ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Contacts or glasses?

Go down 
+7
Amber.ly
Miles
Hadassah
mina
Ethnog
Dandelions in the Rain
wannaberocker
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Contacts or glasses? Empty
PostSubject: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:02 pm

On Monday, I have to go to the eye doctor.  So, I'm thinking about contacts but I'm not sure.  I have no problem touching my eyes, so I'm not concerned about that.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Glasses.

Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:28 pm

I got contacts and I really like them. Smile I have glasses too, but I prefer my contacts because my glasses give me headaches and sometimes make me dizzy.
You can probably request some samples from your eye doctor to choose whatever brand works best for your eyes before deciding.
I love that I can go swimming and see. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:30 pm

I've worn contacts all my life. People don't like it and think its annoying, but I love my contacts.

I like glasses too, but I feel more free without them and I get less headaches.

But you have to be careful with contacts because you need the right amount of tears so that they don't get dried too easily or you don't get infections.

Just a recommendation: If the doctor says there are new contacts out that are really good, do not get them. Stay with brands that have been in the marker for years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:55 pm

I'd love to get some contacts...maybe some green ones to bring out the green in my eyes more. But I can't stand to touch my eyes. I need like three people to hold me down just to put eye drops in when they get dry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:17 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE contacts!  I've worn them since 8th grade and I think they are the best invention since toilet paper.  I wear glasses at night.  I've never had any problems with contacts and  infections (maybe one time I had an eye infection).  Just always clean your hands with soap before handling them, keep your contacts clean, change them when your doctor recommends and you're fine.  It did take a few days to get used to putting them in and taking them out, but now I can do it without even looking at a mirror.  I'm really sensitive about things to do with my eyes (I hate putting in drops) , but once I'm used to contacts it doesn't bother me at all.

The biggest work in wearing contacts is in cleanliness; but once you have a routine it's no big deal.  The only thing I don't like about contacts is that I can't get a manicure b/c for some reason it's really hard to take my contacts in and out when my fingernails are painted.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Love mah contacts! The ONLY drawback is I have an astigmatism and contacts don't correct my vision as well as glasses. I have the best astigmatism brand of contacts there is, but there's still a difference in clarity between contacts and glasses. Is it enough to make me go back to glasses? Never. They're real easy to use, real easy to clean, and they are coming out with more and more types that are hydrating and breathable. Smile
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 6:12 pm

If my eyes needed it, I'd get glasses. That being said, the thought of putting something onto my eyeballs squicks me a little, and I'll admit that I've considered getting glasses with clear lenses just because certain styles look good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 6:42 pm

I've only ever used glasses. the thought of putting my contacts in daily just doesn't appeal to me. And I have astigmatism which, from what I've heard, makes the contact thing a little more complex than most other people.

glasses are simple: put them on, take them off. and they make you look like your IQ has been raised by about 20 points just by putting on a pair of glasses. There is no downside Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:00 pm

I have astigmatism too but I've been told NOT to get the contacts made for that and to have my eye doctor prescribe two separate (regular) contacts for my eyes in order for them to not be as expensive AND to have better vision.

My main downsides to glasses (and I've had them since I was 5 years old) are that I HATE being able to see the frames, the ugly tan lines from the legs of them when I decide to go without for a photo and that I can't wear normal sunglasses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:01 pm

Also, keep the input coming. I haven't exactly decided yet. I appreciate all the comments!
Back to top Go down
Amber.ly

Amber.ly

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:08 pm

I tried contacts. Getting them in and out two times a day was not worth it for me. But I didn't need glasses everyday, just when driving at night and I was trying out contacts to see if it would improve my daily sight- which it didn't so I gave them up.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Tink wrote:
I have astigmatism too but I've been told NOT to get the contacts made for that and to have my eye doctor prescribe two separate (regular) contacts for my eyes in order for them to not be as expensive AND to have better vision.

My main downsides to glasses (and I've had them since I was 5 years old) are that I HATE being able to see the frames, the ugly tan lines from the legs of them when I decide to go without for a photo and that I can't wear normal sunglasses.
I think that's definitely something to discuss with your optometrist. I'm not sure what you mean by two separate contacts. Do you mean different prescriptions per eye or two contacts to put in each eye? I'll admit, mine are expensive but my prescription is horrible and I see beautifully with them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Tink I also have astigmatism and I had to have two different prescriptions. This time the doctor gave me the same prescription and did not put me with contacts that were for astigmatism because they were hurting me more then helping.
You should really discuss what is good for your eyes.
Also, I suggest that you don't use contacts for at least a day or half a day to help your eyes adjust. Over using them weakens your eyes more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Hadassah wrote:
Tink wrote:

I think that's definitely something to discuss with your optometrist. I'm not sure what you mean by two separate contacts. Do you mean different prescriptions per eye or two contacts to put in each eye? I'll admit, mine are expensive but my prescription is horrible and I see beautifully with them. Smile

A separate prescription for each eye. Not two contacts for each eye.

Ethnog wrote:
Tink I also have astigmatism and I had to have two different prescriptions. This time the doctor gave me the same prescription and did not put me with contacts that were for astigmatism because they were hurting me more then helping.
You should really discuss what is good for your eyes.
Also, I suggest that you don't use contacts for at least a day or half a day to help your eyes adjust. Over using them weakens your eyes more.

Thanks! I will talk to the doctor to see what he says.

Y'all are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:48 pm

I have different prescriptions for my eyes. It's more common than you think. Smile
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:41 pm

I wanna get that surgery where they replace my eyes with lasers. That would be SOOOO cool Big Eye

Til then I will likely end up with glasses cause I can't touch my eyeballs.

I am eye squeamish.

Id say go with both if you can, there will be times you cant or shouldn't have contacts but would still like to see (such as read in bed before going to sleep)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:50 pm

Good point, Toro. About reading before bed. LOL.

Lasers, eh? Interesting....
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Tink wrote:
Good point, Toro.  About reading before bed. LOL.

Lasers, eh?  Interesting....

Yes, They call it:

Laser Eye Surgery.

I WILL be part of the X-men after all.... sure they arent claws... but who cares.....

*Making laser blast noises* PEW PEW YEEWWOOO PEW Circle Run
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 11:03 pm

Toro wrote:
Tink wrote:
Good point, Toro.  About reading before bed. LOL.

Lasers, eh?  Interesting....

Yes, They call it:

Laser Eye Surgery.

I WILL be part of the X-men after all.... sure they arent claws... but who cares.....

*Making laser blast noises* PEW PEW YEEWWOOO PEW Circle Run

Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:26 am

There are contacts you can sleep in. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:17 am

I tried contacts with astigmatism correction but I preferred the brand that doesn't have them.
I don't really understand why my glasses give me bad headaches and sometimes make me dizzy when I feel fine with my contacts. My glasses do have astigmatism correction though. I think I see fine with my contacts though (maybe not as well in the dark). Also each of my eyes do have a different prescription. Very Happy
The contacts I have can be slept in but I prefer to take them out. I know some people who have this same brand who sleep with them in though. They just don't last quite as long.
The most annoying thing would be taking the time to put them in, in the morning. But after you get the hang of putting them in and taking them out it's really quick. Smile
Also.. I can now get any sunglasses I want. ^_^
Can go swimming and see and can go walking in the rain and not have to clean off lenses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:12 am

I AM SO VERY EXCITED!

My doctor is ordering a trial pair for me! He has to order them because my prescription is above what they normally carry in the office. He did tell me that my vision has not gotten any worse, but that the axis of my astigmatism has changed in the last few years. I'm looking forward to trying out the contacts and I'll probably get glasses in September. Pretty stoked. Very Happy

Thank you all for your input and opinions! <3
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:29 pm

I have both but I use contacts more often. The only time I wear glasses is when I am out of contacts or when I am home the whole day.

I also have astigmatism. The contacts I am wearing now are perfect to my imperfect eyes. Razz
And it is "breathable" so I can sleep without taking it off. I don't do it though. I always take it off. I don't like the fact that I am sleeping with some stuffs stuck inside my eyes. hahah.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Ugh, astigmatism. I was diagnosed with that earlier this year. Thing is, I still can't see far away with perfect clarity, except with my glasses. So, I don't know what's going on.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contacts or glasses?   Contacts or glasses? Empty

Back to top Go down

Contacts or glasses?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next