ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post a bible verse related to the previous one

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spunkn

Spunkn

Post a bible verse related to the previous one Empty
PostSubject: Post a bible verse related to the previous one   Post a bible verse related to the previous one EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:46 am

Thought I'd start it up again.

How does it work?

I will post a verse, then someone will choose an idea or word from that verse / verses and then choose another verse that uses that word or idea.

For example Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

So someone can choose a word or idea, ex: Heavens.

So I would choose a verse with the word heaven, or a verse about heaven.

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Next give some thoughts about that verse.  What you like about it, what you think it means, or whatever.

I think it means that salvation is through faith in Christ alone.  Nothing else.

So now someone else can choose a verse going off of Acts 4:12
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: Post a bible verse related to the previous one   Post a bible verse related to the previous one EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Salvation..

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. Romans 1:16

I like this verse because it makes me stand on a solid ground that the power of God through the gospel brings salvation to everyone who believes. It reminds me of the importance of sharing the gospel whenever it is possible and to support any efforts towards it. I often think that reaching out to people is a very hard thing to do in many places in the world. I always forget that...

Gospel = power of God which brings salvation.

It might be challenging but it does not mean that it is a "powerLESS" effort.

Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Post a bible verse related to the previous one   Post a bible verse related to the previous one EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Power

Proverbs 18:21

Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
And those who love it will eat its fruit.

Reminds me of the song lyrics by Hawk Nelson

Words can build you up
Words can break you down
Start a fire in your heart or
Put it out

Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to You

Words are powerful. A simple encouragement can go a long way towards making someone's day. A harsh word can also go a long way towards ruining someone's day.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Post a bible verse related to the previous one   Post a bible verse related to the previous one EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Build

Ecclesiastes 3-3:8

3 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Post a bible verse related to the previous one   Post a bible verse related to the previous one EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:20 am

Heavens

Isaiah 40:26-31

"Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the Lord; my cause is disregarded by my God"? Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:26-31

Some of the meaning I got from this verse: We sometimes think our troubles are unimportant to God, why would he pay any attention? Doesn't he have a lot of more important things to deal with? But in thinking that we are underestimating him. This verse mentions how powerful God is, our problems are not too hard or unimportant for him. If we hope in him he will give us strength.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Post a bible verse related to the previous one   Post a bible verse related to the previous one EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:56 pm

Love that passage of Isaiah, probably one of my favorite parts.

Created

Romans 1:20 - For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Kind of a hard verse to truly believe, that all men know that there is a God, and yet they suppress the truth in unrighteousness in order to try and deny it. But they will be without excuse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post a bible verse related to the previous one   Post a bible verse related to the previous one EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 8:32 pm

I like this game Very Happy

Romans 3:10-19

"As it is written:

'There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.'
'Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.'
'The poison of vipers is on their lips.'
'Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.'
'Their feet are swift to shed blood;
ruin and misery mark their ways,
and the way of peace they do not know.'
'There is no fear of God before their eyes.'
Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God."
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Post a bible verse related to the previous one   Post a bible verse related to the previous one EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:47 am

Mouths

“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may be beneficial to those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you.” - Ephesians 4:29-32

Meaning: Consider everything we say and how it effects others
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: Post a bible verse related to the previous one   Post a bible verse related to the previous one EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Bitterness

"See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;" -Hebrews 12:15

I don't fully grasp this meaning to be honest I guess I'm waiting for personal revelation? Study 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post a bible verse related to the previous one   Post a bible verse related to the previous one Empty

Back to top Go down

Post a bible verse related to the previous one
Page 1 of 1