants them... they're still here. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:42 am

^ Boots! Yes! Love them. Cool 
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:47 am

Oh also I don't really like boots with high heels... they confuse me. Very Happy
I have a pair of boots that are so high I can't wear them....
Whenever I looked for boots those were the only ones I could find after all the shoes had been picked through by other people. I have noticed a lot of nice flat/low heeled boots lately though, which is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:50 am

OH! Sharon I did not even think of Kohls, I will definitely look there.

wannaberocker wrote:
Ethnog wrote:

I am not sure honestly.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:52 am

I like both, though, for some reason the bottoms of the heels on my high heeled boots have damaged so easily. I suppose it's because they're comfortable and easy to walk in, so I wind up being more rough on them than normal high heeled 'shoes'. Before I only preferred high heeled boots, but now I can really appreciate flat/low heeled boots. I bought a pair about a year ago and LOVE them. ...I probably wear them too much. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:56 am

I have platform boots (but they don't go above my ankle so maybe they aren't real boots) and I absolutely love them.... I've even gone "hiking" in them multiple times.... used to wear them to college almost everyday my first years there. They are old and cracking now though.. I need to get some new ones because they are really the only shoes I'm comfortable in for job interviews.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:58 am

^ Sounds like a legit reason to go shoppin' for boots. Cool 
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:22 am

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
Oh also I don't really like boots with high heels... they confuse me. Very Happy
Whenever I looked for boots those were the only ones I could find after all the shoes had been picked through by other people. I have noticed a lot of nice flat/low heeled boots lately though, which is awesome.

lol is this a female thing? ie buying things you cant wear lol.

I just cracked up when I read that line.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:43 am

wannaberocker wrote:
Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

lol is this a female thing? ie buying things you cant wear lol.

I just cracked up when I read that line.

Possibly.

I sometimes try them on.
They make me so tall.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 3:19 am

Ethnog wrote:
OH! Sharon I did not even think of Kohls, I will definitely look there.

wannaberocker wrote:
Ethnog wrote:

I am not sure honestly.
Well if you are in a sunglasses store next time. Ask for the 62 size and see if those fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fashion is fade, style is eternal.    Fashion is fade, style is eternal.  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fashion is fade, style is eternal.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: Fun Topics-
Jump to: