ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you use glasses/contacts?

Go down 
+9
TX_CO_Matt
Dandelions in the Rain
Jess9450
Miles
Miss Spaulding
mina
Spunkn
Strider1002
Apricity
13 posters

Yes
Do you use glasses/contacts?  Vote_lcap82%Do you use glasses/contacts?  Vote_rcap
 82% [ 14 ]
No
Do you use glasses/contacts?  Vote_lcap18%Do you use glasses/contacts?  Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Apricity
Apricity

Do you use glasses/contacts?  Empty
PostSubject: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:19 pm

I am just curious. I also wanted to try out the poll option to see if I could figure it out, so hopefully it works. Smile

I started wearing glasses a year ago, and they help me for seeing things clearer at a distance. I always thought my vision was good until I tried on my brother's glasses and realized they made things clearer. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Haha yeah I don't like it though. They get so dirty very quickly. I'm always cleaning them. I'd rather have contacts, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Yeah. One of these days, I'll get Lasik. Unless there's a more natural option that I don't know about.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:25 pm

I'm still holding out. I could possibly use them for a little bit of distance correction, but I've done fine so far, and it's not a big deal yet so I've been blessed in that regard.

I can see myself getting them not too long in the future, but for now it's not a necessity.
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:48 pm

I wear contacts, and when I take them out; I wear glasses.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:00 pm

I use glasses. Though, I only use them for watching TV and driving at night.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:19 pm

I don't currently need glasses or contacts, but I did wear glasses for a few months in the mid nineties while recovering from an injury. When the underlying cause of the focus/twitching issue healed, and the vertigo subsided, my vision was fine.

Although I like to wear sunglasses outdoors due to light sensitivity, a prescription isn't necessary.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:40 pm

I use glasses for distance, so if I'm driving or watching TV/movies I wear them. My prescription is very slight though; I COULD drive without my glasses, but I can't read any of the street signs. It's fine if I know where I'm going!

When I'm at home though, I don't wear them.

I'd like to get contacts soon!
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:50 pm

I use them and need them if I don't want everything far away to be a blur. Very Happy

I think if you don't need them it's better not to get them. And if you do get them to not use them all the time.. unless needed. Because it seems that eye sight gets progressively worse and maybe more quickly the stronger the lenses are. I'm not sure exactly.

Last time I got my eyes checked I could see fine with my current prescription and even better with one stronger. But I decided to go with the prescription I already had and when I said that my eye doctor approved that decision.

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 7:03 pm

^ yeah that's true. I never realized I needed glasses until I went in for a driver's test to get my Texas license and I couldn't see the letters they needed me to see. I never had issues with it before. But I realized that I couldn't read street signs either. So I only need glasses to see far, but I ended up wearing them all the time because I would get headaches. Now I get headaches if I don't wear them and every few years my prescription changes :/ we're getting old!
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Fortunately my eye sight hasn't changed much in recent years. I guess it's slowed down. Very Happy I think it changes the most at a younger age one eye doctor told me that. I get headaches if I wear my glasses.. I still don't understand that. Razz Contacts don't give me headaches.. except they are slightly annoying if I want to see anything close up. I have very good close up vision... but my prescription is for far away. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
I use glasses. Though, I only use them for watching TV and driving at night.
Do you use glasses/contacts?  Sunglasssmall_zpsc8e4ee46
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:44 pm

^ Ain't no sign can stop me.

Cool Superman 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:42 pm

I wear glasses. I need them stronger however because I can barely see signs with them on. Which is sad because I just got these strengthened two years ago lol.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 11:26 pm

It was interesting reading everyone's replies! Very Happy

This got me thinking; I sometimes wonder if glasses do kind of make the eyes more dependent on them. Generally I only wear my glasses when I am driving, or when I just need them for seeing PowerPoint presentations in classroom. I have noticed that some days my vision is very clear, but most days it is a bit blurry when trying to focus on things at a distance, like signs, or such. I am not quite certain why this is. Sometimes I think that staring at books, computer screens, or such too much, as well as not obtaining enough sleep, water, and nutrition, may all be contributing factors to blurred vision.

I came by this website, and I think that it gives good advice on protecting vision. I really need to be more careful, haha. http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/good-eyesight

Whatever the case, it is interesting, and I do think glasses look nice. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 11:40 pm

I wear contacts. I've worn contacts so long now that I can't stand wearing my glasses for more than a hour or two at a time and want to take them off. It's not that fit badly or anything, I just don't like wearing them.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:42 pm

I need glasses, I only wear these cheap walmart reading glasses when I am reading or at the computer though. Of course since they aren't made for my eyes, they make my eyes worse the more I wear them...... but I am a procrastinator. I keep saying I'll get my eyes checked "Later", "later" has yet to arrive. Sorry

I don't use them while driving. Somehow I was able to pass the eye chart. If they had told me to read the line under it.... they would said.... "Were you TRYING to read that wrong or what?" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trentlogain

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:22 pm

i do. i find that the more light i have, the better i can see without them though. that's probably why i love having my apartment bathed in as much of it as i can.

Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 8:26 pm

I mainly wear contacts. I like my glasses but I have really sensitive eyes and the blazing Texas sun makes it hard for me to go outside without sunglasses. My glasses make me look smarter and more mature (plus they help to cover up some of my face) so I prefer to wear those when I can.Wink
Back to top Go down
http://lunarboulevard.blogspot.com/
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Glasses. I've worn glasses since I was 6 yrs old, so yeah...it's a part of life for me.

I've thought about contacts for maybe, like, 2 seconds...I have this thing about playing with my eyeballs. Seriously...wanna really freak me out? Play with your eyeball.... Wide Eye
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:31 pm

Hehehe, my high school friend and college roomie was really squeamish, so I used to put in and take out my contacts in front of him. He hated that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:42 pm

Contacts only look gross if you've never tried them. It sounds funny but once you give it a try you'll never even notice they're there. They don't hurt or feel all that strange; after you wear them for a day or two they just become second-nature.
Back to top Go down
http://lunarboulevard.blogspot.com/
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:47 pm

This is going to sound so vain and shallow...but honestly? I don't think I'd look good without glasses. Like...I'm so plain...at least with glasses I've got a sort of smart, sophisticated look...ya know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:43 pm

I was just thinking how I dislike my glasses. By the end of the day they're so smudged and dirty. I don't know how they got so smudged. It's a mystery.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 3:08 am

My glasses get around. Yep. World-traveler. I'm constantly finding them in the weirdest, most random places. I bang them around, I drop them, I get them tangled in my hair (by constantly placing them on the top of my hand like sunglasses)...oi.

I do believe that they are currently in my car. Right where I forgot them. Nerd Cool 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you use glasses/contacts?    Do you use glasses/contacts?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1